thread on "latest technologies" to treat, better brain damage mostly

technology brain damage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

So claims of Hyperbaric oxygen therapy helping with everything abound on the internet, as I personally am trying desperately to fix my terrible terrible brain problems, from a brain injury at birth, to ECT making it worse, and I have rambled on in other threads.

So what do people think of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, for brain damage, or the myriad claims it says it can heal?

I know it can treat divers bends which is what it was originally used for, and Acute CO poisoing.

What about systemic brain damage, claims that increasing blood flow, making new vessels, and the potential for this to increase neurogenesis, is this quackery or is there some truth to it?

I have personally talked to people who said it is doing wonders for them, and their autistic child and so on.

But then again placebo affect is a strong potential here, and anecdotal accounts are weak, as ECT posts show people loving it, but if you talk with them, as I have, they start to realize how much it has harmed rather than helped, as one example illustrating the worst of modern medical claims perhaps.

Than there's LLLT, quote from one person on LDN forums, "low level laser therapy. It is non visable infared light which penetrates deeply into the body (depending upon the wavelength used). I am using it to treat my brain as well as the lyme disease."

Then there's TMS, or using magnets, in the theory that it can help alleviate depression, and now treat birth injuries.

Seems "modern medicine" loves to treat myriad of disorders with the same approach, and that is when people get seriously hurt, not to mention just "bad medicine" which is still the norm, not the exception in this country.

Sorry for poorly written post, my brain is really bad. I was trying to create a thread on technologies used to treat brain damage, brain illness, as this is what so many people complain of at immminst.

#2 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

So I'm trying to brainstorm all the latest techniques in treating brain diseases, we can keep the category broad, but let's try to understand the science behind how they claim magnets, low light therapy, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, really works...if I could reason better I would enjoy doing a thread on this anyway, but it just so happens I need to for my own survival, and others could be interested as well, for their brain problems.

I guess the hope of this thread is to dispell what really has potential for helping healing a battered brain, and what does more harm than good, or just wastes our money. Obviously there's quite a few brain conditions, from dementia, to TBI, to depression, and often they are linked, or morph from one condtion to a worsening condition down the line. That's sort of how brain illnesses seem to work, if you aren't careful to treat underlying mood problems, that can lead down the line to worsening damage, or in my case the treatments themselves can cause the damage, from amalgam poisoning to psyche drugs and treatments that many of us here continue to post their stories, and how to best fix them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

that Medra guy is a scam artist, on the advert above me it says brain damage breakthrough. administrators please take that ad down!

#4 Destiny's Equation

• 276 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

I found this thread a bit late it seems.

How is everything? What did you decide to do? Please let us know!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Hip

• 2,401 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Have a look at the drug metformin. It seems to make brain cells grow:

Diabetes drug metformin makes brain cells grow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users