I took a look around the forum and wasn’t able to find any neutral discussions on Intelligent Design and creationism. I’m very curious about the whole idea and hence I wanted to find out more.
- Please try your best to avoid childish bickering. If they’re being childish that doesn’t give you the right to be childish yourself. Nurture a strong conversation, avoid the rest.
- Please limit sourcing to what’s reasonable. As in academics please source to support your argument rather than in place of your argument.
- Please try your best to present your arguments in a reasonable way. Please try and avoid the same old tricks. Those being:
- Attack the Messenger (Instead of addressing the point you attack the person making it)
- The Bait & Switch (Ignoring the point and starting up another)
- The Blitzkrieg (Blasting your opponent with too many points)
- Strawman (Over stating someone else’s opinion then arguing against that)
- Conveniently Ignoring the Point (Self descriptive)
- If you assume Creationism or Intelligent Design is total nonsense please give a valid argument for that; stating it as Nonsense exclusively is about as good as saying “I am an Ignorant Fool.” That would be an IAAIF response.
- Please avoid name calling. If you can count to 10 without using your fingers you can tell someone they’re wrong without telling us how immature you are. Again direct insults will be an IAAIF response.
So on to it then:
I realized recently that I don’t completely understand the entire argument made for Creationism and Intelligent design. I made a previous post defending it as more of a taunt for the ignorant however this thread I really want to know both sides of the debate as factually as possible.
I understand the faithful to a degree and I understand science to a degree however I don’t understand how, where, and why they can mingle.
Is Intelligent Design Science or is it purely religion?
Why is it science? What makes it science?
If ID contains some Science, how much is science and how much is Religion? Where is the line drawn?
Is ID being used as a tool to bring those outside of the faith in? Is that all it’s good for?
How much of the Bible is involved in ID? How do creationists deal with conflicts regarding other faiths?
What do you think?
IMPORTANT: New Earth Creationists (those that think the Earth was made several thousand years ago) are NOT the same thing. This thread is not intended to be a place for their argument. It could become that way however I would be surprised to find a New Earth Creationist here to defend their side. Please keep this in mind.
Edited by Lister, 26 September 2012 - 08:37 PM.