Photo
* * * * * 28 votes

TREATING ANXIETY SAFELY & EFFECTIVELY

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

#751 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:35 AM

Anybody agree or have any info supporting that short acting NMDA antagonists like magnesium may be bad since they further sensitize the receptors after they wear off?

One mechanism I can think of that will definitely help if your theory is correct is NMDA antagonism. You should probably avoid the short acting ones such as ketamine, magnesium etc. since they further sensitize the receptors after they wear off. Since magnesium helped a little bit it indicates it is indeed related to overexcitation. Memantine is perfect in this situation, I recommend finding some ASAP. In the meantime it may be worth taking some GABA agonists, to generally subdue the overexcitation until the above solution can be implemented. Do you have any phenibut, benzodiazepines or anything similar? Try a little and see if it helps, if so continue to take enough until your symptoms subside substantially. Also, do you meditate? It may seem silly but it has been shown to increase GABA levels in the brain, inhibiting neuronal firing somewhat. If you're not proficient don't bother. Staying calm generally will also help, do some things that relax you, nothing emotionally stressful. I hope you're okay man, keep us updated...

Interesting, any references? 

#752 wubwub

• 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:59 AM

Great thread!  After experiencing just two days of Phenibut use causing a huge increase in my anxiety, I'm motivated to use more sustainable methods of addressing my anxiety.

Some other herbs used for anxiety are Mulungu, Motherwort, Galphimia glauca, Milky Oats, Lavender, Catnip, Holy Basil.  I know that there is little research on some of these but maybe some can be worked into this list. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#753 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:20 AM

Great thread? telling ppl to stay away from certain stuff which may be the only thing that helps them and is stupid and irresponsible advice, also he says to avoid all gabaergic supplements which is total bullshit, mr scienceguy thinks treatment resistance is no issue and everyone would respond to the same limited options,

if that was true we would have cured mental illness.

objective information should be provided about the risks and downsides while leaving all the options open as people need differened things, he also spreads bullshit becapa upregulates gaba while all it does is normaise some changes which happen when you turn epileptic.

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#754 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:41 AM

I have been unable to treat my anxiety sustainably. The only medications that work are either GABAergic or "antiglutamatergic", to which I build tolerance fast, hence my nickname. However check out this thread on a new compound, which may be sustainable.

#755 Kryzpo

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

HELLO ALL, 

I see CAFFEINE in the 'bad products' and THEANINE in the 'good products'

SO WHAT'S HAPPENDS with the combo CAFFEINE + THEANINE? is bad or good? 

Have a nice day!

#756 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:26 PM

I love caffeine- my favorite drug, but theanine never did anything for me.

#757 Kryzpo

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

Do you have anxiety?

• Disagree x 1

#758 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:13 PM

Do you have anxiety?

Not infrequently, unfortunately!

#759 vapaatyyli

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

I have to say that vaping skullcap have been most effective anti-anxiety thing I have ever done, I can see why some say it works a bit like bentso. It not only relaxes your mind but the whole body aswell. Other than that I have used theaine - avena sativa - cratagaeus combo which is ok combo too, not bad but not super effective. Most of those "safe and effective" stuff scienceguy is talking, isnt really doing much.

"
effects of the different types. this is the main three:
1. Scutellaria lateriflora (weak, dont expect much)
2. Scutellaria galericulata (supposed to be as good as bud)
3. Scutellaria nana (supposed to be as good as HIGH QUALITY bud)

Scullcap is a very powerful medicinal herb. It has been used for thousands of years to treat various ailments. It was historically used by the Northern America Indians for relieving anxiety, insomnia, neuralgia, to reduce childbirth pain and as a recipe for treating rabies. In China, it was traditionally used to treat high blood pressure, cold, fevers, hypertension, headache, vomiting of blood, intestinal inflammation, expelling afterbirths among other conditions. It is still being used to date as a relief from these conditions.

In modern medicine it has been shown that the scullcap has the ability to inhibit viruses and bacteria, lower the level of blood pressure in the body (by dilating blood vessels) and lower fever. Scientific research has also shown that this plant is useful in treating many mental disorders. A wide range of nervous conditions such as epilepsy, hysteria, anxiety stress, withdrawal from tranquilisers and barbiturates etc. can be treated using the skullcap. This herb can also be infused to treat throat infections, headaches, coughing and to induce sleep. It is also used to promote menstruation. The scullcap is used in the treatment of addictions of harmful drugs such as alcohol, tobacco, cannabis sativa and cocaine among others.

Scullcap is available in the market in many dried forms. It is sold in the form of capsules, teas, tablets and tinctures.
http://www.smokableherbs.com/scullcap/

]Skullcap, Scutellaria sp.:

Skullcap is a very good calming herb to smoke. I find that the commercially available Scutellaria lateriflora is not very strong as a smoke. Almost all commercially available Skullcap is too dry and stemmy to make a good smoke. The Scutellaria galericulata the more common plant found growing wild in the United States is much stronger. It is roughly equivalent in strength to good Marijuana leaf or bud shake. It works in almost all cases. The nice green leaf is easy to roll and blends well with many smoking mixtures. It is one of my standard smoking ingredients.
http://botanicalstud...-herbs-calming/

#760 nascent

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

Am I incorrect in thinking transdermal magnesium supplementation (epsom salt baths) is controversial? I mean to say is it proven to penetrate the skin?

Edited by nascent, 08 December 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#761 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

Yes it is controversial, there are a few posts on this forum claiming zero skin penetration. It's cheap enough though so it can be tested if you are still curious.

#762 nascent

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

Yes it is controversial, there are a few posts on this forum claiming zero skin penetration. It's cheap enough though so it can be tested if you are still curious.

It seems bizarre that there are no proper studies for something so commonly practiced.

#763 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hi there!

Thanks for this godlike first post of yours ScienceGuy!

Wow. Unbelievable. Very very thankful!

Case: Taking supplements to reduce anxiety for special social situations (Length of 2-6 hours)

My situation:

Have no problems with general anxiety or too much anxiety in social situations.

But I have very strong anxiety approaching women I don’t know I am talking to them (of course that’s normal).

Anyway these situations are why I am interested in what I could take to reduce anxiety.

This is stuff I would like to take only eg once every 2 weeks, when I go out specifically to approach.

[so far read only the original posts and not the 26 pages that followed, will start doing that)

Now I am wondering:

- Great Stuff singling out Gaba Receptor Agonists that lead to building tolerace, rebound and withdrawal in prolonged use

-> but this does say nothing against the rest of the stuff (that are Gaba receptor agonists) if I take it only in a way that does not build tolerance -> eg Phenibut every 2 weeks. Does it?

I guess you kinda already wrote that in your post.

(And I guess these substances that you should eg take only once every 2 weeks are often more powerful? )

I have strong confidence in my discipline.

- Now there are these like a lot of substances, I am unsure how to start

1. Buy all and take all?

2. Choose one supplement out of each ‘mechanism of action’-category?

Categories:

These only for special occasions, eg every 2 weeks:

a. Gaba receptor agonists

b. Gaba uptake inhibitors

c. Cannabiodiol oil (? it’s own category?)

+ The recommended: (they all seem to have different ‘mechanism of action’ categories – but the ones where I write ‘or’ in between)

Garum Armoricum (Brands: Stabilium, Adapton) (out of fish, precursor to endorphins)

Magnesium (4-6gramms magnesium malate orally; NMDA receptor antagonist)

Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) (upregulates gaba)

or

L-Theanine (upregulates gaba, glutamate receptor antagonist, enhances ahlpha wave production)

Rhodiola Rosea (lowers cortisol; don’t take too high doses, this can raise anxiety)

or

Relora (Magnolia Officinalis, Phellodendron Amurense; also cortisol reduction; some have side effect of sedation)

Low dose Naltrexone

Perhaps:

Afabazole (sigma and melatonin receptor agonist; mao-a inhibition)

Tianeptine (selective serotonin reuptake enhancer, serotonin reuptake inhibitor, modulating glutamatergic neurotransmission)

or

Escitalopram (5mg, best selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor)

or

Myo-Inositol (upregulates serotonin; less good for acute anxiety; side effects may include anxiety)

Pirecetam (9.8-24g daily dosage)

or

Aniracetam

Propranolol (non-selective beta blocker – blocks epinephrine and noradrenaline)

Clonidine

-> these all have pretty different mechanisms of actions, do they?

How to go about it. Take them all? I guess. (And then if I am too calm, reduce and see what I can live without).

Other question:

If I ‘need’ anti-anxiety only on certain days (actually in certain 3-6 hour windows), then it would be cost-efficient for me to take all the supplements only on the day where I need it, wouldn’t it?

(Now there is a whole other question of how long to take it before, and how long something lasts)

Thanks a loooot for comments

#764 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

I'd go with Propanolol and Escitalopram - they have the most studies behind them, and are known entities.

Just remember though, Propanolol is only viable to work as a way of cancelling activity out of the Amygdala if you hit the RIGHT DOSE - otherwise it probably won't affect anxiety. I don't know if I can find the formula I worked out for you (it's painful to search for it... my SCT causes emotional pain if I do that) but what I can recall is that for a human weighing in at 60 kilos, then 20 mg Propanolol should be about the right dosage to calm excessive emotionality.

I recommend that you check the links on how to convert dosages between man and rat, so you get the exact dosage precisely right.

References:

----------------------

Dose-sensitive excitation and inhibition of spontaneous amygdala activity by propranolol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11420072

A simple practice guide for dose conversion between animals and human

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4804402/

EDIT:

Now I recall... I don't recommend Escitalopram for anxiety - I recommend DULOXETINE! : D Because the evidence is stronger for SNRI's for all sorts of anxiety-disorders.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 13 August 2017 - 01:24 PM.

#765 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Cool, thanks.

Now gotta see where to get that.

perhaps i ask my psychiatrist about it

Gotta say her i am afraid of holding speech in public i guess.. that's bad cause i do that for a living, give guided tours.

ps pm is always good

----

A List of substances against anxiety, from my notes

Gaba receptor agonists:

(Downregulates gaba receptors, does build tolerances, only take them with pauses (each substance has it’s own pause you take so that all tolerance is reset on next use))

Benzodiazepines

Nonbenzodiazepines

Valerian Officinalis

Kava Kava (Piper methysticum)

Phenibut

Picamilon

Gaba

Gotu Kola  (Centella asiatica)

Taurine

Winter cherry (ashwagandha; withania somnifera)

California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica)

Skullcap (Scutellaria Lateriflora)

Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla)

Alcohol

GHB / GBL

Nefiracetam

Gaba reuptake inhibitors:

(Downregulates also gaba receptors, does also build tolerance, only take them with pauses (each substance has it’s own pause you take so that all tolerance is reset on next use))

Passion flower (Passiflora incarnate)

Tiagabine (Brand name: Gabitril)

Special category: (?) I guess also only

Cbd Cannabidiol Öl

Recommended Anxiolytics:

Garum Armoricum (Brands: Stabilium, Adapton) (out of fish, precursor to endorphins)

or

L-Theanine (upregulates gaba, glutamate receptor antagonist, enhances ahlpha wave production)

Rhodiola Rosea (lowers cortisol; don’t take too high doses, this can raise anxiety)

or

Relora (Magnolia Officinalis, Phellodendron Amurense; also cortisol reduction; some have side effect of sedation)

Low dose Naltrexone

Perhaps:

Tianeptine (selective serotonin reuptake enhancer, serotonin reuptake inhibitor, modulating glutamatergic neurotransmission)

or

or

Myo-Inositol (upregulates serotonin; less good for acute anxiety; side effects may include anxiety)

Pirecetam (4.8 daily dosage)

or

Aniracetam

Clonidine

AVOID THESE could give anxiety:

Coffeine

THC marihuana

Lemon Balm (Melissa Officinalis)

Hops (Humulus Lupulus)

Niacinamide / Nicotinamide

Also don’t take: Opioid receptor agonists: Don’t take them

(Downregulates opioid receptors, does also build tolerance, only take them with pauses (each substance has it’s own pause you take so that all tolerance is reset on next use))

Morphine, Coedein, Heroin, Oxycodone, Tramadol

REST of stuff I read or heard about somewhere, they should be ordered in into mechanisms of action or if they are even helpful:

Motherwort

Lavender

L-Lysine

L-Glubtamine

N-acetylcysteine

Phenethylamine

L-Trypthophan

Sam-e

Choline

Yerba Mate

Panax Ginseng

DL-Phenylalanine

Seredyn

L-Tyrosine

Chamomile

5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan)

St. John’s Wort

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Folate

Gingko Biloba

Lion’s mane mushroom

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B12

Noopept

Phosphytidyl Serine (lower cortisol)

Sulbutiamine (perhaps confidence)

Buspirone (perhaps horny, perhaps decreases anxiety)

olive oil (6hours before; perhaps increases luteinizing hormone and testosterone)

PES erase (perhaps lowers your cortisol and estrogen)

Schizandra

Random questions:

So Afabazole is a melatonin receptor agonist -> this means it is like I take melatonin?  (while antagonist means the thing prevents my body uptaking melatonin)Sorry for being total newb.  (I take melatonin before sleep)

Edited by CalmContact, 15 August 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#766 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Hi there!

Thanks for this godlike first post of yours ScienceGuy!
Wow. Unbelievable. Very very thankful!

Case: Taking supplements to reduce anxiety for special social situations (Length of 2-6 hours)

My situation:
Have no problems with general anxiety or too much anxiety in social situations.
But I have very strong anxiety approaching women I don’t know I am talking to them (of course that’s normal).
Anyway these situations are why I am interested in what I could take to reduce anxiety.
This is stuff I would like to take only eg once every 2 weeks, when I go out specifically to approach.
[so far read only the original posts and not the 26 pages that followed, will start doing that)

Now I am wondering:
- Great Stuff singling out Gaba Receptor Agonists that lead to building tolerace, rebound and withdrawal in prolonged use
-> but this does say nothing against the rest of the stuff (that are Gaba receptor agonists) if I take it only in a way that does not build tolerance -> eg Phenibut every 2 weeks. Does it?
I guess you kinda already wrote that in your post.
(And I guess these substances that you should eg take only once every 2 weeks are often more powerful? )
I have strong confidence in my discipline.

- Now there are these like a lot of substances, I am unsure how to start
1. Buy all and take all?
2. Choose one supplement out of each ‘mechanism of action’-category?
Categories:
These only for special occasions, eg every 2 weeks:
a. Gaba receptor agonists
b. Gaba uptake inhibitors
c. Cannabiodiol oil (? it’s own category?)

+ The recommended: (they all seem to have different ‘mechanism of action’ categories – but the ones where I write ‘or’ in between)

or

or

Low dose Naltrexone

Perhaps:

or
or

Pirecetam (9.8-24g daily dosage)
or
Aniracetam

Clonidine

-> these all have pretty different mechanisms of actions, do they?
How to go about it. Take them all? I guess. (And then if I am too calm, reduce and see what I can live without).

Other question:
If I ‘need’ anti-anxiety only on certain days (actually in certain 3-6 hour windows), then it would be cost-efficient for me to take all the supplements only on the day where I need it, wouldn’t it?
(Now there is a whole other question of how long to take it before, and how long something lasts)

Thanks a loooot for comments

my experience:

B6 was helpful for SA for me in high doses. Warning: May cause (usually reversible) neuropathy when taken for a long time.

CBD is was also helpful.
  • like x 1

#767 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

Cool!

How much B6 did you take?

Do you have to take it daily or does it also work x hours before the event?

Also same question with CBD Cannabiodiol

#768 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

Cool!
How much B6 did you take?
Do you have to take it daily or does it also work x hours before the event?
Also same question with CBD Cannabiodiol

100mg I think but 50mg would probably have worked too. It works rather rapidly, I noticed effects(better mood, falling asleep easily) within 1 hour of taking it. Not sure how long it would take for SA.

It was more of an accidental discovery. I don't have massive social anxiety so that I can't leave the house like some people. It is more of an shyness, nervousness around people and avoiding eye contact.

That being said B6 would improve that. I looked up the effect on the internet and found many others had reported the same.

CBD oil was the same. I took some, I don't know about dosage, standard dosage I guess, under the tongue and let it dissolve in my mouth and noticed an effect on mood in less than 30 minutes.

I don't how long it takes for full effect, maybe several days. I didn't take it for SA but within a few days I noticed that I was much calmer and relaxed when around people. The same easy-going relaxation that you get from smoking weed but without the paranoia and anxiety that can result from it.
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#769 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

Thanks!

My plan: / Going through all the stuff

Only every 2 weeks:

Gaba receptor Agonist: Ashwagandha (2500mg)

Gaba reuptake inhibitor: Passion flower (Passiflora incarnate) (400mg)

Every time I want to take it:

[[Cbd Cannabidiol Oil: works after 30min (400mg; [[3 drops?]]; start with 40mg) -> Edit: no, it’s superpricey – 20euros per dose?! See down

Magnesium (4-6gramms magnesium malate orally; NMDA receptor antagonist) -> I have citrate already lying around, so I will take that for now, 4 grams

[[[or L-Theanine (upregulates gaba, glutamate receptor antagonist, enhances ahlpha wave production)

Rhodiola Rosea (lowers cortisol; don’t take too high doses, this can raise anxiety) – 100-600mg

[[or Relora (Magnolia Officinalis, Phellodendron Amurense; also cortisol reduction; some have side effect of sedation)

[[Low dose Naltrexone -> no, because hard to get (prescription)

[[Afabazole (sigma and melatonin receptor agonist; mao-a inhibition) -> no, because hard to get (prescription)

[[Tianeptine (selective serotonin reuptake enhancer, serotonin reuptake inhibitor, modulating glutamatergic neurotransmission) -> no, hard to get (prescription)

[[or Escitalopram (5mg, best selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) -> no, hard to get (prescription)

[[or Myo-Inositol (upregulates serotonin; less good for acute anxiety; side effects may include anxiety) (6-18g daily); pricey, about 1 euro per intake

[[Pirecetam (4.8 daily dosage) -> no, because needs prescription

[[or Aniracetam

-> I guess both with Cholin

[[Propranolol (non-selective beta blocker – blocks epinephrine and noradrenaline)

[[Clonidine -> no, because needs prescription

[[Garum Armoricum (Brands: Stabilium, Adapton) (out of fish, precursor to endorphins) - No good sources, well, 1 euro per intake.. I guess I could afford, but try the other stuff first

Next / Questions:

- I plan to take:

(1 hour before anxiety-making event; only every 2 weeks)

Ashvaganda 2500mg

Passion flower 400mg

Magnesium 4000mg

Brahm Bacopa monnieri 600mg

Rhodiola Rosea 100-600mg

Vitamin B6 50mg (should work good with magnesium)

(I am 60kg = 130lbs)

Do you think they are safe to take together? I read just a bit about each substance, so far nothing sprang to eye that warned of anything, so I guess no. Another question for me how it works with PDE-5-Blockers like Viagra.  

[perhaps in future: (bad sources, high price)

Cannabidiol oil

Garum Armoricum

Myo-Inositol

Also I will try to get Propranolol.

- Find right/good doses

How do you proceed to research if you want to find out the dose of a substance – just google ‚xx (substance) dose‘?

The above is just the first things I read.

- Find tolerance-times of Ashvaganda and passion flower

Also find out how often only I should take it to get full effect every time (= so it does not build tolerance; the time it takes to lose all the tolerance that I built up taking it one time)

- How to test:

- Start with all together, see if they all together even have an effect

- Or start with one substance and dose it up till it works. Then  stop taking it and start with other substance and dose up till it works or is not reasonable anymore. Then do this with each. Consider cost and effectiveness and probably combine products and see how this works.

- I guess I will first start with ‘all together’, to see maximum effect, I guess the substances listed are not too strong

And then try the substances alone. Long term I should only ‘take as much as I need’, something like that.

- Cannabidiol – pretty pricey?

They sell stuff like this on amazon, but in a whole bottle for 30 euros, there are only 500mg! Now in the studies, they consumed eg 400mg alone in one day! So.. I guess Cannabidiol is just extremely pricey?

https://www.amazon.d...rds=cannabidiol

-

“In Combination With Other Sedatives Passion flower should be taken as a sedative by itself or not at all. Taking more than one sedative at a time runs the risk of slowing motor and mental functions more than is considered healthy.”

-> I want to take it with all the stuff above – you think this is ok?

http://www.calmclini.../passion-flower

Other ideas:

- microdosing Psilocybin

- microdosing lsd

#770 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

Today i took:

Ashvaganda 2500mg

Magnesium 4000mg

(and: Ginseng 0,6g

Omega 3

folsäure 1 tabl

zink 25mg)

Then i went out for 2 hours trying to approach women. 

I did not feel any difference. Hardly spoke to one, only old persons.

The thing is, i don't even feel fear also without supplement - I mean there is no heart-beating - i just don't approach.

Or if i ask an old person something i have no fear, still i need somehow 15sec to overcome 'resistance' or something.

I have to experiment more and solve this puzzle.

I guess i have to get myself to do stuff that gets my heart pumping. I'll see.

#771 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

Has anyone tried this US genetic test Genecept Assay by Genomind for finding out the best treatment for general anxiety disorder or other psychiatric condition?

According to their site they test for the following 13 genes for various psychiatric conditions:

https://genomind.com/genes-analyzed/

It seems a limited number of genes compared to the number you can get by taking the 23andme.com genetic test.

However I wonder whether they analyze in more details specific SNPs associated with psychiatric conditions in comparison to 23andme.com; in a nutshell less number of genes but deeper coverage of the refSNP associated with those genes. They do not seem to disclose the analyzed SNPs.

Anyone has any experience with this type of genetic test?

If interested Malacards list a number of genes possibly associated with GAD at:

http://www.malacards...r#related_genes

No gene seems, at this stage of research, highly correlated with GAD in comparison to other medical conditions listed in malacards which have genes with scores way above 100.

HTR1A for example has a score 45.78 which does not seem very high.

Lastly, I recently tried Kava (Thompson's One-A-Day Kava 3800) and found it amazing. Total calmness with  no side effects other than constipation and urge to pee (due to its diuretic effect).

My next research will focus on whether the mechanism of action of Kava , which Examine list as one of the best anti anxiety supplement, has an impact on one or more genes associated with GAD and listed by Malacards.

I also will look into Buspirone which is a HTR1A partial agonist.

If you want to try Kava, I highly recommend it, make sure to choose the extract of the roots only which are not as toxic as the leaves and hard on the liver. A reputable brand is also recommended for quality and consistency.

I look forward to the results of this interesting clinical trial of Kava as a treatment for anxiety (University of Melbourne):

Kava for the Treatment of Generalised Anxiety Disorder: A Double-Blind Randomised Placebo-Controlled Trial (KGAD)

They use a daily dosage of 240mg of kavalactones per day which corresponds to 4 Thompson tablets (each containing 60mg kavalactones). Thompson, however recommends one tablet per day only which is working fine for me except the constipation issue. 

#772 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

Today i took:

Ashvaganda 2500mg

Magnesium 4000mg

(and: Ginseng 0,6g

Omega 3

folsäure 1 tabl

zink 25mg)

Then i went out for 2 hours trying to approach women. 

I did not feel any difference. Hardly spoke to one, only old persons.

The thing is, i don't even feel fear also without supplement - I mean there is no heart-beating - i just don't approach.

Or if i ask an old person something i have no fear, still i need somehow 15sec to overcome 'resistance' or something.

I have to experiment more and solve this puzzle.

I guess i have to get myself to do stuff that gets my heart pumping. I'll see.

Hi, if you think you have social phobia or anxiety you might consider to do a genetic test with 23andme.com and research about the genetic mutations associated with social phobia:

Social Phobia - Malacards

http://www.malacards...nxiety disorder

Also you might read these resources:

Examine

https://examine.com/...social-anxiety/

https://examine.com/topics/anxiety/

Selfhacked

https://selfhacked.c...tments-anxiety/

See also my post above about Kava. It works very well for my GAD. Not sure about social anxiety thought.

Propranolol is used for stage anxiety and it may work well for you.

You can buy Naltrexone, as well as many other medications at cheap prices (I bought many times from them), at All Day Chemist (Indian pharmacy that does not require prescriptions)

https://www.alldaych...om/naltima.html

Up to today the Australian Customs has never stopped any of my packages coming from All Day Chemist but I cannot say the same of other countries, so I would try with a small sample first. I would not use direct credit card payment just for safety reasons. A pre-paid credit card or bank transfer is better.

Edited by world33, 24 October 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#773 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hi!

Thanks

I got Trazodon-Hydrochloride from my psychiatrist, 'for sleep'. I read it's an antidepresent. I have a bit problems with sleep, but not tooo much. So, gonna look up possible bad effects. So far i read nothing big. Guess i am gonna try it.

Does anyone know about this?

ps i took

20uq lsd

50mg b6

1200mg passion flower

600mg rosenwurz ((rosenwurz 200mg pro kapsel; 100-600mg empfohlen)

4000mg magnesium

600mg Brahm Bacopa monnieri

2400mg ashvagandha

50mg htp

3000mg baldrian

500mg phenibut

when going out. I was happier than normal, but still too hesitant to talk to women.

Edited by CalmContact, 16 November 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#774 Hannes2

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

Trazodone is a decent sleep med, especially as it does not act on the GABA receptor like the z-drugs. I take it for Parnate induced insomnia. Some don't tolerate its metabolite meta-Chlorophenylpiperazine, which acts on a whole zoo of serotonin receptors.

Edited by Hannes2, 16 November 2017 - 05:03 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#775 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Thanks! Wondering if there are no-go combinations with my stack (my last post 2 above)

#776 Hannes2

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Thanks! Wondering if there are no-go combinations with my stack (my last post 2 above)

I cannot see serious interaction potential (like serotonin syndrome, which Trazodone as a weak SRI does not trigger at the doses used for insomnia even with a MAOI) in your stack. I did combine Trazodone with half of your stack myself.

Edited by Hannes2, 16 November 2017 - 07:42 PM.

• Agree x 1

#777 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

9) TIANEPTINE

Probably should remove this off the list based on recent developments.

#778 123apk

• 66 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

9) TIANEPTINE

Probably should remove this off the list based on recent developments.

What's that exactly?

#779 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

If you want to try Kava, I highly recommend it, make sure to choose the extract of the roots only which are not as toxic as the leaves and hard on the liver. A reputable brand is also recommended for quality and consistency.

I look forward to the results of this interesting clinical trial of Kava as a treatment for anxiety (University of Melbourne):

Kava for the Treatment of Generalised Anxiety Disorder: A Double-Blind Randomised Placebo-Controlled Trial (KGAD)

They use a daily dosage of 240mg of kavalactones per day which corresponds to 4 Thompson tablets (each containing 60mg kavalactones). Thompson, however recommends one tablet per day only which is working fine for me except the constipation issue. 

Kinda shame that the leaves are toxic, since they actually bind to opiate receptors. Kava would be kind of a super plant if you could use both roots and leaves for all the anxiolysis and euphoriant effects. Then again, it could get banned. I wonder if there's any way possible to make the leaves non-toxic.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#780 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Kinda shame that the leaves are toxic, since they actually bind to opiate receptors. Kava would be kind of a super plant if you could use both roots and leaves for all the anxiolysis and euphoriant effects. Then again, it could get banned. I wonder if there's any way possible to make the leaves non-toxic.

A bit of selective breeding here seems like the best shot... in the long run, of course.

Selective breeding have turned another super-plant, Cannabis, into a very useful plant - but it did take SOME breeding, at least.

Start up a thread or a organisation or some such, for the enhancement of Kava Kava! = ) It should be possible, to breed away most of the aggressive anti-pesticide genes, and then be left with a plant that's mostly psycho-active.

It would take years of course, but eventually the result WOULD be met, methinks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By