• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone tried fluorenol (aka "hydrafinil")?

fluorenol hydrafinil eugeroics risky/untested

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Sunifiramses II

• 44 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

A while back, there was a post where several people expressed interest in "next-generation eugeroics." Well, Ceretropic has started selling one of these, fluorenol, under the name "hydrafinil." Let me be clear: this post is NOT intended to be about Ceretropic's product in particular--it's intended to be about fluorenol in general. It just so happens that Ceretropic is the only vendor carrying the stuff right now. Given how competitive the nootropics space is becoming, I fully expect that to change if this substance lives up to people's expectations.

So, has anyone tried fluorenol? Did it promote yr wakefulness? Was it anxiogenic? Any other thoughts...?

P.S. Everyone agrees that this stuff is risky. We have only anecdotal reports that it's safe for human consumption. For the love of god, do not construe this post as an invitation to take it if you weren't otherwise planning to.

• Agree x 1

#2 the_apollo

• 153 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

Im as well interested in fluorenol.

Though, there is a research-company that offers fluorenol somewhat cheaper in comparison.

http://www.tcichemic...ommodity/F0229/

Compaired per gram of fluorenol,

from Ceretropic, it ammount to $12,49 per 1 gram.

From TCI (linked), it cost $3,24 per 1 gram, a pretty large different in price.

Of course i dont know TCI, i just found that site when i googled to find fluorenol,

but it shows that Ceretropic's prices may be a bit too high, at least if they are not the only ones who sells fluorenol.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sunifiramses II

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:42 AM

Thanks, the_apollo. I would just point out that the fluorenol advertised there is only 95% pure. Ceretropic's is probably higher, since they know that human nootropics enthusiasts are going to consume it--whereas for TCI, fluorenol is just another insecticide or whatever. Either way, I wish Ceretropic would specify the exact purity of the substances they sell!

• like x 1

#4 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

I have some arriving today. Will report back. I didn't respond well to adrafinil. Very anxiogenic and caused irritability. But supposedly these isn't an afinil anyway

Edited by Introspecta, 23 August 2014 - 12:29 PM.

• Well Written x 1

#5 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Im as well interested in fluorenol.

Though, there is a research-company that offers fluorenol somewhat cheaper in comparison.

http://www.tcichemic...ommodity/F0229/

Compaired per gram of fluorenol,

from Ceretropic, it ammount to $12,49 per 1 gram.

From TCI (linked), it cost $3,24 per 1 gram, a pretty large different in price.

Of course i dont know TCI, i just found that site when i googled to find fluorenol,

but it shows that Ceretropic's prices may be a bit too high, at least if they are not the only ones who sells fluorenol.

TCI is pretty much as legit as they come, no problems with ordering from them as long as you have a business address. 

• Informative x 1

#6 cobue

• 35 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

I took a larger dose today by mistake (about 500mg) , feel good no sides until now. Just a slight neck-headache which is from caffeine withdrawal.

It´s much less potent than modafinil, this is very subtle. I even took a nap on it.

• like x 1
  • Needs references x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 Sunifiramses II

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

I finally caved and bought 5g of Hydrafinil, which should arrive by Wednesday or Thursday.

I should point out, for anyone who doesn't follow /r/Nootropics, there's been a negative experience report over there.

• like x 4

#8 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

Those interested in research pursuits with a superior analogue may want to look over this a-way:

link and substance removed

Edited by PerC, 22 September 2014 - 02:01 AM.

• dislike x 2

#9 Killword

• 29 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Those interested in research pursuits with a superior analogue may want to look over this a-way:

removed

If by "superior" you mean not as effective and possibly harmful from a completely disreputable vendor.

Edited by PerC, 22 September 2014 - 02:01 AM.

#10 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

removed

If by "superior" you mean not as effective and possibly harmful from a completely disreputable vendor.

Why is Team TLR disreputable? I have not ordered from them but all the feedback so far seems to be positive.

Edited by PerC, 22 September 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#11 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

I just received the Tianeptine I ordered from TLR, not tested yet, but I can say shipping was super quick.

#12 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

removed

Anyone who wants to assess for their own research pursuits is welcome to certainly draw their own conclusions.

They can draw their own conclusion as well as regards comments of such a nature and what it really speaks about.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/6148207 

Here is a study to help anyone out.  There is actually a metabolic enzymatic conversion that goes both ways as with many such compounds with this aspect.

Notably though the ketone form 9-fluorenone (eugerafinil) appears to resist excretionary hepatic metabolism on first pass far better within other enzymes that will conjugate the open hydroxyl of the hydroxyfluorenone derivative (9-fluorenol) on first pass.

Edited by PerC, 22 September 2014 - 02:03 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#13 Sunifiramses II

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

Can we please not turn this thread into a debate on the merits of TeamTLR? Instead, I would love to see more evidence and/or experience reports on Eugerafinil, whether positive or negative. Thanks.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#14 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

I guess it's gonna be tough to judge wether eugerafinil (fluorenone) from TLR or Hydrafinil (fluorenol) from Ceretropic is better - both have their arguments, and anecdotal reports are rare as of now.

What I'd like to know:
Which of the two has (in theory) the faster onset? Does one of them have to be metabolized by the liver first, like Adrafinil?
I'm asking because plain Modafinil works via 45 minutes for me - Adrafinil however takes no less than 4 hours (!) to show effects - my liver seems to metabolize it extremely slowly into modafinl, making it very unpractical to use! And I've tried Adrafinil from various vendors with allways the same result!

All that being said: I have Hydrafinil from Ceretropic on it's way to me - the package should arrive in two days. Once I start my trial with it, I'll report back on it's effects and how it compares to Adrafinil and Modafinil.

And by the way: there's another interesting competitor: Pitolisant. In one medical study it showed effects comparable to Modafinil, with slightly less sides.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24107292

THT are the only vendor that has it, though.

Edited by chris106, 10 September 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#15 Killword

• 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Can we please not turn this thread into a debate on the merits of TeamTLR? Instead, I would love to see more evidence and/or experience reports on Eugerafinil, whether positive or negative. Thanks.

But this thread isn't about eugerafinil... they were just spamming their website.  I agree, though, let's keep it on topic--but the debate on the merits of a website is completely appropriate when they are spamming an unrelated thread.

Why is Team TLR disreputable? I have not ordered from them but all the feedback so far seems to be positive.

They refuse to disclose the identity of most of their products, many of which have serious potential for causing health issues if used improperly (and proper use is all but impossible when you don't know what you're taking).  Add to that there is no 3rd-party analysis or even ability to test purity when the compound is unknown.  Their statements on these matters has repeatedly been that these are not important concerns to them and the idea that someone may try to offer one of their compounds is vastly more important than their costumers' safety.

Edited by Killword, 17 September 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#16 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:44 AM

Well, I just trialed Hydrafinil for 5 days in a row.

Dosing ranged from 50mg to 150mg per single dose, and I took max. 600mg per day.

It feels a little more subtle than modafinil, but also cleaner. It's less stimulating, but there is a wakefullness promoting effect for sure. Effects set in about 30 mins after taking the compound, and lasted for max three hours, rather less even.
Then again every stim or eugeroic I take lasts less longer than normal, even Modafinl - so take that with a grain of salt.

Taking doses higher than 75 mg gave me headaches.  No crashes were noticed, a rather smooth comedown if any - unlike what many people on reddit reported.
It's a bitch to cap, because it has a very weird, flaky consistence. Once I got the hang of it, it worked fine though.

All in all I'd say try it, especially since it's rather cheap.

EDIT: I found it worked rather well in combination with 100mg L-Theanine. Take that for what it's worth...

Edited by chris106, 18 September 2014 - 12:48 AM.

• like x 1

#17 Killword

• 29 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

I took a larger dose today by mistake (about 500mg) , feel good no sides until now. Just a slight neck-headache which is from caffeine withdrawal.

It´s much less potent than modafinil, this is very subtle. I even took a nap on it.

Did that dose have greater effects than what you'd usually take?  Personally I love hydrafinil so far, it feels like a lighter, more mood-brightening version of modafinil (on those too-few occasions modafinil actually has an effect on me).  It doesn't have a strong push like adrafinil or armodafinil, likely because of its lack of dopamine reuptake inhibition so I'm guessing it would be less useful for pulling all-nighters, cramming for exams, or doing any of the things that I usually take those two or ADD drugs for but it's fantastic for staying awake and paying attention in class with none of the anxiety or jitteriness of the other stimulants--in fact, I would definitely consider it anxiolytic. 

I have thought about upping the dose a bit to see if I could get more out of it that way for homework but the two or three times I tried taking 200-250mg it didn't have any noticeable increase in effects compared to my usual 75-150mg doses.

#18 Sunifiramses II

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Sorry I never got around to posting my own experiences with this! Anyway, it doesn't matter now. Someone on /r/Nootropics has been hospitalized for possible heart damage after combining hydrafinil with some other (mild) stimulants.

As they say on 30 Rock: shut it down.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#19 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

Sorry I never got around to posting my own experiences with this! Anyway, it doesn't matter now. Someone on /r/Nootropics has been hospitalized for possible heart damage after combining hydrafinil with some other (mild) stimulants.

he had a bout of sympathetic overstimulation. this causes myocardial oxygen demand ischaemia, which is not rare. A sustained tachycardia would do that. I don't see why he was placed on aspirin and maintained on it after discharge. I guess they erred on the side of caution and treated him as an acute coronary syndrome. I'd love to know if he was placed on the full acute coronary syndrome cocktail of anticoagulants (heparin, clopidogrel)

I bet his ecg showed no signs of ischemia, and if he did a nuclear scan, I am positive it will be completely normal. What happened isn't due to something inherent to hydrafanil. It is probably just a by-product of sympathetic overstimulation which can occur with any stimulant.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#20 Sunifiramses II

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:38 AM

he had a bout of sympathetic overstimulation. this causes myocardial oxygen demand ischaemia, which is not rare. A sustained tachycardia would do that. I don't see why he was placed on aspirin and maintained on it after discharge. I guess they erred on the side of caution and treated him as an acute coronary syndrome. I'd love to know if he was placed on the full acute coronary syndrome cocktail of anticoagulants (heparin, clopidogrel)

I bet his ecg showed no signs of ischemia, and if he did a nuclear scan, I am positive it will be completely normal. What happened isn't due to something inherent to hydrafanil. It is probably just a by-product of sympathetic overstimulation which can occur with any stimulant.

Even if you're right that this "can occur with any stimulant," the question is whether we should consider hydrafinil in particular "safe," even though a moderate quantity of hydrafinil + moderate quantity of another stimulant + physical activity = "sympathetic overstimulation" and a trip to the hospital. If the two stimulants in question were, e.g., caffeine and nicotine, there wouldn't have been a hospital visit and we wouldn't be having this discussion. That's why I consider those substances safe.

P.S. The Mayo Clinic says that myocardial ischemia "can damage your heart muscle, reducing its ability to pump efficiently." Do we know whether this statement is equally valid for ischemia caused by a stimulant and for ischemia caused by heart disease?

Edited by Sunifiramses II, 20 September 2014 - 02:43 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#21 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

Even if you're right that this "can occur with any stimulant," the question is whether we should consider hydrafinil in particular "safe," even though a moderate quantity of hydrafinil + moderate quantity of another stimulant + physical activity = "sympathetic overstimulation" and a trip to the hospital. If the two stimulants in question were, e.g., caffeine and nicotine, there wouldn't have been a hospital visit and we wouldn't be having this discussion. That's why I consider those substances safe.

P.S. The Mayo Clinic says that myocardial ischemia "can damage your heart muscle, reducing its ability to pump efficiently." Do we know whether this statement is equally valid for ischemia caused by a stimulant and for ischemia caused by heart disease?
Mayo Clinic is referring primarily to ischemic cardiomyopathy secondary to coronary vessel disease. This is completely different to what the OP of the reddit post suffered. His troponin bump is most likely demand ischemia, secondary to increased workload on the heart via sympathetic stimulation. His condition would probably have resolved on his own without much sequelae. Had his palpitations persisted, he would risk developing a tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy, which is enlargement of the heart (especially the left side) but it is unlikely that his palpitations would have persisted after he completely clears the stimulants from his system.

Troponin bump does not equal heart attack. A heart attack requires ECG changes, typical pain patterns, and a troponin rise. He only fulfils one of the 3 (you need at least two) and his troponin bump is mild, and has settled within two to three days (half-life of troponin is 7-10 days) which indicates that he had a minor leak (insignificant damage) due to increased workload.

I am not saying I am positive that he is fine (but I'm willing to bet money that a nuclear scan would be negative) and I am glad he went to the hospital (everyone who suspects something is not quite right, should immediately go to the hospital). I am just saying what most likely happened. Anyways, erring on the safe side, keep your doses ultra low, take serial measurements of your heart rate and BP, or just don't take it.

Edited by medicineman, 20 September 2014 - 09:23 AM.

• like x 3
  • Disagree x 1

#22 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

I wouldn't state this as if it were fact right now. Wasn't the last status that people were rather suspicious if that's actually true?

A few weeks back someone claimed to have been hospitalized because of taking something he bought from nootropics.co.uk.

I even jumped on the bandwagon as I didn't agree with their prizing of compounds and also ordered something from them months before wich didn't wok as expected, therefore I concluded it was scam.

Nootropics.co.uk's reputation was ruined in days - and then it turned out that it actually was another vendor who wanted to ruin their reputation because they were about to be sold! Neither was the suspected compound ever send in for testing, nor could the claims be validified by any hospital documents.
It was however actually proven that the accusations were fake!

ALSO the guy who claimed this with hydrafinil (like you allready mentioned)  said outright in his first post that he took a shitload of other stuff (including other stimulants like 400mg caffeine) on top of hydrafinil, worked out on it and then even drank alcohol on top of it all! " a few mild stimulants" - maybe, still stupid on top of an RC!
Well, no fucking shit he had to go to the hospital!
But no one can at this point claim that hydrafinil was responsible or that it is any more dangerous than modafinil - no one should be as stupid as taking a research chemical, and then overdose on it plus on 8 other compounds and then have a few drinks on top for good measure after a good hard workout!
Soooo... No offense and all - all I'm saying is let's be carefull here with possibly damaging the reputation of compounds and vendors alike, at least for now...

Edited by chris106, 20 September 2014 - 03:10 PM.

• like x 3
  • Agree x 1

#23 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Medicineman is spot on. Fluorenol did not cause it.

Let's take a look at his stack again and his activities.

I also took along with the Hydrafinil: around 300-400mg of caffeine, 400mg theanine, 15mg Vinpocetine, doses of bacopa, Rhodiola, and Ashwagandha. I also had about 3 servings of alcohol starting at 8pm the day of consumption before symptoms got really bad. I also worked out (weightlifting around 3pm the day of consumption).

As you can see, 300-400mg of caffeine is a lot. Vasodilators and vasoconstrictors do not simply "cancel each other out" and there may be interactions between them. Alcohol can raise blood pressure. Rhodiola, is a weak stimulant and can possibly (not exactly confirmed) induce MAO inhibition. He also worked out which put added stress on his heart. Most weightlifters, use (pre)workout supplements which can contain caffeine, so it is possible he had excess of 400mg based on this this alone. My point? Surely fluorenol cannot bare the blame here. His activities and stack were unhealthy for heart health to begin with.

To speak personally, high dose caffeine and rhodiola is a bad combination. I experienced an increased heart rate and BP from these two in high dosages.

Sunifiramses II, don't let this guy and his bad stack dissuade you from taking fluorenol.

• like x 1

#24 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

I personally found Hydrafinil to be extremely subtle and underwhelming. I was able to sleep on it though which was nice. I noticed it worked better when I was already feeling good. When sleep deprived it really didn't seem to promote wakefulness but when feeling good it provided additional energy and motivation. Seems to be how most nootropics work for me. They enhance your life when your feeling good but don't do much when you feel like shit. Piracetam was the one drug that used to eliminate fatigue when sleep deprived but that was 10 years ago when I was new too it. Those brilliant effects are long gone.

After using for about a week I  noticed subtle brain zap serotonin like things in my head when going to bed. This happened only 1 night. May or may not be related to Hydrafinil. After it happened I thought oh it must be from the 5 htp but then remembered I hadn't taken any 5htp in awhile

• like x 1

#25 Sunifiramses II

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

Wow, there's a lot of backlash going on here. Since my last post got downvoted, I will take another stab at explaining what I think about this controversy and about hydrafinil itself. First of all, I want to thank medicineman for his massively informative posts, which gave this story some badly needed context. Secondly, I agree with Chris and FW900 that our hospitalized comrade's stack was ill-advised at best. It might have been premature to say that we should "shut it down." But I still think this substance should be treated with extreme caution.

I took it every day from September 9th to the 14th. What I noticed was similar to Introspecta: it "didn't seem to promote wakefulness but when feeling good it provided additional energy and motivation." Although in my experience, it felt a bit stronger with each additional day--I was starting to feel "drained" until I re-dosed, a feeling which reminded me of taking Adderall on a daily basis (not a good idea, kids). Eventually I started dividing doses into 100mg in the morning and 50mg in the afternoon to keep that energetic/motivated feeling going into the evening. Overall, hydrafinil is highly effective at something, but I'm afraid the effects may be too much for me. Assuming it doesn't land anyone else in the hospital, I might resume taking it a few times a month at most.

P.S. Fun side effects: it shrank my appetite by at least a third. Also, in conjunction with caffeine, it might be the greatest laxative known to man--a little too good, even.

P.P.S. @FW900, 400mg caffeine is more than I would drink on a normal day, but it's not that much. A few strong cups of coffee could plausibly contain that amount. 

Edited by Sunifiramses II, 21 September 2014 - 08:11 AM.

• like x 1

#26 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Wow, there's a lot of backlash going on here. Since my last post got downvoted, I will take another stab at explaining what I think about this controversy and about hydrafinil itself. First of all, I want to thank medicineman for his massively informative posts, which gave this story some badly needed context. Secondly, I agree with Chris and FW900 that our hospitalized comrade's stack was ill-advised at best. It might have been premature to say that we should "shut it down." But I still think this substance should be treated with extreme caution.

I took it every day from September 9th to the 14th. What I noticed was similar to Introspecta: it "didn't seem to promote wakefulness but when feeling good it provided additional energy and motivation." Although in my experience, it felt a bit stronger with each additional day--I was starting to feel "drained" until I re-dosed, a feeling which reminded me of taking Adderall on a daily basis (not a good idea, kids). Eventually I started dividing doses into 100mg in the morning and 50mg in the afternoon to keep that energetic/motivated feeling going into the evening. Overall, hydrafinil is highly effective at something, but I'm afraid the effects may be too much for me. Assuming it doesn't land anyone else in the hospital, I might resume taking it a few times a month at most.

P.S. Fun side effects: it shrank my appetite by at least a third. Also, in conjunction with caffeine, it might be the greatest laxative known to man--a little too good, even.

P.P.S. @FW900, 400mg caffeine is more than I would drink on a normal day, but it's not that much. A few strong cups of coffee could plausibly contain that amount. 

Good point regarding the coffee but because he used mg to describe dosing, it would sound like he had taken it all at once. 300-400mg of caffeine at once is excessive. Workout supplements have caffeine, and because he is lift weights, it is possible he had ingested more caffeine than he originally accounted for.

#27 ataraxis

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Mayo Clinic is referring primarily to ischemic cardiomyopathy secondary to coronary vessel disease. This is completely different to what the OP of the reddit post suffered. His troponin bump is most likely demand ischemia, secondary to increased workload on the heart via sympathetic stimulation. His condition would probably have resolved on his own without much sequelae. Had his palpitations persisted, he would risk developing a tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy, which is enlargement of the heart (especially the left side) but it is unlikely that his palpitations would have persisted after he completely clears the stimulants from his system.

Troponin bump does not equal heart attack. A heart attack requires ECG changes, typical pain patterns, and a troponin rise. He only fulfils one of the 3 (you need at least two) and his troponin bump is mild, and has settled within two to three days (half-life of troponin is 7-10 days) which indicates that he had a minor leak (insignificant damage) due to increased workload.

I am not saying I am positive that he is fine (but I'm willing to bet money that a nuclear scan would be negative) and I am glad he went to the hospital (everyone who suspects something is not quite right, should immediately go to the hospital). I am just saying what most likely happened. Anyways, erring on the safe side, keep your doses ultra low, take serial measurements of your heart rate and BP, or just don't take it.

I would have to disagree. What you are refering to is what anesthesiologists know as the difference between type I and type II myocardial ischaemia.

Type I is the atherosclerotic patient presenting to ER with chest pain, ST segment modification on EKG, troponin elevation. The mechanism is vulnerable plaque rupture inducing thrombosis, the damage is vascular, this is what in France we call "infarctus" (i don't know if in English the term infarction is strictly equivalent, or if infarction is general term for all types of ischaemia).

Type II is haemodynamic or hypoxic type. This is not always a known coronary patient, with moderate coronary stenosis that can be asymptomatic. During general anesthesia, especially in haemorragic surgery, arterial hypotension and anemia induce a decreased blood flow to the coronary vessels, especially if a moderate stenosis is present. Sympathetic reaction to tissular hypoperfusion induce tachycardia that increase myocardial oxygen consumption, further widening the gap between myocardial oxygen demand vs delivery. This mechanism, ishaemia without thrombosis is called "apoplexie" in french.

Both are ACS, and both need aspirin therapy, betablochers, conversion enzyme inhibitors, and an emergent coronarography. I honestly don't think a healthy adult can develop a Type II ischaemia because of isolated tachycardia. There need to be a severe coronary stenosis, that would have been symptomatic, or he must be deeply anaemic or hypoxic.

Troponin elevation consequent to stimulant induced tachycardia is an acute coronary syndrom to but in don't think you can relate it to type I or II ishaemia. It is obviously a NSTEMI (non ST elevation myocardial infarction) due to coronary spasm (like in Prinzmetal's). Toxic coronary spasms were described in mephedrone abusers. Mephedrone seems to be a very potent vasoconstrictor, and a few rave party lovers with several severed fingers can attest that.

If this compound could induce coronary spasms, that would be a great reason to just pack it in a giant dong shaped gelcap and feed it to whoever sold it to you. But i find strange a compound lacking the powerful stimulant and euphoric nature of mephedrone could be an equally powerful vasoconstrictor. This said, if a guy who never had a chest pain before took this compound and had a NSTEMI, just dump this shit already, it is not worth the risk!

Ceretropic always has a message under its compounds saying : Not for human consumption.

Under Hydrafinil, it has a second message written in red saying : look guys, we REALLY don't know where we're going with this one, so even if we know you are going to eat this dope, we want to make clear we do not encourage you to do this. Except that we sell it of course...

There must be something dodgy with this one.

One last thing : Troponin elevation is never to be banalized by saying : "it is myocardial suffering, but no need to panic". In large studies in postoperative patients with troponin elevation, the group of patients in which doctors didn't aggressively manage it (aspirin, clopidogrel, betablockers, statins...) had a dramatically lower survival than the group where the treatment was optimized to the maximum extent. In the optimized group, the survival rate was similar to patients without troponin elevation.

Keep in mind it is in predominantly type II ischaemia, the difference must be even greater in NSTEMI (stimulant abuse or not). If you go to ER for chest pain, and your troponin is elevated, but the doctor says "well, that's nothing", punch him in the face and go see another doctor quick.

PS : I want to make clear that what i said about Ceretropic is to be taken as a joke. I have no problem with this company that seems serious and reputable.

Edited by ataraxis, 22 January 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#28 the_apollo

• 153 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

I bought and tried "Hydrafinil" from Ceretropic, first at 50mg one day to test if it does anything, it did not. I then tested 100mg days after the first time, again, no results.

Lastly i tried 500mg in one does, that would assumably be called a "megadose" since 1/10th as much would be the "normal dosage", for me, it was like taking an capsule of air, No freaking effects!..

Hopefully most people who tries it gets better results for me, i wont be buying it again from the effects i got, or should i say, 'lack there of'.

#29 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

I bought and tried "Hydrafinil" from Ceretropic, first at 50mg one day to test if it does anything, it did not. I then tested 100mg days after the first time, again, no results.

Lastly i tried 500mg in one does, that would assumably be called a "megadose" since 1/10th as much would be the "normal dosage", for me, it was like taking an capsule of air, No freaking effects!..

Hopefully most people who tries it gets better results for me, i wont be buying it again from the effects i got, or should i say, 'lack there of'.

I felt a subtle effect in the 400-500mg range. not much of a congitive/wakefullness enhancer imo.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Kyrill

• 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

I thought I'd mention my own experience. I have been using modafinil, adrafinil and a host of other stimulants for over a year. Two days ago I was hospitalized after mixing 150mg of modafinil with phenylpiracetam (about 60 mg) . I spent ten hours in resus with a resting heart rate of 180 to 150 and severe AF. I suddenly snapped back into a heart rate of 80 at about 4 a.m. but still don't feel 100% I will certainly be throwing away every afinil in my arsenal. Obviously this isn't everyone's experience but perhaps worth mentioning. Certainly no doctor knew what modafinil was.

• Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fluorenol, hydrafinil, eugeroics, risky/untested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users