Photo
- - - - -

CTD Labs Marketing Noopept as "Legal Adderall"

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

What do you guys say about this? It's nothing like adderall.

I will say their price seems to be decent especially when it's already capped ($25 for 50 tabs), so might be worth buying for convenience.

And I hope Noopept doesn't get banned, because I have a feeling it will be in pre-workouts soon cause Noopept + Craze is a good combo. Noopept enriches my music at the gym.

Edited by juryben, 30 September 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#2 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Excuse my language but what a ____ _____. Seriously, legal adderall, come on. UGH! What a great way to get something banned. ... I dunno though, I don't think noopept is a good candidate for getting banned, it's mostly harmless as far as i can tell

Edited by protoject, 30 September 2012 - 08:48 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I think we should all flood his youtube messages saying to revoke the statement about it being like adderall
  • like x 1

#4 vali

• 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Adderall? WTF? I've taken noopept, and it makes me more social and happier, and LESS focused! I take it to relax and listen to music and enjoy myself on the weekends!

#5 SummerUser

• 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I was all for CTD's noopept before I saw the price. No thank you. Meanwhile I've tried tablets from a few vendors and I can say that powder is much much better. It's cheaper and more effective. So don't be lazy like I was and buy some scales or micro-scoops.
Btw I use noopept to fight anxiety. It gives me an ok mental state, with great tolerance to stress.

Edited by SummerUser, 01 October 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#6 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I UP-voted your comment and added one of my own. That's a pretty ridiculous and destructive claim they're making.

#7 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

We are a bit biased here. It's actually not common knowledge that Adderall = amphetamine. Heck, some people only know it as "that stuff they give to hyperactive kids to calm them down, like Ritalin." This guy is just reading the label of the bottle and saying "Hey it improves focus! This will be a big hit with all those students that steal their roommates' Adderall."

The public is largely ignorant of the actual method of action of most all pharmaceuticals, or basic neurochemistry. Even if they've heard the words, they usually have the wrong impression of what they mean. If you don't believe me, ask one of your non-nootropic interested friends what "dopamine" is.

Edited by zrbarnes, 01 October 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#8 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Most people when they hear adderall, if they've heard of it have also heard of it's abuse potential though, at least from my experience. On the other hand I don't think nearly as many people would know what I was saying if I said amphetamine hahha. Either way, it's misleading since noopept really is hit or miss and not particularly going to help the average person with their work..at least that is my opinion. I didn't watch the video though, so I don't know how he described it exactly.

Its not going to get noopept banned though, the government cares about banning things that are abusable and one guy's sales pitch isn't going to have anyone voting to ban noopept. If it were something similar in structure to amphetamine, like ladastan or w/e or carphedon maybe, but still a slim chance in my opinion. Unless someone in government sees banning it as something positive to put on their record to boost their relationship with the majority of ignorant americans, it's unlikely they care.. funny(and shitty) how it works..

#9 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm not so sure. Noopept is artificial - not found as such in nature - and I think that means that selling it as a supplement for human consumption is already legally dubious. It might not take much of thw wrong kind of attention for the FDA to start sending retailers orders to remove it from their stocks - this has happened to a couple of popular supplements in recent history, and generally at least results in them growing harder to get and more expensive.

#10 Daruman

• 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

They have sold herbal blends as legal adderall before, most which are probably more dangerous than noopept. They don't ban these, because only stupid people would listen to a sales pitch without fact checking it.

I honestly don't think this could ever have an impact on its legality. Or even difficulty to obtain.

#11 Tubemode

• 73 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Any of you ever been to your local GNC store before? These are sales people. They know nothing about the products they sell.

The first thing that comes to the layman's mind when talking about 'study drugs' is Ritalin and/or Adderall. So don't chalk it up to a conspiracy. Blame it on his ignorance.

And again, no, I don't see any of the other Racetams being banned in the future. The FDA usually bans supplements for two reasons:

1. It is being sold as a pharmaceutical drug within the US market.

2. They've caused deaths in the past.

#12 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Didn't the FDA just send an order for smartpowders to remove their stock of piracetam because of the claims that were made or the wording? What else has been banned(in the nootropic area)? I can't really think of anything, but if you have examples it'd be interesting to hear.

#13 Tubemode

• 73 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

SP was not the only company to suffer from this issue. Of note is SNS as well, arguably one of the most recognizable companies from a Piracetam supplier standpoint. Had very little to do with these 'claims'. The FDA simply didn't want them peddling Piracetam because the stuff is also a pharmaceutical drug.

Apart from Piracetam, we also have DMAA and ephedrine. Those two have killed people in the past.

As you can see though, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam and all the other Racetams have remained relatively untouched.

#14 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Here is what the FDA said to SmartPowders, for those interested: http://www.fda.gov/I...s/ucm225605.htm

#15 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

ahh yeah I was thinking too much about strict nootropics that I didnt even think of those two. Those are also both decent stimulants that I could see being banned regardless of someone dying(they don't seem to like people taking the more moderately obvious active drugs unless its via. prescription or caffeine/alcohol). It's silly we have to worry about chemicals themselves being banned in the first place honestly..

also looking at the warning letter again, it seems I'm right as they focus on smartpowders wording and claims..?

Edited by golden1, 01 October 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#16 Tubemode

• 73 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

^

Read again:

The claims listed above make clear that "Smart Powders Piracetam" and "Primaforce Piracetam," are intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals. Accordingly, these ·products are drugs, under section 201(g)(1)© of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1)©, because they are not foods and they are intended to affect the structure or any function of the body. Moreover, these products are new drugs as defined by section 201(p) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(p), because they are not generally recognized as safe and effective for use under the conditions prescribed, recommended, or suggested in their labeling.

#17 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yeah but they could only come to the conclusion that they are new drugs because of the labeling..........? That's is how it is all laid out in the letter.

Accordingly, these ·products are drugs, under section 201(g)(1)© of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1)©, because they are not foods and they are intended to affect the structure or any function of the body.

intention

Moreover, these products are new drugs as defined by section 201(p) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(p), because they are not generally recognized as safe and effective for use under the conditions prescribed, recommended, or suggested in their labeling.

labeling

Edited by golden1, 01 October 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#18 Tubemode

• 73 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

^

The trouble SP and all the other vendors got into had nothing to do with labeling and/or their wording. You have to remember that SP was not the only company which had to stop selling Piracetam. SNS had to stop selling Piracetam as well, and this is why:

Piracetam was re-classified as a drug by the FDA. Which means that all companies apart from those with a pharmaceutical license were violating laws by selling the substance. The FDA's main contention is that Piracetam is not a dietary supplement, it is a drug, and it should not be labeled or sold as such.

Even if SP did label it as a drug, they still wouldn't be able to sell it anyway since it is a drug, which is the main reason why all other major suppliers stopped production.

Edited by Tubemode, 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#19 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Smart powders I'm sure wasn't the only one making claims about it while selling it, so it's not surprising they aren't the only one. From the letter(the only official information I could find) and how I read it, the FDA is labeling smart powder's piracetam as a drug because after the claims made and the labeling it now fit the category of a drug under their code book. I don't see how you can read the letter differently unless you have other credible resources to cross reference, hence my confusion.

The FDA's main contention is that Piracetam is not a dietary supplement, it is a drug, and it should not be labeled or sold as such.

Also, yes they state this, but.. "it should not be labeled or sold as such".. so is it not the labeling in the end anyway in your interpretation? I don't get it.

I think saying it had nothing at all to do with their wording/labeling is misleading whether the chemical itself is "classified as a drug" or not. Just my opinion though.

I'll have to leave it there because it really doesn't matter to me, but you may be right.. it's just not how I read the situation.

#20 expandables

• 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Does this noopept has the same potency as the others on the market?

#21 Lemon.

• Validating/Suspended
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

that's just some marketing bullcrap, I would not buy them what so ever... watch out for any sketchy marketers because they will up the price and cut the quality of the product. and in general ALWAYS report on forums/websites any company's that decrease the product's quality/high price (don't read the label as 99.9% pure as that's mostly lies).

#22 Wu Hang

• 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Marketers who market something as Legal "insert the illegal drug's name" then you know they are full of shit.

Noopet is strong in its own right, but it's nothing like Adderall, and let's be honest, only Adderall feels like Adderall,

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 Wu Hang

• 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

SP was not the only company to suffer from this issue. Of note is SNS as well, arguably one of the most recognizable companies from a Piracetam supplier standpoint. Had very little to do with these 'claims'. The FDA simply didn't want them peddling Piracetam because the stuff is also a pharmaceutical drug.

Apart from Piracetam, we also have DMAA and ephedrine. Those two have killed people in the past.

As you can see though, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam and all the other Racetams have remained relatively untouched.

Let it be a warning guys, don't advertise these shits too loudly, it's cool to let your friend know about it, but it's not cool to make it too popular that FDA hates it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users