- - - - -

clarksims

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I have been taking c60 for since mid September. I started buying the 100 ml bottles from c60oliveoil.com. I then started making my own with C60 from SES Research.
I am taking about 50 ml per day now, of C60 in olive oil. The solution is almost saturated, and contains about .75 mg per ml.

I can't see any short term effects when I stop taking it, or restart it.

I have also been taking Methylene Blue. MB has a much stronger effect. The MB immediately affects my energy levels. As soon as I start taking it, I need much less sleep. I have been going through a lot of stress in my career. I seem to handle the stress better when am taking MB, than not taking it.

I am going to keep taking C60 because I think the effects of antioxidants are long term. I am taking pomegranate extract, cranberry extract, low dose aspirin, and many other anti oxidants for the same reason.

I have been using c60 and olive oil as a facial and hair cream also. It seems to give me freckles, and make me a little more tan. I am hoping it will get rid of my few gray hairs.

Edited by ClarkSims, 26 December 2012 - 01:20 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 YOLF

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I would worry about the freckles, could be precancerous. You should get them checked by a doc. How old are you? Do you have any pre-existing conditions? MB looks like it has a lot of side affects. What are you taking it for?

Hmmm... MB is used in combination with light as a viruscide and can also cause cancer (in a few cases it kills cancer cells too). People have reported resistance to sunburn when taking C60. Could it be possible that their is a negative reaction here?

Are you taking the MB for medical reasons? It sounds alot more dangerous than C60oo.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

How much MB are you taking?

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

If you're young and healthy, then you probably will not notice much from c60. If you have a trained muscle that you knew your fatigue limits on, prior to using c60, then you would probably see an increase in the number of reps you could do before fatigue sets in. Too late to try that experiment now, though, because at the dose you've been taking, you are saturated. You could probably take six months off and still not be at a low enough c60 level to be back to normal human status. That's one reason why you don't notice anything stopping and restarting. The dose that I'm using for myself is 15mg, once a month. You're taking a pretty large dose, in comparison to most people reporting here.

If you know how much sunlight it takes to get a sunburn, you could see if that's lengthened. If you drink alcohol, particularly if you drink to excess, you will probably see changes in both immediate effects of alcohol and hangover severity. A lot of people have reported greater sensitivity to caffeine, though I never noticed that.

Edited by niner, 31 December 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#5 Chupo

• 321 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

What's considered "young" and "older" here? What age range are the people in who notice a difference?

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

What's considered "young" and "older" here? What age range are the people in who notice a difference?

The muscle fatigue, sunburn, alcohol, and caffeine effects could happen at any age. To notice most other significant "improvements" that people have reported, you'd need to have a condition involving ROS/Redox stress, which could include many kinds of chronic inflammation, or most any condition with a hypoxic component. This covers a lot of territory, and while such conditions could technically occur at any age, they tend to be concentrated in older people. I think the majority of people who are taking c60 and talking about it here are 40 and up, but there are also a significant number of younger people. I wouldn't use it in a person under 25 at this time, unless there was a specific medical condition that I though would benefit from it (of which there are many), and it wasn't being well and safely treated in other ways. I would distinctly avoid it during or prior to pregnancy or while breast feeding.

#7 YOLF

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

I think at least one of the people sensitive to caffeine and c60 was a smoker. I read somewhere that people with freckles were more prone to melanoma though... and since you're the first one reporting them despite the number of sunburn reported, I really think it has to do with the MB. I can think of at least a few posts where users reported c60 increasing the effects of something else. Why are so many people taking something with such a known toxicity?

If you're young and healthy, then you probably will not notice much from c60. If you have a trained muscle that you knew your fatigue limits on, prior to using c60, then you would probably see an increase in the number of reps you could do before fatigue sets in. Too late to try that experiment now, though, because at the dose you've been taking, you are saturated. You could probably take six months off and still not be at a low enough c60 level to be back to normal human status. That's one reason why you don't notice anything stopping and restarting. The dose that I'm using for myself is 15mg, once a month. You're taking a pretty large dose, in comparison to most people reporting here.

If you know how much sunlight it takes to get a sunburn, you could see if that's lengthened. If you drink alcohol, particularly if you drink to excess, you will probably see changes in both immediate effects of alcohol and hangover severity. A lot of people have reported greater sensitivity to caffeine, though I never noticed that.

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Why are so many people taking something with such a known toxicity?

MB? As with ALL substances, the toxicity is dose dependent, and in this case not particularly high. I doubt that he's taking enough to present a problem, although he hasn't said exactly how much he's taking.

#9 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hey ClarkSims... I did not mean to give a "thumbs down" to your post, I was trying to quote it and hit the wrong symbol and cannot undo. SORRY. What I wanted to say to you is that you should not use C 60 externally during daylight hours as there is some evidence that it oxidizes in sunlight, hense, the freckling. As a night moisturizer is okay.

#10 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey ClarkSims...
What I wanted to say to you is that you should not use C 60 externally during daylight hours as there is some evidence that it oxidizes in sunlight, hense, the freckling. As a night moisturizer is okay.

In no way disputing that its probably a bad idea to expose c60 to sunlight, or sunbath without a sunscreen, an interesting anomaly is that a UK twins/freckle study found that more and larger freckling can be a marker for telomere length in skin and white blood cells:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17627017

Howard

Edited by hav, 23 December 2013 - 09:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users