BEWARE of Ebay Seller who are scammers like reagent_shop

scams ebay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hey guys,

Just been scammed for about 100 USD  by this ebay seller http://www.ebay.com/usr/reagent_shop

which on the surface looks great with loads of feedback. They even have a website http://reagentshop.com/

ordered from them and got a crappy detergent instead after waiting 25 days. They boast selling every chemical, but use generic photos, at first it looks trustworthy. As they say the product is from Japan.

Very pissed off, upon closer inspection, there are warning signs.

1) they don't offer refunds

2) all the feedback are from fake accounts, and fake products, the feedback also repeats

3) the only 3 negative feedback all say they received the wrong products, the shop doesn't say anything but that it's the buyers problem

4) website is based in united states, host gator which gives it a high trust factor on scam adviser, but upon closer inspection the owner is the CEO if hostgator which means the owned is probably some scammer based in some third world country.

Luckily they didn't bother printing a fake label, as one of the negative feedback said the lab tests show the chemical is not the chemical they are selling, this is particular dangerous if an lab rat has any plans to ingest the stuff and turns out its some dangerous solvent.

In China you can pay small money to easily get 1000s of good feedbacks from numerous fake accounts. I'm an idiot for forgetting about that fact, as I've never gotten scammed like this before, fortunately it wasn't something expensive like a laptop or something.

Next time you buy from ebay, better make sure it checks out, or you could be getting scammed, I can't dispute this as paypal is shit, and somehow they locked my account, but when i choose to unlock it just puts me back to their generic help page. 

So annoyed!

#2 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

Did you report them to ebay and PayPal?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

You forgot the biggest tells:

Assures you on its front page that it's genuine, in huge letters.

Misuses the English language enough to seem that it's a second language to the writers.

Completely stock photos for all "scientists" and "products"

Edited by Jeoshua, 02 May 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#4 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

It is terrible that you were scammed but their reply to one of the negative feedbacks is one of the funniest things that I have read the entire week. A shame they have been scamming people for such a long period of time (quoted feedback is almost a year old). Document as much as possible, including the previous negative feedback the seller and try contacting both eBay and PayPal.

Lab test showed chemical not as advertised, vendor would not accept return.

• Reply by reagent_shop (May-30-13 16:34):

We shipped factory sealed genuine item. Experiment failure is ur responsibility!

:laugh: Getting the wrong product is your responsibility?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#5 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

Come on now. If you're going to reply to that, at least get someone who actually speaks English to do so, not someone who obviously knows English only through the Internet and doesn't understand proper article usage!

I mean, I get that they're based out of Korea, and I'm okay with that, but there are plenty of Koreans out there who speak better English than that. It's like they weren't even trying!

Edited by Jeoshua, 03 May 2014 - 02:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users