Echocardiogram plaque -(Help)

health

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nubiensunset

• 44 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Hey,

So im 23 years old. Im in pretty good shape, 5'6 115lbs. I recently had a slew of tests done at the YMCA. One of which being an echocardiogram.

All my tests came back fine except the echocardiogram showed I had a mild amount of plaque in my arteries.

I would like to take care of this NOW!

What are the best things I can do to try to clear out plaque and improve my cardio/overall health?

Thanks everyone!

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hmm. 23 years old, good shape, not overweight. Are you a heavy smoker, or do you have a familial dyslipidemia? i.e., does heart disease run in your family? I think you may have gotten a bum steer from the echo operator. Do you know what your cholesterol level is? How's your diet? It wouldn't hurt to get a VAP advanced lipid analysis. I don't think they are very expensive.

#3 nubiensunset

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

Not a heavy smoker, dont smoke at all anymore. I use to smoke alittle bit a few years ago but mainly herb and just a couple cig's a week. I kicked the cigs quick though.

I think heart disease might run in my family, ill find out. I know high cholesterol does, I guess those tests didnt check for cholesterol, ill look again to make sure. But my blood pressure and everything else was fine.

My diet is decent, i pretty much avoid fried and alot of grease and oil. When I eat at home its healthy, usually the meal will include a salad. If i eat out I usually go for a pretty healthy option at the restaurant. But my family is big fans of thai and vietnamese food so I have that a few times a week. No fast food.
Also, I eat alot of dark chocolate and take fish oil occasionally.

You know, ill look at what the results said exactly but it was kind of weird. On the cover page it said mild plaque, but then on the page where it actually listed the check boxes I think "no plaque" was checked. SO maybe it was like a really really small amount. Im not sure.

Thanks for the suggestion of VAP advanced lipid analysis, I look into taking that soon.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

Take a look at this thread for some tips.
  • like x 1

#5 nubiensunset

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Take a look at this thread for some tips.

Thank you, that is perfect!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users