- - - - -

tablet crusher for preparing suspensions

tablet crusher pill pulverizer suspensions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

To sit alongside the threads on dropper bottles and preparing sublingual solutions, I want to ask the following question: does anybody have experience with tablet pulverizers for preparing SUSPENSIONS (i.e. not solutions). Obviously, you would want one that crushes your tablet into as fine a powder as possible. There are many cheap crushers you can find on Amazon and other places, but as far as I can see they crush tablets into a course powder to make administration easier for people with special needs. What I need is a really fine powder that would provide uniformity to my suspension. Paradoxically, the old ball pounder appears the best option. Any thoughts?

#2 tolerant

• Topic Starter
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

Problem solved: the editor of the International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding has said that he "would just use mortar and pestle".  :)

• Agree x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tablet crusher, pill pulverizer, suspensions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users