• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Any contraindications/ dangerous interactions with this combination.

ssri cannibus interaction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cjgymrat

• 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

I am hoping that someone smarter/ more knowledgable in neuropharmacology could help me out here. :sad:

Any potential danger in consuming SSRI's (specifically 5mg lexapro) l-theanine, and cannibus concurrently. A few days ago I experimented with this combo, and felt very nauseated, anxious, and overall a horrible since of malaise. This is interesting to me, considering marijuana has generally had the opposite effect on me, that is I generally feel an overall sense of well being from it.

Needless to say, I have resolved to indefinitely give up smoking. I am however worried that some sort of residual damage has using these substances in concert with one another. 3 days later I feel disassociated, slow, and discombobulated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand I was being somewhat reckless, and I am in remorse. I just want to know if there is any scientific basis to my worrying.

#2 Guardian4981

• 248 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Cannibus gave me the worst anxiety in my life, I have not researched it thouroughly but I think it gave me near serotonin syndrom as my symptoms were similar to when I took too much 5-htp just more severe.

From that standpoint it may be a bad idea to use an ssri with cannibus.
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 cjgymrat

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

I didn't think serotonin syndrome was possible with cannibus+ssri due to their varying mechanism of action (cannibus acting on the CB1 receptors, lexapro SERT receptor). Then again, I do not know, which is why I posted this thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ssri, cannibus, interaction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users