Great paper behind the neurobiology of anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

AVPD and negatives in shizo share a simular cause, (glutamate and phasic dopamine hypoactivity) and both respond to amphetamine.

AVPD does not respond to benzo's and stimulants most likely make SA worse, AVPD relates alot to reward issues while sa is purely caused by anxiety.
  • Informative x 1

#32 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Now I am intrigued, Source?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

^^Ill post some stuff later on.

Been trying 4FA and it def works for anhedonia wich is not suprising as it releases sero and DA, i think it would work really well for depression and anxiety too for many, it also feels very clean and lacks alot of amphetamine side effects.

Im getting amisulpiride one of the days, it worked for me years ago but after i stopped it and retried it at later points it never worked again so ill see what it does.

Edited by medievil, 12 August 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#34 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

I dont respond to it, but seeing DXM is a drug that causes rewarding effects, so it may be effective for anhedonia in low antidepressant/anti tolerance doses (30-60mg 2 or 3 times a day).

Dextromethorphan as a potential rapid-acting antidepressant.
Lauterbach EC.
Source
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Mercer University School of Medicine, 1550 College Street, Macon, GA 31201, USA. eclbgnp@earthlink.net
Abstract
Dextromethorphan shares pharmacological properties in common with antidepressants and, in particular, ketamine, a drug with demonstrated rapid-acting antidepressant activity. Pharmacodynamic similarities include actions on NMDA, μ opiate, sigma-1, calcium channel, serotonin transporter, and muscarinic sites. Additional unique properties potentially contributory to an antidepressant effect include actions at ß, alpha-2, and serotonin 1b/d receptors. It is therefore, hypothesized that dextromethorphan may have antidepressant efficacy in bipolar, unipolar, major depression, psychotic, and treatment-resistant depressive disorders, and may display rapid-onset of antidepressant response. An antidepressant response may be associated with a positive family history of alcoholism, prediction of ketamine response, increased AMPA-to-NMDA receptor activity ratio, antidepressant properties in animal models of depression, reward system activation, enhanced erythrocyte magnesium concentration, and correlation with frontal μ receptor binding potential. Clinical trials of dextromethorphan in depressive disorders, especially treatment-resistant depression, now seem warranted.

#35 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Desoxy made me act really weird and erratic and i figured out why now, it releases more dopamine then coke, as ive noticed before with risperdal that completely blocked the mania of stims, also the euphoria tough but that returned with phenibut wich can be possible as MU not DA regulates reward.

I took 300mg ami today and my behavor got alot more normalised (first tought it was preg etc but i took stims even in recreational doses without them and they didnt make me act manic, stims only did that when i was more shizo and indeed in shizo there's excessive da release with stims thus the weird behavor.

Desoxy releases more da then coke, today ill take high doses of amisulpiride to completely block D2 and D3 and see how that affects the social and anti anhedonic benefits, i suspect it should block any change of more manic behavor compared to baseline.

Also another thing against the da theory, it releases so much da but its barely euphoric.

D1, D4 and D5 agonism should increase wich are involved in the PFC, if the sa and anhedonia benefits remain then that rules out the involvement of D2 and D3 in that.

Illustrates how the D receptors regulate the mu receptors, so if one of the above is the main player modulating mu then ami might even increase euphoria wich would be good as a bit more mood boost would make desoxy nicer.

"Attenuation of the euphoric effects of cocaine by the dopamine D1/D5 antagonist ecopipam (SCH 39166)
Romach MK, Glue P, Kampman K, Kaplan HL, Somer GR, Poole S, Clarke L, Coffin V, Cornish J, O'Brien CP, Sellers EM.
Source
Psychopharmacology and Dependence Research Unit, Centre for Research in Women's Health, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre, Women's College Campus, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. myroslava.romach@utoronto.ca
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
The subjective and reinforcing effects of cocaine in humans are associated with the enhancement of endogenous dopamine function in the mesolimbic system. This study examined the role of dopamine D1-like receptors in the behavioral and mood effects of cocaine by evaluating the effects of the selective D1/D5 antagonist ecopipam (SCH 39166) on subjective responses to intravenous cocaine in 11 subjects with cocaine dependence as defined by DSM-IV.
METHODS:
Subjects were pretreated in a randomized double-blind fashion with either placebo or 10 mg, 25 mg, or 100 mg of ecopipam orally on 4 separate occasions. Two hours later a single intravenous injection of 30 mg of cocaine was administered. Subjective and cardiovascular responses were measured and blood samples for pharmacokinetic evaluation were obtained prior to cocaine dosing and at various times after dosing.
RESULTS:
The euphoric (P = .004) and stimulating (P = .03) effects of cocaine were attenuated in a dose-dependent manner by ecopipam, while ratings of desire to take cocaine were diminished (P = .02). Ecopipam in combination with cocaine was safe and well tolerated.
CONCLUSION:
These data indicate a potentially important role for D1-like receptors in the acute mood-altering and rewarding effects of cocaine in humans."

Edited by medievil, 25 August 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#36 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ingested 400mg of amisulpride, euphoria increase or decrease? Lets check it out.

Desoxy should be more helpfull for my ADHD now too.

#37 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Goddamned should have tried papaverine as it massively potentiates D1 in shizo, i knew there were indications it would work for anhedonia as i made a thread about it earlier but damn it may just be a non addictive cure for anhedonia.
(wishfull thinking guys, for now!)

#38 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

First conclusion:

GABAB, 5HT2A, D1, MU are all closely connected, amisulpride helps anhedonia as the increased da activates D1, this causes downregulation wich is often reported with ami, it upregulates the GHB receptor so if that caused the anhedonia relief it wont make sense.

Opiates dont work in shizo because D1 is hypoactive, stimulants fix this wich is why i need amp before opiates work.

I didnt notice much difference but i take forskolin wich downregulates D1 and the increased cAMP in the pfc may inhibit the pfc benefits i expect, so ill stop forskolin tomorrow.

#39 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

"J Neurol. 1992;239 Suppl 1:S17-21.
Retinal dopaminergic receptor affinity and ocular pharmacokinetic profile of piribedil.
Lapalus P, Denis P, Drici M, Fredj-Reygrobellet D, Elena PP.
Source
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculté de Médecine, Nice, France.
Abstract
Binding studies on retinal dopamine receptors have revealed the existence of both D1 and D2 receptors. Human retina micro-autoradiographs confirm the distribution of dopaminergic receptors in the plexiform layers. Piribedil, a dopaminergic agonist, is able to bind to D2 receptors, while its metabolite (S584) preferentially displaces D1-specific radioligands. These results demonstrate that piribedil has a dopamine-like pharmacological profile including direct interaction with receptors. When instilled into the rabbit eye, piribedil penetrates rapidly and accumulates in the pigmented epithelia--the iris ciliary body and chorioretina--before being rapidly cleared. Macro-autoradiographs confirm this distribution and show the levels to be compatible with the affinity of piribedil for retinal dopaminergic receptors."

And indeed i remember it being effective for anhedonia.

#40 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

piribedil sounds interesting. Doesn't sound like DAWS is an issue with this one, anecdotally. I might get some. Craze was a bit disappointing - after day 8 the PEA goodness turned into agitation and anxiety for me. It is a shame - I hope it can turn into an occasional pro-social supplement. Anyway...keep us posted on the piribedil.

#41 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

A huge dose of st johns worth definatly counteracted my anhedonia for quite a bit, it inhibits da, sero and gaba reuptake however it seems to be underdosed. On drugs forum there's a thread about megadoses and ppl report effects simular to a very low dose of MDMA also indicating the reuptake inhibition can be raised quite a bit.

I took 20 SC27 capsules and it was simular to a low dose of AMT maybe 4FA a bit, now i take 2 gram of perika a day might raise it as ive read a post about someone in a practice saying up to 5 gram a day is optimal with more people reporting benefits.

#42 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

20 Capsules? That does not sound very sustainable - neither financially nor biologically...

OTOH, the successor to SC27 claims to be based on 18g of the original herb http://www.iherb.com...-Softgels/41779

Edited by nupi, 04 September 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#43 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

I only tried that once, i just take twice the recommened dose of perika at this moment (2 gram, standard st johns worth dose is a gram).

#44 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Mhh sounds like it might be worth a shot. Any data on mixing Rhodiola and SJW?

#45 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

It should be allright, there's that st johns worth forum (kellystjohnsworth or something) where they were often mixing it.

#46 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

I took some seroforin today and i got the impression (cant say for certain as im also on stims) this actually only works for anhedonia (like sc27 that i took in megadoses) compared to perika as perika never gave me that certain feel (tought it were the lower doses was the reason it didnt help anhedonia that much).

Seems like hyperforin has the anti anhedonic property's and not hypericum.

#47 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Decided to go another route. After spending a major part of my holidays worrying about mostly mundane job-related stuff (I really should go look for another job) and sleeping miserably, I scheduled a doctors appointment and will aim for either Escitalopram, Agomelatine or Seliginine. The current dabbling with herbs is doing some good, but not enough.

#48 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

@medievil Given that you enjoy food and sex and that high doses of all kinds of euphoric drugs are part of your treatment, have you ever considered that what call anhedonia others would call simply 'not high'? (No offense meant. I do like your posts a lot.)

#49 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Just observe my post, im not a retard saying to use drugs only for therapeutic reasons, im damn straight about it most of the time i want to get high.

Saying you have anhedonia because you arent high is complete retardation, with anhedonia social interaction feels like hard work and torture, music sounds like complete shit and every minute is like torture to endure, being bored is a godsend compared to it, as thats just neutral not a unbearable feeling of lack of reward.

http://www.bluelight...rewarding-drugs

explains a bit why some things are rewarding.

Like weed makes me feel like complete shit and makes everything far from fun but eating kebab and lying in bed is the best ever on it, and the worst to do on amp, and opiates ive read dont enhance music and make lying down and not talking the best shit ever (dont like opiates and find them retarded drugs, what good memory's come from that lol

#50 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Did the papaverine do anything for you? Is Nefiracetam still working for you?

Edited by whitetealeaves, 25 October 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#51 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I was wondering if any of you had experiences with provigil/nuvigil (modafinil) in regards to anhedonia,depersonalization,derealization/brainfog/lackofconcentration/lethargy... you know the bag

#52 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Did the papaverine do anything for you? Is Nefiracetam still working for you?

I never ended up trying it, and wanted to get it today but tis discontinued here and pharmacy's need to make it themself but you need a script for that.

Bit unclear about nefi as i have benzo's now in the past i used it instead and prevented or even completely reversed amp induced psychosis in times i was very sensitive and also vefy addicted to amp.

#53 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:23 AM

Anyone have any idea how modafinil treats anhedonia

#54 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:37 AM

Anyone have any idea how modafinil treats anhedonia

Research found that modafinil elevates histamine levels in the hypothalamus in animals.[44] The locus of the monoamineaction of modafinil was also the target of studies, with effects identified on dopamine in the striatum and, in particular, nucleus accumbens,[45][46] norepinephrine in the hypothalamus andventrolateral preoptic nucleus,[47][48] and serotonin in the amygdala and frontal cortex.[49] Modafinil was screened at a large panel of receptors and transporters in an attempt to elucidate its pharmacology.[50] Of the sites tested, it was found to significantly affect only on the dopamine transporter (DAT), acting as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor (DRI) with an IC50 value of 4 μM.[50]

so, this image may explain some overlaps and factors involved:

Attached Files

Edited by psychejunkie, 23 October 2016 - 10:45 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#55 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:20 AM

What's the difference between recall memory and working memory?
  • unsure x 1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users