• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Noopept - long-term experience (more than a simple nootropic)

long-term noopept euphoria social nootropic

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#31 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Well I got 10 grams from CH. the mushroomy smelling batch... is DEFINITELY active at 10mg

#32 timothykenny

• 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

I got a gram of this a while ago from NeXuS on ebay for 12 bucks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Noopeptisgood.....where do you get your noopept? I see superiorneutraceuticals has some...any other places? I definitely want to ensure I'm getting legit product.

I purchased it from an eBay seller whose listing was taken down. I've purchased one other gram from them via email. They sell it for $19 shipping included, or $15 for larger orders. It's expensive, so I'll purchase from a cheaper source once I'm confident in the product I'll receive. PM me if you want their contact information.

Well I got 10 grams from CH. the mushroomy smelling batch... is DEFINITELY active at 10mg

I heard they were good. So I tried them. This was somewhat recently. I ordered in April, and their stock may have changed. It took some prodding, but Doug gave me a refund.

What sources have you all used?

#34 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Just to throw my thoughts in the mix:

I purchased my 5g of Noopept from NootraBioLabs on eBay. It came in a silver heat-sealed pouch (didn't have a reuseable ziplock across the top). It smells mushroom/feet-y. It definitely has psychoactive properties. I'm still trying to figure out how to best use it, because it is hard for me to quantify what it does. It has interesting effects when combined with other noots. I found myself to be a little more aggressive/passionate the first couple days, but not angry or irritable. It's easy for me to control the aggression, since I am normally not an emotionally driven person. However, for people who have problems losing their tempers, I could see how this might be a bad thing. In the end, it's a good thing for me, because it allows me to be more emotionally invested in things (I'm normally very apathetic).

I haven't purchased noopept from superiorneutraceuticals, but they had awesome customer service and their house blend of "Brain Octane Pramiracetam" works awesomely, so I trust them. They had a typo on their website where I thought I was going to get more than I actually received. When I contacted them, they fixed the website, and they offered to send me another bottle for free (of a $35 product). I asked them for a different product instead, and they said "No Problem." When I got it, it was for the $60 quantity of the different product. That's a heck of an upgrade in my book.

Edited by zrbarnes, 09 July 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#35 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Just to throw my thoughts in the mix:

I purchased my 5g of Noopept from NootraBioLabs on eBay. It came in a silver heat-sealed pouch (didn't have a reuseable ziplock across the top). It smells mushroom/feet-y. It definitely has psychoactive properties. I'm still trying to figure out how to best use it, because it is hard for me to quantify what it does. It has interesting effects when combined with other noots. I found myself to be a little more aggressive/passionate the first couple days, but not angry or irritable. It's easy for me to control the aggression, since I am normally not an emotionally driven person. However, for people who have problems losing their tempers, I could see how this might be a bad thing. In the end, it's a good thing for me, because it allows me to be more emotionally invested in things.

I have the same exact feelings, especially the part I bolded(lol no idea how to correctly phrase that really, I dont think bolded is a word? anywa..),. yeah it has positive effects, yet unlike piracetam it seems to be hard to grasp the main effects, where piracetam I can easily tell it improves my writing and verbal capabilities along with my senses and mood. Noopept feels like it modifies these things in weird ways or something..hahah don't know. It's certainly like.. very active, it's almost like it never feels like it fully kicks in though, so maybe that is part of the weirdness for me.. being stuck feeling like I'm on the way to an awesome mindstate to work with but it is somehow begging to be slightly better yet never gets there? I know with recreational drugs.. ones that aren't, to simplify, active enough in the right ways can produce a max effect below what most would consider worthwhile(sometimes only slightly).. just a thought I had. Plus I know Noopept + amphetamine is fantastic, as well as caffeine(less so.. but hahah), so it seems like for me I need a little boost for it to feel useful and full.

#36 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Not to be a downer but I'm finding the stuff pretty useless. Actually sometimes it's hard for me to believe that all the good things people say about this stuff is true. Or maybe I'm just jealous. Then again I have only been on it for 2 days. Maybe after the 14 day mark things will improve, though I'm highly skeptical about it [bordering on cynicism]. I love how everyone says they take it sublingually and notice a super strong nootropic effect. My first instinct is to take more but I think I'm gonna play it rational and just take the recommended dose for 14 days.

#37 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Not to be a downer but I'm finding the stuff pretty useless. Actually sometimes it's hard for me to believe that all the good things people say about this stuff is true. Or maybe I'm just jealous. Then again I have only been on it for 2 days. Maybe after the 14 day mark things will improve, though I'm highly skeptical about it [bordering on cynicism]. I love how everyone says they take it sublingually and notice a super strong nootropic effect. My first instinct is to take more but I think I'm gonna play it rational and just take the recommended dose for 14 days.

It's subtle at first.. Give it time. I'd stick to small/normal doses, they seem to work best.

#38 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

Oh man I'm really looking forward to trying this. It seems finally some worthwhile noots are seeping out of the woodwork of the internets!

I have a coupla questions; How often are people taking this? Do you break every couple of days or take it every day? Also are people planning on cycling the 3 month on 1 month off as is recommended? Does anyone know why this may be?

Edited by OpaqueMind, 10 July 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#39 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Oh man I'm really looking forward to trying this. It seems finally some worthwhile noots are seeping out of the woodwork of the internets!

I have a coupla questions; How often are people taking this? Do you break every couple of days or take it every day? Also are people planning on cycling the 3 month on 1 month off as is recommended? Does anyone know why this may be?

As far as I know, the best proposed reason for cycling is based on the following:

Noopept increases BDNF.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/19240853/

BDNF and NGF, for starters. Increasing AC pathway efficiency is another effect.

Constant exposure to BDNF causes down-regulation of TrkB.

This could be quite helpful, as it would appear that constant exposure to BDNF lead to down-regulation of TrkB:
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/8752592

#40 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Oh dear. That's not good at all :(

Is down-regulation not a semi-permanent phenomena?

My neurochemistry knowledge is for all intents and purposes non-existant (I know the words but not the relationships). However I do know that an MDMA overdose causes major seretonin system chaos (experienced first hand) which has semi-permanent effects - your S system will recover but it will never return to pre-OD calibre. So is this because of the destruction of the seretonin transporter cells or because of the down-regulation of those cells? And can this model be extrapolated to other NT systems?

I guess something supposedly this subjectively effective must have pretty major effects downstream. Damn you homeostasis, I hate you and I love you!

Edited by OpaqueMind, 10 July 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#41 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

We'll never establish how certain chemicals act on us in a concrete way with these fucking rat models!
I have a solution; we test this cornucopia of potentially amazing/destructive chemicals on the brain's of rapists/pedophiles/mass-murderers who were found guilty with 100% certainty ie. via video evidence.

I mean we're putting our lives and minds in the hands of fucking rats! That strikes me as just a little bit insane. Still, I guess we acknowledge this when we delve into such uncertain territories and push the boundaries of our collective nootropical understanding. For the frontier lads! :)
  • like x 6
  • dislike x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#42 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Oh dear. That's not good at all :(

Is down-regulation not a semi-permanent phenomena?

My neurochemistry knowledge is for all intents and purposes non-existant (I know the words but not the relationships). However I do know that an MDMA overdose causes major seretonin system chaos (experienced first hand) which has semi-permanent effects - your S system will recover but it will never return to pre-OD calibre. So is this because of the destruction of the seretonin transporter cells or because of the down-regulation of those cells? And can this model be extrapolated to other NT systems?

I guess something supposedly this subjectively effective must have pretty major effects downstream. Damn you homeostasis, I hate you and I love you!

Yeah, most of this is in the "don't really know for sure" category, but anecdotal reports seem to indicated that it's not as big of a deal as something like serotonin syndrome. You just stop getting the benefits, so you cycle in order to keep getting them.

#43 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Neuroplasticity and homeostatis - you'll bounce back to normal. It's great and annoying at the same time.

#44 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

I don't know... certain recreational drugs can cause permanent tolerance or downregulation. I think you will return close to normal after using noopept, but might never regain that initial sensitivity to NGF and BDNF. If that were the case I'd still consider it worthwhile.

#45 levijk

• 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Has anyone experienced sensitivity to light?

I bought my noopept off ebay and it has a sort of honey smell. I don't own a scale so I just used the included micro-scoop. After overdoing it for the first 8 days (once I took 3 scoops b.i.d) I took a month break during which I tried other nootropics: magnesium L-threonate, picamilon, piracetam. I quit the picamilon and MgT and began the noopept trial again, reducing the dose by 2/3. That day I went for an uphill jog in the park and my eyes were seared by a patch of sunlight reflected off some foliage. I blinked and viewed the patch from my peripheral vision with no searing. From winking and turning my head, I eventually realized that each eye had its own tiny area of superphotosensitivity, two slowly growing irregularly shaped "blobs" (more or less circular or Pacman shaped) in the centers, which reached a certain size then began to shrink in an irregular way, leaving tiny dots of sensitivity which eventually vanished altogether. The trial lasted 3 months, and I experienced this phenomenon a couple other times, including the day after I stopped, but only when doing intense cardio.

Near the end of the trial I noticed that car and train headlights became painful, even in broad daylight, necessitating sunglasses at all times, including night. The trial ending a week ago; the sensitivity is still there, but is no longer painful.

Am I the only one?
  • like x 1

#46 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I don't know... certain recreational drugs can cause permanent tolerance or downregulation. I think you will return close to normal after using noopept, but might never regain that initial sensitivity to NGF and BDNF. If that were the case I'd still consider it worthwhile.

This is what concerns me. Drugs like ketamine for example can semi-permanently down-regulate NMDA receptors, that's why some hardcore K addicts need upwards of half a gram injections just to feel the high. And this is after a 'tolerance' break mind you.

What if it is the same with BDNF regulation? What if meditation and exercise no longer yield the same positive results after a serious trial with noopept? I'm not sure if increased BDNF has a subjective element, but it would be interesting to know if anyone has experienced any qualitative changes in the feelings they get immediately after exercise or meditation after a course of noopept...

#47 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Well for one there is only one study from russia even saying it raises BDNF. To even start predictions based that it does stimulate production of BDNF in such a strong way as ketamine antagonizes the NMDA receptors in recreational doses is impossible. Somehow I think if it were in a way which was medically significant there would be more proof.
  • like x 1

#48 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Well for one there is only one study from russia even saying it raises BDNF. To even start predictions based that it does stimulate production of BDNF in such a strong way as ketamine antagonizes the NMDA receptors in recreational doses is impossible. Somehow I think if it were in a way which was medically significant there would be more proof.

I wasn't predicting, rather speculating. Perhaps a tad paranoid I do admit, although messing with BDNF is nothing to be taken lightly. However I see what you're saying about if it was a real discernible effect there'd probably be more studies about it. That at least is reassuring, for the moment.

#49 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Paranoia is good, people could use more of it(in a lot of cases.. not all, ha). I just have a strong feeling that it's a case of science trying to prove a single hypothesis true by either handpicking data and such or plain making up the proof... I mean the study was done in 2008 apparently, not much earlier, like some of the others, meaning that by now they know that people interested in noopept in the first place will "Wow!" over a substance that raises NGF and BDNF. Maybe I'm being paranoid... hahah, but yeah my previous point still stands that there is still only one study on mice. Lion's mane has some rather convincing studies on it raising NGF, in comparison.

#50 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Even though I was being cynical in my last post, I think noopept does have some use. I've continued taking it, mostly at somewhere between 25-35 mg/ every morning, though on 2 days I took 100 mg; and today and for a while I've decided to take only 15 mg. I actually separate the dose by dissolving 1mg per mL of water in a bottle and then scooping it out with a tablespoon [15 mL measuring spoon]. This really makes for much more convenient dosing than constantly weighing out doses and trying to put them into tiny pills. It's really a waste of time doing that.

As noted by others, it did cause somewhat of an impaired short term memory [especially in the higher dose]. Now I am taking only 15 mg a day [starting today]. I've realized that I don't see a need for taking more at this time, and like others have said, the side effects seem to increase with the dose increase- but the desired effect seems the same.

What I notice from noopept is actually reduced anxiety at times and more motivation. Also, I dream way more than usual. I'm having a sense of being normalized , however I don't feel the effect is very strong or therapeutic at this time... only minimally helping. If I could say anything subjective about noopept I would say that I feel it's waking up some part of me that has been dead for a while. It seems that maybe my emotions and cognitive function are coming back. I feel more calm on it. I feel a sense of stimulation, but not a sort of stimulation you would get from amphetamines. Actually I just feel more comfortable doing stuff than usual.

effect is definite and it is useful, and I don't see a problem with dosing between 10 and 20 mg a day.
but I don't at this time feel it's a drastic effect.

I agree with whoever said it's like the cognitive enhancing effect of LSD without the perceptual distortions- except this effect only has some particular feelings from LSD which is hard to describe. Certain parts of the mind are in the ON position that were OFF before, but it isn't overbearing, nor is it yet a super strong mind clearing effect or anything- it is a mild effect but definite. I also somewhat agree about the paranoia except I feel the paranoia is not very pronounced or consistent as there were only brief moments of it. I agree that it does cause irritability/short fuse at times but mostly with the higher dose. I disagree with whoever said maybe paranoia is a good thing , I also disagree with anyone who says the reason you get agitated or irritable is because you're suddenly smarter than others. That is a load of crap [rationalization] in my opinion.

One time I said noopept worsened my insomnia, however I think this might be inaccurate because last night I slept a good amount with out much problems and the night before wasn't too bad either [and both nights were 100mg nights]. So prior insomnia may have been coincidence. On the weekend I was taking 60mg of methylene blue for 3 days and i think that might have been part of the issue but I'm not sure.

Currently the only other supplement I'm taking is 800 mg oxiracetam. Sometimes I might drink a small amount of coffee in the morning.

I'm hoping that the benefits do increase as time goes on, as I'm requiring much more of a boost.

Edited by protoject, 20 July 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#51 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have pretty much same effects as you protoject from all of your posts, btw.

I want to clarify though I don't get paranoia from it, I was referring to the fact that a small amount of paranoia is highly beneficial(especially when considering using new under-researched drugs). While paranoia usually refers to irrational anxiety, it also would be terribly terribly bad if one had no inkling paranoia in their life, which was my point. I suppose slight "paranoia" to the point where it isn't negative is probably a poor word choice, however in my mind slight paranoia when logically scaled down is also known as being careful and thinking about the risks of things rather than being completely careless..but I'm no dictionary so hahah..

#52 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

Naw I know what you're saying, I think we would call it Rational Fear though lol. Maybe not completely accurate, but rational at least. But ya sometimes regular fear can become paranoia. And the paranoia might some time be rational. i know! It makes NO sense... I guess sometimes it does work

#53 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

I've found much improved memory/recall at what I'm estimating as 10-20mg. When my microgram scales turn up, I'll find out what the exact dose is.
Additionally, my tolerance and focus is improved.

Side note: 50mg(ish) after drinking seemed to provide temporary sobriety.

#54 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

I really like the effects of noopept overall but the annihilation of libido it causes is a bit worrying. Does a libido drop mean that testosterone is being messed with? If so are there any supplements that might remedy this?

#55 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Oh forgot to say, I am noticing NO detrimental effect on my libido at all, at any dose.

#56 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Yep, me neither, but everyone is different. :)

OpaqueMind - try that tongkat ali supplement I was talking about in the other thread.

#57 DanishGirl25

• 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for all the helpful posts from you guys!
This is my first time posting. I hope someone can help me with a couple of questions:

I have taken about 15mg of noopept twice a day, morning and evening for 6 days now, and I can't feel any difference. I read all these amazing things about it, and as I am currently writing my dissertation I was really looking forward to feeling more motivated, able to concentrate better, able to write better and all that...
But nothing!
It is my first time taking any kind of nootropic.

Can it be that the product I got wasn't the real deal? I bought it off amazon from something called Health Supplement Wholesales. It came in a little silver zip-lock bag, it is a white powder that tastes reaaaaaally bitter. It smells sweet though, but not like the mushroom-smell I have heard some people say it should have...Could it be a scam?

Or have I just not taken it long enough to feel the effects? Has anyone any experience with it where it took longer than 6 days to feel any difference?
Must say I am rather disappointed...:( I have ordered noopept from an other company now,intellimeds.uk. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Or it is possible that some people are just not receptive to it?

If anyone has had a similar experience with noopept, is there something else you can recommend?
I am looking for cognitive and concentration improvement.

Thanks so much!

#58 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for all the helpful posts from you guys!
This is my first time posting. I hope someone can help me with a couple of questions:

I have taken about 15mg of noopept twice a day, morning and evening for 6 days now, and I can't feel any difference. I read all these amazing things about it, and as I am currently writing my dissertation I was really looking forward to feeling more motivated, able to concentrate better, able to write better and all that...
But nothing!
It is my first time taking any kind of nootropic.

Can it be that the product I got wasn't the real deal? I bought it off amazon from something called Health Supplement Wholesales. It came in a little silver zip-lock bag, it is a white powder that tastes reaaaaaally bitter. It smells sweet though, but not like the mushroom-smell I have heard some people say it should have...Could it be a scam?

Or have I just not taken it long enough to feel the effects? Has anyone any experience with it where it took longer than 6 days to feel any difference?
Must say I am rather disappointed...:( I have ordered noopept from an other company now,intellimeds.uk. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Or it is possible that some people are just not receptive to it?

If anyone has had a similar experience with noopept, is there something else you can recommend?
I am looking for cognitive and concentration improvement.

Thanks so much!

Some people unfortunately don't respond to substances that will readily affect others, unfortunately.
The colour / taste sounds consistent with the noopept I have here, which works well for me.

I would suggest taking it longer and see how you go after a few weeks. I'm taking 10-20mg, twice a day.

#59 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

This isn't indicative of a problem or that the product isn't effective. For instance, with piracetam, a friend of mine and also my wife both do not feel a thing (they claim hehe) when using it. I cannot fathom this as there is a definite change that is noticeable. But anyway.. after 2 days at a tiny dosage it won't kick in right away for some people. Noopept is different in that regard. Give it a week I'd say. But if you don't respond you just won't.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

Has anyone experienced sensitivity to light?

I bought my noopept off ebay and it has a sort of honey smell. I don't own a scale so I just used the included micro-scoop. After overdoing it for the first 8 days (once I took 3 scoops b.i.d) I took a month break during which I tried other nootropics: magnesium L-threonate, picamilon, piracetam. I quit the picamilon and MgT and began the noopept trial again, reducing the dose by 2/3. That day I went for an uphill jog in the park and my eyes were seared by a patch of sunlight reflected off some foliage. I blinked and viewed the patch from my peripheral vision with no searing. From winking and turning my head, I eventually realized that each eye had its own tiny area of superphotosensitivity, two slowly growing irregularly shaped "blobs" (more or less circular or Pacman shaped) in the centers, which reached a certain size then began to shrink in an irregular way, leaving tiny dots of sensitivity which eventually vanished altogether. The trial lasted 3 months, and I experienced this phenomenon a couple other times, including the day after I stopped, but only when doing intense cardio.

Near the end of the trial I noticed that car and train headlights became painful, even in broad daylight, necessitating sunglasses at all times, including night. The trial ending a week ago; the sensitivity is still there, but is no longer painful.

Am I the only one?

I think I may have. Not in the same way you have described, but in the vividness of colors. And not in some sort of preternatural or psychedelic way, but in the accuracy of perception. Sometimes it can be sort of overwhelming, but I attributed that to lasting changes from etizolam usage. Etizolam withdrawal made reds much too vibrant, to the point where it seemed like it could be damaging to my eyes.

I think that noopept is beneficial in damaged brains and in aiding learning. If you aren't trying to learn something new, then I don't think you should be taking noopept. My reasoning behind this is unclear to me but is amalgamated from different things I've read. If you're just want to feel smarter while lazing about, I suggest oxiracetam.
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: long-term, noopept, euphoria, social, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users