Internet Networking - H+ Flash Media Section

H+ flash media spreading the meme outreach indefinite life extension

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

This H+ Flash Media group in Facebook does the same thing as the Internet Networking team. Lets join up with and help them keep the indefinite life extension related discussions flowing in these related topics around the internet.

http://www.facebook....18570128181012/

To get points, let us know here in this topic when you help the Facebook group.

Examples, "I added 1 comment in the facebook group"

"I added 3 more comments in the facebook group."

H+ Flash Media Group

Attached File  H+ flash media team - longecity internet networking.PNG   155.24KB   6 downloads

Edited by brokenportal, 12 October 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Dirk Bruere from H+ has applied and been approved to come on board and work with this team.

Dirk, what do you, (and others) think about creating a new focus for this group, that being to focus mainly on this H+ Flash Media internet networking group?

#3 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hey, went to the groups facebook page - do I click "join the group" on facebook as well? Some of the articles in the links have comments turned off like the one from daily mail, so i just saw your comment and rated it up. Is that also sth that helps?

#4 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Added 1 comment in the facebook group on the telegraph article

#5 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

Added 1 more comment in the facebook group

#6 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Yes, rating up helps too, thanks. Im glad you caught on so fast, to help show others. This is exactly what I was hoping you would do. Now each month I come to this topic and I look back to the first post in November and count the contributions by each person. We then award points based on that. If we can get a few people doing this then the hope is to get it to catch on. Some of those articles there may have comments turned off yes.

#7 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

Yes, rating up helps too, thanks. Im glad you caught on so fast, to help show others. This is exactly what I was hoping you would do. Now each month I come to this topic and I look back to the first post in November and count the contributions by each person. We then award points based on that. If we can get a few people doing this then the hope is to get it to catch on. Some of those articles there may have comments turned off yes.

I'm afraid to create spam, so am I allowed to mention imminst or longecity in my posts? I'll do it as impercptiby as possible but wanna know if this is allowed at all and not spamming. I also wanna join the H+ facebook group. would it be ok or is it better if some oustider posts good comments? I dont personally care about my points just what it does for the cause :) Any instructions are welcome as im new to this but wanna help :)

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Try not to spam. Dont intentionally try to drop links. I find that when I approach them with what I would naturally say then I often do automatically mention things naturally, where it doesnt look like spam, and it isnt spam. So my suggestion is to not even try to do it imperceptively. Mentioning even just general support like, "I really hope this research works because I would much rather stay alive long into the future if I can." or whatever, works great. Join the H+ group if you want yes of course. I forgot that you could even participate without joining it.

I know that most of us dont do it for the points, but what embracing them does is encourage others to join in too. If they see people around earning these points, it will get more people to want them to compete for them, and collect them for their value. If we can get some of the other team members working on this H+ Flash Media section too then it could turn into a friendly competition.

#9 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Added a comment and some likes to pro-longevity comments on the article
Regenerative Biology: Have We Discovered the Fountain of Youth? | Floating University | Big Think plus a few replies to some of those who oppose the idea.
  • like x 2

#10 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Positiely evaluated pro-longevity comments on the article:

Do worms hold the secret of anti-ageing? Scientists increase creepy-crawly's lifespan six-fold by manipulating gene

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1ekg5hCQ7

• like x 1

#11 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for the additions. Every positive comment or rating helps the cause. We offer points for this. Now, whether or not you want the points, could you tell me how many comments like this you would do for x many points? Besides for the point value, we can do it this way to set small goals. That way if you want to meet one goal and then move on to another team, or continue setting goals for this team, you can do that. It also helps to motivate other people to keep up with the team, and to join it.

If you look here: http://www.longecity...rea=items&cat=2 You can see that 500 points is equal to roughly $30, but be aware that those values change and it isnt exact or guaranteed. So if you do want to set a goal like this then my suggestion is something like, I dont know, 5 to 15 posts like you have been doing for 100 points, or something along those lines. I leave it open like this because I think it might work better if the team members set their own goals if they want to. We'll see.

#12 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

To all, if you want a simple, impactful way to volunteer for the cause then go to the H+ Flash Media team in facebook. It is the same concept as the Longecity Internet Networking team here and we are teaming up with them.

You go to the articles and topics that they post there and leave positive comments about indefinite life extension.

Dont put any comments in that H+ Flash Media facebook page itself.

Dont drop links or names of organizations unless it is a natural part of the discussion.

Report here for each one you post (or post them in lump sums here) and then we will give you points.

When we work together to talk about the cause out around the general internet, IT, GETS, THROUGH, TO, PEOPLE. So if you are looking for a way to make a difference, this is one of them.

#13 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

Also, here is a group I started a few years back with slightly over 1,200 members, titled 'Immortality'. Feel free to use it as an outlet to attract more participants to your H+ Flash Media discussions!

http://www.facebook....ups/2445335657/

Additionally, if anyone needs/wants to be made admin for the group, let me know.

Edit: Added link

Edited by Joseph, 16 January 2012 - 06:30 AM.

• like x 1

#14 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Comented on the
Race to serve up artificial chicken for a $1m prize

article :)
  • like x 1

#15 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

liked the science Q and A you tube video and shared it on my facebook
  • like x 1

#16 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

positively evaluated pro longevity goals comments on the article
Stem cells could hold key to 'stopping ageing' say scientists after successful mouse trial
www.dailymail.co.uk
  • like x 1

#17 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

I added at least two items to the H+ Flash Media Team in January and actioned them both.

(as a reminder, we have joined forces with the H+ Flash Media Team. If you want to participate in this potent internet networking team then please consider adding to this H+ section of the team here by commenting on the articles there and then letting us know here so you can collect points for your help.)

#18 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Added a pro-lonmgevity cooment in the discussion of this article plus voted down/up some comments:)

http://www.dailymail...-computers.html
  • like x 1

#19 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

I left a positive comment here:

http://www.telegraph...ube-burger.html

#20 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

I posted pro indefinite life extension comments on these two articles posted there at the H+ Flash media group.

http://www.facebook....KK1LkWXni2JPLcQ

http://www.facebook....Je-iJ24su23NSuQ

(remember all, the internet networking team here is teaming up with the H+ flash media team there, which is essentially the same thing. I think we'll even phase the other sections of the internet networking team, here at Longecity, out for now.)

#21 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

I left a pro Transhuman comment and "liked" other pro Transhuman comments here: http://www.facebook....CF2UbgI-CuHNDsA

#22 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Vote and comment here to up the chances that politicians will pay attention to this "war on aging" entry submitted by the Coalition to Extend Life.

http://questions.sci...-a-war-on-aging-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: H+, flash media, spreading the meme, outreach, indefinite life extension

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users