Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Reddit?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 InquilineKea

• 773 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

I think reddit could be a source for a lot of interest here, now that most of the young+fairly intelligent people have moved onto there.

Particularly, the /r/askscience community

==

Also we should try better integration with LessWrong

Edited by InquilineKea, 29 May 2011 - 10:24 PM.

• like x 1

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

I think reddit could be a source for a lot of interest here, now that most of the young+fairly intelligent people have moved onto there.

Particularly, the /r/askscience community

==

Also we should try better integration with LessWrong

Please do hold discussions about the cause at Less Wrong and link them here. There is a reddit "share" button at the bottom of each forum topic. Be sure to report the things you do in the Internet Networking pinned topics there to get credit for them.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

I was just thinking, another thing that would help a lot is if we had people go and collect already existing topics about indefinite life extension to link here. If there are many at Less Wrong for instance, you or another person could list the links and post them here.

To all:

These links help a lot. They help spread awareness now the way it is. There are probably 300 to 600 internet networking activities through this team, and a conservative estimate is that that has probably generated at least 1,000 to 2,000 more minds thinking about this cause. Even if they scoff it, thats ok, we at least want the concept in peoples minds. Then besides what this team generates now, it will also be a gold mine of message spreading once this cause takes a firmer hold. When dozens of supporters start coming here per month, we will line all these things up and ask people to digg, comment etc.. Think about it, even just merely 20 more people working in this team for a few months could respond to all the topics, digg everything, and everything else, thereby generating a few thousand more minds thinking about this cause.

Imagine what a couple hundred, and more, can do. It all adds up.

#4 Roon

• 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

A recent post in /r/Transhuman expresses interest in more life-extension related content.

http://www.reddit.co...ntering/c4h5ok1
  • like x 1

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

I think I understand reddit more completely now. Should we start a pinned section of this team for posting reddit topics? Since reddit seems to depend on volume to push it into popular pages, should we encourage people to list all indefinite life extension related reddit topics, or a few, or one topic every quarter, or something else?

#6 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

/r/nootropics needs more content. It's pretty dead these days.

/r/nootropics2 is a good source of new content for us, as is /r/science and /r/neuro sometimes.

To not be classed as a spammer, you need to be an active redditor and keep your ratio of other posts/links to longecity posts at around 9:1.
  • like x 1

#7 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

/r/nootropics2 is a good source of new content for us, as is /r/science and /r/neuro sometimes.

To not be classed as a spammer, you need to be an active redditor and keep your ratio of other posts/links to longecity posts at around 9:1.

More nootropics and supplements traffic would be nice, but we better stick to indefinite life extension topics in the beginning here. Could you post this as a topic, "What do you think about the prospects for and the desirability of indefinite life extension? Do you think it can become a reality, and do you think it would be desirable?" and then link that topic here? I'll then promote it in this sub-forum.

#8 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

More nootropics and supplements traffic would be nice, but we better stick to indefinite life extension topics in the beginning here. Could you post this as a topic, "What do you think about the prospects for and the desirability of indefinite life extension? Do you think it can become a reality, and do you think it would be desirable?" and then link that topic here? I'll then promote it in this sub-forum.

Doesn't quite work like that...

I'd need an article here that's worth promoting and draws discussion. It'll get discussed there are you'll net new users here. :)

#9 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Would this one work, and can you post it? http://www.longecity...lates/c60health
  • like x 1

#10 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Sure. We'll see if it draws any interest in /r/todayilearned..

#11 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Nope.. Also removed from /r/science as an unclear article that appeared to critique the original study..

#12 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

What is it that they accept? I thought I saw general topics there but maybe there weren't.

#13 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Science rag articles.. Maybe link to the paper then link to the site in te comments.

#14 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Do you think they would accept either of these, and if so then can you try one or both?

http://www.longecity...ension-drug-r32
http://www.longecity...tion-primer-r25

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users