- - - - -

Vizomitin (SKQ1 eye drops) - Phase II initiated in US

skq1 eye

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:35 AM

I've just noticed that Mitotech announced the initiation of Phace II clinical trial of SKQ1 eye drops on their website www.mitotechpharma.com. Their pipeline information www.mitotechpharma.com/programs shows that it is already approved in Russia.

I am curious if anyone has any experience regarding Russian Vizomitin eye drops?

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

What condition are these eye drops supposed to improve?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

chronic dry eye

#4 zen

• Topic Starter
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

chronic dry eye

Phase II is for Dry Eye, the other applications they are pursuing are listed on their website.

However there is an information out there regarding its application in cataracts, glaucoma etc.
For example take a look on http://protein.bio.m...l/77070827.html

This video mention that prof. Skulachev cured cataracts in his own eye with SKQ1:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Lqwoo-O_GwM

That is why I am curious if anyone has any experience using Vizomitin.

Edited by zen, 23 April 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#5 IgG

• Guest, F@H
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:19 AM

Thank you. These eyedrops do look very interesting. The main ingredient is an antioxidant SkQ1 (plastoquinonyl-10(6'-decyltriphenyl)phosphonium). It looks like they jumped from mice to pharmacies in just 4 years...

Clinical information (in Russian but has interesting graphs and photos) http://visomitin.ru/doc/index.php?ID=6

Information about SkQ1: http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3249450/

Main application: Chronic dry eye

Off-label applications: 

- Age-Related Macular Degeneration

- Cataracts

- Glaucoma

- Uveitis

Came on the market at the end of 2012.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to import it, the drops must be kept refrigerated (from 35 to 47 degrees).

Edited by IgG, 14 May 2014 - 06:03 AM.

• like x 2

#6 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

comes to the market at the end of 2012 ? you posted this yestarday to tell us it comes out at the end of 2012....

and for dry eyes, arent there tons of cheap eye drops sold all over already? strange thread....

• dislike x 5
  • Agree x 1

#7 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

If Vladi himself is to be believed this will be quite different from already existing eyedrops.

#8 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

Does anybody know if there is anywhere to purchase this? I'm guessing not, but if anybody's producing it I'd like to (literally) use it on my dog. He's getting some pretty bad cataracts.

#9 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

Does anybody know if there is anywhere to purchase this? I'm guessing not, but if anybody's producing it I'd like to (literally) use it on my dog. He's getting some pretty bad cataracts.

I found a supplier on eBay but be aware of the insane mark up price.

http://m.ebay.com/it...80595282?nav=VI

#10 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Expensive and might be destroyed via shipment outside of Russia..

#11 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

Yes, and the ebay seller requires you to pick it up and won't deliver.

#12 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

You can get acetylcarnosine eyedrops at places like Swanson, Amazon, or iherb.  They work by a different mechanism, and there is some clinical evidence for their effectiveness.  There may well be some benefit from combining them with Visomitin.

#13 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

Thanks,

I'll try it. But at this point, I don't see any way to get Visomitin to my home in the states. Perhaps it will help on it's own.

#14 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

Josh Mitteldorf who runs an anti-aging blog reports that he experienced no change in sight after one year of usage. Maybe his batch was destroyed in transit though, he probably lives in the US.

• Informative x 1

#15 alseho

• 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

Visomitin is available at my local drugstore. I can send it to you if you want.

• Informative x 2

#16 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

Alseho,

I might if you had been on this site for at least a year, but I have no way to verify whom you are or if I would ever get it. Nothing personal, but this is apparently your first post and I'm hesitant.

#17 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:10 AM

Sorry,

I've see you been on since May 13, but this is your first post. Is shipping even normal between our two countries now?

#18 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Josh Mitteldorf who runs an anti-aging blog reports that he experienced no change in sight after one year of usage. Maybe his batch was destroyed in transit though, he probably lives in the US.

I think SkQ1 is pretty stable, so it was probably just that whatever his vision problem was, it wasn't something that a mitochondrial antioxidant will help.  Another possibility is usage-- people usually put in drops while standing up, then blink a few times to spread them around.  What actually happens when you do that is that you are pumping the liquid out of your eye.  Instead, you should put in the drops, then close your eyes gently and tilt your head back or lay down for a minute.

• like x 1

#19 alseho

• 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

Alseho,

I might if you had been on this site for at least a year, but I have no way to verify whom you are or if I would ever get it. Nothing personal, but this is apparently your first post and I'm hesitant.

I lurk here since the beginning of times ) I don't participate in discussions at all, and created my account only for the purpose of viewing attachments. The language barrier, as you can see, also prevents me from posting much.

You completely misunderstood me. As you can see, I said "send", not "sell". Visomitin is dirt cheap here, so no payment is required from you. Just wanted to help your dog. It's still cold in my town, so the active substance may have a chance to survive the travel(also I'm not sure it will pass through customs).

Anyway, it's up to you. If you think that there is a chance that Visomitin will help your dog, just give me your postal address. But I can't guarantee that substance won't degrade or get seized.

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#20 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

Alseho,

I lurk here since the beginning of times ) I don't participate in discussions at all, and created my account only for the purpose of viewing attachments. The language barrier, as you can see, also prevents me from posting much.

You completely misunderstood me. As you can see, I said "send", not "sell". Visomitin is dirt cheap here, so no payment is required from you. Just wanted to help your dog. It's still cold in my town, so the active substance may have a chance to survive the travel(also I'm not sure it will pass through customs).

Anyway, it's up to you. If you think that there is a chance that Visomitin will help your dog, just give me your postal address. But I can't guarantee that substance won't degrade or get seized.

I'm willing to pay at least the U.S equivalent and enough to cover shipping.

#21 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

I think SkQ1 is pretty stable, so it was probably just that whatever his vision problem was, it wasn't something that a mitochondrial antioxidant will help.  Another possibility is usage-- people usually put in drops while standing up, then blink a few times to spread them around.  What actually happens when you do that is that you are pumping the liquid out of your eye.  Instead, you should put in the drops, then close your eyes gently and tilt your head back or lay down for a minute.

I can't remember exactly where I read it, and I'm not in the mood to go looking. But IIRC a person selling Vizomition outside of Russia specifically stated that there was a risk that it would be destroyed by heating/cooling or something along those lines while transit through customs.

#22 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

I can't remember exactly where I read it, and I'm not in the mood to go looking. But IIRC a person selling Vizomition outside of Russia specifically stated that there was a risk that it would be destroyed by heating/cooling or something along those lines while transit through customs.

I think it will be fine.

Evaluating the Stability of a Cationic Plastoquinone Derivative (PDTP) in Visomitin Eye Drops

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

• Informative x 1

#23 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

It probably is fine, but from the paper that Metagene posted, it's a bit more thermally labile than I thought.  After spending a year at 25C (77F), you lose 35-40% of the SkQ1.  At 4C, the loss is negligible.  The question is what temperature did it see, and for how long?   The rate of the degradative reactions will increase exponentially with temperature.  I think it would only be a problem if it got really hot, like from sitting in an unvented shipping container in the sun for a couple weeks.

#24 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

Damned, after vitrectomy i have cataract in my left eye that was stable for at least 6 months but now is worsening rapidly. Does this stuff really work? Could i go to russia and buy this over the counter?

#25 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

I tried to order iSkQ from ebay. It doesn't ship to Britain. Is there anyway that we can get it in Europe

#26 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Bump, can we get a reliable adress in europe for these eyedrops?

#27 AnnMitchell

• 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

I tryed to find it on ebay without results. So i baught it on rupharmacy.com/visomitin

#28 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

There's now two sources of Visomitin that ship to North America and Europe

https://nootropicspo...visomitin-skq1/

#29 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

If I had any eye issues other than weak nearsightedness (prescription -0.75) I'd get some but I don't think it can reshape the lens back to a normal state. I am at risk for age related macular degeneration though so this may be useful soon.

I'd love to get my hands on some pills, assuming its bioavailable. I'm wondering what happened with all that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 AnnMitchell

• 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

Bitcoin? Are you serious? I need to pay by AmEx or my Visa as in

https://www.rupharmacy.com/visomitin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users