- - - - -

New to nootropics; adhd/focus/mood lift stack

add adhd focus mood stack nootropic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chrystoph Kardashev

• 40 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

I've been suffering from various gradually-emerging cognitive symptoms since I was 7. It was only recently I took it upon myself to seek some help but every psychiatrist i've been to was a letdown to say the least. The first one prescribed an SSRI within (literally) 5 minutes of the self-description of my symptoms which gave me unbearable itch and tingling all over my body. The second took some time to hear me out, diagnosed add and gave me a different brand of SSRIs which didn't do anything and the last one I went to recently seemed eager to diagnose me with tourettes and prescribe me some SSRIs and 2 other pills. Those I refused to take. I'm here asking for starting advice for a stack I want to build to alleviate some of the symptoms which keep me from functioning as well as give me better focus and a mood lift. As well as advice for general lifestyle changes that would promote better mental health for me. :sleep:

My main concern is my inability to hold focus and the many mental and physical backlashes against trying to force a focus. Any thought or realization has to happen in an instant otherwise my brain just drops it completely and will refuse to backtrace to it for further analisys. The very act of trying to focus on typing this post has my brain despirately trying to go off track and expand on the miniscule details, rereading the post with every line. I find myself impulsively opening new tabs and accessing youtube, opening games, losing myself in sudden bursts of contemplation, getting the urge to walk around as stimuli seems to sooth. Reading has been pretty much impossible since the age of 10 so for as long as I can remember I've managed texts solely by running through words, catching context and forming quick mental points in an attempt to absorb as much data as I can. Trying to force attention towards a paragraph for example causes tunnel vision, motor ticks, horrible itching, restless leg. Things with many simultanious potential focal points (like nature) also induce heavy tunnel vision and a 'block'. Anticipation seems to produce ticks too; like anticipating a scene in a movie gives me a great impulse to blink my eyes and miss it or the feeling to look behind my shoulder. Symptoms associated with obsessive compultion disorder are also present and aggreviate my inability to focus; due to this I come off as a very aggressive perfectionist, my entire lfe recently is defined by a tight schedule and every dent in it drops my desire to continue with it almost entirely and trying to rationalize it in my mind produces the same effects as trying to force a focus. I noticed that certain physical stimuli reduce these symptoms to highly manageble levels. Stimuli like vibration from a car engine is a perfect example.

Like I said I also have several consistent ticks affecting pretty much every muscle in my body. Usually it's associated with my environment; for example a bright sun gives me the impulse to look directly at it and squint my eyes hard and shake my head so that the bright light (to my mind) hits every angle of my FOV. Ofcourse this is controllable to a degree but the impulse is there, it's strong and it does not help my focus one bit. I've also have many different general ticks too small and too numerous to control so I let them happen when I'm not in public, such as my need to maintain sensation symmetry (if I touch something with my left middle finger, I want to touch it with my right middle finger, ect. same with ears and sound). It's annoying as hell.

Lastly and most recently I suffer from general anxiety. This was more of a problem when it first started; the constant panic attacks, the flight or fight-driven 80km/h drives to the ER. It was hell. But as time went by it manifested simply as a very decreased tollerance to stress. I constantly feel troubled, like there's a big danger looming even when there isn't; every slight discomfort or symptom triggers the worst-case scenario in my head; much social anxiety too. Then there's the depression, or rather the very very low mood and motivations, the restless sleep, dizzyness. *sigh* If you want more specifics just ask.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add, adhd, focus, mood, stack, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users