• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Has Anyone Tried Geranium as a Nootropic.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

I've taken many pre-workouts with Geranium and it's fantastic. I wondering if anyone uses it for focus because it works great alike Adderal. I've been tempted to buy the powder since they sell it on Amazon and use it when school starts back, but for now I've been using a pre-workout supplement with Geranium and it extends the power of my stacks miles ahead. I'm suggesting you guys check it out.

The only negative effects I have read is that over dosing has similar effects to cocaine and that the supplement is banned by some competitive corps.

EDIT: This is one of those in your face drugs, it's not a debatable placebo effect. You will notice a difference.

Edited by juryben, 09 June 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#2 aaron43

• 143 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

Interesting.. apparently from book
"Dimethylamylamine
Common uses: Increase Mental Acuity; Increase Energy; Decrease symptoms of ADD

Began as a drug under the name Deaner, but was removed as a drug "when additional clinical efficacy studies were not provided to the FDA."

Claimed to upregulate choline uptake in the brain.

-Everything below is cited to Wikipedia-
"...its pharmacological profile not looked at since Eli Lilly filed its patent in 1944, stating that the stimulant effects on the CNS are less than that of amphetamine or ephedrine.

Methylhexaneamine is not FDA approved... it is a component of geranium oil which is approved for use in foods..."

It's used as a recreational drug in New Zealand. "Serious adverse effects including headache, nausea, and stroke have been reported in recreational users of these products. In November 2009 the New Zealand government indicated that DMAA would be scheduled as a restricted substance." "

-apparently from book: Essentials of Sports Nutrition and Supplements, by Jose Antonio http://www.tri-talk....?showtopic=1673
________

Now is there anyone that has any information on this upregulation of choline? Is it true or not? I looked but couldn't find anything. If geranium upregulates choline..what would be the effects of a synergistic combination of choline + piracetam + geranium . Maybe reduced mental fog and increased energy which many people say they lack during piracetam supplementation? If that was the case then wouldn't aniracetam + piracetam + choline + geranium be the ultimate newby stack?

Edited by aaron43, 09 June 2011 - 11:34 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 MrSpud

• 268 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

Deaner does not equal Methylhexaneamine
Not even similar to each other.

Edited by MrSpud, 10 June 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#4 MrSpud

• 268 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

Also, it looks like 1,3 Dimethylamylamine really isn't a constituent of Geranium Oil either http://newhope360.co...-safety-?page=1

#5 aaron43

• 143 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

Dimethylamylamine does not equal Methylhexaneamine
Not even similar to each other.

ok smartass

Methylhexaneamine is not FDA approved in its own right, although it is a component of geranium oil which is approved for use in foods, and so this has been used to justify claims that it should be classified as a dietary supplement rather than a pharmaceutical product. It is technically correct to say that methylhexaneamine is a dietary supplement, as it is a component of the oil from Pelargonium graveolens, which is approved for use in food. Methylhexaneamine has been demonstrated to comprise 0.66 - 1% of geranium oil, a similar compound to plant ratio as many other commonly available herbs. With this being said, even pure synthetic methylhexaneamine is compliant under FDA law, and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) in particular, as it allows for the synthesis of compounds which were originally found in commonly-known food sources. This law allows for compounds such as Vitamin C, originally stemming from citrus fruits, to be synthesized almost exclusively and still be compliant.

I didn't say they were the same, but they are associated. It was a preliminary thought.
Tryin to be a super hero or something. Changing the longecity one forum at a time.
  • dislike x 1

#6 aaron43

• 143 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

Also, it looks like 1,3 Dimethylamylamine really isn't a constituent of Geranium Oil either http://newhope360.co...-safety-?page=1

that article said nothing about dimethylamylamine being in it. Its in geranium stem smartass.
  • dislike x 1

#7 MrSpud

• 268 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

I meant Deaner isn't the same as Methylhexaneamine. Deaner or Deanol is
Dimethylaminoethanol. That is the one that is choline related.

1,3 Dimethylamylamine is indeed another name for Methylhexaneamine.

Edited by MrSpud, 10 June 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#8 MrSpud

• 268 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

I thought this post was to discuss Methylhexaneamine, also called 1,3 Dimethylamylamine and I noticed it was being confused with Deaner. I got confused for a minute too.

1,3 Dimethylamylamine is old news already. The article says that it isn't in Geranium. It says that it was a typo in a translation from a Chinese paper that said it was in Geranium. All of the 1,3 Dimethylamylamine is synthetic and isn't really from Geranium stem.

The whole idea of calling it Geranium or Geranamine apparently came from Patrick Arnold who was basically the first one to use it in a supplement. He cited the chinese paper and said that since it was present in geranium oil and that since geranium oil is approved as a flavor in foods that it was therefore legal to put into supplements. See http://www.washingto...6050700913.html

Only now that people are figuring out it is a synthetic decongestant and not really from Geranium it most likely will be banned soon.

My personal thoughts about it is that it very similar to ephedrine, only weaker.

Edited by MrSpud, 10 June 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#9 aaron43

• 143 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

ah I got confused there too at the very end. but do you know anything about its upregulation of choline uptake? And how if taken with a range of supporting supplements could it possibly be a common solution for people who get tired off piracetam? And could it benefit if taken with ani + pir + choline + acetylcarnitine because it seems to make logical sense. I haven't really found out anything else

Edited by aaron43, 10 June 2011 - 07:40 AM.

#10 longevitynow

• 266 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:45 AM

I find it similar to ephedra/ephedrine. I like it for focus. IMO it has a much lighter adrenal load than adderall or even 5mg of ritalin. Don't remember the half-life but experientially it seems shorter than caffeine (and I like the focus better).
Overall judgement: a good, short-acting stimulant with similar effects on focus as ritalin but fewer side effects.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 The Human Meteorite

• 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

1,3 Dimethylamylamine is old news already. The article says that it isn't in Geranium. It says that it was a typo in a translation from a Chinese paper that said it was in Geranium. All of the 1,3 Dimethylamylamine is synthetic and isn't really from Geranium stem.

I would not exclude that DMPA is present in geranium until the lab result being a typo is further confirmed. It's just an anecdote, but DMPA actually smells exactly like a combination of geranium and burnt rubber anyone else who has tried to pure substance can attest for this.
Personally, I think using it as a nootropic is stupid. It's effects on the adrenergic pathways are similar to ephedrine, and ephedrine raises brain temperature to something around 40C in isolated areas, causing neural apoptosis.
On a side note, this chemical has even more spellings the picamilon. Dimethylpentylamine, dimethylamylamine, methylhexamine, geranamine...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users