nootrpics brain health tags

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

Please post below

1) any suggestions for specific 'tags' that can be used to organize content in the 'brain health' forum.

2) any other suggestions about that forum. Please keep them manageable and realistic. LongeCity doesn't have a lot of resources in money or manpower.

#2 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

While it is a good idea from an organisational point of view, what happens to all the external links people have created to threads in the nootropics section?
Edit: Excellent! Still works!

Edited by MrHappy, 10 February 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#3 Mr Black

• 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

If a topic is about supplements for "mental" health, does it belong in the "supplements" forum or the "mental health" subforum?

What's the reasoning behind having a "mental health" subforum under "brain health?" Is the "brain health" forum for topics about maintaining or promoting a healthy brain, in the absence of any symptoms of brain dysfunction?

Will old posts in the "supplements" forum be reviewed and sorted into their new, correct fora, or will they be left where they are?

#4 Verne

• 102 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

If it's possible with this forum software, I think it would be good to allow for at least one 'custom' tag per post. Because no matter how many pre-defined tags you have, there will always be an obscure tag that is relevant to intelligence enhancement/general nootropics subject. A few tags I'll suggest: <Insert nootropic name and/or brand> {Aniracetam, Piracetam, <obscure drug name>, Concentration, Memory. I really think there are too many terms for them to be taken from a pre-defined list.

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

If it's possible with this forum software, I think it would be good to allow for at least one 'custom' tag per post. Because no matter how many pre-defined tags you have, there will always be an obscure tag that is relevant to intelligence enhancement/general nootropics subject. A few tags I'll suggest: <Insert nootropic name and/or brand> {Aniracetam, Piracetam, <obscure drug name>, Concentration, Memory. I really think there are too many terms for them to be taken from a pre-defined list.

Verne, that is a great idea to allow one at least one custom tag. I don't know if the software allows it to work that way, or if it would let you have as many custom tags as you want while just providing standard tags as suggestions. The whole idea of standard tags is to make the tag system be more useful, since a vast profusion of tags, most of which are words in the title anyway, isn't really of much value, as no one would know what to search on, and few posts would have the same tag.

I think that general disease states, like depression, ADHD, OCD, etc would be good tags. I guess that would be in 'mental health', though Alzheimer's and Parkinson's would presumably be brain health. (To be honest, I think the difference between brain health and mental health is a little fuzzy.) You might be right about there being too many substance names. Maybe it would be better to tag substances with class names, like racetams, choline sources, SSRI's, MAOI's, etc.

I think 'brain health' is supposed to be a replacement for the word 'nootropic', although I think that isn't going to be obvious to most people. Maybe call it 'nootropics and brain health'?

#6 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

+1 I was coming here to suggest something very similar

Maybe a suggestion as you type feature could systematize tags while allowing for custom ones?

Edited by nupi, 11 February 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#7 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Please post below

1) any suggestions for specific 'tags' that can be used to organize content in the 'brain health' forum.

2) any other suggestions about that forum. Please keep them manageable and realistic. LongeCity doesn't have a lot of resources in money or manpower.

Whilst I applaud the concept of providing a list of tags from which to choose from, IMO completely removing the ability to input CUSTOM tags will be a huge mistake.

By all means add the ability to select specific tags from a list, but PLEASE retain the ability to input CUSTOM tags if one wishes to; and this should not be restricted to only one. :)

#8 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

NEWSFLASH

RE (1): For a trial time any user "over 21" (more than 21 posts) can add and edit tags to a topic.
Please use that 'power' responsibly, but please do use it, on pre-tag system threads.

Attached File  lc345.PNG   20.2KB   4 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootrpics, brain health, tags

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users