Lostfalco's Extensive Nootropic Experiments [Curated]

nootropic

• Please log in to reply
4019 replies to this topic

#841 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Just added these to my profile page...for those of you with A LOT of time. =) I know I've mentioned most of them before. Def check your local public/university library first and see if you can get them for free. Also, don't forget about interlibrary loan. You can get a lot of hard to find books this way.

http://www.longecity...1887-lostfalco/

Highly Recommended Supplemental Reading (without endorsing EVERYTHING within):
Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0199205647/
Minding My Mitochondria: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0982175086/
Cosmic Evolution: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0674009878/
Epic of Evolution: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0231135610/

Edited by lostfalco, 19 September 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#842 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hey guys, check out this mitochondrial function test. http://drmyhill.co.u...unction_Profile

Have any of you guys ever done this or do you know how legit they are? Any U.S. companies do this? You can actually mail blood samples to this guy, but I'd rather not. ha How creepy would it be to meet a deranged clone of yourself on holiday in like 20 years? Sounds like a (bad) movie plot to me.

A guy named Damien over at The Bulletproof Forums gets props for introducing me to this (if it's real/legit...if not then I will heap scorn upon his head. =))

Edited by lostfalco, 19 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#843 EncyclopediaBrown

• 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hey guys, check out this mitochondrial function test. http://drmyhill.co.u...unction_Profile

Have any of you guys ever done this or do you know how legit they are? Any U.S. companies do this? You can actually mail blood samples to this guy, but I'd rather not. ha How creepy would it be to meet a deranged clone of yourself on holiday in like 20 years? Sounds like a (bad) movie plot to me.

A guy named Damien over at The Bulletproof Forums gets props for introducing me to this (if it's real/legit...if not then I will heap scorn upon his head. =))

Check this post out

http://forums.phoeni...21/#post-231291

#844 AscendantMind

• 69 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Fascinating! That post seems to suggest that mitochondrial functioning can't be fully optimized unless there is sufficient glutathione, as well as proper types of B vitamins.

From my reading of this, then perhaps those who don't (if there are any) experience the full benefits of TULIP would be benefited by supplemental glutathione and B vitamins appropriate for their genotype.

Genetically, my own methylation is not optimal (according to 23andme), so I have recently obtained B supplements with differing forms from that vast majority of complexes out there: calcium folinate, acetyl-cyanocobalamin, etc. For those with methylation issues (which are actually quite common), these forms are necessary in order to ensure that full absorbtion occurs.

#845 EncyclopediaBrown

• 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Fascinating! That post seems to suggest that mitochondrial functioning can't be fully optimized unless there is sufficient glutathione, as well as proper types of B vitamins.

From my reading of this, then perhaps those who don't (if there are any) experience the full benefits of TULIP would be benefited by supplemental glutathione and B vitamins appropriate for their genotype.

Genetically, my own methylation is not optimal (according to 23andme), so I have recently obtained B supplements with differing forms from that vast majority of complexes out there: calcium folinate, acetyl-cyanocobalamin, etc. For those with methylation issues (which are actually quite common), these forms are necessary in order to ensure that full absorbtion occurs.

You can upload your 23and me data for methylation issues at http://geneticgenie.org/

It's pretty cool.

#846 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm working on it. =) Give me a few months.

Can't wait that long, winter is coming! :|o

#847 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

You should be able to use bright red lights in a lamp similar to these: https://www.google.c...lient=firefox-a throughout the night. Many people who follow Dr. Ray Peat use set ups like these and have red lights shining on them while they sleep, and intermittently throughout the day. These have been recommended on some of the Peat forums: http://www.1800light...temsku=250BR40H.

Here's a good thread with lot's of information: http://www.raypeatfo...&t=187&start=10

I don't know if I agree or disagree, though, with some of the things they speak about, i.e. stress hormones in darkness/night and so on. I'd be interested in using some red lamps near my bed as I sleep, though.

#848 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

I've also been wondering about using the LEDs to change the hydrogen bonding in Reverse Osmosis water. For instance, it appears that ATP isn't what we see it to be, there have been experiments done (look up Gilbert Ling) that show that ATP can't explain all energy transfers/rates of activation/etc. According to Dr. Kruse, waters function is to generate massive amounts of energy from the liberation of electrons - water becomes capable of 'protonicity' using 'reverse micelles'. Dr. Peat speaks a lot about this as well; Water, especially in the cellular sense, has a distinct structure and function of generating energy. I'm wondering if Red Light can beneficially 'charge' or 'structure' water to make it more hydrating. Check these out:

http://www.physiolog...CP39-1_ling.pdf
http://pranarupa.wor...-and-evolution/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItsSYwTSnTY (Viktor Schauberger: Comprehend and Copy Nature) This is a MUST WATCH - the implications are absolutely astounding. Free energy, fuel free spacecrafts, changed-density waters, vortexes for increased energy output, etc. Viktor Schauberger was a genius.

A lot of this isn't possible with most water due to the contaminants that act as dialectric blockers, hence why I'm wondering if I could pull off some sort of structuring effect with red light.

Edited by BigPapaChakra, 19 September 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#849 nuc

• 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Iv'e just tried the LED panel at 850nm for about 2-3 minutes for each part of my head resulting in maybe 15-20 minutes? Wow it felt scary 2 minutes after that, it seems to make me tired but for some reason it felt like it triggered a surge of tremor/paranoia/fear in me that lasted maybe 10 minutes. This is the first time i used it, and it was at the end of the day right before i was about to go to sleep. I took the glass out and put the leds right onto my head and held them there. Is this something that could happen for a first time user? was i meant to use it for less time? or is there some explanation behind it? anyone?

#850 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Have you experienced symptoms like that before?
Any other mental issues?
What supplements/nootropics have you been using lately?
Do you use any recreational drugs?

#851 rc897

• 57 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Iv'e just tried the LED panel at 850nm for about 2-3 minutes for each part of my head resulting in maybe 15-20 minutes? Wow it felt scary 2 minutes after that, it seems to make me tired but for some reason it felt like it triggered a surge of tremor/paranoia/fear in me that lasted maybe 10 minutes. This is the first time i used it, and it was at the end of the day right before i was about to go to sleep. I took the glass out and put the leds right onto my head and held them there. Is this something that could happen for a first time user? was i meant to use it for less time? or is there some explanation behind it? anyone?

Got the same thing the first time- 2 mins a place so F3 & F4 and the back of the head- felt just wacked for almost a full 24h. see my post - I blasted my head with a laser now whatd? .
(i have a 48 IR led light now)

So next time lighten up on the time- try 1 min on f3, f4 and back of the head every second day or once every 3 days. thats it- less is more.

heck start with 30 seconds just for those spots and just take it from there.

Oh and as for the glass on the IR light- mine does not seem AR'ed or coated in any way and its IR I dont think the glass makes a difference.

Also the grease build up on an led board after a year would be pretty yuk. whereas the glass is easy to clean.

#852 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Sorry man, the first time or two can be a little strange. I wouldn't say you overdid it, but I currently suggest 1 minute per spot for the first time and I may even drop it to 30 seconds. The surge you felt was probably a rush of ATP (could be something else) at levels that your brain has never experienced before. This can lead to a sudden increase of energy followed by sleepiness. Most people are back to normal within 2 to 24 hours.

Let us know how you're doing tomorrow nuc. =)

#853 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

Got the same thing the first time- 2 mins a place so F3 & F4 and the back of the head- felt just wacked for almost a full 24h. see my post - I blasted my head with a laser now whatd? .
(i have a 48 IR led light now)

So next time lighten up on the time- try 1 min on f3, f4 and back of the head every second day or once every 3 days. thats it- less is more.

heck start with 30 seconds just for those spots and just take it from there.

Oh and as for the glass on the IR light- mine does not seem AR'ed or coated in any way and its IR I dont think the glass makes a difference.

Also the grease build up on an led board after a year would be pretty yuk. whereas the glass is easy to clean.

What's up rc? I remember that thread. ha How's LLLT been treating you the past month or so?

"less is more" --exactly right

"start with 30 seconds" -- I like this. I may bump my recommendation lower. It's really easy to go up from there. What does everyone think about this? Is a minute good for most people to start with or should we go down to 30 seconds (or less)?

#854 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

There seems to be a risk of potential unpleasant sensations when overdoing it the first time, so starting more conservatively seems like a good idea to me, if it can reduce or eliminate such effects.

#855 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

There seems to be a risk of potential unpleasant sensations when overdoing it the first time, so starting more conservatively seems like a good idea to me, if it can reduce or eliminate such effects.

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning that way too. One minute per spot is already so low. Hmm.....has anyone started with 1 minute per spot and had side effects? (other than a little sleepiness, of course)

Edited by lostfalco, 20 September 2013 - 03:36 AM.

#856 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

I wonder is 850nm light from LEDs visible to eye? I tried my cheap infrared 48LED device and cant see any trace of light, but also I didnt detected any heat from it so is it possible to find out if its actaully working any way?

#857 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

I wonder is 850nm light from LEDs visible to eye? I tried my cheap infrared 48LED device and cant see any trace of light, but also I didnt detected any heat from it so is it possible to find out if its actaully working any way?

Use your camera on your phone, and be sure to cover the light detector.
  • like x 1

#858 nuc

• 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Have you experienced symptoms like that before?
Any other mental issues?
What supplements/nootropics have you been using lately?
Do you use any recreational drugs?

Q:Have you experienced symptoms like that before?
A:Yes, it's similar to a few times when i've smoked/vaped weed too fast and the heart cannot pump oxygen fast enough to the brain. While most people pass out, i usually resist it therefore i feel the side effects as opposed to giving in. It can be compared to when people pass out during an accident and their body relaxes so upon waking up they feel less pain than someone who would have experienced the same even while being fully awake.

Q:Any other mental issues?
A:None

Q:What supplements/nootropics have you been using lately?
A:Last week i came off modafinil and stopped using it because it made me too conscious of my heart beat while resting;
This week i have been taking the following:

AM as followed:

500mg CDP Choline
400mg Oxiracetam
20-30mg Noopept
100mg Phenylpiracetam
300mg Pramiracetam
500mg Aniracetam
500mg L-Tyrosine
5g Creatine
3x Liv-32 tablets (Liver Protection)
1.5g N-Acetyl Cysteine (Liver Protection)
1g Hawthorn Berry (Heart/Blood Pressure Protection)
25mg Enobosarm (Tendon/Ligament/Bone/Muscle Healing)
3g Cissus Quadrangularis (Tendon/Ligament/Bone Healing/Testosterone Booster)
8g Chlorella "Cracked Wall" (Metal Detox)
600mg Artichoke Leaves Powder (PDE-4 Inhibitor)
500mg Lion's Mane Mushroom 10:1 (Nerve Growth Factor)
11g Fish Oil (2000mg EPA / 1100mg DHA)

4 Hours Later

250mg CDP Choline
200mg Oxiracetam
10-15mg Noopept
100mg Phenylpiracetam
300mg Pramiracetam
500mg Aniracetam
500mg L-Tyrosine

4 Hours Later

250mg CDP Choline
200mg Oxiracetam
10-15mg Noopept

4 Hours Later

250mg CDP Choline
200mg Oxiracetam
10-15mg Noopept

Q:Do you use any recreational drugs?
A:Not since i've been on Nootropics.

Edited by nuc, 20 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#859 Keynes

• 52 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

So I do have mononucleosis (got confirmed today, explains a bunch of stuff), and I'd like to start Tulip. I ordered the Jarrow Q10-PQQ combo and it shipped today, but I still need a good LED-setup. They do not ship the two that are recommended here to Sweden, so I was wondering what setups other Europeans are using?

#860 IggyKoopa

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

So I do have mononucleosis (got confirmed today, explains a bunch of stuff), and I'd like to start Tulip. I ordered the Jarrow Q10-PQQ combo and it shipped today, but I still need a good LED-setup. They do not ship the two that are recommended here to Sweden, so I was wondering what setups other Europeans are using?

you could see if this place ships http://www.dinodirec...6C15C=652518009 it's the same light that is recommended and the page says it's free worldwide shipping. It's about $8 more expensive from there though. The power supply it comes with works with 220v

Edited by IggyKoopa, 20 September 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#861 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Could these be shipped to Sweden?
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00BGLR78A/
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B009D8HISC/

Edited by lostfalco, 20 September 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#862 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Could these be shipped to Sweden?
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00BGLR78A/
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B009D8HISC/

He need other adaptors (afaik).
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48-LED-illuminator-light-CCTV-IR-Infrared-Night-Vision-/180410200537?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160 - I ordered that one and then went to a local shop and got an adaptor (they do not seem to be normal here).

#863 AscendantMind

• 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

A:Last week i came off modafinil and stopped using it because it made me too conscious of my heart beat while resting;

AM as followed:

500mg CDP Choline
400mg Oxiracetam
20-30mg Noopept
100mg Phenylpiracetam
300mg Pramiracetam
500mg Aniracetam
500mg L-Tyrosine
5g Creatine

That's a beast of a stack, nuc. What kind of results, especially quantitative, have you been seeing?

Edited by AscendantMind, 20 September 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#864 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

He need other adaptors (afaik).
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48-LED-illuminator-light-CCTV-IR-Infrared-Night-Vision-/180410200537?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160 - I ordered that one and then went to a local shop and got an adaptor (they do not seem to be normal here).

Awesome Nattzor. I will defer to you...you're the right man for this job. =)

#865 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

nuc: I would consider discontinuing that stack and sticking to lostfalco's recommended stack before lasering again. Far too many variables to keep track of, and risk of overload to your system. More is often just too much and can well be counterproductive.

When you have got the hang of what just the lasering and some mitochondrial enhancers do for you, gradually add on the others and note the difference.

I say this because the after effects (especially the following day) of my first lasering session were pretty unpleasant too. As a reference, that day and the previous ones I was taking Bacopa, spirulina, a full CILTEP stack including forskolin, and had been trying out lithium orotate the days before.

The second time I lasered I was just taking 100mg CoQ10, 500 mg Artichoke and 2-3 g of fish oil, and it was definitely a better experience.
  • like x 1

#866 nuc

• 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

AM as followed:

500mg CDP Choline
400mg Oxiracetam
20-30mg Noopept
100mg Phenylpiracetam
300mg Pramiracetam
500mg Aniracetam
500mg L-Tyrosine
5g Creatine

That's a beast of a stack, nuc. What kind of results, especially quantitative, have you been seeing?

I had been taking this stack a year prior before introducing nootropics, then i added only cdp choline/oxi/noop for 3 months and took a month to recover without any problems, then i added all the other noots (phenyl, ani, prami, lion's mane, artichoke, l-tyrosine and i forgot to add ump, which i also added at 150mg) without any problems.

For one the stack with only cdp choline/oxi/noop was okay but the effects of focus didn't last too long (maybe an hour), when i added everything else i still managed to get distracted but as soon as i did i was able to consciously to realise i was zoning out a few seconds after i did and took went 10 seconds back with my studies, and now that i was able to train myself to stop being distracted it has been happening less and only takes a split second to cancel out the distraction, and this for me is a MAJOR improvement. Other interesting that has been going on is the fact that while i'm at work doing physical activities or not studying, i keep having flashbacks of what i was trying to learn instead of thinking of stuff that would uplift me or depress me, of course i need to think about it first but it's basically like my thoughts become a snowball effect, i have complete control over what i wish to do, what i want to do, what i choose to do and how i choose to do it without any concern on what would usually change my mood, emotions or desires.

#867 nuc

• 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

nuc: I would consider discontinuing that stack and sticking to lostfalco's recommended stack before lasering again. Far too many variables to keep track of, and risk of overload to your system. More is often just too much and can well be counterproductive.

When you have got the hang of what just the lasering and some mitochondrial enhancers do for you, gradually add on the others and note the difference.

I say this because the after effects (especially the following day) of my first lasering session were pretty unpleasant too. As a reference, that day and the previous ones I was taking Bacopa, spirulina, a full CILTEP stack including forskolin, and had been trying out lithium orotate the days before.

The second time I lasered I was just taking 100mg CoQ10, 500 mg Artichoke and 2-3 g of fish oil, and it was definitely a better experience.

I will try to continue with the lasering 1 day on and 1 day off, i will see if the effects persist, it maybe just be a matter of my brain adapting to the sudden change it offers. Usually when things takes a drastic leap, my brain is usually in shock, like for example if i am carrying something very heavy that i usually carry around and got used to, if for some reason it just decided to fall on me because of something unforseen (like if a heavy box cracks open), if my reaction is quick enough to avoid injury my mind will most likely suffer a minor shock like with the laser. If you want a common example, imagine you are watching tv and you decide to turn your head to look at the time and there you see a big tarantula 2 inches away from your face hanging down and you suddenly jump, the moment after your mind will suffer the same kind of minor shock.

Edited by nuc, 20 September 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#868 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm 100% on board with this god. Of course, nuc...I'm just a guy and totally do what you want. =)

For me, I always try to simplify first. I'm just not smart enough to juggle 14 substances at once. A few years ago, I eliminated ALL noots and started at zero. I've slowly been building since and I've even dropped my initial foundation...modafinil. I don't miss it at all. Just my own personal experience.

god: So, LLLT/TULIP has been working a little better for you lately?

Edited by lostfalco, 20 September 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#869 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Falco
What do you do in between weight lifting sets?

Did you also receive the laser mount with the ebay laser?

Have you considered mounting multiple lasers at once?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#870 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

30 seconds to 1 minute lasering while resting between sets (sometimes a little more). Haven't done it for months though...focused on brain right now and actually TULIP by itself has made me pretty damn ripped without working out. My gf is not complaining. (tmi. ha)

Yeah, came with the mount. I haven't used the ebay laser in a while. I've been using the LEDs and the Vetro mainly.

I have mixed wavelengths simultaneously...yes. The Tendlite and the Vetro on the same spot. It was VERY stimulating. I don't currently recommend it until I've had a chance to research further. I'm not aware of any research that even exists on this right now. ha If anybody knows of any, please share. =)

Edited by lostfalco, 20 September 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By