Photo

LongeCity Design Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

The LongeCity website needs a graphical revision in line with our 2011 rebranding.

We are looking for all of the following:
1)Small art pic (pixelart) for each major forum section
2)An art concept to introduce a ‘city’ theme to the forum and website
3)An art concept to frame non-forum pages
4)An index page design

Contributors should submit a draft concept by July 18th 2011.
Among the submissions, the board will draw up shortlist and a winner will be chosen, by the Members. The prize is $500 with an opportunity for further work.

Please help spread the word across the internet and among artistically gifted friends so that we get some fantastic contributions.

Conditions:
Entries can be submitted as an attachment
-- to a forum post in response to this topic OR
-- to a forum thread started by the artist which must be placed in the Art Team Subforum and must be titled 'Art Contest submission' OR
-- as an attachment to a single email to support@imminst.org which must be titled 'Art Contest submission'

All entries, including those submitted by email will be displayed in public forums. Copyright will remain with the artist until a winning entry is chosen.

The board reserves the right not to select any entry if none are found suitable.

All material must be original to the contributor. You may use third-party stock only if you own full rights to the source including the right to transfer to LongeCity.

By entering the contest each entrant releases LongeCity, their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and agents, from any and all claims or liability, including but not limited to damages, losses or injuries, suffered by the entrant or any third parties in connection with participation in this contest. By entering the contest, entrants and prize winners grant LongeCity permission to their names, and entries for advertising, publicity or other purposes without additional consent or compensation.

All contributions are received with the express understanding that if the artist is selected, he or she will
  • provide LongeCity with files and materials required for implementing the art at sufficient quality
  • finalise any draft and unfinished artwork within two weeks after winning
  • advise on the implementation of the artwork by LongeCity as required
  • be available for further work to develop the design
  • be credited for the design but will transfer all copyright to LongeCity

• like x 3

#2 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

I know the perfect place to find a person to do this! It's called freelancer.com http://www.freelancer.com/
Just make a project listing with a budget of $500 and there you have it.
  • like x 1

#3 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

Some apetizers for inspiration
- http://longecity.com/index2.php . Apraisal to jdkasinski's design!
- http://www.longecity...es&folder=&id=6 current potential page for LongeCity: really uglyPosted Image
- http://www.longecity.../experiment.php : the very first design of LongeCity

Edited by AgeVivo, 10 July 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#4 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "Action! -> Projects & Teams -> Editors" to "Community -> LongeCity -> Announcements".

#5 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Attached is a custom art design by Savant Garde Institute. Artemis Smith created the image and has rights to it, describing it as reflecting the ultimate hard reality of an unlimited physical existence. It was offered for the art contest, and I referred Artemis to the details of all the aspects of this particular design contest. If there is interest in using the image or working with Artemis, then the original email with contact information is on our imminst.support ( at ) gmail account. There had been a previous entry by Artemis that I did not post as it was not a copyright free image--this second and new entry is a copyright free image and exclusive rights could be granted to ImmInst.

Attached Files

#6 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

Attached is a custom art design by Savant Garde Institute. Artemis Smith created the image and has rights to it, describing it as reflecting the ultimate hard reality of an unlimited physical existence. It was offered for the art contest, and I referred Artemis to the details of all the aspects of this particular design contest. If there is interest in using the image or working with Artemis, then the original email with contact information is on our imminst.support ( at ) gmail account. There had been a previous entry by Artemis that I did not post as it was not a copyright free image--this second and new entry is a copyright free image and exclusive rights could be granted to ImmInst.

Lol strong MS paint skills.
  • like x 1

#7 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

Well you know, anyone who would like to "step it up" is welcome to do so ;)

#8 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Question from email

For request (1), what level of major forum section do you mean?
Community, Action!, Bioscience, Health & Nutrition, etc.? Or one level
further down? For requests (2) and (3), are we talking a header
design, a background image, or just a conceptual page layout sketch?
And for request (4), do you want straight web design + concept work,
or just the concept work, leaving the coding to someone else? If you
let me know what I need, I'll do my best to accomodate you however I
can.

Thanks for your interest!

Re 1) We'd probably be looking at one level further down, i.e. where you see the 'hourglass' symbols on the forum index page at the moment.

Re 2/3/) Don't want to be too prescriptive. If you have an artisic/design vision let us know about it. Generally though, we'd be looking at the header and the navigation colum to make them more appealing.

Re 4) Just the concept and the art, although it would be great if the concept didn't call for very complicated coding that will be difficult to adjust in the long run.

Hope this helps to answer your questions. I'll share the answer on the forum for general benefit.

#9 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

First deadline is due tomorrow.

To clarify: at this stage we do not expect a finished product, merely sufficient demonstration of a design concept.
Those who are interested in contributing should send an expression of interest, even if the design has not been fully developed.

#10 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

deadline passed away...

- http://www.longecity...es&folder=&id=6 current potential page for LongeCity: really uglyPosted Image

frontpage: after those posts... is someone working on it? would a slight improvement of http://www.longecity...es&folder=&id=6 from my part be sufficient to deliver a first step, that will be replaced by a better version ??

#11 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

We did have a nice entry presented to support before the deadline, the board discussed it today and will be presenting it here. The design is good and the hope currently as that the artist will work on a few points.

#12 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

Great news; Long life to LongeCity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users