CEFerulic + Sunscreen question

ferulic sunscreen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hi, I've got a quick question...

I wonder this: If I use C E Ferulic, my skin absorbs it because its got the right ph and stuff... If I now use C E Ferulic and immediately afterwards use a sunscreen on top of it, won't the sunscreen (that is full of nano ZnO) also get absorbed into the skin? Wouldn't this be a bad thing since its a physical sunscreen that should sit on top of the skin?

Does anyone have input on this?

Thank you very much!

#2 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Don't apply sunscreen right after. Wait at least 10 minutes or so. If you have no time for this, applying at nite is fine also.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Heyman

• Topic Starter
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Don't apply sunscreen right after. Wait at least 10 minutes or so. If you have no time for this, applying at nite is fine also.

Thank you very much! You sure about the application at night? Its weird, somehow Skinceuticals claim the effect is there for 72 hours, yet Eva somewhere mentioned that the antioxidant effect lasts only for ~ 6 hours... Which would make application at night somewhat useless (at least for the antioxidant effect)...

Can someone shed more light on that?

#4 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Go with what Skinceuticals say's. I know of many people who use it at nite.

#5 Next

• 42 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Meh, I heard somewhere that people are doing CeFerulic in morning and retinol (treinoin) at night. I'm gonna stick with that I think.

#6 Deckah

• 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

That's only if CEF acts as a carrier for other agents. Which I doubt you would have any problems w/ your sunscreen, but I would wait for application.

Usually most people I see on boards use it @ morning and night or just night.
Some don't do the morning thing since light oxidizes C and since the C being on your face/into your skin = ? from the lights oxidation effects on it.

What are you trying gain from a non-night applied C antioxidant effect (since you say 6hrs and the application @ night seeming useless)?
Actually, what are the effects skinceuticals claims from their serum? By 'effect' it seems there is an immediate effect? Something you wouldn't otherwise gain from a night application.

I never heard of anyone using this serum other than it's affect on skin and this can be gained from morning/midday/night applications.
Normally anything that I apply that seems worth a damn for anything skin related, it's going on @ night and if it's cost effective then I will also apply it @ morning.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ferulic, sunscreen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users