• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

PRL-8-53; was: PRL 8-147: The Most Powerful Memory Enhancer?

• Please log in to reply
1725 replies to this topic

#931 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

Just wondering the progress of the trial. NovoChemy webpage is down for several days already for some reason.

#932 autopilot

• 29 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hi! I'm TyDi

i hope its not to late but i would like to group buy 2g of this as well, i have been watching for some time and finally have a bit saved up (enough to get a membership as well)!

I cannot wait to see how it compares to others after heavy amounts of reading :-D

I was hoping I could join in too but It doesnt appear that there is going to be another group buy anytime soon.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#933 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Has it been shipped yet?

#934 sgijoe

• 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Is it too late to contribute?

#935 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

If you're thinking of using 'Dual N-Back', I think you should start now if you haven't already and reach your natural plateau before experimenting. Significant improvement as a result of practice alone isn't uncommon.

Agreed. I have plateaued (ugh) twice since I started n-backing.

Attached Files

#936 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

How is this order going? Any timetable or predictions of timetable?

Edited by mait, 01 June 2013 - 12:56 PM.

• like x 1

#937 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Please Read Post in Full before Posting a Reply to This Thread.

So here it is NovoChemy was unable to manufacture the PRL-8-53 but they are rewiring the funds back at this very moment. (Below excerpts from our emails) They have made several attempts to synthesis PRL-8-53 but were unsuccessful. I was made aware of this late thursday night.

Dear Willam,

It seems that our chemists have to give up this project. They said to me this product is very difficult to be synthesized than expected.

We've tried several methods to do it.

Now, may I ask if you have paid the money? If yes, we will return it to you.

I feel so sorry about that. But do hope you could understand us.

The "may I ask if you have paid the money? If yes, we will return it to you" is referring to the second payment for Europe’s 10 grams that was to be sent upon completion of the project.

Dear Willam,

Yes, we will return the money to you. Please send us your bank information.

I feel so sorry about this. To avoid wasting your time, we have to cancel this project but I have forwarded this product to some of my friends who have labs.

They said they will try to produce it, if we have some good news, I will let you know.

I inquired to ask if they would reimburse us the funds and the answer was yes as you can see. It will still be a few days yet tell the money is received at my end due to wire transfers taking some time.

The Third Time's A Charm.
- Possible Scenario

There will be $1700 dollars from the original group buy after the returning funds are received.
If everyone is up to it I propose we give this one more shot. This time go with a US or Europe based supplier. I have quotes from reputable suppliers that all quote 100g in the range of $3000 to $4000. I have also sent out emails for 30g requests with our budget of $1700.

At the range ($3000 to $4000) we would have to pull in more participants (and yes there are many who want to join in) to raise enough funds. If were to go with 100g we can have up to 25 additional participants making a total of 50 participants (2g of PRL-8-53 each!!!) with a grand total of $3700 in funds that we can use towards a very good company {$80 per new participant. Same as before is what these calculations are based on}. If we aim for the lower end, $3000, we could go with 20 participants $80 per new participant which would give us a $3300 budget.

I have sent emails to the fallowing potential suppliers:
Kingstonchem.com (quoted 100g @ $3279)
Biosci.com (waiting)
T&W (waiting. I know they are China based but are very reliable. They make most of the Sunifiram on the market currently. Plus they will weight out everyone’s sample and mail them out individually!!! They have handled group buys before and not to mention that they accept PayPal.)
Letopharm.com (quoted 100g @ $3100)
Hm-chem.com (quoted 100g @ $3000)
[More requests than this have been sent but listing the top few]

Let’s not let this root in our path permanently knock us down. No let us get up and reach our goal and be ever the smarter and stronger for doing so!!! ;)

If we choose to continue with this then project then PayItSquare will be used so as to speed this group buy along much faster than using snail mail and wires. This should take only a week or two to get the new funds collected and the synthesis of PRL-8-53 back into production with a new supplier.

Sorry if this is a bit messy or unclear, just in hurry to get this resolved as you can imagine.

#938 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

I am very much in favor of a continuation of the project!

#939 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Minor but interesting setback. Silver lining in allowing more potentially interested participants.

#940 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

I want my 2 grams of PRL-8-53!!! :^))
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#941 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

count me in on the new group by if the opportunity exists....

#942 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Minor setbacks are an expected part of life...there are almost always way more ways for things to go wrong than right. Add more people, try again however many times it takes to get what we want. Btw, Q...you effin rock for being all over this!

#943 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

So here it is NovoChemy was unable to manufacture the PRL-8-53 but they are rewiring the funds back at this very moment. (Below excerpts from our emails) They have made several attempts to synthesis PRL-8-53 but were unsuccessful. I was made aware of this late thursday night.

Dear Willam,

It seems that our chemists have to give up this project. They said to me this product is very difficult to be synthesized than expected.

The "may I ask if you have paid the money? If yes, we will return it to you" is referring to the second payment for Europe’s 10 grams that was to be sent upon completion of the project.

Dear Willam,

I feel so sorry about this. To avoid wasting your time, we have to cancel this project but I have forwarded this product to some of my friends who have labs.

They said they will try to produce it, if we have some good news, I will let you know.

I inquired to ask if they would reimburse us the funds and the answer was yes as you can see. It will still be a few days yet tell the money is received at my end due to wire transfers taking some time.

- Possible Scenario

There will be $1700 dollars from the original group buy after the returning funds are received.
If everyone is up to it I propose we give this one more shot. This time go with a US or Europe based supplier. I have quotes from reputable suppliers that all quote 100g in the range of $3000 to $4000. I have also sent out emails for 30g requests with our budget of $1700.

At the range ($3000 to $4000) we would have to pull in more participants (and yes there are many who want to join in) to raise enough funds. If were to go with 100g we can have up to 25 additional participants making a total of 50 participants (2g of PRL-8-53 each!!!) with a grand total of $3700 in funds that we can use towards a very good company {$80 per new participant. Same as before is what these calculations are based on}. If we aim for the lower end, $3000, we could go with 20 participants $80 per new participant which would give us a $3300 budget.

Biosci.com (waiting)
T&W (waiting. I know they are China based but are very reliable. They make most of the Sunifiram on the market currently. Plus they will weight out everyone’s sample and mail them out individually!!! They have handled group buys before and not to mention that they accept PayPal.)

Let’s not let this root in our path permanently knock us down. No let us get up and reach our goal and be ever the smarter and stronger for doing so!!! ;)

If we choose to continue with this then project then PayItSquare will be used so as to speed this group buy along much faster than using snail mail and wires. This should take only a week or two to get the new funds collected and the synthesis of PRL-8-53 back into production with a new supplier.

Sorry if this is a bit messy or unclear, just in hurry to get this resolved as you can imagine.

Dissapointing, but I am so glad and impressed at your enthusiasm to keep the ball rolling. Obviously, this isn't your fault.

I am alright with waiting for a larger group, then asking another lab to synthesize prl 8-53.
  • like x 1

#944 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

Dear Willam,

Dear Willam,

- Possible Scenario

Biosci.com (waiting)

q did it, have you considered the respected chem supplier we all know from europe?

#945 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

q did it, have you considered the respected chem supplier we all know from europe?

In fact I have and it is being looked into currently.

#946 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

We should wait a day or so to get a general consensus, quotes and the voices of persons interested in joining in on the group buy. If you are interested please PM me so I can keep a tally and I will PM you once we get this bird off the ground. ;)

#947 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

i really appreciate all the hard work you are putting into this q. thank you.

#948 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

i really appreciate all the hard work you are putting into this q. thank you.

Thank you!

I will be sure to keep you all posted on what's going on. If persons in the original group buy would like to buy a second share (2g), for themselves or on behalf of a friend, that is fine the amount is still the same, $80.

Reminder PayItSquare will be used this time around due to its ease of use (accepts paypal, debit, credit etc..) and that it has been proven to work for what we are doing (see NSI-189 thread).

#949 autopilot

• 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

I was too late to join the original group buy. But please let me participate in this next attempt. Thanks.

#950 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

I was too late to join the original group buy. But please let me participate in this next attempt. Thanks.

You're in just send me a PM so can keep everything on record. Also the PM you send will be used later on when things move along.

Cheers
  • like x 1

#951 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

count me in on the new group by if the opportunity exists....

Got you but please send me a PM (it makes things easier to track and such) thanks. ;)

Already got five spots taken.

Remember we are just making up a list at the moment. The new supplier is still being sourced and potential payment through PayItSquare has to be settled.

Edited by Q did it!, 02 June 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#952 Tivows

• 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

I'm brand new on this site still learning the ropes, but if there is room, I'd like to be in!

#953 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

UPDATE:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I am working with Q DID IT! on sourcing a replacement CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB to replace NOVOCHEMY; wherein I have agreed to manage the custom synthesis myself and would be placing the order with the respective lab. ;)

We will be posting a further UPDATE as soon as possible, but please be reassured that the lab will be reputable, the PURITY will be high, and I would be intending to have the product independently tested by a reputable third party lab in the UK. :)

Watch this space. ;)
  • like x 1

#954 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

UPDATE:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I am working with Q DID IT! on sourcing a replacement CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB to replace NOVOCHEMY; wherein I have agreed to manage the custom synthesis myself and would be placing the order with the respective lab. ;)

We will be posting a further UPDATE as soon as possible, but please be reassured that the lab will be reputable, the PURITY will be high, and I would be intending to have the product independently tested by a reputable third party lab in the UK. :)

Watch this space. ;)

Man you beat me to the punch. :happy: But yes what he said and we will be sure to keep you all posted.
  • like x 1

#955 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

Sry, my mistake. Did not read the previous posts, while making my question. I am most certainly staying in this group buy. Sorry for my misjudged behaviour and question Q did it!. Your work and effort in obtaining PRL-8-53 is most appreciated here.

#956 Artificiality

• 86 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'm torn as I was really anticipating the results, but I'm pretty excited that I have a chance to join in on the group buy now :)

#957 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Quite dissapointed in the lab, but good job Q did it!. I do not have $80 to spend on such thing, but if anyone is willing to split I am in.

#958 uralsky

• 81 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Count me in pls for a group buy

#959 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for your efforts Q DID IT! and ScienceGuy. I'm quiet shocked with Novochemy. This reeks incompetence, as they couldn't probably have been thorough enough in planning the synthesis prior to starting / undertaking this job, and misjudged their own competence / capabilities. Ahh, I really had hopes of getting the compound this spring, but now we're lucky if we get it before the end of fall.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#960 phil8462643

• 113 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Count me in too pls! May the force be with you, sci guy and Q!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users