9 replies to this topic

#1 sapaiderman

• 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

help!

any experiences with Centro dosages?

is it safe to take daily?

is an attack dose a good idea?

and I've read somewhere that it's a good idea to take a break from centro, why is that?

help much appreciated!

#2 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hello sapaiderman, I have some experiences with centro, I have been taking it for anti-ageing purposes. Centro will raise the level of acetylcholine so taking an attack dose may not be a good idea, specially when considering that beside the typical choline side effects it can also cause depression and anxiety.

I have taken it daily for a week, but I was also using a small dose of 500mg. However, after skipping it I did experience some mild depression which I understand is a common withdraw syndrome with centro. So now I only take 250mg, which doesn't give me any side effect ofter I leave it.

I'm not sure about taking a break, perhaps this is to reduce the likelihood of developing a dependence and side effects. I did read somewhere that it was been remove from the market in some country, cuz of side effects.

Here are some links to Centro topics on this forum:
http://www.longecity...-and-brain-fog/

http://www.longecity...entrophenoxine/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 sapaiderman

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

hello noot_in_the_sky

I've read somewhere that an attack dose, typically 1g - 2g is used for a short time to quickly remove lipofuscin deposits. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this...

I'm only taking 500mg a day with breakfast and within one week my vocabulary and verbal fluidity has improved. I'm going to continue to take this dose for one month and see how I feel at the end of it.

Also I have read somewhere that a doctor has taken it for aorund 25 -35 years with no side effects and he is still mentally fit and healthy and working well into his 70's (can't rememeber where I read this but will post it when I find it)

thanks for the links

#4 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

<p>

I've read somewhere that an attack dose, typically 1g - 2g is used for a short time to quickly remove lipofuscin deposits. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this...

thanks for the links

Your welcome for the links.
I was not familiar with an attack dose, nevertheless it does make sense. Specially for those more likely to have high accumulation of lipofuscin such as old people, and young once who have experience constant brain damage (e.g. football player, wrestlers, and abuse children).

Mentally fit and healthy in his 70's sound like fun.

#5 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Centrophenoxine seems to be a bit of a stimulant. Anecdotally, I've noticed that prolonged use of centrophenoxine makes me sleepy (though not tired) earlier in the day than usual, even with proper sleep. I take centrophenoxine about three times a week, using alpha-GPC in its place on the other days. This seems to eliminate the early sleepiness issue.

Cognitive Nutrition's centrophenoxine bottle label specifically recommends cycling centrophenoxine off for a couple of days per week (the weekend should work for that, if applicable).

That aside, I've noticed that centrophenoxine causes a mild stomach cramp on an empty stomach, and others have observed the same...but not all people seem to have this issue.

Edited by LBGSHI, 10 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#6 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I've never heard of attack dosing centrophenoxine. I like the idea of quickly reducing lipofuscin deposits. My common sense dictates that the older you are, or the more lipofuscin you have, the more useful this would be.

I take centrophenoxine at a 500mg dose two times a day. I use it to provide acetyl-choline and as a general insurance mechanism. I'm young so I figure if I keep on top of lipofuscin as it builds up that will be cool.

I've never taken centrophenoxine long enough by itself to quantify any cognitive improvements, but I don't think they would be that pronounced up against the myriad of other stuff available.

Still, always take centrophenoxine. It's awesome as an insurance policy.

#7 sapaiderman

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for all the info guys.

Centro' is definitely slightly stimulating. It also made me more confident and social.

I've also been experimenting with Centro' dosages and I've found that prolonged use of high doses of 1000mg-1500mg per day for a week caused depression.

After a 2 day wash out I've begun re-dosing at 500mg with 2 days off a week. Then I plan to reduce this again to a 250mg maintenance dose.

#8 impdaddee

• 52 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

If I take it on an empty stomach, I feel like I want to vomit, so I always eat a bit first. Other than that, sweaty palms if I take more than 600 mg.

#9 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

That depression may be from simple acetylcholine buildup/overdose. Seems many are sensitive to it. You'd probably find the same effects if you dosed a lot of choline for a long time.

Just take it on weekdays and skip it on weekends.

I sweat in general so I never noticed the sweaty palms thing.

Centrophenoxine seems to not taste too bad on its own, but if I mix it with pramiracetam it creates this evil foul tasting concoction that is literally the sickest thing I have ever tasted. It was so bad I did testing to figure out what was creating the disgusting taste and the results where centrophenoxine and pramiracetam. Each on their own is fine though...Weird. (and buy fine I mean bearable to a degree)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#10 sapaiderman

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

*That depression may be from simple acetylcholine buildup/overdose. Seems many are sensitive to it. You'd probably find the same effects if you dosed a lot of choline for a long time.

Just take it on weekdays and skip it on weekends.

I sweat in general so I never noticed the sweaty palms thing.

Centrophenoxine seems to not taste too bad on its own, but if I mix it with pramiracetam it creates this evil foul tasting concoction that is literally the sickest thing I have ever tasted. It was so bad I did testing to figure out what was creating the disgusting taste and the results where centrophenoxine and pramiracetam. Each on their own is fine though...Weird. (and buy fine I mean bearable to a degree)

*That's exactly what I thought it was, too much choline causing the depression. I've learnt my lesson and will skip 2 days out of 7 to wash out any excess.

Next week I will drop down to 250mg for a trial of 5 days on, 2 off.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 06 August 2014 - 05:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users