• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Fluorenol - A cheap,better alternative to modafinil?

eugeroic cheap next gen fluorenol modafinil

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 0010

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

I was lurking the internet and I came across this interesting chemical called Fluorenol. It's supposedly more potent than modafinil and it costs 57$ for 25g on Alfa aesar (Alfa aesar is know to ridiculously overpice their chemicals) but im pretty sure the chinese sell it for 0.25-1$ a gram in small amounts since its sold as an insecticide,algaecide and is produced in massive quantities. This chemical has no known toxicity/carcinogenicity in humans which makes it safe for experimentation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorenol

Just look at that beautiful symmetry.mmm

Attached Files

Edited by Schizo, 08 February 2014 - 01:14 AM.

• like x 2

#2 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

very interesting find

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

Just found a chinese supplier that sells it for 50 bucks a kilo! I will contact the supplier tomorrow to get an exact confirmation. I feel like this is a big find for us-noot-heads.

#4 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

@ schizo

Do you think it's a good idea to experiment with such drugs in your position?
I think you should be careful not to mess yourself up even more.

#5 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

any primate studies done with it?

#6 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

@dunbar

Whats the worst that could happen? I ditched the tought of using dopaminergic stimulants to help my lad so I'm moving to eugeroics,ampakines.

#7 dunbar

• 526 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

@ schizo

I don't know what could happen. I only know from reading some of your posts that you seem to have real mental issues
and you're also on abilify. Experimenting with other drugs at the same time without informing your doctor could be
dangerous. I think I'd rather try to find a good doctor and then treat whatever symptoms you have in correspondence with him
but taking prescription drugs and taking stuff on your could be dangerous.
Why do you even want a modafinil alternative? Do you have adhd or do you suffer from sleepiness?
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#8 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:30 AM

Can't find any, although there have been experiments on mice but i can't find those patents.I'll keep digging.

UPDATE: Found an interesting thread on longecity about novel eugeroics and it did mention fluorenol,if only they knew how cheap and openly available it is... we would already have made a group buy by now... haha So the question remains,who's gonna be the first to test this bad boy?! http://www.longecity...yond-modafinil/

Edited by Schizo, 08 February 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#9 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

I'll test it if someone buys it. Lol. Schizo is a big boy leave him alone.

#10 HoldingTheFaith

• 195 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

I gather that this thread is not a joke, but is hard to believe having in account the name of the drug: FLUORenol and for what this substance has been used.

From wiki:

Fluorenol was patented as an insecticide in 1939, [4] and is an algaecide against the green algae Dunaliella bioculata.[3]

You will be better off sniffing toothpaste.

Schizo, dude, let me refresh your memory a bit, I am quoting the poster Luminosity who made a brilliant point in one of your threads:

It looks like part of your problem is hurting yourself by taking bad things into your body.

See,I have had this problem. You are impulsive and self-destructive. Somehow, somewhat, the things you do for healing make you worse. I´ve been there. The solution is BE AWARE OF IT and think/research critically before taking action. Just because you read scientific literature being a youngster (as I do) doesn´t mean your decisions are going to be correct.

Edited by HoldingTheFaith, 08 February 2014 - 10:50 AM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#11 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'll just add this: Being intelligent, being a genius, or making novel discovery does not always mean being safe.

Marie Curie was a genius. She also died from exposure to her discovery.
  • like x 3
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#12 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

I gather that this thread is not a joke, but is hard to believe having in account the name of the drug: FLUORenol and for what this substance has been used.

From wiki:

Fluorenol was patented as an insecticide in 1939, [4] and is an algaecide against the green algae Dunaliella bioculata.[3]

You will be better off sniffing toothpaste.

this has really no relevance at all. it has "FLUOR" in the name? what are you assuming from the name? that it has fluorine in it?
1. tons of drugs have fluorine in them
2. this chemical DOESN'T have any in it
3. tons of different chemicals will kill insects. tons of them kill plants.

#13 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

I think what is being assumed is that this chemical has a lot of research as an insecticide, and not a lot as a nootropic. In fact, it doesn't quite fit our basic definitions of nootropic (low risk cognition enhancer with a hard to achieve overdose).

Structurally, this chemical is fairly close to some tetracyclic antidepressants, without the 7-carbon ring in the center, and without the fourth ring. It seems highly likely that it would have some neurological effect, but the simplicity of it says, to me, that it's unlikely to be very targetted.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#14 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm originally the "discoverer" of this one. If you check the wikipedia history, you'll notice I expanded it December 8th of last year.

I personally think it is potentially viable as a nootropic. The one glaring reason Cephalon never put in preclinical development (aside from being an herbicide) is the patent being long expired.

It clearly has low enough acute toxicity to not rule out, and interacts even less with liver enzymes than regular modafinil. This stuff should also be dirt cheap to get in bulk, and has the advantage of not only being unscheduled, but also having non-drug uses.

At a minimum, I'd like to do some full research on the toxicity of it (and probable metabolite(s)?), and some docking simulations. Cephalon's work made it look quite promising though.

Remember, plenty of drugs make good pesticides. Look at nicotine.

Yadayada was going to be working towards getting 2-[[2-(4-chlorophenyl)phenyl]methylsulfinyl]acetamide (which is definitely somewhat superior as eugeroic potency goes) synthesized from one of the shittywok pharma labs, but he (sadly) seems to be sort of out of things now.

I'd still love to see a group buy for 2-[[2-(4-chlorophenyl)phenyl]methylsulfinyl]acetamide, and maybe some other modafinil derivatives too. I'd love to see a high potency selective DRI as an uber-clean stim, in addition to more modafinil-esque ones like (possibly) Fluorenol.

More generally speaking, I've got the financial resources to finance an entire group buy upfront and take payment in cryptocurrency only when the compounds are delivered, so...
Posted Image
PMs appreciated!
  • like x 4

#15 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

It's an honor to meet you sir! :D I sent a quote to t&w on how much they ask for a kilo if its below 50 bucks then i'm buyin'. I'm also concerned about the possible toxicity. I'm surprised to see so many negative views on this find.. it's not like insects are closely related to humans. Could you please send Cephalon's Fluorenol patents?

#16 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

>Cephalon's Fluorenol patents

Haha, that's the entire point. They can't get one. The original patent on it expired decades ago.

That's the only reason I can see it never went into preclinical development, unlike 2-[[2-(4-chlorophenyl)phenyl]methylsulfinyl]acetamide as a replacement to (ar)modafinil.

#17 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

From what I've read 2-[[2-(4-chlorophenyl)phenyl]methylsulfinyl]acetamide is twice as potent as modafinil with slightly higher DAT inhibition so they're very similar with the exception that you have to take a pill half the size. I'm wondering if the potency is the issue here as they all share the same mechanism of action,right?

#18 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

This was potency as measured in rodent activity, not receptor binding.

So no, it's not just taking half the size of pill... it's literally twice as powerful in effects. Effects from a dose of a drug are not linear, there is a threshold and a maximum. The point is that among all drugs assayed in Cephalon's research for a next gen modafinil, 2-[[2-(4-chlorophenyl)phenyl]methylsulfinyl]acetamide had the single highest activity levels in rodents over a 4 hour window.

The DAT inhibition is also moderately stronger, likely meaning it has some mild classical stimulant properties beyond that of Modafinil. Fluorenol on the other hand likely does not, given the even lower DAT inhibition than Modafinil. Fluorenol may in some ways hold the key to uncovering more of how eugeroics work.

#19 the_apollo

• 153 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Just found a chinese supplier that sells it for 50 bucks a kilo! I will contact the supplier tomorrow to get an exact confirmation. I feel like this is a big find for us-noot-heads.

$50 for a whole Kilo of Fluorenol?.. Arent you worried of that they send you a fake product (like so many Chinese suppliers do) ?
  • like x 1

#20 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Is fluorenol a pro-drug like adrafinil? This looks great, cheap, not scheduled.

#21 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

$50 for a whole Kilo of Fluorenol?.. Arent you worried of that they send you a fake product (like so many Chinese suppliers do) ?

If its $50 for a kilo that should allow ample money for a proper lab-test! Check the nootropic subreddit for mod-recommended 3rd party lab. Hope this works out for everyone - could be a case of patent expired inspired amnesia about 'forgotten wonderdrug'; then again might also be plain unhealthy/non-functional although what little I've seen so far doesn't seem to suggest this.

#22 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

I'm willing to help pay for testing if we can get this ball rolling.

Edited by Metagene, 10 February 2014 - 06:26 PM.

• like x 1

#23 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

@ZHMike Nope but it's an active metabolite of a novel eugeroic,here: http://www.sciencedi...960894X12004702

#24 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Any updates Schizo?

#25 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

I sent an inquiry 4 days ago,still no reply. I'm gonna contact them using skype. T&W is a reputable company.

#26 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

Been searching a bit for any human trials... no luck. Kind of weird actually, in theory this seems like a winner. Makes me wonder why no human trials were attempted by pharma??

On a side note I have been taking adrafinil 600-900 mg for about 3 months, with about 6-8 drinks a week of alcohol. For what its worth my liver function came back all normal, but long term use still is scary.

Edited by ZHMike, 13 February 2014 - 05:32 AM.

#27 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

Been searching a bit for any human trials... no luck. Kind of weird actually, in theory this seems like a winner. Makes me wonder why no human trials were attempted by pharma??

Already been covered

On a side note I have been taking adrafinil 600-900 mg for about 3 months, with about 6-8 drinks a week of alcohol. For what its worth my liver function came back all normal, but long term use still is scary.

The risk of actual serious liver damage is very small. There's nothing too "scary" about that dose of Adrafinil.

#28 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

I sent an inquiry 4 days ago,still no reply. I'm gonna contact them using skype. T&W is a reputable company.

Updates?

#29 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

Please do not let this thread die..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 0010

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Sorry.. None of the companies have replied. You can try getting it yourself, just go on alibaba and contact a few companies. I'm no longer interested in trying this substance as I've found a drug combination that gives me a ''god-like'' mental edge. If you're looking for a good modafinil source, go to sun nootropics and e-mail them for bulk modafinil, it's not listed on their website of course.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users