23 replies to this topic

#1 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

What's your joy or accomplishment?

Large or small

You can post it here

If it's anything at all

consider yourself patted on the back! :)

please, no advice or criticism to the posters

supportive feedback only

Edited by Luminosity, 03 September 2011 - 01:41 AM.

• like x 1

#2 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

Starting this thread anew. Try to post on this thread.

#3 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

I think I'm looking better because of how a guy responded to me. He was a fairly good-looking younger male who was delivering mail and I asked him some questions. He seemed nervous and uncollected, intimidated. I think it's because I looked cute. I haven't had that in a while. I'm going to take it as a compliment. I don't see any other reasons for it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

Actually regarding the above, it might have been the letter of complaint I wrote to the Postmaster General and the Board of Governors . . . hmm

Anyway, today I confronted someone and told them everything I have to say. They lie and deny and are hateful but I let them have it. I didn't hold back. It's hard because they are like a brick wall but I didn't let them lie in my presence without confronting it, setting things straight. I did everything I could, and I took good care of myself so I would be able to do the confrontation. I was exhausted. I called a couple of support lines to deal with the feelings from it. The first one, the woman just made sympathetic noises which were not really in keeping with the tone of what I was saying. It was wierd. And then she broke into a diatribe to ask a question for her list. Not to take away from a volunteer. So I called another line because that kind of thing makes you want to try again. The next person was good. I spoke until I have no more to say, then I went to lunch at a vegan restaurant. The last time I was there we had a little contretemps because they have a big screen TV with war, poverty and death on while you eat. This time it was better and they gave me some free pineapple. It's the kind of place where they just have a bowl of fresh pineapple for the staff to snack on. I had the vegan drumsticks and chow fun and orange juice. Then I came to the library. For some reason my lights were on during the day and I kind of overshot the parking and everyone on the sidewalk book sale was looking at me. I felt like I was profiled or something. Then I came in here and got some free magazines. And I came to the computer.

#5 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I bought two pairs of jeans. I am working on buying something else. I organized my room. I am trying to grapple with an insurance company. I get up each day and make breakfast and go through my supplement regimen. I sent a seven page letter to someone who requested supplement information. I hope she gets it and it goes over well. I got my hair together. My place and I am cleaner/better kept. I am more on it. I can move around more. I devised a warming cream that works. I told the manager of a restaurant what was bothering me about it.

#6 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

I did some laundry by hand. I cleaned a few things. I packaged up some stuff to mail. I didn't have much in the way of groceries but I managed. I had gone to the store once or twice but everything was rotten. I checked on some financial things. I finally got out of the house and came to the mall to get a falafel. They were out, again. That sucks. But I ate something else instead. Got into a pretty nice conversation with a guy. Then I came to the Apple store.

I worked on something the other day but it's too loud in here today to work on it further right now or do any other paper work.

#7 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

I got my P.O. Box rent paid with two hours to spare. There was an unusual amount of oncoming traffic but I cut through it with the patience of other the drivers. I put a check in the mail. I got some baby carrots to eat later. I went to the suburbs where the city office is usually not crowded or hectic. There was a crazy roadwork project that blocked off the highway exit. I cut through stopped up oncoming traffic and went in a back way. It wasn't recommended but I did make it. I got there and there was a line with ten people out the door because it was the end of the month. There was one hour 'til closing. I went and got my wheelchair cause I didn't want to stand up for that long. They have a sign saying they only accept cash or checks. I had that. I made it in and out with twenty minutes to spare. I got my registration renewed. Everything went pretty well, considering. I got a burger and went to eat it on the waterfront. Two entrances to the waterfront were blocked by the crazy roadwork project. For six months they have been having men and heavy equipment do something indiscernible to a sidewalk bordering an empty lot next to the freeway. I pulled over to a side street to eat. A guy walking his dog looked at me like I was suspicious. Yes, I am eating baby carrots, what of it? They were kind of fermented.

It was kind of like an urban olympics and I made it.

I came to the mall. I got some things at Whole Foods. Now I'm here.

#8 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

I placed a $182.00 order with a vitamin company. Whew! Now I have to watch it because they double charge the my account for a week, so I'll watch it.

#9 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Got up early. Ate two vegetables and tofu for breakfast. Got to the farmers market, got more fruits and veggies. Went to to two thrift shops. Got some cool stuff. Followed my supplement regimen, and am on track and functioning.

#10 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

I did nine loads of laundry! Whew. It took about six hours including everything. I feel a lot cleaner. I feel like a person. It was an accomplishment. Almost everything is put back now. In spite of the fact that wild parrots or love birds woke me up too early having a fight outside my window because some idiot is feeding them on our roof. Sleep deprivation. I ended up doing some unnecessary household tasks due to memory lapses brought on by sleep deprivation and did something stupid I would not have but it's not my fault, I need to forgive myself. I am tired but radiant and I feel better because of the clean sheets and clothing.

#11 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

My weight lifting is up to forty pounds. Yeah!!!

#12 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

I cleaned a toilet that hadn't been cleaned for way too long. So sick of looking at that. Finally had to clean it because of a reason I won't get into. But I did it. Yeah!

#13 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Finally got on track with some exercises.

Eating steamed green vegetables almost every day.

Being more presentable.

Working on some physical issues.

Working on some other issues.

Heeding the guidance, even when it's hard.

#14 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Got a nice compliment and a new friend on a consumer website. Saved them from a bad mechanic.

The hairdresser I heard was good at the really expensive salon moved to another salon. She is now somewhat more affordable, if you think $150 for a color and cut is affordable, plus $30.00's for three boxes of non-toxic dye that I bring with me, because I have that much hair. Still it's better. The salon has 5 out of 5 stars on a consumer website based on 16 reviews. So that's good news. There is another stylist there that apparently is quite a bombshell. People like her work but some of the reviews are like poems about how beautiful she is. Haven't seen that before.

Edited by Luminosity, 07 February 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#15 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

The orchid trees outside are flowering. Saw a Jackson's Chameleon crossing the road. Stopped to let him get across, and waved the other cars ahead. I got some money and that is always a good day for me. Did something about a problem, and am still on it. Seem to be in pretty good shape today. Did all I could lately. Got up late, made a good breakfast, went to an appointment, did all I needed to do for the appointment. It went well. Picked up lunch at a health food store. Got some info off their bulletin board. Went to a hardware store. It was quite toxic but I did what I needed to so. I'd called ahead to minimize time there and it worked. Ate my health food at the mall. Came to where I am now and used the computer.

Edited by Luminosity, 03 March 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#16 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

Got out of the house by mid day. Did something difficult. Lifted weights and swam yesterday. Doing my best. Got some take out food for later. Eat some lunch. Now at computer store.

#17 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

Today I did a lot of organizing and cleaning. Stuff that fell on the floor a while ago got sterilized, and some hand laundry got finished. Lots of sterilizing. Felt good. Felt more human. Did a lot, cleared up some clutter. My home felt better, like a bird whose feathers were unruffled. Clothes pins and hangers coming from everywhere got cleaned. Found a piece I wrote that I should finish and submit for publication handwritten in a notebook. Got a bunch of magazines, a liquid soap dispenser, some whole grain waffles bought by mistake (Thanks, Van's for making your labels so hard to distinguish, you owe me twenty dollars you fuckheads) some unneeded dental supplies, and an expensive wheel of Yunnan tea that didn't work out. I put them my building where people can get them. Lots of juicy magazines. I carefully selected two magazines for myself from the existing pile there, but they are still there because I forgot them, apparently.

Went to a gas station where they were supposed to check my tires the other day. They left the caps loose. One fell off, and I wasn't sure if the air pressure was even right. I asked them to fix all that and, they did, they said. Second time's the charm? I don't like it when simple things like that get fucked up. I've got enough to do.

I got some takeout sushi and a club sandwich. Ate the sandwich with some hot tea and carrots. Keeping the sushi for later. I'm craving homemade soups and hot food but there isn't that much available that is good. Visions of pumpkin bisque dance in my head. In my head there are many imaginary restaurants. One is called The Soup Kettle. It serves French onion soup and many vanished delicacies. I go there often.

I went to park my car where I am now. Didn't like what was around so I reparked a few times. Then I came here. Answered a few queries about health issues. One might have been directed to me by mistake, but I answered. Seems like I've answered the same questions about collagen about a zillion times. I posted a few blog entries. I dealt with a ugly annoying guy who used a stinky herbal disinfectant wipe on a computer keyboard and is mad scientist laughing. You think he'd want to minimize the other icky things about himself but he doesn't. You can tell he doesn't even know he's the problem.

I'm thinking of finishing the piece I found in the notebook. I'm also hungry. Did everything I could today so far.

Edited by Luminosity, 26 September 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#18 lemonhead

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Good for you, Luminosity! I really to do some cleaning and oganizing around here...

I exercised. I want to get back to execising every day. I've not been sleeping at night due to reflux issues. I nap in the day instead and get nothing done. I need to break this pattern somehow.

#19 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

I have the same thing, I don't sleep due to neighborhood noise, and have gotten very little done, mostly.

Is that you cat? He looks scrappy.

#20 lemonhead

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Yup; he's mellowed out a lot now that he's grown. He still gives me 'love bites' when I'm late to feed him, though. ;)

#21 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

I'm grateful for some positive things. Now my hair, clothes and I are clean. My shoes are not stinky. My home and car are in better shape. There were weird situational reason why those things were otherwise. They weren't of my choosing. I'm glad that it is not that way anymore. I've gotten some stuff I didn't need out of my apartment. Whew! Magazines, household stuff, some medical equipment. Been better about throwing away clothes that had finished their usable lifespan. I got to share some wholistic medicines with someone that needed them and thank God she was receptive to them. Thank you. I got some potentially good news about something. I hope it is that. There's a little more room in my apartment. I got to try a new restaurant, Andean food. Kind of different. I also checked out a Himalayan restaurant and a few other places. None of them were it but I wanted to check them out. Got a new support system for a certain thing and it works for me. Whew. Thank you God.

#22 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

I got a large store to be more accessible to the disabled. They ripped out most of the barriers in two days of getting my emails. Talked to their lawyer this morning. Awesome!

I'm wearing my flower necklace and my silk jacket to celebrate, and eating raspberries and chocolate. Can't stop me.

Also, influenced an election and removed three layers of bad management from an organization. Got a lawyer involved with that too. He was a voting member of the organization. He read my writings and showed up at the annual meeting and made them make some changes, cause of what I wrote. Right on!

Edited by Luminosity, 03 April 2014 - 06:01 AM.

#23 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

On a sugar free kick

#24 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:41 AM

Finally got a package off in the mail, and sent in some other mail.  After quite a while.  Got some papers filed and organized.  Got rid of some papers too.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Self-Expression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users