• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

What exactly is an Alpha male? And who gets to decide?

alpha sex economy

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

There is of course the matter of who's alpha you are... 

I am my OWN fuckin Alpha. And no man will take it from me. 

That's called a lone wolf. No one depends on you and no one follows you, yet you lead by example for any who are watching?

It takes relationships and respect from people if you want more than a lone wolve's minimalistic lifestyle. Respect comes from who you follow or who you lead. Relationships come from your socioemotional capacity which relates to who you are involved with in a role. 

No one will take it from you, but the novelty wears off when you realize it isn't useful to be a lone wolf. It is just another symptom of deathism...

Isn't that the truth? As much as lone wolves, like myself, would love, we need others to do anything. Basic survival doesn't enhance the mind at all.

When I think of an Alpha male, I think of someone well put together. Well put together for me would be defined as, easy on the eyes, can handle any relationship with precise directive, business or personal, no money issues, and most people enjoy meeting these people. Physical fitness status can be associated with the alpha male title, but there are plenty of "alpha male" types I've seen that look fine just the way they are. If they look good in a suit, that's all I care.

• Needs references x 1

#62 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

Alpha males are determined by nurture. They are people who others want to lead them b/c they will (as a monkey does) reciprocate the nurture they have to others. If you aren't nurtured properly by the events of your life and need to ask this question, it's difficult to acquire and live these skills such that others will want to follow you and recognize you. What is being recognized in "Alpha's" is the effect and proof of the nurture that created them.

Bullies are largely sanctioned by society. We say differently in popular media, sure... 

Adults, education, and faithgroups make sure everyone is bullied once to reinforce the standard that bullying isn't so bad in the long term. But that's different from long term bullying or even a single bully event whose effects persist b/c it isn't being moderated by the aforementioned group. Bullying is particularly damaging to those who lack sufficient support from their organic relationships.

"He who has, shall be given more" is a biblical term for this phenomena. If you have good organic relationships (an important form of wealth and what largely determines inherited wealth), you'll have more to build on or "invest with." People who have better relationships with people are more valuable to more people in a sense. If you lack good organic relationships, or your organic relationships are disrupted, you will eventually realize that they lack value to you as they widened the socioeconomic gap and will continue to do so until you discard your assumptions at which point you will still have a relationship based disability. Or in biblical terms "What little he has, will be taken away" leaving someone isolated from relationships and the groundwork necessary to attain the most advanced relationships that even children with good relationships are inherently masters of. It is this fear of separation and continued growth and nurture from such "Alpha's" that makes people want to follow them for continued self improvement and an improvement of their relationship wealth and other forms of wealth that are inherent to this lifestyle.

Jesus answered them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. "For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.…

For the record, I'm something along the lines of an agnostic, atheist, or non practicing gnostic? I haven't cared enough to figure out what label I belong to. But given the realities of present day and the large proportion of people living according to the bible, it has truth and is necessary to understand the world they create.

I see a leader in TheFountain. I'm not going to ban him, it wouldn't make me an alpha if I did, at least not an alpha that I would be happy with being. Because he lacks the relationships, he can know more than any other about the failures of the present system and that it isn't ideally suited for universal equality and perpetuates either the suffering or blissful ignorance of the relationship poor.

I think that this is one of the smartest things that I've read in a long time, and it is definitely the smartest thing that i've read on this forum filled with smart commentary. Is this yours or are you paraphrasing a theory? If so, where did you get it? If it is yours, it represents some fine original thought on your part. Whatever the case may be, thanks for sharing it.

Edited by golgi1, 04 September 2014 - 08:40 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#63 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

That you Elliot Rodger?

lmao. Jesus.

Edited by Area-1255, 28 December 2014 - 08:58 PM.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

That you Elliot Rodger?

lmao. Jesus.

Yes, Jesus. 

#65 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:09 PM

Notice what happens to alpha males in this video.

#66 solbanger

• 215 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

It's quite simple. At least for mammals an alpha male has access to the healthiest of females on the best terms compared to the rest of the males in his unit/tribe. How or why the alpha gains those females varies which is why this leads to a lot of confusion. Some use brute force. Some use plumage. Some gather nuts. Some use song.

What is known is that the evolutionary pressure on males to develop alpha attraction is INTENSE as there are huge advantages to being the first to copulate with the available females. Evolutionary scientists have confirmed that in the last few thousand years, at least in humans, it was the Y chromosome that underwent the most genetic change. This means that the males were forced to adapt to changing competitive environments much faster than their female peers. As to what was going on in these environments we can only speculate. Perhaps it was the fine tuning of the human brain?

As I said being first to sire children in a female is the utmost goal for any male. Women naturally invest the most biological resources into first born children. There may even be a devious consolation prize for the first male that sexually interacts with a female, not sires children, but merely injects semen into them. Thus making sexual success with females even more pressing and imperative than anyone could dream. Remember that jock in High School who got all the girls? Well his sh#% eating grin is going to be around for a long time.

Recently scientists discovered evidence of the age old theory of Telegony, a speculation that women would produce offspring with features not from the father but from any male she has sexually been with. They discovered in fruit flies that the first male to copulate with a female will see some aspects of their DNA in her offspring even if they are sired by other males! So this reality turns the heat up on the males even further as the winner to bed the female first, even if no children are produced, will gain a shallow marker of their DNA in any subsequent offspring that female produces. If telegony works in humans, then the stain of the female's first copulation and possibly others as well remain in her brood for all time. This is in spite of any romantic apology on the part of the female to her beta provider husband if her kids come out with dumbo ears. What this means for the males is hypercompetition on the Y chromosome for a limited supply of valuable females, that's what!

#67 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:34 AM

It's all subjective to each person's reality and how we choose to evaluate those around us in their social constructs based on what we wish we could be or what we don't.

#68 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

When it comes down to it you must determine what you want to be.

I want to be a compassionate Alpha male. This means I am a leader who cares a lot about the people I lead. I don't lead in a conniving or patronizing way. I respect the contributions and intelligence of other's to the fullest degree. 

I do believe there is a strong misconception of what an Alpha male is in the twisted up Anthropological perspectives some people have. Some individuals seem to believe an Alpha male is a guy who runs over other's. With traits of a Bully mentality. 

This is actually a Beta male pretending to be higher on the ladder than he is in actuality.  

Men who try to Bully other's are actually frantic and fearful of their true status as Beta's. They have an instinctive knowledge of their true status but are in complete denial of it. 

On the other hand, we should not evaluate men based on their situational status either. 

A individual with PTSD for example, could have natural Alpha male traits that are not being fully utilized due to the timid nature of his response to being traumatized.

It is not a fair statement to say something like A true Alpha would be Alpha regardless of their situational Childhood Stresses or trauma's.

Furthermore, Men who seem to 'lead' but in a bullying manner are not true Alpha's. They are just men who could have had better parental guidance, particularly from the fatherhood angle.

Correcting for these variables in true Alpha males with situational inhibitions is where proper therapy comes into play. 

I speak from 100% first hand experience with this. 

And I am working every single day on being who I want to be, inching my way to my goals, visualizing AND achieving. 

Edited by TheFountain, 27 March 2016 - 08:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alpha, sex, economy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users