Does anything heal nervedamage?

nervehealing?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I am just curious if there is any new scientific evidence for nerve healing or regrowth? There was some debate on (IGF- 1) and (HGH) a few years back. What are they saying about that today?

Is there anything that might heal nervedamage?

#2 Bonee

• 147 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

nerve damage is an umbrella term, I think we must specify which nerve damage are we speaking about?
what nerve damage do you want to heal?
CNS or PNS? PNS healing is much easier...
and even cns has to be separeted into the brain and spinal cord in my opinion, as i know extensive spinal cord injury cannot be healed as today...
for brain damage, again we have to specify the kind of the damage.
The main problem with the CNS is that neuronal loss gets filled up by microglia and neurons can't regrow...
but if its just dendrite loss or some malfunction there is evidence that bdnf can help.

Edited by Bonee, 17 May 2013 - 12:01 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Raptor87

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

Well lets play with PNS (just because it seems that there is some progress made there?). Shoot, what do you know!?

#4 tydi

• 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I have been looking for the same solution with a severe and extensive spinal cord injury that has gotten much better over the past couple of years, just due to insane amounts of persistence, as well as "working" these nerves until stimulation is established for new nerve growth.

There is a lot of pain that goes with this sort of "route", and it has shown major improvement including a multiple list of other methods attached into my self devoted based studies and trials, but all in all there is still a higher than normal level of pain that is associated with a spinal cord injury, and i do believe this is something that is going to take quite a while to heal both CNS and PNS fully, on its own, regardless. even with large amounts of effort put into this task.

If anyone has more information i would LOVE to read it.

#5 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

I don't know anything about the subject, but this study pointed to fish oil and curcumin as beneficial.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1638769.html

#6 tydi

• 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Fantastic advice about the Fish Oil (Omega-3), i did not know it was beneficial for nerve damage!

Edited by tydi, 27 May 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#7 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

First evidence that chitosan could repair spinal damage
http://www.eurekaler...b-fet040810.php

Chitosan produces potent neuroprotection and physiological recovery following traumatic spinal cord injury
http://jeb.biologist...213/9/1513.long
"...Topical application of chitosan after complete transection or compression of the guinea pig spinal cord facilitated sealing of neuronal membranes in ex vivo tests, and restored the conduction of nerve impulses through the length of spinal cords in vivo..."

Repairing rat sciatic nerve injury by a nerve-growth-factor-loaded, chitosan-based nerve conduit
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23586915

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Cool results with chitosan, but that's a surgical procedure- basically they are painting it on the damaged nerve. I'd imagine that people here would be looking for an oral agent.

#9 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

Cool results with chitosan, but that's a surgical procedure- basically they are painting it on the damaged nerve. I'd imagine that people here would be looking for an oral agent.

Well, how about an injectable that causes axonal migration across scar tissue? "Injections of the drug under the skin of paralyzed rats near the injury site partially restored axon growth and improved movements and bladder functions."

Yes, it's only a rat study, but maybe it's time for our biohackers to start tinkering.

I wonder if this would make a good complement to dihexa, which grows the other end of the neurons (the dendrites).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

I used thymosin beta 4 and hgh. The two work well together. 1mg a day of TB4 and 1 iu per day HGH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users