noopept not working

aniracetam oxiracetam phenibut sulbutiamine zma bacopa noopept libido 5htp

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 oneshot2shots

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

After taking 80 mg of noopept I cant believe I havn't got any effect whatsoever, bar a supreme increase in libido(which i think came from the sulbutiamine tablet i had this morning, which did give a subtle effect). Took under the tongue until it got too annoying and just swallowed them back. I also took a lot of other supplements this morning none of which should interfere with the pept - cod liver oil, zma, bacopa, 2 choline inositol, d3, 5htp,glutamine. I think its safe to say that for my chemistry it just doesen't work, I might try another 80 mg tomorrow morning and once more mega dose and leave off.

I think it could have something to do with the bioavailability, I don't seem to absorb things half as well through tablet form. Silly as it sounds i think I will snort 20 mg to make sure, after taking such a huge dose it should have had some effect. I get a huge kick off aniracetam when mixing it with my cocoa, but when taking the tablets not so much(or it may be more subtler as opposed to hitting me faster and being used up quicker). Any of you doctor people know if it could be related to the BBB/heard of this before??

Am a little dissappinted. I do get a lot out of phenibut but not so much as other people, and that can only be taken twice a week.(only had it twice, first time had more noticeable effects). Will have to use oxiracetam more to notice any affects. Thinking of doing sulbutiamine twice a week, phenibut twice a week(when going out) with ani and oxi 5 days. Will post nxt week when have more info.

#2 toddtrout

• 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

My limited experience is that noopept powder I bought had no effect on me that I could perceive. I bought some Russian branded noopept tablets and tried that, just once so far so I'm still sorting out the differences, but I did feel

some effect with the Russian noopept and that was only at 10mg. The powder has a very noticeable floral smell. I crushed one of the Russian tablets and was not able to detect this smell, I don't know if this has any significance or

not. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 oneshot2shots

• Topic Starter
  • 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

My limited experience is that noopept powder I bought had no effect on me that I could perceive. I bought some Russian branded noopept tablets and tried that, just once so far so I'm still sorting out the differences, but I did feel

some effect with the Russian noopept and that was only at 10mg. The powder has a very noticeable floral smell. I crushed one of the Russian tablets and was not able to detect this smell, I don't know if this has any significance or

not. 

Yes I'm giving it a skip.

2 days phenibut, 2 days modafinil, 2 days sulbutiamine oxiracetam and aniracetam five times a week are what I'm going to do. Noopeptt just doesen't doing anything to me its pretty weird, don't have time to mess around with it.

Edited by oneshot2shots, 14 April 2014 - 09:28 PM.

#4 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

I also don't seem to get anything from Noopept whether I take large or small doses, there just does not appear to be any improvements, whether at work or play. Could it be that maybe we just don't have real Noopept? It could just be fake?

#5 toddtrout

• 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

I don't regret trying all of these chemicals, including Noopept to see what would happen but...

OneShot: "2 days phenibut, 2 days modafinil, 2 days sulbutiamine oxiracetam and aniracetam five times a week"

^ This - is almost exactly the same stack I've starting to settle on. I'm doing some weeks with Oxi and some on Pir both with Centrophenoxine, tracking

the differences. Early results for me was that Oxi was making me a little too elevated. Ani in particular has been a huge win for anxiety control.

* I'm a tech consultant and some jobs might benefit more from Oxi's boost but right now Pir's effect of turning me into a "Meat Robot" is valuable

for the tech problems I'm solving at this time.  

#6 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

zma + cod liver oil could just as likely be responsible for the libido surge. zma is known in the body building community to boost testosterone, plus the epa & dha for fertility and sperm production.

Noopept worked wonderfully for me, beyond my expectations. I had moments of euphoria where i almost cried. I felt extremely motivated and focused. It was very serene. Unfortunatley, it lost effectiveness quickly. Try noopept again with Ashwagandha. I was on it when I tried noopept. I think I read somewhere that the -racetams are dependent on the HPA axis. Since Noopept is a piracetam derivative and Ashwagandha is taken to support the adrenals, they may syngergize well.

#7 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

NOOPEPT IS FAT SOLUBLE, SWALLOW WITH SOMETHING FATTY LIKE FISH, KRIL OR COCONUT OIL, OR PREFERABLY AFTER A LIGHT MEAL. IF YOU DO NOT THEN YOU IMPAIR NOOPEPT'S EFFECTIVENESS. All reports of noopept's effectiveness when taken on an empty stomach or sublingually are a combintion of partial effectiveness and almost certainly placebo effect. If you take Noopept with food and you notice that it lasts longer than the water soluble nootropics you've been taking, you're doing it right.

Edited by Duchykins, 17 April 2014 - 01:22 AM.

• like x 1

#8 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:26 AM

Side note: Omega 3s increase dopamine via inhibiting enzymes that break down dopamine. Sex drive goes up. But it can also increase norepinephrine so don't go crazy with it.

Aniracetam is also fat soluble. Take with food for best results.

Also Nefiracetam, which is one of my favorites. Nefiracetam + Noopept + fish oil + extra virgin coconut oil + complex carb food = OH SWEET DADDY

Edited by Duchykins, 17 April 2014 - 01:29 AM.

#9 MM28

• 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

I still do not have a daily "stack" per se, but I have Phenylpiracetam, L-Theanine, Choline Bitartrate, and Noopept--all from Liftmode. To be relevant to the post, I will discuss my experience with Noopept. The first day I took one milligram (small blue scoop) and it was too much. I felt like I had taken an adderall and was a pissed off let's do work and don't talk to me machine. It was not enjoyable. I've since halfed the dosage and was much happier with the results. I don't get the social uplift that phenyl gives me, but I definitely get the focus needed to power through a day. I only take my supplements in the morning. When added to phenyl (100 mg) they seem to potentiate eachother, although I limit phenyl to once a week to get the euphoric+focus+energy+smiles experience. Noopept has made me a little more on edge. I am much more likely to outwardly react, so I am thinking of boosting my L-Theanine intake to hopefully level that out. I do not recommend Noopept for anyone that needs to perform in a social atmosphere, it is much more suited to crank out hours of logic/memory work.

#10 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

Are you talking about those generic blue and green microscoops that are commonly sent with nootropics? If so, that blue scoop isn't 1mg, it's 10-15mg depending on the substance being measured. The green scoop is 3-7mg again depending on the substance. I don't know any scoop small enough to do 1mg, especially a substance like Noopept which isn't loaded with fillers where you could measure 5mg of powder for 1mg of Noopept.

Your anger and edginess, loss of sociability and difficulty controlling was caused by you throwing off your glutamate-GABA-serotonin balance. Too much glutamate, too much acetycholine, too much dopamine and norepinephrine, too much histamine, too little GABA and serotonin. I see people do this all the time with nootropics with the typical doses.

Additional theanine may help. Other chemicals that help support GABA and serotonin would help, here is a short list of the most common ones: B vitamins (all of them including inositol/B8), magnesium, zinc, taurine, lysine, ashwaganda, tryptophan, 5-htp. Reducing or eliminating stimulants like caffeine would lessen the interference with GABA.

#11 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

I still do not have a daily "stack" per se, but I have Phenylpiracetam, L-Theanine, Choline Bitartrate, and Noopept--all from Liftmode. To be relevant to the post, I will discuss my experience with Noopept. The first day I took one milligram (small blue scoop) and it was too much. I felt like I had taken an adderall and was a pissed off let's do work and don't talk to me machine. It was not enjoyable. I've since halfed the dosage and was much happier with the results. I don't get the social uplift that phenyl gives me, but I definitely get the focus needed to power through a day. I only take my supplements in the morning. When added to phenyl (100 mg) they seem to potentiate eachother, although I limit phenyl to once a week to get the euphoric+focus+energy+smiles experience. Noopept has made me a little more on edge. I am much more likely to outwardly react, so I am thinking of boosting my L-Theanine intake to hopefully level that out. I do not recommend Noopept for anyone that needs to perform in a social atmosphere, it is much more suited to crank out hours of logic/memory work.

All the positive effects of Noopept were gone in about a week and a half for me. Towards the end, I became very irritable. I felt like everyone was moving and talking so slowly around me and I became soooo frustrated by it. I wanted Noopept to be my perfect nootropic but now I see it more as an occasional use substance since so many people build a tolerance to it requring cycling. It has permanent long term effects like boosting NGF and BDNF i think. So its almost like the therapeutic use of psychedelics in depression and creativity with long term effects except that Noopept is not at all psychoactive in that way. I would say that I benefited from it in the longrun. Perhaps you could retrial noopept with some magnesium & potassium or something like kava kava root.

#12 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

NOOPEPT IS FAT SOLUBLE, SWALLOW WITH SOMETHING FATTY LIKE FISH, KRIL OR COCONUT OIL, OR PREFERABLY AFTER A LIGHT MEAL. IF YOU DO NOT THEN YOU IMPAIR NOOPEPT'S EFFECTIVENESS. All reports of noopept's effectiveness when taken on an empty stomach or sublingually are a combintion of partial effectiveness and almost certainly placebo effect. If you take Noopept with food and you notice that it lasts longer than the water soluble nootropics you've been taking, you're doing it right.

So you are saying that it is better to ingest then to take sublingually is that correct? It seems to go against what others say about it being absorbed better sublingually.

#13 oneshot2shots

• Topic Starter
  • 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Regardless of all the sound advice, the doses I have been taking should have some effect. I took 80 mg and snorted 20mg the day after and got zero. I wouldn't think taking 20mg with a bit of fish oil is going to make a huger difference. Usually I have my Bullet proof coffee(coffee with coconut oil and butter with full fat milk) and then take all the supplements with water, including the fat soluble ones. Anyone know why exactly fat soluble foods have to taken with fat?? I mean if taken with water will they just sit in the stomach, interacting with nothing, evaporate to a vapour and float out your nostrils?? They surely have to dissolve somehow, at some stage.

I will still take the tablets, so i will try another big dose with oil and update, but I'm not confident in any sort of effect. Might order nefiracetam and try Duchykins receipe, or else just with magnesium and potassium(banana??).  I think one of the problems could be that I am unable able to isolate whats doing what - taking a load of supplements in the morning, feeling good(more or less), but am unsure why. Back to square one, will try one or two supplements each morning and note how i feel. All I can say for definate at this stage is that I definately fell better after taking

(i)cod liver oil

(ii)Cacao powder

(iii)bulletproof coffee

(iv)Tea and eggs

The surge in libido went above and beyond what the zma and cod liver oil usually do for me. I might try taking cacoa instead of coffee in case it makes a difference, if caffeine interfers with GABA.

#14 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Try this; take your oils and milk and tea, eat a banana or other fruit for the carbs, maybe a piece of bread or a few crackers if you want, or egg, with nothing else, take 10mg noopept about ten mins later. No caffeine, no choline, no glutamine, if you've been taking more than 100mg of 5-htp daily for a while then take no more than 50mg (5-htp is something else that doesn't work as well without food), no bacopa, no more than 300mg inositol. If you've been on the 5htp and inositol for a while then we wouldn't want to stop those so suddenly.

Wait and see what happens.

If you got nothing after an hour, put your noopept in water and watch it. Most should float around the top since noopept is mostly fat soluble. If it doesn't then, you have bunk noopept. If it's floating then pffft I have no real idea what's going on.

If you get a headache then take a SMALL dose of your choline source. If you have capsules of choline and inositol together then try to get them separately next time you buy. I wonder if you could be numbing yourself with too much acetylcholine and serotonin, perhaps even histamine. Please don't put stuff up your nose like that, there is no good reason to do so and a great deal of reasons not to. If you have a history of drug abuse then that could be playing a role in noopept's lack of effectiveness.

Next time you take your noot, your choline and glutamine together, take an antihistamine like Zyrtec or Claritin, start with a 5mg dose once daily, up to 10mg in 24 hours. It can take a full day before you notice them working. If you notice positive effects the next day, then that means your histamine is causing problems for you.

Edited by Duchykins, 18 April 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#15 oneshot2shots

• Topic Starter
  • 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Try this; take your oils and milk and tea, eat a banana or other fruit for the carbs, maybe a piece of bread or a few crackers if you want, or egg, with nothing else, take 10mg noopept about ten mins later. No caffeine, no choline, no glutamine, if you've been taking more than 100mg of 5-htp daily for a while then take no more than 50mg (5-htp is something else that doesn't work as well without food), no bacopa, no more than 300mg inositol. If you've been on the 5htp and inositol for a while then we wouldn't want to stop those so suddenly.

If you got nothing after an hour, put your noopept in water and watch it. Most should float around the top since noopept is mostly fat soluble. If it doesn't then, you have bunk noopept. If it's floating then pffft I have no real idea what's going on.

If you get a headache then take a SMALL dose of your choline source. If you have capsules of choline and inositol together then try to get them separately next time you buy. I wonder if you could be numbing yourself with too much acetylcholine and serotonin, perhaps even histamine. Please don't put stuff up your nose like that, there is no good reason to do so and a great deal of reasons not to. If you have a history of drug abuse then that could be playing a role in noopept's lack of effectiveness.

Next time you take your noot, your choline and glutamine together, take an antihistamine like Zyrtec or Claritin, start with a 5mg dose once daily, up to 10mg in 24 hours. It can take a full day before you notice them working. If you notice positive effects the next day, then that means your histamine is causing problems for you.

Thanks, I'll try that on Monday when I get back to my noopept supply and report back.

First thing I'm going to do is see if it floats, no point racking my brain trying to figure it out otherwise.

Been googling histamine and serontonin and nothing in my diet suggests I should have a high or even moderate supply of either(unless some of the suplements I'm taking, like 5htp, contain very high levels). I am undertaking the bulletproof diet. I do probably have a crazy high level of choline, as I always have 2 raw eggs, a mountain of brocolli and brussell spruots, and a choline inositol supplement with 250 mg of each per tablet, aside from whatever else I eat in the diet which may include Choline.  It's really not as linear as more good food= better well being unfortunately, if I have to cut back on the brussell sprouts I'll have heard it all. 

P:S No history of drug use, was not actually aware that taking substances up the nose was terribly bad for you, other then the obvious association with drug users. 

#16 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Thanks, I'll try that on Monday when I get back to my noopept supply and report back.

First thing I'm going to do is see if it floats, no point racking my brain trying to figure it out otherwise.

Been googling histamine and serontonin and nothing in my diet suggests I should have a high or even moderate supply of either(unless some of the suplements I'm taking, like 5htp, contain very high levels). I am undertaking the bulletproof diet. I do probably have a crazy high level of choline, as I always have 2 raw eggs, a mountain of brocolli and brussell spruots, and a choline inositol supplement with 250 mg of each per tablet, aside from whatever else I eat in the diet which may include Choline.  It's really not as linear as more good food= better well being unfortunately, if I have to cut back on the brussell sprouts I'll have heard it all. 

P:S No history of drug use, was not actually aware that taking substances up the nose was terribly bad for you, other then the obvious association with drug users. 

I'm sorry I was abrupt before and didn't elaborate a few things. I'm using a tablet and sometimes I don't use my little Bluetooth keyboard and using the touch keyboard is very annoying for me and that tends to color my writing. So I didn't mean to give the wrong idea about histamine, I'll try to explain a little better. There is a strong relationship between glutamate and histamine, and a relationship between glutamate and acetylcholine that seems to be largely unknown in nootropic circles. When we take racetams and significantly increase glutamate activity, we are also indirectly increasing our histamine. Like everything, there is a goldilocks zone for histamine, going too low or too high is bad. Worse, a lot of the symptoms of histamine intolerance either mimic high acetylcholine or are actually high histamine symptoms mistaken for high acetylcholine. This information will be useful for some but not for others.

Too much serotonin can be emotionally numbing for a lot of people, it is inhibitory after all, and it's why you would hear some former SSRI user talk about how this or that antidepressant made them zombie or robot like. One of the symptoms of high acetylcholine appears to be decreased capacity or absence of pleasure. Acetylcholine has different effects on us depending how much we have. Low acetylcholine is stimulatory, correlating with increased serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine, but high is depressive, accompanied by decreased serotonin and dopamine with increased norepinephrine. Which perfectly explains the reports of adverse effects of high acetylcholine.

I wish it were simpler that that, but the truth is that it's even more complex than we understand right now, so I wish you luck in trying to figure this thing out.

#17 oneshot2shots

• Topic Starter
  • 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Finally got around to doing this, been ridiculously busy.

Well the noopept sank straight to the bottom. But so did my aniracetam, also fat soluable?? Both from nootropics.co.uk.100%, fat soluable substances like this should always float??When I said in an earlier post that I seemed to get less of an effect off tablets, one of the reasons for this was because when I got aniracetam in powder I noticed a huge difference, not so much off the tablets (the tablets being from nootropics.co.uk). The sulbutiamine I got off them also has a brownish/yellowish tinge as opposed to the pure white of other tablets. I decided to go with the same supplier for my order(this being my big first one) for the sake of convenience, but am regretting it looking at my ani and pept sitting at the bottom of the glass. Will order from somewhere else I think, but at least I am sure the the phenibut I got off them is legit.

Duchykins, didnt't even notice you being abrupt, and I have a thick skin anyway:) Was unaware that more choline(which leads to acetylcholine?) can lead to depression, definately have not heard tha mentioned in nootropic circles. I'm going to leave off taking choline supplements unless taking a very large racetam dose, as I have never got headaches form taking nootopics when not taking choline and think i may get enough from my diet.Even though low acetylcholine=high serontonin which could lead to depression. aggh. Hope its just the simple,obvious answer of bunk noopept

#18 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

Actually, the Bacopa, being an adaptogen and leveling you out, could interfere with feeling Noopept work.

Honestly tho, Noopept is not all it is cracked up to be. The claims online of its potency (1000x stronger than Piracetam) are vastly overstated. And it is not at all similar in structure or effect to racetam substances like it has been claimed to be. It's a mild anxiolytic at best, and ineffective at worst. When taken into the body, Noopept is broken down into cycloprolylglycine, an endogenous chemical with some benefits but already existing in the body. The fact that there is not a dose related increase in effectiveness, and that past a certain point the effects go down, point out another reason that Noopept is not the wonder drug the Russian scientists that invented it would have you believe.

Overall, I use Noopept right now because I got suckered into buying 5 grams of it way back when, and at the actually effective dosages for me (5-20 mg), it will take me a few more months to have cone through the whole bottle. I've tried it at huge doses (200mg, once 800mg), and other than a brief spike of energy entirely attributable to placebo, it didn't have much of a noticeable effect. It's a mildly useful addition to my stack, with some mild anxiolytic properties, but after this batch I will not be purchasing any more. Two eggs, over easy, with all their choline and b vitamins, have more of a noticeable effect on my mood and cognition than Noopept ever could.

Edited by Jeoshua, 26 April 2014 - 12:27 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#19 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Finally got around to doing this, been ridiculously busy.

Well the noopept sank straight to the bottom. But so did my aniracetam, also fat soluable?? Both from nootropics.co.uk.100%, fat soluable substances like this should always float??When I said in an earlier post that I seemed to get less of an effect off tablets, one of the reasons for this was because when I got aniracetam in powder I noticed a huge difference, not so much off the tablets (the tablets being from nootropics.co.uk). The sulbutiamine I got off them also has a brownish/yellowish tinge as opposed to the pure white of other tablets. I decided to go with the same supplier for my order(this being my big first one) for the sake of convenience, but am regretting it looking at my ani and pept sitting at the bottom of the glass. Will order from somewhere else I think, but at least I am sure the the phenibut I got off them is legit.

Duchykins, didnt't even notice you being abrupt, and I have a thick skin anyway:) Was unaware that more choline(which leads to acetylcholine?) can lead to depression, definately have not heard tha mentioned in nootropic circles. I'm going to leave off taking choline supplements unless taking a very large racetam dose, as I have never got headaches form taking nootopics when not taking choline and think i may get enough from my diet.Even though low acetylcholine=high serontonin which could lead to depression. aggh. Hope its just the simple,obvious answer of bunk noopept

The noopept, ani and sulbutiamine should all (mostly) float, to my knowledge, all being fat soluble. I just checked my New Star noopept and it floats, and it's never let me down, but consistent with Jeoshua's testimony, I'm not sure it's all that awesome by itself (I have never dosed more than 30mg in one day though), I think noopept (like coluracetam) does its best work paired with something like Nef or Ani for a calm, quiet focus rather than a stimulating effect. That could just be my preference because my biochemistry has always been more inclined to be overexcitable so a stimulant is usually the last thing I need.

I can't speak to tablets since I've never taken any of them as tablets, but my sulbutiamine powder is definitely a bright white, and this particular one came from HSW, as did my aniracetam and first trial of coluracetam. I typically only order from HSW if I want to give something a try for the first time since they sell very small amounts of chemicals for just a couple of dollars, and if I like it then I'll often buy from New Star after that. Though I'm in California and can't speak to UK vendors, I would definitely start looking around at different vendors.

Good luck buddy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aniracetam, oxiracetam, phenibut, sulbutiamine, zma, bacopa, noopept, libido, 5htp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users