* * * * * 29 votes

Lostfalco's Extensive Nootropic Experiments [Curated]

nootropic

• Please log in to reply
4019 replies to this topic

#871 AscendantMind

• 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

actually TULIP by itself has made me pretty damn ripped without working out.

Due to increased energy consumption from the mitochondria generated by PQQ? That's pretty impressive. I have to wonder how TULIP will combine with my mass gain experiment next month, haha. (I'm planning to consume 5000 calories a day, including 900 cals of MCT.)

I wonder how much that factors into Dave Asprey's protocols. He claims to have gotten muscular and relatively ripped without exercise at all, and also consumes tons of MCT. I actually purchased his advanced supplement guide, and PQQ is one of his key supplements.

#872 domenic

• 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hello,

I have been using the TULIP protocal for 3 weeks now, and have had similar results to other on this thread. However, a week ago i feel asleep while lasering with a 96 array led. It was only between 3-5 minutes, but it was enough to throw me off for the past week. I was not feeling the benifits of TULIP and felt significant brain fog, even taking every other day off and 5 days off last week. I have been reading Dr. Jack Kruse and realized that possibly I had overdosed in transfering electrons via increase in mitochondria. Dr. Jack Kruse calls this molecular density, which he argues is the cause of several health problems becuase it does not allow cells to process electrons effeciently and thus fucks up their function.
According to Dr. Kruse, electromagnetic frequencies above the magnetic resonance of the earth, and irregularities in circadian biology caused by the use of artifical light and eating out of season or after dark, are two cuases of this molecular density or clogging. His prescription for these, other than reducing out exposure to them is his well known Cold Thermogenesis. Dr. Kruse says that adapting to the cold through dunking yourself in 50-55 F water, has the primary effect of reducing molecular density. Thus, in a cold adapted state your mitochondria process electrons for energy in a vastly more effecient manner. Similar, he says, to the way superconduction works better in supercooled states.

So, i had been taking cold showers getting used to the idea of cold adaptation for the past while and finally i worked up the courage for an ice bath.
The past couple of nights using an Ice Bath has completely returned me to baseline and allowed the benifits of TULIP to continue. It has completely elimintated my brain fog and overfilled feeling i had from accidently doing to much laser.
In fact i think cold adaptation might help improve the TULIP protocal becuase of the way in which cold allows our cells and mitochondria to be much more receptive to electron transfer and become more efficient in general.
Jack Kruse actually has said that there are ways in which out cells can by pass atp and use soley electron transfer through a pathway called the PPPQ but i don't fully understand his ideas yet.

Sorry if my understanding of Jack Kruse or Biology is lacking I am just beginning to learn this stuff and biology in general.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#873 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, his stuff can be tough to tackle. I've been reading him for the past couple months now, and now I'm taking it much more slowly - reading one blog at a time and then looking through all his citations to make sure his conclusions even match up with the work he has read. The PPP is confusing to me, because it seems to be an alternative to glycolysis and generates NADPH and pentoses. I'm currently trying to buffer up on my knowledge of the Krebs Cycle and Electron Transport Chain, so I haven't delved into the PPP whatsoever. It does seem to be a 'reduced' pathway, which produces the most NADPH and even glutathione. Dr. Kruse has said many times on his forums that getting into the PPP is the best way to get glutathione, and supplementing it isn't necessary (but he did allude to 23andMe and other genetic tests in which you may require supplementation).

I wonder if TULIP is helping people gain access to the PPP, hence why Falco has stated he's maintained a lean body and most everyone has noticed increased well-being. Or, maybe it's doing something else entirely. I do know that Dr. Kruse does get into detail on how our bodies bypass ATP, but I haven't gotten there yet, I think it's in his EMF or maybe Quantum Biology series. I posted about that earlier, we essentially use the 'protonicity' of water in reverse micelles to generate energy, and thus we don't have to recycle ATP to sustain life. I'm not certain if this is correct (at all), but I believe ATP is then almost a back up system and primarily used as a means to structure water and unfold proteins, but again, I may be incorrect on the Dr. Kruse' theories on this.

Interestingly, in Dr. Kruse' MitochondrialRx, he endorsed most of the supplements we're taking, and PQQ is in his top ten supplements list. I just know he isn't really sold on creatine, but I haven't figured out why. I think in the future when I have more cash, I'd take the core of TULIP (PQQ at 20mg and CoQ10 probably at 100mg) plus D-Ribose or Galactose, but I haven't studied those substances nearly enough to see if there is any worth.

#874 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hello,

I have been using the TULIP protocal for 3 weeks now, and have had similar results to other on this thread. However, a week ago i feel asleep while lasering with a 96 array led. It was only between 3-5 minutes, but it was enough to throw me off for the past week. I was not feeling the benifits of TULIP and felt significant brain fog, even taking every other day off and 5 days off last week. I have been reading Dr. Jack Kruse and realized that possibly I had overdosed in transfering electrons via increase in mitochondria. Dr. Jack Kruse calls this molecular density, which he argues is the cause of several health problems becuase it does not allow cells to process electrons effeciently and thus fucks up their function.
According to Dr. Kruse, electromagnetic frequencies above the magnetic resonance of the earth, and irregularities in circadian biology caused by the use of artifical light and eating out of season or after dark, are two cuases of this molecular density or clogging. His prescription for these, other than reducing out exposure to them is his well known Cold Thermogenesis. Dr. Kruse says that adapting to the cold through dunking yourself in 50-55 F water, has the primary effect of reducing molecular density. Thus, in a cold adapted state your mitochondria process electrons for energy in a vastly more effecient manner. Similar, he says, to the way superconduction works better in supercooled states.

So, i had been taking cold showers getting used to the idea of cold adaptation for the past while and finally i worked up the courage for an ice bath.
The past couple of nights using an Ice Bath has completely returned me to baseline and allowed the benifits of TULIP to continue. It has completely elimintated my brain fog and overfilled feeling i had from accidently doing to much laser.
In fact i think cold adaptation might help improve the TULIP protocal becuase of the way in which cold allows our cells and mitochondria to be much more receptive to electron transfer and become more efficient in general.
Jack Kruse actually has said that there are ways in which out cells can by pass atp and use soley electron transfer through a pathway called the PPPQ but i don't fully understand his ideas yet.

Sorry if my understanding of Jack Kruse or Biology is lacking I am just beginning to learn this stuff and biology in general.

Hey what's up domenic? Thanks for that warning man. I'm sorry you had to go through that but it's good to hear that you're doing better now!

So, I think we can all agree on 1 minute per spot to start with...at most. Maybe even 30 seconds. Cool?

It kind of makes sense. Think about how many neurons you have (100 billion by some estimates) AND how many mitos per neuron you have (thousands in some cases). Even though we are only hitting the surface of the brain (mostly) with photons the numbers here are still pretty astronomical. Minimum effective dosing seems pretty apropos imo (does that even apply when we're talking about billions or trillions of things? ha). Goldilocks is a harsh mistress. (sorry, it's just fun to say...for the 50th time. =))

#875 AscendantMind

• 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Lostfalco, do you know if the LEDs, like the lasers, are also capable of penetrating to a depth of 2 inches? Regardless, that seems to mean that we are only adding juice to the neocortex. I wonder what the long-term effects of empowering only that part of the brain will be, and whether there might be any concerns with lack of balance between the neocortex and midbrain and hindbrain.

I suppose time will tell.

#876 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Lostfalco, do you know if the LEDs, like the lasers, are also capable of penetrating to a depth of 2 inches? Regardless, that seems to mean that we are only adding juice to the neocortex. I wonder what the long-term effects of empowering only that part of the brain will be, and whether there might be any concerns with lack of balance between the neocortex and midbrain and hindbrain.

I suppose time will tell.

I was inquiring about this, too, when I first started TULIP. Especially in my case where I have only thus far been using the LEDs at F3/4, rather than the whole brain. I was wondering if it was possible to cause imbalances in the brain via the very small structural changes that occur over time, and what the effects would be. I don't think anyone can really answer that, though, and we can only speculate. I'm fairly certain in the safety of how I currently use TULIP, with the LEDs at F3/4, because I do it rather infrequently and not for extended periods of time, and there are other benefits, such as increased blood circulation and brain oxygenation, that also make LLLT efficacious. I'm still trying to really grasp all the information first, before I start doing any whole brain sessions, though I think that would be the more 'balanced' thing to do over a long period of time, but who knows?

#877 seabreeze

• 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hello,

#878 seabreeze

• 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Domenic!

I think I overcooked also. I tried 6 min per spot in 8 locations (My logic... if 2min are good 6min must be better... Um'.. thats why I'm in sales and not Science). However, after starting TULIP, I have felt a difference in my social interaction. I was at a business conference the other day and I was sharper, more aware (present) and my sense of humor was... just "There."
I would like to get that back/improve on the results. I just could not figure out why I was feeling like a Zombie... I will try the Ice bath..

PS- Great thread Falco. (I've been using using the 96 and 48 on my sore body parts and it seems to help. Thinking of getting the Vetro for travel and convenience. You said above your using both LED's and Vetro. I am aware the cost is significantly different, could you just briefly elaborate on the difference "Unrelated to cost". (My apologies if you discussed this previously.)

Regards,
Seabreeze

#879 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

Here's a quick bad quality photo I just took of my 48-LED device. I just finished using a screw to mount it on top of an old cricket stump. You can also see that there's blutack covering the sensor so that it works in any lighting environment. Hopefully this helps someone who also was finding the device annoying to hold on spots. :)

Attached Files

Edited by typ3z3r0, 21 September 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#880 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

lostfalco: I've taken a break from lasering as I've been down with the flu for the past few days, and also have a really sore neck on the right hand side.

The sore neck/shoulder thing started before my last lasering session, and I've had it come and go a couple of times before. In general I think it's an effect of having a sedentary job with far too many hours in front of the computer (mouse arm, geek neck and all that). Pretty sure I have right rotator cuff impingement although I've yet to get it diagnosed - when I lie down flat on my back and extend both arms straight behind the head, only the left hand reaches the floor comfortably, while I experience increasing pain inside the right shoulder the more I try to get my hand down to the floor.

I have contemplated LED'ing the sore area (from right shoulder, up right side of the neck toward head, down the right side of the spine to about half way down) to see if it could help.

Do you think it would help in case of inflammation, or just make things worse?

Edited by Godof Smallthings, 21 September 2013 - 04:12 AM.

#881 swen

• 67 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Currently I'm doing 2min per spot and looks the sweet spot for me. Went from 1 to 2 minutes, then went downward to 1:30 and 1:45 for minimal effective dosing, but didn't like it. Also my friends also comment on my big head, so maybe I just need a little more :)

My first experiences:

Yesterday, I had a very clearheaded day, my programming classes made more sense to me, and some things just 'clicked'. However I can't draw any conclusions because I've working on the problems the whole week, so maybe it was the result of just hard work.

By the way this is only with a 48 led, and the PQQ+Q10 Ebay cheap combo. I do 5 spots on my front head following my hair line and 9 spots on the rest of my head (as LostFalcos advised). I've ordered a 96 led now because I feel positive effects, and will do the 9 spots with the 96 led. Possibly I will down the time to 1 minute again because I will do bigger areas with the 96.

Regarding timing: I try to TULIP at night before sleep, however when I'm with my GF I skip this because it would be a little strange ;)

I didn't experience the energizing effects as I did with CILTEP (It felt like a modafinil-light to me. Disclaimer: i've never tried Moda, but that is based on info on the internet ;) don't think this seriously ) HOWEVER, yesterday it felt like I had more energy, also in my workouts I added some extra sets because I wanted to move some big weights, I think this is because the increase of the ATP.

Also: can effects of caffeine become stronger in combination with TULIP? Effects felt the same as caffeine plus CILTEP.

Edited by swen, 21 September 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#882 mettmett

• 112 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

lostfalco: I've taken a break from lasering as I've been down with the flu for the past few days, and also have a really sore neck on the right hand side.

The sore neck/shoulder thing started before my last lasering session, and I've had it come and go a couple of times before. In general I think it's an effect of having a sedentary job with far too many hours in front of the computer (mouse arm, geek neck and all that). Pretty sure I have right rotator cuff impingement although I've yet to get it diagnosed - when I lie down flat on my back and extend both arms straight behind the head, only the left hand reaches the floor comfortably, while I experience increasing pain inside the right shoulder the more I try to get my hand down to the floor.

I have contemplated LED'ing the sore area (from right shoulder, up right side of the neck toward head, down the right side of the spine to about half way down) to see if it could help.

it would definetly help speed recovery. what are you waiting for? ;)

#883 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

actually TULIP by itself has made me pretty damn ripped without working out.

Due to increased energy consumption from the mitochondria generated by PQQ? That's pretty impressive. I have to wonder how TULIP will combine with my mass gain experiment next month, haha. (I'm planning to consume 5000 calories a day, including 900 cals of MCT.)

I wonder how much that factors into Dave Asprey's protocols. He claims to have gotten muscular and relatively ripped without exercise at all, and also consumes tons of MCT. I actually purchased his advanced supplement guide, and PQQ is one of his key supplements.

There is def a powerful connection between mitochondria and muscle. As always, you can totally do what you want...but I don't think you need all of those calories to gain mass.

Also, unless you're a competitive athlete (as a career) I don't think very much mass is necessary. Most of us want to look good to attract a woman/women OR to gain respect from male peers. Both these goals are fine, imo...I don't view these as 'shallow' or 'vain'. We all want to enjoy our lives (with family, friends, etc.), combine our genes with the highest quality woman/women out there (or men), and have amazingly fit offspring (who are good at passing our genes on further). Women (in general) like guys that are ripped (swimmers) not guys that are huge.

If you need a little mass, I would suggest focusing on three things: 1. start at the highest muscle group on your body first (your masseters [be VERY cautious here], then your neck, then your traps, then your delts), 2. work your way down and 3. focus on looking good in clothes, not naked (you're gonna be in clothes 90%+ of the time and women care about this more anyway). Attractiveness in form is characterized by symmetry, averageness, and ratios (neck to head, shoulders to waist, etc.)

Lastly, remember that personality, energy, humor, stories, style, charisma, etc. are WAY more important than having a great body (though a nice body doesn't hurt). All of these things can be developed with a little practice.

I really like a lot of Dave's stuff...but just remember that he was obese in his 20's and therefore takes testosterone, thyroid, etc. He's really open about this and I don't think it's any reason to look down on him or anything. Just something to be aware of when you decide 'how' he gets his results. To be honest though...cholesterol (grassfed butter, raw eggs, etc.) is a hormone precursor and is very conducive to retaining mass. Props to Asprey here.

Edited by lostfalco, 21 September 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#884 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

it would definetly help speed recovery. what are you waiting for? ;)

I'm with mettmett here. I definitely think it could help...but no guarantees. LLLT has been used for 40+ years on muscle and ligament injuries with good but mixed results. It's prob gonna take some tinkering to figure out dosing. I don't think it'll hurt anything to try though. =)

Edited by lostfalco, 21 September 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#885 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Currently I'm doing 2min per spot and looks the sweet spot for me. Went from 1 to 2 minutes, then went downward to 1:30 and 1:45 for minimal effective dosing, but didn't like it. Also my friends also comment on my big head, so maybe I just need a little more :)

My first experiences:

Yesterday, I had a very clearheaded day, my programming classes made more sense to me, and some things just 'clicked'. However I can't draw any conclusions because I've working on the problems the whole week, so maybe it was the result of just hard work.

By the way this is only with a 48 led, and the PQQ+Q10 Ebay cheap combo. I do 5 spots on my front head following my hair line and 9 spots on the rest of my head (as LostFalcos advised). I've ordered a 96 led now because I feel positive effects, and will do the 9 spots with the 96 led. Possibly I will down the time to 1 minute again because I will do bigger areas with the 96.

Regarding timing: I try to TULIP at night before sleep, however when I'm with my GF I skip this because it would be a little strange ;)

I didn't experience the energizing effects as I did with CILTEP (It felt like a modafinil-light to me. Disclaimer: i've never tried Moda, but that is based on info on the internet ;) don't think this seriously ) HOWEVER, yesterday it felt like I had more energy, also in my workouts I added some extra sets because I wanted to move some big weights, I think this is because the increase of the ATP.

Also: can effects of caffeine become stronger in combination with TULIP? Effects felt the same as caffeine plus CILTEP.

Very cool swen. I'm glad it's working for you. Dosing is a little tricky.

I'm not a huge caffeine fan...but 200mg of pure caffeine seems to stack really well with TULIP and with CIL-TULIP (just the artichoke half of CILTEP...500mg).

#886 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks Domenic!

I think I overcooked also. I tried 6 min per spot in 8 locations (My logic... if 2min are good 6min must be better... Um'.. thats why I'm in sales and not Science). However, after starting TULIP, I have felt a difference in my social interaction. I was at a business conference the other day and I was sharper, more aware (present) and my sense of humor was... just "There."
I would like to get that back/improve on the results. I just could not figure out why I was feeling like a Zombie... I will try the Ice bath..

PS- Great thread Falco. (I've been using using the 96 and 48 on my sore body parts and it seems to help. Thinking of getting the Vetro for travel and convenience. You said above your using both LED's and Vetro. I am aware the cost is significantly different, could you just briefly elaborate on the difference "Unrelated to cost". (My apologies if you discussed this previously.)

Regards,
Seabreeze

Hey Seabreeze...I'm glad it briefly worked for you. Let us know how the ice bath goes. I def think it's important that we find a protocol for people who have 'overcooked' as you said. It's def a human tendency to think that more is better...I do it too!

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad that our group effort seems to be helping people. It's pretty exciting actually. I think the LEDs are perfectly sufficient on their own. The Vetro is nice for travel but is a pretty big expense. $600 is a lot of PQQ/CoQ10/Shilajit! Just in terms of pure effectiveness...wavelength and power density seem to matter most according to the studies. In my experience, the Vetro AND the LEDs are both great...given the right dosing (as we've found out repeatedly lately). =)

Edited by lostfalco, 21 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#887 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I really like a lot of Dave's stuff...but just remember that he was obese in his 20's and therefore takes testosterone, thyroid, etc. He's really open about this and I don't think it's any reason to look down on him or anything. Just something to be aware of when you decide 'how' he gets his results. To be honest though...cholesterol (grassfed butter, raw eggs, etc.) is a hormone precursor and is very conducive to retaining mass. Props to Asprey here.

Maybe not a reason to look down on him, but I do think it's a reason to be sceptic about his diet.
See this:
Diet-hormone interactions: protein/carbohydrate ratio alters reciprocally the plasma levels of testosterone and cortisol and their respective binding globulins in man.

Dietary-induced alterations in thyroid hormone metabolism during overnutrition.

Effect of Carbohydrate and Noncarbohydrate Sources of Calories on Plasma 3,5,3′-Triiodothyronine Concentrations in Man*
  • like x 1

#888 AscendantMind

• 69 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

There is def a powerful connection between mitochondria and muscle. As always, you can totally do what you want...but I don't think you need all of those calories to gain mass.

Also, unless you're a competitive athlete (as a career) I don't think very much mass is necessary. Most of us want to look good to attract a woman/women OR to gain respect from male peers. Both these goals are fine, imo...I don't view these as 'shallow' or 'vain'. We all want to enjoy our lives (with family, friends, etc.), combine our genes with the highest quality woman/women out there (or men), and have amazingly fit offspring (who are good at passing our genes on further). Women (in general) like guys that are ripped (swimmers) not guys that are huge.

If you need a little mass, I would suggest focusing on three things: 1. start at the highest muscle group on your body first (your masseters [be VERY cautious here], then your neck, then your traps, then your delts), 2. work your way down and 3. focus on looking good in clothes, not naked (you're gonna be in clothes 90%+ of the time and women care about this more anyway). Attractiveness in form is characterized by symmetry, averageness, and ratios (neck to head, shoulders to waist, etc.)

Lastly, remember that personality, energy, humor, stories, style, charisma, etc. are WAY more important than having a great body (though a nice body doesn't hurt). All of these things can be developed with a little practice.

Thanks for the advice, Lostfalco. Don't worry--my plan isn't to get too huge, just to see how much muscle mass I can gain in a month-long process. Historically, it's been very hard for me to break out of homeostasis (I've tried going up to 3000 calories or down to 1300 a day, both without making much of a difference in weight), so I'm going to try to see what can be done with a ridiculous amount of calories--in the proper ratios, combined with proper nutrition and supplements and exercise.

After this experiment, I have a more balanced, long-term plan for overall strength, conditioning, body sculpting (if I may call it that) and functional fitness.

Also: I didn't know that Dave took testosterone. Now some things make more sense.

Edited by AscendantMind, 21 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#889 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the advice, Lostfalco. Don't worry--my plan isn't to get too huge, just to see how much muscle mass I can gain in a month-long process. Historically, it's been very hard for me to break out of homeostasis (I've tried going up to 3000 calories or down to 1300 a day, both without making much of a difference in weight), so I'm going to try to see what can be done with a ridiculous amount of calories--in the proper ratios, combined with proper nutrition and supplements and exercise.

After this experiment, I have a more balanced, long-term plan for overall strength, conditioning, body sculpting (if I may call it that) and functional fitness.

Also: I didn't know that Dave took testosterone. Now some things make more sense.

No problem man. Do you mind me asking your goal? ie. Your reason for wanting more mass, your reason for your month-long experiment? Of course, no pressure to answer or anything.

#890 swen

• 67 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Little offtopic. But if you want to gain I have good succes with Carb Back Loading, you can bulk without gaining fat. Simply said: its timing you carbs.

In daytime eat only protein and healthy fats and high glycemic carbs after your workout.

My meals look like:
- Morning Bulletproof Coffee with some Whey isolate (because I don't need to drop weight)
- Midday - Big omelet with 6 eggs witch spinach
- Night - After workout a lot of jasmine rice and meat. And dextrose is also your friend.

#891 AscendantMind

• 69 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

No problem man. Do you mind me asking your goal? ie. Your reason for wanting more mass, your reason for your month-long experiment? Of course, no pressure to answer or anything.

Sure. I have three primary goals, and the month-long thing is part of an overall plan to accomplish them.

1. Health--Increased organ function, greater bone density, more mitochondria, more resistance to injury (as I am slightly more prone to soft tissue injuries due to collagen production problems), more energy, more resilience, etc.
2. Hormone optimization--production of testosterone, HGH, leptin, etc. This is for increased confidence, mental function, and sexual function.
3. Aesthetics--I want to look good. I've always been a little lacking in the muscle department, and could probably add 20-30 solid pounds of muscle without looking like a 'roided-up bodybuilder.

I need to do all of this without high-rep, repetitive motion exercise, so high-weight, low-rep weights or even bodyweight exercises seem the way to go. I plan to follow an altered version of Tim Ferriss's Geek-to-Freak protocol.

Little offtopic. But if you want to gain I have good succes with Carb Back Loading, you can bulk without gaining fat. Simply said: its timing you carbs.

In daytime eat only protein and healthy fats and high glycemic carbs after your workout.

My meals look like:
- Morning Bulletproof Coffee with some Whey isolate (because I don't need to drop weight)
- Midday - Big omelet with 6 eggs witch spinach
- Night - After workout a lot of jasmine rice and meat. And dextrose is also your friend.

Yep, that's actually my plan. During the day, BP coffee, a high-fat high-protein lunch, a fat/protein shake, a workout and another post-workout shake, and then potatoes with dinner.

#892 nuc

• 62 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

As the following day i had no problems after the laser shock i received, i personally believe that when used on the brain, it shouldn't be used on all parts at the same time. Doing 1 part at a time then seeing which part is affected most in a negative way could be the answer to finding how beneficial it is for a person. From opinion, based on how i felt, it could be a matter of adaptation.

I do have one question. Could the relation between heavy metals in a persons body have any interactions with laser treatment on the brain?

Edited by nuc, 21 September 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#893 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

As the following day i had no problems after the laser shock i received, i personally believe that when used on the brain, it shouldn't be used on all parts at the same time. Doing 1 part at a time then seeing which part is affected most in a negative way could be the answer to finding how beneficial it is for a person. From opinion, based on how i felt, it could be a matter of adaptation.

I do have one question. Could the relation between heavy metals in a persons body have any interactions with laser treatment on the brain?

I can't say anything definitively, but I'll look into this for the both of us. I'm intrigued by this question, and anyhow I have a history that makes me believe I may have at least a pretty large amount of heavy metal build up. In my opinion, and this is from my limited knowledge in this area, it probably would affect someone, and probably negatively in the short-term, positive in the long-term. Again, I could be completely wrong, but LLLT not only aids in mitochondrial biogenesis and functioning, but it drastically increases blood brain flow and oxygenation, there's no doubt in my mind that toxins are excreted due to this, let alone all the down stream, secondary effects. I'll get back to you on this.

#894 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Sure. I have three primary goals, and the month-long thing is part of an overall plan to accomplish them.

1. Health--Increased organ function, greater bone density, more mitochondria, more resistance to injury (as I am slightly more prone to soft tissue injuries due to collagen production problems), more energy, more resilience, etc.
2. Hormone optimization--production of testosterone, HGH, leptin, etc. This is for increased confidence, mental function, and sexual function.
3. Aesthetics--I want to look good. I've always been a little lacking in the muscle department, and could probably add 20-30 solid pounds of muscle without looking like a 'roided-up bodybuilder.

I need to do all of this without high-rep, repetitive motion exercise, so high-weight, low-rep weights or even bodyweight exercises seem the way to go. I plan to follow an altered version of Tim Ferriss's Geek-to-Freak protocol.

Very cool. Sounds good man.
  • like x 1

#895 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Agreed. Testing one's low dose reaction on one small part of the brain seems like a good idea. I should add that to the recommendations page. Good idea nuc! After that initial test, then maybe people can think about adding more areas and increasing dosage time.

About LLLT and heavy metals...I'm unaware of any specific research that has tested this. We are probably gonna have to speculatively theorize for the time being. I'll have to get back to you. =)

#896 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

For those of you interested in the theory side of things...check out:
http://molecularmovies.com/showcase/
http://www.wehi.edu....ucation/wehitv/
http://www.youtube.com/user/WEHImovies

A picture = a thousand words; a movie = a trillion.

I know BigPapa and Aarfai have been doing quite a bit of the reading. Has anyone else had a chance to check out 'The Machinery of Life' and/or 'Life's Ratchet'? This combo is extremely theoretically informative. I realize that many of us have jobs, families, lives, etc...so no worries if you haven't. =)

If you have time, enjoy another Drew Berry animation (or three)! I really love this guy's work.

http://youtu.be/y19lKbvJZys

http://youtu.be/mHak9EZjySs

http://youtu.be/DR80Huxp4y8

Edited by lostfalco, 22 September 2013 - 12:47 PM.

• like x 1

#897 AscendantMind

• 69 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

I know BigPapa and Aarfai have been doing quite a bit of the reading. Has anyone else had a chance to check out 'The Machinery of Life' and/or 'Life's Ratchet'? This combo is extremely theoretically informative. I realize that many of us have jobs, families, lives, etc...so no worries if you haven't. =)

I just got The Machinery of Life, actually. Only a few pages in, but it looks really good so far. An excellent introduction to molecular and cellular biology. This is actually stuff I always wanted to learn but didn't have the biochemistry or biology background for, so it's good to have a layman's introduction to the field. Thanks for the recommendation!

#898 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I just got The Machinery of Life, actually. Only a few pages in, but it looks really good so far. An excellent introduction to molecular and cellular biology. This is actually stuff I always wanted to learn but didn't have the biochemistry or biology background for, so it's good to have a layman's introduction to the field. Thanks for the recommendation!

Very cool Ascendant! That book will give you the background necessary to understand how armies of ATP powered molecular machines give rise to macro level muscular movement. There are VERY healthy mass building protocols hidden in this info. All those calories are unnecessary, in my humble opinion. =)

I don't have specific details for you protocol-wise as of right now (biology is ridiculously complex and I want to get it right) but the underlying theory points in some pretty strong directions. Keep researching and share with us what you find body composition wise (I'm a little more brain focused right now). Hoffman has some good (though not extensive) points on muscle, myofibrils, myosin II, actin, etc. as well. Have fun! The molecular world is extremely fascinating.

#899 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

Yeah, I would honestly say caloric intake isn't the main stimulus behind the muscle growth, although that sounds outlandish. Later on tonight or tomorrow (going to the city and also have tons of homework, lol) I'll post some studies about applying the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics to diets and basically why calories are a useless metric for these kind of things, and they don't even delve into other things such as Gibbs Free Energy or hormones such as Leptin, or things such as UCP1 and 3, GLUTS, BAT, etc. Also, Dr. Kruse has posted studies and case studies where Russians have gotten people to increase their bone density (thus weight) and muscle mass without increases in calories, but increases in other sources of energy - magnetism. I think that may be a reason why Falco has seen aesthetic benefits to TULIP - light is a source of energy that we can harness. I'm currently trying to gain a lot of mass too because I feel as though I'm underweight (though very strong for my weight... years of wrestling and being a running back/linebacker have really strengthened me, lol), but I think I'm really going to focus on becoming cold adapted and eating more fat soluble vitamins, as well as zinc and selenium. So basically, increase my butter consumption, eat weekly oysters, maybe weekly or bi-weekly shrimp or other shellfish or crustaceans, and try and find organ meats that I barely ever eat (with emphasis on liver followed by heart if I can find it, for the CoQ10, riboflavin, etc.). I don't think 900 calories of MCTs really matters much to be honest - the actual lengths of the fats contained in MCT oil can't be stored as adipose tissue or serve as structural membranes, they can merely be used as energy directly, create ATP through the Krebs Cycle, or, if the Krebs Cycle is currently being stuffed with ATP, shunted to the liver to be made into ketone bodies. The 'calories' from them are essentially non-existent AND they seem to stimulate the metabolism (when I eat a couple tablespoons of MCT oil, or a LOT of coconut oil, I get warm and sweaty almost from this thermogenic effect). If anything they'll drastically enhance your energy and burn fat, thus keeping you gaining lean mass, but I don't think they will directly aid in muscle growth. If you are using Upgraded MCT Oil, though, it makes a great pre-workout, but I think Beta hydroxybutyrate salts would be more efficient as a pre-workout aid.

With all that being said, does anyone have any ideas on intranasal red light photobiomodulation? I've been speaking a lot about LLLT to the Circadian Biohackers on Facebook and trying to help this podcaster Ameer find a portable unit, and then someone spoke about this: http://www.vielight.com/. It seems pretty interesting. I've inquired before about intranasal red light therapy, as some other users in the Circadian Biohackers used these red laser pens up their nostrils for allergies and other uses. Anybody have any input?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#900 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Wow, I was actually thinking about that last night BigPapa, seeing as we're only reaching the first one or two inches of our bodies from the outside in when we Laser/LED, what about stimulating from the inside out as well? As you said into the nose or what about into the ears or the mouth? lol things are starting to get weird up in here! Here's some info on Intravenous Laser Therapy and what's interesting is that they're using different colour spectrum lasers like blue and yellow..

Edited by 88LS, 23 September 2013 - 09:07 AM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By