• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

M30 multifunctional neuroprotective (continuety rasagiline thead)

rasagiline iro

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

ill move this separate of the rasagiline thread which i started earlier today. i just came up with this while seeking more ncbi on rasagiline.

repost from the redirect thread;

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22426424

"In addition, our results demonstrate that M30 caused a significant inhibition of both MAO-A and -B activities in the cerebellum of aged mice, compared with vehicle-treated aged control mice. In summary, the present study indicates that the novel MAO inhibitor/iron chelating drug, M30, acting against multiple brain targets could reverse age-associated memory impairment and provide a potential treatment against the progression of neurodegeneration in ageing"

rasagiline was in comparison and this mysterious iron chelator agent named M30 seemed to be just as good or better than it. someone can help me identify this M30 ? its quite obstruct in the article.

follow up

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17017567

aka

http://link.springer...95-0_68?LI=true

great article, but still not explaining what it is.

question as to;

what the fuck is M30 ?

Edited by dear mrclock, 27 January 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#2 dear mrclock

• Topic Starter
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

updated

it seems to be called 5-(N-methyl-N-propargyaminomethyl)-8-hydroxyquinoline

i have no idea what it is, but read the article i found. it has the craziest proposed benefits i have seen ever;

http://www.keepthefa...jE1NzA0NTA=.htm

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Very Interesting. Good find mrclock. Pasting a quote here.

the Novel multifunctional brain permeable iron, chelator M30 [5-(N-methyl-N-propargyaminomethyl)-8-hydroxyquinoline] was shown to possess neuroprotective activities in vitro and in vivo, against several insults applicable to various neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. In the present study, we demonstrate that systemic chronic administration of M30 resulted in up-regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1α protein levels in various brain regions (e.g. cortex, striatum, and hippocampus) and spinal cord of adult mice. Real-time RT-PCR revealed that M30 differentially induced HIF-1α-dependent target genes, including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), erythropoietin (EPO), enolase-1, transferrin receptor (TfR), heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), and glucose transporter (GLUT)-1. In addition, mRNA expression levels of the growth factors, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and three antioxidant enzymes (catalase, superoxide dismutase (SOD)-1, and glutathione peroxidase (GPx)) were up-regulated by M30 treatment in a brain-region-dependent manner. Signal transduction immunoblotting studies revealed that M30 induced a differential enhanced phosphorylation of protein kinase C (PKC), mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)/ERK kinase (MEK), protein kinase B (PKB/Akt), and glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β). Together, these results suggest that the multifunctional iron chelator M30 can up-regulate a number of neuroprotective-adaptive mechanisms and pro-survival signaling pathways in the brain that might function as important therapeutic targets for the drug in the context of neurodegenerative disease therapy.

#4 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

If theyd ever study it on parkinson i wonder wheter it would make them drop dead faster too, no suprise with sele tough due to the belve curve, no way to know the perfect dose for humans but the parkinson peeps where on the wrong end. I do think sele and co deserve a warning they are as toxic as protective.

#5 dear mrclock

• Topic Starter
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Very Interesting. Good find mrclock. Pasting a quote here.

the Novel multifunctional brain permeable iron, chelator M30 [5-(N-methyl-N-propargyaminomethyl)-8-hydroxyquinoline] was shown to possess neuroprotective activities in vitro and in vivo, against several insults applicable to various neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. In the present study, we demonstrate that systemic chronic administration of M30 resulted in up-regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1α protein levels in various brain regions (e.g. cortex, striatum, and hippocampus) and spinal cord of adult mice. Real-time RT-PCR revealed that M30 differentially induced HIF-1α-dependent target genes, including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), erythropoietin (EPO), enolase-1, transferrin receptor (TfR), heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), and glucose transporter (GLUT)-1. In addition, mRNA expression levels of the growth factors, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and three antioxidant enzymes (catalase, superoxide dismutase (SOD)-1, and glutathione peroxidase (GPx)) were up-regulated by M30 treatment in a brain-region-dependent manner. Signal transduction immunoblotting studies revealed that M30 induced a differential enhanced phosphorylation of protein kinase C (PKC), mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)/ERK kinase (MEK), protein kinase B (PKB/Akt), and glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β). Together, these results suggest that the multifunctional iron chelator M30 can up-regulate a number of neuroprotective-adaptive mechanisms and pro-survival signaling pathways in the brain that might function as important therapeutic targets for the drug in the context of neurodegenerative disease therapy.

tnx man i try hard to find novel research chemicals just dont have that much time. takes hours on google and then the articles but when i do find em, i deliver. and yes, check out how many goodies this M30 does. didnt find any report on toxicity, so far it seems safe. but if thats ever released as research chemical, seems all the positive mentioned here are more than any other substance i know. we should try to find it once its out on the market and donate to experiment with it rather that crap c60 everyone talks about.

#6 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Ive found a pic of the molecule( at least I believe its the molecule)

http://www.springeri...35-012-8304-7-0

It has Neurorestorative, pro-Cognitive, anti- learn disabilitiy and anxiolytic effects
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22360429

Would be interresting if ScienceGuy and the others would purchase it in the near future.

#7 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Ok I said wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Wow!!! This is a small and easy molecule to be synthesized!!! Count on me for a group buy...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users