Ben Best stepping down as CI President -- Dennis Kowalski candidate

cryonics institute

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

CI President Ben Best has announced that he will not be seeking reelection as President in September. CI Director Dennis Kowalski has announced his candidacy for President to succeed Ben after the September 22, 2012 Annual General Meeting. Ben will continue to serve as a CI Director.

After serving as CI's President for 9 years, Ben has decided to take a position at Life Extension Foundation and move to Florida. Ben expects to be able to devote more time to the scientific research issues surroundings cryonics which have always been of great interest to him.

During Ben's tenure as CI's President, CI's patients have more than doubled and CI's membership has nearly tripled. Among many achievements, Ben initiated a number of improvements in CI's processes and procedures, including changes in its perfusion protocol and perfusates and computer-controlled cooling. Ben has also done substantial work to systematize CI's internal processes and procedures and to direct CI's research program.

Dennis is a member of CI's Board of Directors, and has been very active in CI's new marketing, facility enhancement and web site initiatives. Dennis is a Fire Fighter and EMT paramedic with substantial experience in emergency medical procedures.

The new President will be supported by CI's facility manager, Andy Zawacki, its Board, and the Board's Executive Committee.

"I join CI's Board in thanking Ben for all his service and dedication to CI, and we all appreciate the financial sacrifices he has made for CI," Said CI's senior Board Member and Treasurer Pat Heller. "Dennis has shown great enthusiasm for CI in his tenure on the Board," said Ben. "I look forward to continue working with the other members of CI's Board and its new President to continue the organization's growth."

CI's Board will elect a new President in September. The officers are chosen from among CI's Directors. Currently, no other directors have announced their candidacy for President.

The Board of Directors plan a tribute to Ben at the Annual Meeting in September. Further details will be forthcoming.

Ben has been CI's third president since its formation 36 years ago.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

It will take some time to get used to Ben not being the face of CI. I think Dennis will do a great job and I would vote for him.

#3 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Ben, can you say more about your future work at LEF and elsewhere?

#4 benbest

• Registrant, Advisor
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

My main job will be attending biogerontology conferences and
writing them up for LIFE EXTENSION magazine. It is a dream
job -- my dream. I suggested it to Bill Faloon, he liked
the idea, and he hired me.
  • like x 1

#5 enoonsti

• 81 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

Thank you for all of your hard work, Ben. I look forward to your writings in Life Extension and elsewhere.
  • like x 1

#6 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

The LEF Jan 2013 issue of their Magazine features Ben's report on the 4th American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Conference in Thainland and the Ellison Medical Foundation Colloquium on Aging where you also can find a short preable by Willian Faloon on why he has hired Ben.

#7 benbest

• Registrant, Advisor
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

The LEF Jan 2013 issue of their Magazine features Ben's report on the 4th American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Conference in Thainland and the Ellison Medical Foundation Colloquium on Aging where you also can find a short preable by Willian Faloon on why he has hired Ben.

Here is the link:

http://www.lef.org/m...on-Aging_01.htm
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cryonics institute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users