• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Cortisol Decreasing Stack

cortisol acetyl l-carnitine vitamin c l-glutamine phosphatidylserine workout athlete stress

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 #1hit

• 153 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

I've decided to tailor my current stack to combat cortisol. I've made this decision because I do a lot of stressful things i.e. commute to school five days a week, do p90x, work, etc, and have abnormally high baseline levels of anxiety. I don't want high cortisol to eat away at my gains by exerting its catabolic effects on my muscles or causing brain damage over time. It's also worth noting that I don't plan on relying on these, I have started to take measures to reduce stress such as meditating for at least 15 minutes a day, cooling down after 8-9 at night, and not procrastinating. So this is what I have so far:

Mainstays
Multivitamin
Fish Oil Capsules

Cortisol Reducing Supps
2 grams vitamin c
2 grams l-glutamine (post workout)
Plan on adding acetyl l-carnitine

Is this stack off to a good start, first of all, for reducing cortisol? And also, what other supplements could be added that lower excessive levels of cortisol but don't drop it below normal levels? thank you.

#2 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

Look into phosphatidylserine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 #1hit

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

I actually have taken it before and it helps a ton with just about everything, from coordination to visual thinking to slashing stress, but its cost is very prohibitive. It's one of the most expensive nootropics i've ever dabbled with. Do you know if it can be bought in a bulk, powder form at a discount?

#4 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

Look into Relora, Schizandra, Cordyceps, Rhodiola, Muira Puama, Tong kat ali (longjack), Tribulus

#5 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

beyond a century has it in powder form but it is still pretty pricy

I actually have taken it before and it helps a ton with just about everything, from coordination to visual thinking to slashing stress, but its cost is very prohibitive. It's one of the most expensive nootropics i've ever dabbled with. Do you know if it can be bought in a bulk, powder form at a discount?

#6 What'sAllThisThen

• 101 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

beyond a century has it in powder form but it is still pretty pricy

Another source would be Primordial Perfomance's EndoAmp Max. It can be found at about $55 with 29 servings, BUT each serving has 1600mg of Serinaid, which provides 800mg of Phosphatidylserine. So you could reduce serving size if you don't need that much. So that's about 0.237 cents per 100mg of PS, maybe the cheapest I've ever seen it.

That is until health_nutty posted about Beyond A Century's bulk powder, which would be 0.235 cents per 100mg.

Of course, you have to take shipping into account and shop around. EndoAmp also has 600mg of A-GPC per serving if you care about that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:28 AM

Holy Basil
Ashwagandha
Lithium
Exercise
Low dose Lexapro
Low dose Zoloft

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cortisol, acetyl l-carnitine, vitamin c, l-glutamine, phosphatidylserine, workout, athlete, stress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users