* * - - - 10 votes

Who is Hyperspace21?

flamewar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

#1 randy909

• 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Here we go, a separate thread in which to argue about Hyperspace's identity. I'll start:

For me, Hooter's word is good enough. It also supports my own theory that this guy is probably a bit nutty in "real life" (potentially on a cereal bowl full of noots) and has a tendency to exaggerate who he is and what he's doing (sorry Hyperspace if that isn't accurate). Nevertheless his information seems useful and is easy to verify by willing members here.

jts234, I agree with capctr that you seems so level-headed and eloquent at times, then like a 8th grader at others. Please pause over the "post" button a bit more and think "Do I really need to tell ScienceGuy that his use of caps and smileys is childish right now, in this thread, in front of everyone, really?".

There, let the flame war commence, here in this separate thread.

Moderator Note: This thread was started to question the credibility of a user claiming to be conducting a clinical study at MIT about piracetam. Click this link to find out the result of our inquiry. Or enjoy reading through a bunch of drama and name calling in order to reach that page with the final result. Or simply hit your browser's "back" button if you'd rather not.

Edited by manic_racetam, 11 March 2012 - 05:51 PM.

• like x 5
  • dislike x 1

#2 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

We got a few results today on the effects of piracetam and vision.

The results, showed that the glutamate increase in the synapses; (released in controlled amounts); showed that people experienced a higher perception of colour and detail who had normal and slightly higher glutamate levels in the brain. The calcium ion channels (Ca+ ions) were responsible for the release of the glutamate neurotransmitter. The study showed that people with TOO MUCH Calcium in their neurons and post-synaptic space, experienced dulled/ normal perception of colour an detail; the same goes for the people who had TOO LITTLE Calcium in their brain. It is like the 'U' shaped curve with experienced with Piracetam dosage.

How can you measure the amount of calcium in people's neurons? Do you have future brain-scanning technology not yet available? Or are you dissecting the brains of the "people" in this "study".

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

We got a few results today on the effects of piracetam and vision.

The results, showed that the glutamate increase in the synapses; (released in controlled amounts); showed that people experienced a higher perception of colour and detail who had normal and slightly higher glutamate levels in the brain. The calcium ion channels (Ca+ ions) were responsible for the release of the glutamate neurotransmitter. The study showed that people with TOO MUCH Calcium in their neurons and post-synaptic space, experienced dulled/ normal perception of colour an detail; the same goes for the people who had TOO LITTLE Calcium in their brain. It is like the 'U' shaped curve with experienced with Piracetam dosage.

How can you measure the amount of calcium in people's neurons? Do you have future brain-scanning technology not yet available? Or are you dissecting the brains of the "people" in this "study".

I assume that the BRAIN LEVELS of CALCIUM and GLUTAMATE were measured from the CEREBROSPINAL FLUID (CFS) in exactly the same way that say for example MAGNESIUM levels within the BRAIN are measured (N.B. this does not involve BRAIN SURGERY or FANTASTICAL BRAIN-SCANNING TECHNOLOGY) :)

Though I will be most interested to read Hyperspace21's rebuttal to this implication that he is a fraud ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 16 February 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#4 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

The responders showed slightly elevated glutamate levels in the brain, with a regular amount of calcium ions between post-synaptic spaces and neurons.

So you're saying you found 100 people, 50 which were 'regular piracetam users' (where did you find them?), willing to have brain surgery so that you could measure glutamate levels and and calcium ions in the post-synaptic space? And all this for the sake of seeing what piracetam does to vision or something? And you got regulatory approval for this? Who's financing this extremely expensive study?

This guy is obviously a fraud. I suspect he will come out soon with a product to sell, that purportedly remedies the problems with piracetam.

Another giveaway is the large amount of vagaries, factual inaccuracies, strange and nonacademic wording in the posts. E.g: what the hell is there "between post-synaptic space and neurons"?? Post-synaptic space is space, it is between neurons by definition. What is there between the space and the neuron? This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

People of the Longecity forum, please don't be so gullible.

Sorry for providing the lack of information and advanced grammar. (This report was conveyed in such a way that the general public could understand it). We are a private institution and funding comes from various investors and of course our college (MIT).

As for the 100 people, they were volunteers, and were selected through a private survey conducted between December 1st,2011 and January 2nd,2012. We, as an educational institute have the permission to conduct research on volunteers who in their entire knowledge know about the side-effects and details of the experiment. If this weren't true then we would have a lawsuit knocking at our door by now.

The post synaptic space by definition means the space between 2 synapses. The space between 2 or multiple neurons is different. Chemicals usually travel from neuron to neuron via the synapse. However, there are some substances that are released between neurons (like calcium,water,potassium,etc.)

The concentration levels of Calcium and Glutamate were measured through blood tests, MRI/fMRI scans, CAT scans and CFS (Cerebrospinal fluid).

We are trying to get our results published in science magazines and well-renowned databases to prevent this kind of doubt from occurring.

As for releasing any 'product', I promise you that I am not legally allowed to and that I'm just a medical student. We are working on a substance that will act closely to piracetam with more and better benefits, however,its composition is highly classified and cannot be sold or revealed at any cost. I promise you that I won't be releasing any product or substance.

I'm sorry that I couldn't provide you enough information, which lead you to think that I'm a fraud :sad:. I have restrictions too, on how much information I can reveal (due to legal issues). If you have any doubts that are answerable within my reach then I will happily clear them.

P.S. My advice and suggestions worked for many people on this forum which I gave based on my results, I hope this should clear your doubt about fake research and fake clinical trials. (We have put a lot of effort,time and money on this research).

Edited by Hyperspace21, 16 February 2012 - 06:13 PM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#5 SkepticFrank

• 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just going to post a good comment I found on reddit in regards to this thread and hyperspace personally.

The guy [Hyperspace21]
claims to be part of like some crack squad of researchers at MIT, but he sounds like some rando on the Internet who read a bunch of studies on PubMed and thinks he understands neuroscience. As a psychology major with a concentration in behavioral economics and a neuroscience minor at an ivy league school, this guy has my "bullshit" detector ringing nonstop. Research isn't performed the way he's pretending it is, there's no funding for this kind of shit, he gives the most bullshit subjective tests (carry around a red object. Now look at the piracetam; now back to me. Now back at the red object. Does it look more red? Old Spice).
Plus, no self respecting research assistant would publish findings ahead of the publication by a peer review journal on some fucking message board. I'm better than that, my advisors are better than that, and MIT is sure as fuck better than that.
Edit:
He also claims to be a medical student at MIT. MIT doesn't have a medical school (medical students from Harvard can cross-register for programs in MIT's PhD departments). He also lacks a clear understanding of 1. the cost that goes into this kind of research, 2. the legal implications of violating non-disclosure agreements that everyone signs when signing up to assist in this kind of research (he only cites legal issues when people call him out on his bullshit), 3. the nature of invasive tests such as testing the cerebral-spinal fluid (are you really going to be able to collect 100, healthy, piracetam users in the span of 1 month via survey [he didn't disclose any other recruitment method] that are willing to get on board with getting a spinal tap to measure neurotransmitter levels during a routine administration of piracetam?), and most importantly 4. the expense that goes into funding research like this. Many nootropics are discovered in the course of experimentation and clinical trials on fringe populations (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, recovering alcoholics, etc.) and their benefits are extrapolated into the healthy population. That's because the only money out there is devoted to curing or treating diseases, getting a patent, and letting insurance companies underwrite the cost of that shit so you can sell it at an insanely high price. The kind of research he's claiming that one of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning in the world is doing is just not getting done, especially in the quest to create the "ultimate nootropic" that he keeps talking about.

• like x 8
  • dislike x 1

#6 spartan86

• 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Nothing new here really, MIT=Massachusetts Institute of Technology. So everything was quite obvious from the beginning.
BUT it doesn't mean that he's full of crap. Hyperspace seems to be knowledgeable in the subject and it's everything that counts.
We aren't scientists, just some people with their own problems. He made a real contribution with his calcium advice.
Yeah, he maybe no neuroscience major, but he has a really nice attitude and the will to help.
Anyway, we all need to think twice before believing anything we read and do our own research.
Hyperspace just shown us a new direction and I'm grateful for that.

Edited by spartan86, 24 February 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#7 Tomas E

• 114 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

I have to agree here with spartan, be is just sharing what he knows and for most ppl piracetam usage has helpt them out and im also grateful for him helping out and giving good pointers.

#8 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Just going to post a good comment I found on reddit in regards to this thread and hyperspace personally.

The guy [Hyperspace21]
claims to be part of like some crack squad of researchers at MIT, but he sounds like some rando on the Internet who read a bunch of studies on PubMed and thinks he understands neuroscience. As a psychology major with a concentration in behavioral economics and a neuroscience minor at an ivy league school, this guy has my "bullshit" detector ringing nonstop. Research isn't performed the way he's pretending it is, there's no funding for this kind of shit, he gives the most bullshit subjective tests (carry around a red object. Now look at the piracetam; now back to me. Now back at the red object. Does it look more red? Old Spice).
Plus, no self respecting research assistant would publish findings ahead of the publication by a peer review journal on some fucking message board. I'm better than that, my advisors are better than that, and MIT is sure as fuck better than that.
Edit:
He also claims to be a medical student at MIT. MIT doesn't have a medical school (medical students from Harvard can cross-register for programs in MIT's PhD departments). He also lacks a clear understanding of 1. the cost that goes into this kind of research, 2. the legal implications of violating non-disclosure agreements that everyone signs when signing up to assist in this kind of research (he only cites legal issues when people call him out on his bullshit), 3. the nature of invasive tests such as testing the cerebral-spinal fluid (are you really going to be able to collect 100, healthy, piracetam users in the span of 1 month via survey [he didn't disclose any other recruitment method] that are willing to get on board with getting a spinal tap to measure neurotransmitter levels during a routine administration of piracetam?), and most importantly 4. the expense that goes into funding research like this. Many nootropics are discovered in the course of experimentation and clinical trials on fringe populations (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, recovering alcoholics, etc.) and their benefits are extrapolated into the healthy population. That's because the only money out there is devoted to curing or treating diseases, getting a patent, and letting insurance companies underwrite the cost of that shit so you can sell it at an insanely high price. The kind of research he's claiming that one of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning in the world is doing is just not getting done, especially in the quest to create the "ultimate nootropic" that he keeps talking about.

Agreed - see my previous post for further arguments and a similar intuition: this guy is talking out of his arse.

If taking calcium and glutamate actually does help people, then that's great. But the way it should be presented is as speculative and potentially dangerous (see the old piracetam/excitotoxicity thread). That's what we call a "conjecture" in science: seems to make sense, but we have no data.

That this guy is allowed to hallucinate on this board is not only potentially dangerous, but a disgrace to the supposedly science-based Longecity community. Good scientific conduct requires that we support our statements with published, peer-reviewed studies, and qualify a conjecture or mechanistic speculation as such.

To be clear: I'm not saying he's wrong about the calcium, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely these experiments are actually going on.
  • like x 1

#9 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

The guy [Hyperspace21]
Edit:

I could ask you the same question you know. How do I know that you are a "psychology major with a neuroscience minor at an ivy league school". You see, everyone is smart enough to make their own judgment; whether you want to believe the truth or not, that's up to you. You should remember though, you can't hide from the truth.

As for MIT; It is a PRIVATE RESEARCH UNIVERSITY. If you understand what that means, then you'll clearly know that raw research data is not allowed to be released anywhere outside the institution. So the 'apparent' legal issues I am talking about can very likely happen. It also means that the university is specifically research oriented, so there would be no sense in saying that it does not fund its own research.

Now about myself; I am not a research 'assistant', I am a student (not a paid researcher). MIT has a variety of subjects, of which biological studies is one of them. After studying the entire course; MIT, requires all students to submit a 'final year project' which will determine how qualified you are and grades will be given on that basis ( along with the results from your previous years examinations). You can do this project on your own or gather up a few friends and colleagues to help you in your project. You are allowed to conduct research for the completion of your project, after you get permission from the administration board.

The research conducted does have a budget which depends on the popularity and the no. of people supporting the research. The budget can be increased if it has a lot of supporters. In our case; our current budget is 5 million dollars, which is the second highest budget in the entire campus. (Research on a cure for cancer currently has the highest budget of 12 million dollars). MIT, being a billion dollar educational institution can afford to fund these types of researches.

There is one important agreement though, that states; "All research and information conducted/collected solely belongs to MIT and cannot be used for profitable purposes. Revealing information without the consent of the administration board can result in academic probation or even expulsion." Clearly, I would have to get permission from the administration board to reveal research information, which I did and they were kind enough to let me post on this thread since they saw the potential of the research that we are doing. However, they strictly prohibited me from revealing any information related to the volunteers since that was against their privacy policy.
I did this because I saw an entire community of people that could benefit from this research.

Many people are recruited from surveys. Information is also collected through surveys and verified the same way the census is (except on a much private and smaller scale). This takes a relatively small amount of time to recruit volunteers since MIT has access to research facilities in which clinical trials are performed.

The term "Ultimate Nootropic" is only meant to be used as a reference term so people can apprehend to what we are trying to achieve; which is a substance that can cure all or most diseases at the cellular level and upward.

Subjective tests, are for determining whether piracetam is working for you or not. They are based on pure logic, which are basically derived from the conclusions of our research.

Clearly, you are used to different research practices (If you are a researcher). I'm sorry for not following the 'Scientific Method' because honestly, I don't have enough time to give out information that is purely obvious.

The research has helped a lot of people and everyone is allowed to make their own judgements. They can decide to follow or not to follow the advice given in this thread, it is completely their choice.

Your skepticism towards my team and I should not make you this aggressive (although I appreciate skepticism to some extent, since it helps fill in the gaps of information that some people may need). I hope you overcome your aggression soon and realize that there is nothing to be upset about (no one appreciates aggressiveness).

Feel free to ask any questions regarding piracetam or any other racetam. :)

Edited by Hyperspace21, 24 February 2012 - 06:04 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#10 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

The guy [Hyperspace21]
Edit:

Agreed - see my previous post for further arguments and a similar intuition: this guy is talking out of his arse.

If taking calcium and glutamate actually does help people, then that's great. But the way it should be presented is as speculative and potentially dangerous (see the old piracetam/excitotoxicity thread). That's what we call a "conjecture" in science: seems to make sense, but we have no data.

That this guy is allowed to hallucinate on this board is not only potentially dangerous, but a disgrace to the supposedly science-based Longecity community. Good scientific conduct requires that we support our statements with published, peer-reviewed studies, and qualify a conjecture or mechanistic speculation as such.

To be clear: I'm not saying he's wrong about the calcium, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely these experiments are actually going on.

I understand that you need published material (or at least peer reviewed material) for this research. Research data is usually presented in a 'Scientific Method', but that requires publication. The administration board decides what to publish and what not to. We are still in the early stages of our project, so its unlikely they'll decide to publish this research. I promise you though, that once we are near the end of our research; you will see all the clinical trials and raw data published on either MIT's website or on any other well known databases. :)

Without the experiments, it would be nearly impossible to determine that calcium and glutamate/glutamic acid were necessary for the functioning of piracetam. I have no reason to lie about research, because I'm not a psycho. :laugh:

#11 spartan86

• 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

I don't know why, but I like the guy. He's not hiding and even trying to defend himself. Should it even be necessarily? I don't think so. He's not paid by anyone here. So let us all go back on topic. If someone has any doubts, open a new thread like "Who is Hyperspace really?" or something like that. I think that this guy has access to some raw data. It doesn't matter where it is from. Everything he advised on so far has been quite helpful.

Edited by spartan86, 24 February 2012 - 07:05 PM.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#12 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

I don't know why, but I like the guy. He's not hiding and even trying to defend himself. Should it even be necessarily? I don't think so. He's not paid by anyone here. So let us all go back on topic. If someone has any doubts, open a new thread like "Who is Hyperspace really?" or something like that. I think that this guy has access to some raw data. It doesn't matter where it is from. Everything he advised on so far has been quite helpful.

Thanks for your support!
I really appreciate it.
:)

#13 Tomas E

• 114 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

Agreed, and he is also not selling or telling you to take it only giving guidelines.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#14 vlipm0de

• 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Scientific drama....Juicy!... :happy:

I understand that you need published material (or at least peer reviewed material) for this research. Research data is usually presented in a 'Scientific Method', but that requires publication. The administration board decides what to publish and what not to. We are still in the early stages of our project, so its unlikely they'll decide to publish this research. I promise you though, that once we are near the end of our research; you will see all the clinical trials and raw data published on either MIT's website or on any other well known databases. :)

Doesnt research always have to be published in the scientific method...that seems quite obvious the question is...why do you "publish" it on the forums if its not suspected to have scientific evidence??

Edited by vlipm0de, 24 February 2012 - 07:55 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#15 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Scientific drama....Juicy!... :happy:

Doesnt research always have to be published in the scientific method...that seems quite obvious the question is...why do you "publish" it on the forums if its not suspected to have scientific evidence??

I 'post' it so that people can come to their own conclusions based on the report and then cross-check it with the guidelines/advice. Not many people understand reports written in the scientific method, so I retype it just so people can apprehend the information. The original reports are way too long for forums (over 20 pages) and also include volunteer related information. I try to input as much information as I can, that is within my reach to prevent skeptics from questioning the data, however, due to the current lack of publication, I am failing to keep this from happening.

You are allowed to make your own judgements and I don't disregard skepticism because the skeptics do have a point,but, its not in my power to publish the research material since its not owned by me. I hope the skeptics understand this and just have patience to wait for the publications to appear. :)

By the way I love your good sense of humor. :laugh:
  • dislike x 1

#16 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hyperspace, who's supervising your research?

#17 vlipm0de

• 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Herpaderpderpderp
  • like x 1

#18 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

Hyperspace, who's supervising your research?

A couple of professors and the administration board.

The professors are experts in the field of organic chemistry, biology,neurobiology, etc.

The administration board only supervises the safety of the volunteers and the research.

If you would like the names of the professors then kindly send me a message, I'll give them to you. ( you are skeptical aren't you? :laugh: )
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#19 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hyperspace21. Sorry, bbrain cramp.

No problem, thanks for sticking up ,wasn't necessary though, but I appreciate it. :laugh:

Brain cramp must be pretty painful. ;) :laugh:

#20 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

This is what I would say to a Skeptic about Mr Hyperspace(Not Kissing your ass just don't want people to get turned off from the thread)

Whether he is 100% legit or not he's helped people. Our Ego's gotta look at all the technicalities and find whats wrong. How about whats right. Stop worrying about all the details and look at the Big Picture. It'll save you some stress and YOU DON"T KNOW 100% if he is legit or Not. So until you do and can prove it, its best to just STFU. I've tried some of the things shared here with some success. Not as much as I had hoped for but I have seen improvements. Piracetam had lost the enhanced vision effect for me and it has now increased since adding Calcium and Magnesium and other effects are more noticable but not as pronounced as the Color Saturation.

Edited by joelski28, 25 February 2012 - 08:37 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#21 FortFun

• 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hyperspace, if you are legit, I hope you put some serious effort into substantiating your posts (both yourself and the supposed research).

Unfortunately, to date, you walk the well worn line of many snake oil salesmen in this industry.Big claims of authority backed by research without proof. As a start, can you please provide the moderators with an MIT e-mail address if you don't want to post one here? Anyone knows I have not always seen eye to eye with 'chronos'. Can you please have him verify this most basic claim?

If this can be verified, we can take the next step. Otherwise, I'm sorry but the science behind you claims is not scientific.

If folks want to defend you subjectively then I have a placebo to sell them too.

That said, I am a strong believer in piracetam, just wish it was safer to buy in bulk.

-fortfun
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#22 FortFun

• 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Stop worrying about all the details and look at the Big Picture. It'll save you some stress and YOU DON"T KNOW 100% if he is legit or Not. So until you do and can prove it, its best to just STFU.

Really Joelski? Just an example of the defense of hyperspace that I and most members here have ZERO interest in hearing. Ok?

#23 FortFun

• 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Again, are you kidding me???

I don't know why, but I like the guy... [Gee thanks]
He's not hiding and even trying to defend himself.... [He's not??]
Should it even be necessarily? [ALWAYS!]
If someone has any doubts, open a new thread.... [huh?]
I think that this guy has access to some raw data. [and you 'think' this why?]
It doesn't matter where it is from [then you are in the wrong forum, most of us do]
Everything he advised on so far has been quite helpful [based on what, your opinion? what is your expertise or experience - 4 posts???]

Good lord....what happened to the scientists here?
  • like x 4

#24 spartan86

• 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Again, are you kidding me???

I don't know why, but I like the guy... [Gee thanks]
He's not hiding and even trying to defend himself.... [He's not??]
Should it even be necessarily? [ALWAYS!]
If someone has any doubts, open a new thread.... [huh?]
I think that this guy has access to some raw data. [and you 'think' this why?]
It doesn't matter where it is from [then you are in the wrong forum, most of us do]
Everything he advised on so far has been quite helpful [based on what, your opinion? what is your expertise or experience - 4 posts???]

Good lord....what happened to the scientists here?

It was just my opinion, nothing more. His advice on calcium really helped me or I think so at least. I was coming from there.
My point was that you can't really know who's on the other side of the screen. Many people here back up themselves with a lot of links to scientific documents. It doesn't mean that they are right. Science? Not really, stuff you can read on piracetam is mostly speculation.
I simply don't understand why some need to make a crusade out of it. I'm as sceptical as any of you. All I meant was that his advices were good from my perspective. I'm only one man, so take this in consideration. Peace.

Edited by spartan86, 26 February 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#25 FortFun

• 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

I, for one, have been taking Piracetam for about six weeks now, and up until Hyperman21 started posting, I had only been getting minimal results, and the negative side effects(constant fatigue, diarrhea, etc...) where in full force. It got so bad, that the only reason I did not just give up, was the desperation to dispel the brain fog and get my own ADHD under control.
In the past week, I have utilized the info he has posted, to make some seriouse modifications to my stack and approach. The results have been outstanding, and my life tnd marriage have greatly benefited. So I say three things: Thank you to Hyperman21! Keep up the good work(please don't let the detractors on this forum prevent you from posting. To the detractors I say shut the hell up and mind your manners. It is one thing to be a skeptic, but a few of you have crossed the line, and you sound petty and small minded.

Dude, in your own posts you stated that you started taking noopept a week ago!!!!

NOOPEPT!!! wtf??? You are new here and tell the forum skeptics to 'shut the hell up and mind your manners'???

We have 'have crossed the line' and 'sound petty and small minded.'???

The more I read this thread and some of the comments from newbies the shadier I think this WHOLE thread is.

Moderators???

-fortfun

#26 spartan86

• 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

This thread became useless.
Sorry if I've offended anyone. Bye, longecity.
  • dislike x 1

#27 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Let's all stay cool here.

I think we all agree that at this point the claims made by Hyperspace have not been verified. The main difference between the skeptics and the believers is that believers think that "it won't hurt, it might help", that is, believers wouldn't mind so much if the claims turn out to be false, and would value an improvement in their piracetam very highly. The skeptics value truth more than anything, and think it would be very bad if a false claim would get accepted here. The latter is the more scientific stance, because in science we aim to not accept something as fact until we are very certain of it. Untill then, it's speculation.

I've PMed Hyperspace and manic_racetam (moderator), and asked for the email of a supervisor at MIT. If I can verify his claims with a scientist employed by MIT, then we can start to discuss his experiments by their scientific merit, instead of having to question if the experiments have been performed at all. At that point, we can all stop the ad-hominems because the subject is then the quality of the experiments, and the question what conclusions we can draw from them, and not the reliability of Hyperspace21 himself.

Cheers
  • like x 7

#28 FortFun

• 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

This thread became useless.
Sorry if I've offended anyone. Bye, longecity.

You are correct spartan. This thread became useless when you and two others made absurd claims in support of the OP's [so far] unverifiable claims. At least you didn't tell the rest of us to 'STFU/STHU' but I personally find your blind accordance just as disturbing.

Sorry a contrary dialogue with respect to what you put in your body is disturbing to you. Good luck. Peace.

-fortfun
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#29 FortFun

• 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Let's all stay cool here.

I think we all agree that at this point the claims made by Hyperspace have not been verified. The main difference between the skeptics and the believers is that believers think that "it won't hurt, it might help", that is, believers wouldn't mind so much if the claims turn out to be false, and would value an improvement in their piracetam very highly. The skeptics value truth more than anything, and think it would be very bad if a false claim would get accepted here. The latter is the more scientific stance, because in science we aim to not accept something as fact until we are very certain of it. Untill then, it's speculation.

I've PMed Hyperspace and manic_racetam (moderator), and asked for the email of a supervisor at MIT. If I can verify his claims with a scientist employed by MIT, then we can start to discuss his experiments by their scientific merit, instead of having to question if the experiments have been performed at all. At that point, we can all stop the ad-hominems because the subject is then the quality of the experiments, and the question what conclusions we can draw from them, and not the reliability of Hyperspace21 himself.

Cheers

Thanks! 100% agree with the approach!!!

and cooler heads prevail! :)

-fortfun

Edited by FortFun, 26 February 2012 - 12:50 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 FortFun

• 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey ScienceGuy,

Do you have any interesting Piracetam studies that you can refer to since, I do know, that last decade or so???

I find it kind of funny the self references to Hyperspace21 and his so far non existent MIT work.

You state you are a medical student, with 22 years of nootropics experience [I assume you are not referring to 100+ Dead shows! :) ]. Bold career change at this stage in your life! Congrats! Since you claim these credentials do you care to indulge us with some facts to back up your claims???

BTW welcome to the forums. Its a pitty you never found this forum before now.

Thanks,

-fortfun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users