MitoQ

mitoq sponsored thread

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

This thread is sponsored by MitoQ. It can be used for promotion or informal interaction with existing or potential customers. MitoQ is free to delete any of their own contributions from this thread at their sole discretion, but cannot edit the content of a contribution by another user. LongeCity is not affiliated with MitoQ in any way and does NOT endorse or vouch for the safety of its products or services. LongeCity provides, at its discretion, this thread to MitoQ in grateful acknowledgement for a donation made to LongeCity. This thread is not, and must not be used by anyone, including MitoQ, as a means of conducting business, recording transactions or serving official notices or otherwise be relied on in any way. LongeCity may withdraw access to this thread, or remove this thread at its sole discretion at any time for any reason. MitoQ may decide to render this thread inaccessible by visitors at any time or remove, but not alter, posts made by others in this thread. With the exception of an express permission to advertise in this thread, the LongeCity User Agreement (Bylaw A) applies as normal in this thread.

msg-27-0-68353900-1497092174.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• logomitoq.png

Edited by caliban, 10 June 2017 - 12:30 PM.

#2 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Please list the specific ingredients in the skincare product?

#3 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Please list the specific ingredients in the skincare product?

Hi, Our ingredient list ...

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate,Dicapryl Carbonate, Glycerin, Mitoquinol Mesylate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

You can get more detail on these ingredients here ...  http://www.mitoq.com...gredient-guide/

Thank you. 

#4 xplorer

• 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

An interesting MitoQ study came out recently (see ScienceDaily: Novel antioxidant makes old arteries seem young again 5/6/14)... that reversed some of the effects of endothelial dysfunction in mice.

Would you know if there are any differences between the MitoQ supplement and the type of MitoQ that was given to the mice? The mice received MitoQ in water. I also didn't see any dosage information, so it would be interesting to estimate what the human dosage would be. I'm waiting for MitoQ-enhansed bottled water now.

thanks

x

#5 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Greg
Would you consider offering a MitoQ discount for Longecity members and/or a quantity discount and/or a group buy discount?  Thanks.

#6 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

An interesting MitoQ study came out recently (see ScienceDaily: Novel antioxidant makes old arteries seem young again 5/6/14)... that reversed some of the effects of endothelial dysfunction in mice.

Would you know if there are any differences between the MitoQ supplement and the type of MitoQ that was given to the mice? The mice received MitoQ in water. I also didn't see any dosage information, so it would be interesting to estimate what the human dosage would be. I'm waiting for MitoQ-enhansed bottled water now.

thanks

x

Yes, it is the same MitoQ that is in the supplement.    

In terms of dosing - we recommend 10mg per day for healthy adults over 30.  If you have a specific condition associated with increased oxidative stress or mitochondrial dysfunction secondary to the condition then we suggest 20mg.  We are aware of others taking a higher dose but would recommend you do that under the supervision of your physician. 

Thanks

#7 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

Greg
Would you consider offering a MitoQ discount for Longecity members and/or a quantity discount and/or a group buy discount?  Thanks.

Hi APBT,  

We have a wholesale rate for physicians.  If you have a member here that fits that bill or a friendly doctor perhaps you could arrange a collective bulk purchase with them.  

I may be able to arrange a discount for Longecity members - what sort of numbers or members would be interested?

Thanks. 

Edited by Mind, 21 May 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#8 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

I'd be interested, maybe others who are interested can post here or do we want to create a group buy thread?

#9 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

I'd be interested in both the supplement and the skincare topical, if a significant discount were offered.

#10 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

I'd be interested in a group buy ,I would be buying for myself and 2 others as part of a Longecity deal.

Anyway Greg, welcome to the forum.

Mike

#11 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Test post

#12 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

Hi All,  a good article here on MitoQ ...  http://www.science20...heard_of-136215

Have a great weekend. 

#13 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hi Greg

What kind of clinical research is planned or ongoing for MitoQ currently? I did not see Sweden listed in the list of shipping destinations, do you know if it will become available in Sweden at some point?

Edit: I retract my first question, I see it was answered on your page.

Edited by Arren Brandt, 23 May 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#14 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

Hi Arren, 

We ship globally so you should be able to order into Sweden.  I am fairly sure we are shipping to customers their currently. 

In terms of research - we have around 10 studies going on at the moment and further trials being planned for 2015.   They range from heart, liver, lung organ systems to various disease models. 

Thanks.

Greg

• like x 1

#15 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

I'm sorry, I misread the country information. Didn't notice Eur as a region.

One more question, any thoughts on how this might go along with smoking?

I thought about buying this for my mother who is a long time smoker.

#16 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Sorry for the slow reply ... 

A good question!  I had to do a little research before I could answer.  I found these two studies that indicate that smoking both causes an oxidative stress imbalance as well as potentially having an impact on mitochondrial function. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17613085

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16050806

Whilst we don't have any specific data looking at MitoQ and smoking he studies suggest that MitoQ would be beneficial for smokers.

Thanks

• like x 1

#17 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

Hey
I currently take MitoQ as well as traditional ubiquinone . The longevity studies using CoQ have been inconclusive to negative. Do you plan on doing rodent longevity studies using MitoQ similar to those done as part of the NIH ITP studies ?

#18 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hi,  Good question and the short answer is yes .... we plan to have work starting early next year on that front. 

#19 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi Greg,

Are there any possible negative interactions with UV or IR light? With regards to the IR light: particularly in the 850nm range?

Is it possible that MitoQ could inhibit mitohormesis?

Could the 5mg supplement capsules be opened and taken sublingually, if required?

TY

• Good Point x 1

#20 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

Hi Razor, 

I checked in with our Chief Scientist and we are not aware of any negative interactions with light. 

In terms of mitohormesis - a very good question. The short answer is no.  

The longer answer is that MitoQ simply delivers CoQ to the mitochondria. The "Q" or quinone is identical to the "Q" of body's own CoQ10. "Q" is a selective antioxidant that both reacts with various ROS as well as ignores some i.e. hydrogen peroxide . In this way neither CoQ10 or MitoQ interfere with the pro-oxidant signalling that occurs and is responsible for driving hormesis and other cellular activity.  

You have touched on quite a significant point as many antioxidants are what you might call "broad spectrum" and non selectively react with any ROS and thereby potentially minimising the benefits associated with hormesis. 

Yes, you can take the 5mg supplement sublingually but with the various excipients we use I am not sure of the palatability. 

Thanks very much four your interest.

Greg

Greg

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#21 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

Excellent. Thanks, Greg!

#22 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thank you for sending me a test pack Greg. I will get back in a few weeks with a report on the effects.

#23 Jacob Norris

• 52 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

What are your thoughts behind MitoQ inhibiting Apoptosis?
Are there any clinical studies being done on how MitoQ effects Apoptosis and/or Necrosis?

Are there any cognitive benefits when supplementing with MitoQ?

What makes MitoQ better than other competitors such as Ubiquinol?

What would you say are the GREATEST benefits of MitoQ on your health?
What would be the main reason to supplement with MitoQ?

Your product interests me, and I hope you find these as great questions to strengthen your product.
I'm looking forward to your response!

Edited by Jacob Norris, 24 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#24 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

What are your thoughts behind MitoQ inhibiting Apoptosis?

MitoQ enhances mitochondrial activity so if anything it will normalise the apoptosis rather than inhibit it. 

Are there any clinical studies being done on how MitoQ effects Apoptosis and/or Necrosis?

We don't have any studies on this. 

Are there any cognitive benefits when supplementing with MitoQ?

Yes, many people who take MitoQ report back an improvement in clarity of thought. Those with neurodegenerative disorders notice a significant improvement in the "cognitive fog" associated with these conditions.  

What makes MitoQ better than other competitors such as Ubiquinol?

Good question, MitoQ is CoQ10 with a positive charge bonded to it. Because mitochondria are negatively charged MitoQ gets into the mitochondria 800 to 1200 times greater than traditional Ubiquionol.  It is interesting to note that Ubiquinol is made in the mitochondria because it is very difficult to move across membranes and this means that the traditional Ubiquinol reaches the mitochondria in very low concentrations. 

What would you say are the GREATEST benefits of MitoQ on your health?

MitoQ literally tunes up your mitochondria allowing them to work optimally. When mitochondria work optimally then they deliver energy to the cell and this facilities cell function and repair.  MitoQ also reduces the free radical leakage into the cell and in so doing reduces the oxidative stress related damage to DNA and cellular machinery.  

In a nutshell - MitoQ gives energy back to your cells and slows down cellular wear and tear.  

The benefits - more energy, improved clarity of thought and optimal heart, brain, liver and kidney health.

What would be the main reason to supplement with MitoQ?

1. As an anti-aging supplement

2. To improve energy and endurance/fight fatigue

3. To support brain, heart, liver and kidney health

4. If you have a condition associated with either oxidative stress and/or mitochondrial dysfunction. 

Your product interests me, and I hope you find these as great questions to strengthen your product.
I'm looking forward to your response!

Hi Jacob, 

Answers embedded above. 

Thanks

Greg

#25 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

Greg,

MitoQ's resolved a gut issue that's been plaguing me. And that's after trying numerous -- 20 or so -- other supplements!

I also get less fatigued when exercising. That's a bonus, more than anything. The amelioration of my ailment and the anti-ageing properties are what I'm most enthusiastic about.

I've been taking the MitoQ sublingually. At first, the taste of the excipients was unpleasant, but I'm now used to them.

Do you known what the sublingual bioavailability is, or could you hazard a guess, please?

Have you got any other products in the pipeline? I've ordered some of the skin cream, and even though I'm not normally taken by vanity (I don't think?), it'll be interesting to see the outcome when applied to half my face. I'm somewhat optimistic, given the initial results of the supplement!

#26 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Greg,

MitoQ's resolved a gut issue that's been plaguing me. And that's after trying numerous -- 20 or so -- other supplements!

I also get less fatigued when exercising. That's a bonus, more than anything. The amelioration of my ailment and the anti-ageing properties are what I'm most enthusiastic about.

I've been taking the MitoQ sublingually. At first, the taste of the excipients was unpleasant, but I'm now used to them.

Do you known what the sublingual bioavailability is, or could you hazard a guess, please?

Have you got any other products in the pipeline? I've ordered some of the skin cream, and even though I'm not normally taken by vanity (I don't think?), it'll be interesting to see the outcome when applied to half my face. I'm somewhat optimistic, given the initial results of the supplement!

Hi Razor, 

That is great news - very pleased we have been able to assist you.  Feel free to leave a comment on our site if you think it will help others. Thanks in advance. 

I don't know the bioavailability of the sublingual but will do some research on that for you. 

Yes, we have got other products in the pipeline.  I am locking them down as we speak for release later this year.  Exciting times. 

#27 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

Greg,

I don't mean to seem rude or pushy, but what happened to the group buy discount you were going to follow up for us?
  • like x 2

#28 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hi Razor, 

That is great news - very pleased we have been able to assist you.  Feel free to leave a comment on our site if you think it will help others. Thanks in advance. 

I don't know the bioavailability of the sublingual but will do some research on that for you. 

Yes, we have got other products in the pipeline.  I am locking them down as we speak for release later this year.  Exciting times. 

Hi Greg,

Once I've tested the serum as well, I'll certainly leave a comment! That way it'll be more comprehensive.

Re: sublingual. Thanks! I would like to take as much MitoQ as possible, but don't want to go over the equivalent of 80mg orally a day (as used in the Phase II Parkinson's clinical trial).

Looking forward to the new products!

#29 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

Greg,

I don't mean to seem rude or pushy, but what happened to the group buy discount you were going to follow up for us?

Apologies, that fell off my to do list. 

I have set up a 30% discount that will be active later today until the end of this month.  It is only valid on one purchase per person. 

The code is LONGECITY. 

This is a one off as we don't discount as a rule and is a thank you for the feedback and interest in MitoQ so far. 

Kind regards

Greg

• like x 3

#30 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Greg,

Apologies, that fell off my to do list. 

I have set up a 30% discount that will be active later today until the end of this month.  It is only valid on one purchase per person. 

The code is LONGECITY. 

This is a one off as we don't discount as a rule and is a thank you for the feedback and interest in MitoQ so far. 

Kind regards

Greg

I just attempted to use the coupon and received this message:  

• Coupon code " LONGECITY" is not valid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mitoq, sponsored thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By