Photo

Cerebral Health Noopept - DIFFERENT?!!!

cerebral health noopept quality

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

I recently purchased more Noopept from Cerebral Health and it is a different powder! I still have some from the last time I ordered and the difference is obvious.

The first time it carried the unique Noopept odor... almost like a concentrated mushroom extract with a small dash of anise or something. And the taste, well strong chemical that had a mild numbing effect on the mouth.

This time I got a bag of powder that has a "burnt odor" about it. Hard to describe... almost like the smell of rubber! Like the kind of old rubber used in the soles of really old style dress shoes (yeah, that's a strange description but the best I can do).

Something I noticed in the last batch as well was a bunch of small black specks. Not sure what those are.

I'm going to write a letter to them and ask them wtf is up with this most recent batch, but in the mean time has anyone else noticed a change in the product?

If you recently made your first purchase how would you describe the smell of the product? Thanks!

#2 pacman_7

• 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

First time buying noopept and yes, like you said, it smells funky and the powder resembles flour...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

I heard back from them... they said... "It's a new batch."

But here's my opinion on it anyway, it doesn't smell like poison or solvents, which is a good sign. Also it still works really well. High potency, 10mg gave very good effect, maybe even stronger than their previous batch. So I'm happy with it. Maybe this is what Noopept is supposed to smell like and their previous batch was less pure? It's impossible for me to know at this point.

How's it working out for you?

#4 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

First time buying noopept and yes, like you said, it smells funky and the powder resembles flour...

LOL... Well, I guess it's supposed to smell "funky". The question I have is what makes it a different kind of "funky"?

#5 Googoltarian

• 113 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

If you could say if this smell if more in direction of honey, or more in direction of old lady floral perfume (but in kinda sick way). If neither - try mixing small sample with strongly acidic water, and then smelling. I checked synthetic routes and maybe I could tell you what is this impurity.

If you could make HNMR analysis, and post it, then I could tell you what kind of impurities are there with 90% precision ;)

#6 pacman_7

• 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

It's good to hear that it's potent. I was worried that they screwed up their synthesis and came out the way it did. My noopept came in a ziploc bag inside the normal Cerebral Health foil package, was yours like that too, manic?

And it doesn't smell like anything I've encountered in particular but sort of smells like unwashed clothes? LOL. I guess it also smells like weird rubber...
Also it's my first time trying noopept, what's the best way to take it? Thanks in advance!

#7 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

If you could say if this smell if more in direction of honey, or more in direction of old lady floral perfume (but in kinda sick way). If neither - try mixing small sample with strongly acidic water, and then smelling. I checked synthetic routes and maybe I could tell you what is this impurity.

If you could make HNMR analysis, and post it, then I could tell you what kind of impurities are there with 90% precision ;)

Googoltarian: Hmmm... luckily I've got a pretty sweet NMR setup in my basement, LOL.

As far as acidic water, what kind of acid do I need to add to the water? I'm guessing vinegar wouldn't be suitable since it has such an overpowering smell of it's own. Would I need HCL?

I was thinking of buying a TLC setup from ebay just to mess around with, but haven't done so yet. Also, out of town at the moment so will have to continue "analysis" when I get back.

As far as "Honey or nasty old lady perfume" I'd say it's much more benign than usual, so probably closer to Honey, but still that is a terrible way to describe it.

How difficult is the synthesis? Does they use solid-phase or liquid-phase peptide synthesis? I assume since it's such a short peptide that solid-phase wouldn't be necessary but am very curious. Thanks

It's good to hear that it's potent. I was worried that they screwed up their synthesis and came out the way it did. My noopept came in a ziploc bag inside the normal Cerebral Health foil package, was yours like that too, manic?

And it doesn't smell like anything I've encountered in particular but sort of smells like unwashed clothes? LOL. I guess it also smells like weird rubber...
Also it's my first time trying noopept, what's the best way to take it? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, that packaging is normal. The inside bag is probably to help save powder since it's kind of sticky stuff and the bottom of those foil bags are hard to scrape powder from.

Well, Noopept has a very distinct odor. That's actually included on the analysis checklist for Chinese chem companies, "Characteristic Odor = Present". So that's one thing that made me worry, was that the "characteristic odor" was different. But like I said, potency and effects seem similar.

As far as best way to take it, I hope you have a scale available that measures to the .001 grams pretty accurately. That's really the only way to know how much you're taking. It's impossible to eye-ball 10mg. Especially with this powder since it's really unevenly distributed with weight. I'd suggest starting with 10mg and work your way up. If you respond well to 10mg (no side effects) then go ahead and increase the dosage if you want.

Lot's of people find success with 20mg twice a day. Personally I prefer 20mg in the morning and 10mg in the afternoon. Both doses taken with meals.

You'll have to figure out the best dose for yourself through trial and error.It's better to take Noopept with a snack or a meal because the enzymes in your stomach that break down noopept get all used up on your food, allowing for better absorption of the Noopept. Lot's of people (including myself) started taking higher and higher doses of this stuff, but found that although it feels pretty good, it's not necessary and usually will end in negative side-effects.

Now I just stick to 10-30mg per day. And that works well for me. If you haven't done so yet, you might want to check out Noopept.com and use google translate to convert it to english. Lots of dosage info and FAQ on the site.
  • like x 1

#8 Googoltarian

• 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

As far as acidic water, what kind of acid do I need to add to the water? I'm guessing vinegar wouldn't be suitable since it has such an overpowering smell of it's own. Would I need HCL?

Preferably cold sulfuric acid. Battery acid variety is going to be ok.

I was thinking of buying a TLC setup from ebay just to mess around with, but haven't done so yet. Also, out of town at the moment so will have to continue "analysis" when I get back.

Good idea!

As far as "Honey or nasty old lady perfume" I'd say it's much more benign than usual, so probably closer to Honey, but still that is a terrible way to describe it.

Then its probably good.

How difficult is the synthesis? Does they use solid-phase or liquid-phase peptide synthesis? I assume since it's such a short peptide that solid-phase wouldn't be necessary but am very curious. Thanks

Solid-phase would be total overkill. Its quite simple syntesis, and you can lookup patents for detailed description. If guy that made this noopept followed published routes, only worrying contaminant could be sec-butylchloroformate, or phenylacetly chloride - but he would have to be very poor chemist ;) . But there are other unpublished routes, hence my question about old lady perfume.
  • like x 1

#9 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

Solid-phase would be total overkill. Its quite simple syntesis, and you can lookup patents for detailed description. If guy that made this noopept followed published routes, only worrying contaminant could be sec-butylchloroformate, or phenylacetly chloride - but he would have to be very poor chemist ;) . But there are other unpublished routes, hence my question about old lady perfume.

Thanks for such an informative answer!

So do the "unpublished routes" involve a gallon of cheap old lady perfume and a bath-tub or something?

What are the factors affecting the yield on this synthesis? If a product contained 80% Noopept by weight what would the rest of the powder likely be? Assuming published routes were used. Thanks again

#10 Googoltarian

• 113 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

So do the "unpublished routes" involve a gallon of cheap old lady perfume and a bath-tub or something?

Not really, sorry... ;) These "unpublished routes" are just ways to make it, which can be elucidated by any good chemist :-D

If a product contained 80% Noopept by weight what would the rest of the powder likely be? Assuming published routes were used. Thanks again

Too many scary things... But if it is 80%, you would know it already. This smelly contaminant is probably some weird solvent mix with residual tertiary amine - which was used to capture HCl.

What are the factors affecting the yield on this synthesis?

Many things. Generally published routes are optimized. Basic reading on this:
http://en.wikipedia....emical_kinetics

#11 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I second the report about the "old" batch (which is the same batch I got when I ordered back in Nov last year which I still have a quantity of) containing small black specks which I thought didn't belong.. also this new batch of piracetam I got is slightly different consistency and minor difference in taste. Still works the same though.. I have had issues with them not responding to emails which I've posted about in the relevant CH thread.

#12 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Preferably cold sulfuric acid. Battery acid variety is going to be ok.

Good idea!

Then its probably good.

where do you find patents about noopept ? i can't find any :mellow:

#13 Googoltarian

• 113 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Noopept patents:

U.S. (1995), US 5439930 A 19950808
PCT Int. Appl. (1993), WO 9321216 A1 19931028
  • like x 1

#14 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Noopept patents:

U.S. (1995), US 5439930 A 19950808
PCT Int. Appl. (1993), WO 9321216 A1 19931028

Thank you alot ! :)

#15 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

I just got the Cererbral Health Noopept and have to agree on the smell. It smells like burned rubber and the powder is thiner then the previous one (different vendor). I don't feel any stimulating effects from the new, CH Noopept. Dunno.....so far it made me very calm, but almost to a point of being depressed. I'm very dissapointed and will never buy from them again.

Edited by 425runner, 31 August 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#16 synapse

• 329 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

we actually just changed noopept manufacturers and our noopept is better than ever.

#17 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

That's good to hear. I ordered some noopept some months ago and I too was disappointed. I order from a different website now.

#18 singerdude

• 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi, sorry to bump an old thread but it is the most relevant to my question.

I just bought a batch of Noopept from superior neutraceutical with an extremely subtle clean scent compared to my last batch from CH wich had an unmistakable mushroom/feet odor that would almolst waft through the 2 Ziploc bags it was stored in.

Googoltarian already established that Noopept was quite easy to synthesize, but just to be on the safe size, does any of you have tried Superior Neutraceutical's Noopept?

#19 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

I've never had Noopept with a 'clean' scent. It always has that distinct smell that is hard to describe.

#20 singerdude

• 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

That's what puzzles me... Noopept is supposed to have a strong fungi-like scent. My old batch from Cerebral Health most definitely had it. I'm now reluctant to try my almost odor free Noopept from Superior Neutraceuticals.

#21 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, fungi-like, sort of ammonia-ish, but at the same time kind of fresh. Definitely an interesting smell. Perhaps the smell goes away after a few months? Could be old product.

#22 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Does anyone know if CH still provides the new batch? Or is it different again?

#23 synapse

• 329 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

we recently had a third party test our noopept and it came out at over 99% pure

#24 singerdude

• 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Thanks a lot for the heads up Synapse :-)

#25 singerdude

• 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Not that I could dispute your claim even in front of theoretical cold hard evidence, my chemical knowledge being next door neighbor to absolute zero ;-) But I assume that some that some senior member/chem wizz or other kind of compulsive nit-picker that appear to populate this awesome forum could. So I'll (foolishly maybe?) take the straight-forwardness of your answer as truth. Consider me a repeat custommer :-)

Also thanks to said senior members, chem wizzes and other compulsive nit-pickers as well for probably saving billions of neurons, maybe even lives...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#26 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I just got some from ebay and it smells like nothing to me even though I put my nose in the bag trying to smell anything remotely like mushrooms.

Edited by machete234, 22 February 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cerebral health, noopept, quality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users