• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is it possible to get rid of adipose tissue without liposuction?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

I've read that we are all born with a certain amount of adipose tissue and that it can multiply if we gain too much fat but it cannot be broken down. Is this true?
I gain fat so easily and it's so annoying having to watch my caloric intake all the time. Also I fear that my excess adipose tissue causes me to produce excessive aromatase.

I've been taking a caffeine/ephedrine stack for 3 months now. Can E/C help remove adipose tissue or does it just encourage the body to release more triglycerides from the tissue to use as energy?

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

I've read that we are all born with a certain amount of adipose tissue and that it can multiply if we gain too much fat but it cannot be broken down. Is this true?
I gain fat so easily and it's so annoying having to watch my caloric intake all the time. Also I fear that my excess adipose tissue causes me to produce excessive aromatase.

I've been taking a caffeine/ephedrine stack for 3 months now. Can E/C help remove adipose tissue or does it just encourage the body to release more triglycerides from the tissue to use as energy?

I've heard a similar thing. I don't know if it's an old wife's tale or what. However, I don't think it really matters that much. If you use up your fat stores, you will get thin regardless of the number of adipose cells, and if you lose adipose cells, it isn't going to be a free ticket to eat junk without gaining weight. If you gain weight easily, my first question would be: What's your diet look like? Specifically, what is your macronutrient ratio? Are you getting a lot of simple sugars? You need to get enough protein for your goals; more for bulking up, less for living a long time. Most people find that if they aren't eating enough healthy fats, they have a harder time staying thin. I'm not saying that you should be hyperlipid; you should be getting a lot of complex carbs; just don't fear fat.

I doubt the C/E stack is going to get rid of fat cells, but again, I don't think it really matters. In cases where fat is maldistributed, liposuction is a good choice. Otherwise, it's all about diet.

#3 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yep, fat cells supposedly stop multiplying after puberty. The only way you can change that amount is either through obesity (BMI 30+) or liposuction. I'm not sure what you were like as a kid, but if you were on the chubbier side, then I'd imagine it's harder for you to lose weight now. However, you have no way of measuring your fat cells. On average, a human being has about 1 billion fat cells per pound.
The whole idea of liposuction is a mystery. Usually women who do it gain weight in other places of their body including viscerally, especially the ones who were previously quite healthy. The less fat cells in the body, the more stuffing the calories are going to do. Thus, you'll have to lessen your caloric load or up your exercise regime.
For men though, I'd be curious to see if it'd be a good thing. Men usually have less subcutaneous fat than women, primarily because they don't need as much hormonally (aromatization as you mentioned). Liposuction on women is not a wise thing, IMO.
At the same time, go look at congenital lipodystrophy. I'd think men need some subcutaneous fat.
All I can say is that if you aren't ridiculously over the recommended BMI, all that is needed is your metabolism to speed up through vigorous exercise and less starchy carbs, more of the greenies and lean proteins. I'd imagine your # of fat cells isn't the problem. I'd think trying to remove them could do more harm than good.
And maybe wait til the brown fat pills are on the market.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Adipocyte apoptosis is the holy grail of fat loss medication, if you can get it to work without excessive harm to the individual. The only thing that comes to mind that was thought to work was specific CLA isomers in murine models which do nothing for humans. Adipocytes will increase in number during certain periods such as puberty, pregnancy, or extreme obesity. If you find yourself with excessive adiposity, you can still get quite lean, but you'll likely have a harder time maintaining the leanness as the relatively empty adipocytes will induce a signaling environment that looks much like a malnourished state with regard to energy balance.

#5 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Adipocyte apoptosis is the holy grail of fat loss medication, if you can get it to work without excessive harm to the individual. The only thing that comes to mind that was thought to work was specific CLA isomers in murine models which do nothing for humans. Adipocytes will increase in number during certain periods such as puberty, pregnancy, or extreme obesity. If you find yourself with excessive adiposity, you can still get quite lean, but you'll likely have a harder time maintaining the leanness as the relatively empty adipocytes will induce a signaling environment that looks much like a malnourished state with regard to energy balance.

Hm. I would think that with someone who has always had excessive adiposity from puberty on, that their body's metabolism would more or less adjust to their physiological state. At the same time, your last sentence seems logical, too. It'd be interesting to see studies on that.

More fat cells aren't necessarily a bad thing, however. Would the removal or death of fat cells also change the body's metabolism and insulin levels? If not, I would think you'd be in trouble.

I think this is a pretty good summary of the importance of fat cells when referring to fat cell death, even though it's referring to a more mechanical means:
http://www.obesitypa...ou-healthy.html

#6 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

From what I understand, you cannot decrease the adipose tissue per say, just the fatty-acids stored within. The more fatty-acids that are stored within the adipocyte, causes the adipoctye to enlarge and expand or stretch (and it also changes it’s adipocytokine expression).

There is a condition called lipotoxicity that occurs when the adipose-tissue literally becomes overstuffed with fatty-acids. These fatty-acids leak out of the adipose-tissue and circulate freely in the bloodstream and accumulate in various organs like the liver, heart, pancreas, muscles, and kidneys. When these free fatty-acids have accumulated inside organs and inside the cells of the body, the body becomes resistant to the beneficial effects of insulin, because these fatty-acids inhibit insulin signaling. Without insulin, the body falls apart at an accelerated rate. Often times the pancreas will compensate for the lack of insulin signaling, by increasing it’s output… or secretion. But since the normal healthy cells of the body are resistant to the effects of insulin, abnormal unhealthy cells can take advantage of all this excess insulin and use it to multiply and grow, which often leads to cancer.

#7 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hm. I would think that with someone who has always had excessive adiposity from puberty on, that their body's metabolism would more or less adjust to their physiological state. At the same time, your last sentence seems logical, too. It'd be interesting to see studies on that.

What do you mean by adjust metabolically?

More fat cells aren't necessarily a bad thing, however. Would the removal or death of fat cells also change the body's metabolism and insulin levels? If not, I would think you'd be in trouble.

Certainly, I don't think that we can say whether adipocyte number necessarily says anything about health or longevity. Adipocyte proliferation is largely a protective mechanism. If you remove adipocytes via liposuction, you leave yourself with a smaller storage medium. If you have fewer adipocytes and the remainder are nearer capacity, the insulin required for transport and the length of time glucose is in the bloodstream could increase vs. pre-liposuction. This is why you may see people who are "insulin-sensitive" put on WAT fairly easily, yet have robust health. But, it's not like people who have liposuction no longer have the ability to induce adipocyte proliferation. In that case, it's just a pointless cycle.

#8 chung_pao

• 352 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

The thermogenic is useless if you have the wrong diet. It only increases your metabolic rate by a few 100 calories, at the cost of caffeine addiction.

The reason you put on weight easily is a bad hormonal profile.

You need to spend time at a lower body-fat percentage to adjust that.
With liposuction, you'll just gain it back.

Get rid of your salt/sugar addiction and get on the Slow-carb diet.
http://gizmodo.com/5...-slow carb-diet
Alternatively, try some pre-meal supplements: green tea, garlic, green coffee beans, ALA.
Alternatively, try Intermittent fasting.

The key though, is to start occupying yourself with productive activities, goals and ambitions.
That way, you'll be motivated enough to change your diet since it'll increase your creative and productive output many times over.

Lower body-fat = More dopamine = Higher quality of life and life satisfaction.

Edited by chung_pao, 24 November 2012 - 10:26 PM.

• like x 1

#9 adastra

• 26 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

Try fasting and see what happens. Most days I fast for about 14 hours, from dinner to lunch. I second the slow carb recommendation, that's a great idea.

#10 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Since I started working out regularly I've had an easy time maintaining my weight. I have to cheat considerably to gain any real amounts of fat.

#11 smitasharma54

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

The sum would liposuction cost for basically my hips?

I weigh around 120 pounds, maybe a bit less. I expend robust and drill usually, be that as it may I have a typical "shade" No matter the sum weight I lose regardless I have a little shade. It's really and monstrous! The sum does liposuction ordinarily cost? Then again in case you've had the procedure done in similar spots, for instance, mine, please let me know the degree to which it ran in the expense!

Tremendously acknowledged such an extraordinary measure of early!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users