Photo
- - - - -

Aniracetam: Oh My What a Weird Experience

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Took about 600 to 800mg of Aniracetam , what a weird experience. I mean this is some of the weirdest stuff i've taken yet. For me its a subtle but very noticeable perception change.

The first thing that occurred was an increased of visual clarity, but unlike Piracetam things were not beautiful. There was not abstract joining thoughts.

Instead, the world became ugly. It's hard to describe like everything just lacked feeling. The clarity lacked emotion. My sense of smell was suddenly improved ten fold I could smell things that were oblivious to me before, peoples perfume, their sweat. The smell the environment...most oddly sounds became clearer not in the manner they were nice but that odd sounds that I would not notice suddenly stuck out to me like the clanking of the metal floor. Generally the stuff thats unpleasant that I would not normally notice. In other words, the ugly stuff really stood out and the pretty stuff stopped looking good

I noticed objects in a very detached but OCD like manner, like I am uncomfortable with ugly things and comfortable with objects that have an almost functional look to them (something unusual for me)

I generally find the world to be a very pretty and vivid place (even more so before), everything to me usually has screams some kind of character (provided my dopamine levels are low), its almost like Pixar where they can find all objects to have character in them. I find people to be characters, and the emotional picture of things sometimes scream at me, this all gets obliterated on Aniracetam.

Instead its replaced with a focus that isolates objects, heightened awareness, almost more of a latitude of "sense" but a decrease of feeling of empathy, emotions and, a big picture kind of feel to the world. This makes sense as I might have been living the world "narrowly" allowing me to experience the world in a vivid way people didn't.

However there is no mistake, this isn't an increase, or decrease in focus. I'm not becoming more sensitive, its literally a change in my perception.

No noticeable changes in my cognition, memory etc. The perception is the only noticeable effect so far.

Edited by Major Legend, 13 August 2012 - 03:26 AM.

#2 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

I wouldn't call my experience "enhanced" in any manner, there is zero improvement to my abilities. In fact I would say this whole thing lacks imagination and idea creation, but doesn't have the study benefits of say Adderall. Its like the opposite of inspiration whatever that may be. Whatever I don't care kind of vibe, like usually i'm obsessed with doing great work now its like well i'll just do it like a job and who cares if it looks bad provided its not so bad, which is good because i'm sick of people wanting amazing things out of my work yet don't give me enough time to do it.

I don't feel as panicked about the fact my work is going to look like shit, or as attached, or as obsessed about it having to be good, but at the same time its like I am not motivated. Things are not pretty now anyways, I don't visually see how things could look good. I don't feel inspired about how it "should" or "could" be therefore I am not motivated and don't care about the end result. Very weird how one chemical can make me feel that way.

Perhaps this is good for something else, still it doesn't iron out my deeply rooted insecurities, and it certainly doesn't make me feel social ( in fact it makes me normal which is people ignore each other).

And god the smell of other people is disgusting (funny how I only notice the bad stuff now), i'm glad i'm usually numb to it!

Edited by Major Legend, 13 August 2012 - 03:25 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

oh and this weird experience expired after about 2 hours, now I just feel awake and 30% zombified. Too bad it doesn't last, heard its got a short half-life.

#4 Debaser

• 108 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

I find aniracetam to be a wonderful anti-depressant or mood enhancer. I find it impossible to be unhappy or down when I've taken it. Everything seems more beautiful to me. I can see with more clarity, the colours are more vivid, the smells are enchanced; every smell of the environment, smells I would normally never notice, become discernible. Sounds are also enhanced but I get what you mean about them being more grating. But I am living next to a building site. Stuff like doors closing or anyone banging anything does seem to disturb me a lot more though, but I guess that's normal if you are more sensitive to sound.

I can't say I noticed any cognitive enhancement on it, but I've heard that like piracetam it takes a while to have that kind of effect. It's supposed to be an ampakine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

seems like it warrants more testing considering it had no bad effects which is rare for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users