Short acting stimulant

short acting stimulant

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 happles

• 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hi guys,

I've been doing some research recently, but I haven't yet come across anything relevant.
What I have in mind is basically a stimulant that would last for a short time, such as one, perhaps two hours.
I just think it would be a really flexible aid, as it wouldn't involve the commitment that all the other stimulants I know of involve. For example, I myself can only drink a bit of green tea in the early morning, as even small amounts of caffeine are very effective for many hours (5+).

And generally, I just don't like being "intoxicated" for very long.. it would be nice if I could come across a substance whose effects I could "use" for only an hour or two, then back to base level -- and if I need it again later that day, I could redose, knowing I would again quickly get back to base levels.

Anyone knows if we (humanity) have discovered anything like this so far? :)

Thanks.

#2 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

This is sort of like the unholy grail - short half life generally creates tolerance rapidly and leads to misery all around... PEA maybe?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Raccoon

• 31 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Nikethiamide has a short half-life. Used by older people (low blood pressure) and for mountain sickness. Should be quite safe.

Novartis advertisement targeting kids with nikethiamide/coramine and snowborder on poster (crazy world we living):

http://www.ignoranz....fixt-kinder-an/
http://www.videoport...3f-1281f8a40f0a

Edited by Raccoon, 28 November 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#4 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

Sounds like selegiline and PEA is what your looking for, not recommend if your looking for a normal long acting stimulant.

#5 Healthy Tony

• 112 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

This is sort of like the unholy grail - short half life generally creates tolerance rapidly and leads to misery all around... PEA maybe?

I was not aware of this tolerance implication. Do you have any studies demonstrating this? And perhaps coca tea might help the OP. Its not a great long term solution, but I don't think any stimulant is.

#6 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Nicotine?
  • like x 1

#7 Healthy Tony

• 112 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Nicotine?

Nicotine is longer acting than you might think. I sometimes can't sleep four hours after smoking.

#8 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Amyl nitrate is another one and its effect lasts a few minutes by itself. It works by generating Nitric Oxide and causing blood vessels to dilate. Might last a little longer in combo with something like rhodiola.

#9 Want_more_hair

• 23 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

I second nicotine (gum).

#10 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

Ugh, I have hear periodic nicotine suggestions from users on the forum, so I caved and picked up a box of Nicoderm. Synopsis: My work day consisted of me feeling queasy, more queasy, even more queasy .. and then shortly after puking all over my office space. It was very hard to explain to my manager. Needless to say, I decided to stick with espresso (since there's so many varieties. cappuccinos, lattes, breves..) from here on out. I think my body automatically rejected the nicotine as poison since i've never smoked, and attempted to get rid of it as early as possible.

But to make a long story short: i've been on a similar quest, and coffee variations have been my solution- with a ginseng pill on the side. If anyone else has any suggestions i'm very interested to hear as well.

#11 happles

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:50 PM

Bump? Any new discoveries in this area?

#12 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:50 AM

hi happles, have you tried cocaine?

#13 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:00 PM

Snus is damn good. And of course, methylphenidate.

#14 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:34 PM

rhodiola rosea, cacao 

#15 micro2000

• 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:49 AM

Ugh, I have hear periodic nicotine suggestions from users on the forum, so I caved and picked up a box of Nicoderm. Synopsis: My work day consisted of me feeling queasy, more queasy, even more queasy .. and then shortly after puking all over my office space. It was very hard to explain to my manager. Needless to say, I decided to stick with espresso (since there's so many varieties. cappuccinos, lattes, breves..) from here on out. I think my body automatically rejected the nicotine as poison since i've never smoked, and attempted to get rid of it as early as possible.

But to make a long story short: i've been on a similar quest, and coffee variations have been my solution- with a ginseng pill on the side. If anyone else has any suggestions i'm very interested to hear as well.

Nicoderm patches are by design long acting and levels build over time as it absorbs. I tried a 21mg patch once and the nausea was overwhelming.

Lozenges/gum are easier to tolerate and control.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:13 PM

i was on patches many times. it takes 24 hours to slowly release nicotine. its very uncontrolled and for me personally, i havent felt a single thing from them versus cigs, gums or lozenges which work immediately and you can feel it. dont understand the point of patches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users