Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

Epitalon (Split from Astragalus thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1755 replies to this topic

#781 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Dreamer, How did you order it at 98.8% from Genscript? Is this something you arranged over the phone? If so I'll have to call my next order in. Their order form only has up to 98%...

Thanks
  • dislike x 1

#782 Dreamer

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

While the arrangements were made over the phone, including the requirement that purity of the peptide be >98%, it was confirmed with a purchase order.

The purchase specification of >98% was met and exceeded as the peptide tested out at 98.8% by their QC.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#783 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Correction, 8ml is correct as Dreamer stated. I was referencing the old, original vials, before it was changed to allow an amount that would equal a set amount of drops, not quantity.

Thanks for clarifying that, I have placed my order for 50 of them :)) (50 was the smallest amount) Will have 30 spares...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#784 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Did any of folks in the group buy order up a test of their % of short telomeres prior to commencing epitalon?

Now would be a good time... a test providing average telomere length, and % short telomeres, costs $150 at telome.com.
http://www.telome.co...t&product_id=50

Could be an important chance to quantify any improvements in telomere length/ health seen while taking epitalon!

#785 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

But then you admit that at least GenScript can be trusted if their QC/test data validates their product, which by extension, means that any lab in China or elsewhere can be trusted if their QC/test data validates their product.

The fact is that regardless of the location of the supplier, the only way to be certain that you are getting what you paid for is to have a sample of it analyzed by an independent lab you find, hire, and send the sample to yourself, taking the sample from the actual delivered goods.

I have purchased compounds from suppliers in the US, Europe, and China. Some suppliers in each location have provided compounds which did not match their QC data. In some cases compounds which were specified to be over 98% pure were found to be under 50% pure on testing, in other cases an entirely different compound had been supplied.

Genscript does have a good reputation, so it is very likely that the test results they supplied are genuine. But the only way to know for sure is to test it yourself.

My suggestion would be that for future group buys, a small extra quantity be purchased and used for independent laboratory testing before the rest of the buy is distributed to the participants. That way, if the test results do not match the Certificate of Analysis provided by the supplier, they can be contacted and given the opportunity to resolve the issue before the compound is distributed.

#786 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

My suggestion would be that for future group buys, a small extra quantity be purchased and used for independent laboratory testing before the rest of the buy is distributed to the participants. That way, if the test results do not match the Certificate of Analysis provided by the supplier, they can be contacted and given the opportunity to resolve the issue before the compound is distributed.

And do the purchase through a commercial escrow agent who won't release funds to the supplier until an agreed upon independent lab certifies the purity. Like as discussed in this other thread. Probably not practical, however, unless doing a group buy for a substantial quantity.

Howard

#787 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone.

Could anyone tell me how exactly I'd go about getting in on the next group buy?

Also, when is this likely to be? In the event that it won't be for some time, could anyone direct me towards a more convenient source of Epitalon for the near future?

I have found this one so far, although I'm not sure if it is reputable or well priced: http://www.super-nut...nti-aging--H644

Thanks in advance.

#788 Dreamer

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

But then you admit that at least GenScript can be trusted if their QC/test data validates their product, which by extension, means that any lab in China or elsewhere can be trusted if their QC/test data validates their product.

The fact is that regardless of the location of the supplier, the only way to be certain that you are getting what you paid for is to have a sample of it analyzed by an independent lab you find, hire, and send the sample to yourself, taking the sample from the actual delivered goods.

I have purchased compounds from suppliers in the US, Europe, and China. Some suppliers in each location have provided compounds which did not match their QC data. In some cases compounds which were specified to be over 98% pure were found to be under 50% pure on testing, in other cases an entirely different compound had been supplied.

Genscript does have a good reputation, so it is very likely that the test results they supplied are genuine. But the only way to know for sure is to test it yourself.

You are correct, smithx. That is why I decided very early on that we would have the peptide from the Group Buy independently tested upon receipt. The group members were advised of this early on. That testing is in progress at this time.

This is no more than a common sense measure that any prudent person or group would take.

I also did some research on GenScript's reputation before even involving them in the group buy process and found nothing negative.

Of course, there are always those with a negative mindset towards anything they aren't involved in or that have the NIH (Not Invented Here) attitude.

Edited by Dreamer, 11 August 2013 - 06:49 PM.

• dislike x 1

#789 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Sciwalk i was wandering if you have any current pics and/or have you noticed any new improvements in wrinkles of hair regrowth? has the regrowth held? thanks!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#790 sciwalk

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Funny you mentioned that, my wife and I were just talking about my hair last night. I was not bald or really "balding" by any means prior to starting the AEDG, but, I definitely was having some receding at the temples and the crown on the back of my head was getting very thin, sparse. Those are all thoroughly filled in now and my hair over all is much thicker, grows faster.
The gray that was from my temple area to the back of my ears is now just a light dusting near my temples but that last part does not seem to want to go.
Likewise in wrinkles, for the most part my skin is much better, very smooth, soft and supple, but, the big, very deep wrinkles at the corner of my eyes are still slightly visible from certain angles and don't seem to be getting any better. I think this may have a lot to do with me being a ginger with light blue eyes, I squint all the time, sun really bothers me.
Someone has asked me for update and new pictures on my other site so I am preparing some stuff and will post it up there. I will let you know when it is up.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 2

#791 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

Funny you mentioned that, my wife and I were just talking about my hair last night. I was not bald or really "balding" by any means prior to starting the AEDG, but, I definitely was having some receding at the temples and the crown on the back of my head was getting very thin, sparse. Those are all thoroughly filled in now and my hair over all is much thicker, grows faster.
The gray that was from my temple area to the back of my ears is now just a light dusting near my temples but that last part does not seem to want to go.
Likewise in wrinkles, for the most part my skin is much better, very smooth, soft and supple, but, the big, very deep wrinkles at the corner of my eyes are still slightly visible from certain angles and don't seem to be getting any better. I think this may have a lot to do with me being a ginger with light blue eyes, I squint all the time, sun really bothers me.
Someone has asked me for update and new pictures on my other site so I am preparing some stuff and will post it up there. I will let you know when it is up.

Dange! You are just one nice person. Thanks for keeping us posted.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#792 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

This thread is getting seriously derailed. Let's stop the flame war and get back on topic.

And Authentic, If you'd like to continue discussing the perceived issue of conflict of interest feel free to make a new thread in the retailer discussion area.

In an attempt to clean this thread up a bit and get back on topic, most of the off-topic posts have been moved to an alternate thread

Any further posts in this thread, off topic or any mention of "troll", etc will be moved or removed pursuant to the user agreement.

Edited by manic_racetam, 14 August 2013 - 09:59 PM.

• like x 4

#793 Breestyle

• 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Finally - thank you mod!
Now can we please move back your personal experiences, data and links - group buy or independent?
I for one, greatly appreciate all those who are sharing (sources, dosing, mixing, delivery methods, reactions, etc) and I'm learning an tremendous amount. I hope going forward (with moderators actively following) that you will not be "reluctant to post" (as Dreamer mentioned above).

I did not participate in the first group buy but very interested in the next one.
  • like x 4

#794 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

I started my second 50mg vial today. 26 drops of wine to 24 drops boiled water. No apparent effects from 2mg dosages a day for 2 1/2 weeks but my first 50 mg were severely dilluted. I'm hoping to get more out of 2 drops a day instead of 1ml...
  • dislike x 1

#795 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

Reconstituted my 3rd 100mg vial last night. After the third day of 3mg/day, increased dosage to 15mg/day. No effects to report. All using sub-q delivery.

#796 Dreamer

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

Wow. That's a heavy s q dose.

Nothing to report? Sleep? Dreams? Nothing?
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#797 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

No, nothing. I generally don't remember my dreams and that hasn't changed. Sleep- still not getting as much as I want.

#798 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

I take maletonin and triptophane at nite so I sleep pretty hard to begin with. I have changed my sleeping pattern and go to bed and get up earlier. I don't know if it is because of the Epitalion or the change in my sleep but I have one or two memorable dreams a nite. For a while I could not remember my dreams but lately I can remember at least one every morning.
  • dislike x 1

#799 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Can someone please help me? I have been contacting a few peptide manufactures and they have all said that they only sell to companies. I made a website and am saying that I am a research company now but some manufactures state that there products are for in vitro purposes only. How do I go about ordering vials that have been prepair for safe injection on my lab rats. Is there special terminology?
  • like x 1

#800 Authentic

• 97 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Your rats and your study need a very high quality peptide for injection. What you are asking is that the peptide synthesis company downsample the peptide into 2mg or 5mg vials depending on what your study needs. I think in Khavinsons it was 2mg. The peptide should be 98% purity or better and be sure they provide supporting documentation. I would be weary of anyone on this forum who PMs you and tries to sell you peptides. By going truly independent you are allowing your experiments to be "un-jaded" if that's a word ;)

Ask the synthesis company if they are producing the peptide in-house. Personally I avoid any peptides produced by Chinese factories especially when injection is considered. The lab will charge you extra to downsample into 2mg/5mg vials but it's normally a very small charge.

Have you read the C60 threads? They give a lot of very good guidelines relating to laboratory rats and conducting studies. C60 is a very promising compound and a lot easier to obtain and study than Epitalon.

*Some labs are not able to stabilize Epitalon without adding mannitol to stabilize the shape of the peptide. I not know how that affects the results.
  • dislike x 1

#801 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

I personally would avoid injecting anything without the consultation of a physician but that's just me.
  • dislike x 1

#802 Jule

• 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hello!
I have also been reading the posts here and are on my path to longevity. Previously only with diet, exercise yoga, meditation which goes along long way towards anti aging, drinkng plenty of water and basic supplements like Q10, fish oil and resveratrol.

Today my Epitalon arrived and I have taken the first does of 3mg and I have also ordered C60 from the Vaughtner site and will be trialing them both together very soon.
I would like to know from the experienced people on here about others who are trialing both epitalon+c60 and there recommendations?
Like taking both daily and the dosage of both for a female 60kg? Also about giving a break of one and why? How long to use both together? Like I said I have been trying to follow the posts on here and what they are doing but there's alot of different info...So just thought I'd ask? Especially if your girlfriend's or wife's have been taking it and their benefits. Dosages they are on for success and I know everyone is different...
I am late 40's ( I don't take on board an actual age number for the psychological mind programming that comes with it and also what society places on age.) I do look youthful however my eyesight has deteriorated, body aches and pain from age are taking away from life enjoyment. So I am hoping that these two combined supplements will be able to work their magic on me. And some skin tightening wouldn't go astray.

I have only purchased a small amount of Epitalon from Bioluma to get me started as it's so expensive from them. I would like to part take in the next group buy if there was going to be one....I understand many have purchased just recently in June/July with the first group buy and a probably stocked up but if there was another one happening soon, I am definately in... Or is anyone over stocked?

#803 randomname

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

I am having trouble taking this sublingually. I have the epitalon dissolved in bacteriostatic water. I usually put 1ml under my tongue but it doesnt disappear like sublingual tablets do, so I usually just swallow it after 5 minutes.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong?

Edited by randomname, 24 August 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#804 Authentic

• 97 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Normally Sublingual means to place under the tongue. With liquid solutions its harder than using a pill. Have a look at these links, they might explain your issue;

http://www.wikihow.c...gual-Medication

http://www.healthlin...-administration

I searched online for how to self administer liquids sublingual and found a long writeup on another forum;

http://www.nextfitne...p?showtopic=186

It says you have to keep the liquid in your mouth, under your tongue for 10-15 minutes without swallowing. That might be tough.
  • dislike x 1

#805 randomname

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thanks.

I've tried that before while laying in bed. Some saliva would form and after 10-15 minutes it still wouldnt be all absorbed.

I'll try it while sitting next time & time the 15 minutes to be sure.

#806 randomname

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

A few pages back someone mentioned:

"Six drops is about the max I can hold under my tongue after I clear my mouth of any saliva then placing the drops under my tongue. It seems to be all gone in 2 to 3 minutes, nothing left. So that's what I do. YMMV."

I guess I will try splitting it into 2x a .5ml dosage.

#807 Dreamer

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

A few pages back someone mentioned:

"Six drops is about the max I can hold under my tongue after I clear my mouth of any saliva then placing the drops under my tongue. It seems to be all gone in 2 to 3 minutes, nothing left. So that's what I do. YMMV."

I guess I will try splitting it into 2x a .5ml dosage.

I believe I wrote that.

If I get too much under my tongue, it seems to promote saliva formation and then I lose all control of the liquids including under my tongue and have to swallow.

I measured the drops (the size drops I use) in .5ml and it came out to about 12 drops.

You may want to cut that back to .25ml under the tongue at a time if you find you cannot handle .5ml.

Another aid would be to reduce the amount of water used to reconstitute the peptide.

I get about 1mg peptide per 4 drops of mixture, so 12 drops for me is about 3mg peptide.

#808 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

I don't remember the details, but absorption in the mouth occurs not only under the tongue but in other buccal membranes in the mouth ,such as in the cheeks.

So putting it under the tongue shouldn't be so worrisome.

It's keeping it in the mouth, so that it is also absorbed through the various buccal membranes in the cheeks, etc..that is important.
  • like x 2

#809 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

My second batch is down to 1mg per drop. Two drops under the tongue is easy to do. After about 10-15 minutes the saliva begins to swell under my tongue. I then move the fluids between my teeth and gums and keep it there as long as I can before swallowing it all...
  • dislike x 1

#810 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

My 5mg dose consists to 2 drops under the tongue. When the saliva starts forming and I get an urge to swallow, I start swirling my tongue over my teeth to spread it around and kick in some buccal delivery. Not sure if that is as effective as total sub lingual delivery but I'm sure its better than swallowing.

Howard

Edited by hav, 25 August 2013 - 06:57 PM.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users