Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered

http://www.independe...ed-9849920.html

Thought that this could interresting.

• like x 2

#2 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

I work with a few people that must have a debilitating case of this virus. According to my dad, there is no cure for the stupid virus. 

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

So how do we kill it?

#4 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

So how do we kill it?

As pro-v pointed out, it's incurable. The only solution is to quarantine everyone infected with the stupid virus.

Since we cannot kill it, preventative measures are a must; wash your hands and stay away from people exhibiting signs of stupidity.

• like x 3

#5 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

No surprise here...

#6 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:39 AM

Friends, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are quite a few viruses already known to make you stupid; here's the original study. Personally, my cognition was never quite the same after EBV infection at age 19 (a herpesvirus).

I am quite glad, however, to be the bearer of good news; a potent and safe new antiviral may be able to suppress or even eradicate herpesviruses over time. (Can't find the source for elimination; it was estimated to take 7 years, IIRC).

I am very seriously hoping to get a CMX001 group buy going by the end of the year. But of course, it's not some sexy BDNF-supercharging peptide, so no one will be interested, LOL.

• like x 3

#7 Flex

• Topic Starter
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

Friends, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are quite a few viruses already known to make you stupid; here's the original study. Personally, my cognition was never quite the same after EBV infection at age 19 (a herpesvirus).

And this is the reason why I´ve posted this.

Instead of thinking everytime about the same hype-diseases like ADHD or whatever,

it could be considerable to look into this like for toxoplasmosis, Herpes & etc.

Edited by Flex, 12 November 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#8 ShadowFox

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

I am quite glad, however, to be the bearer of good news; a potent and safe new antiviral may be able to suppress or even eradicate herpesviruses over time. (Can't find the source for elimination; it was estimated to take 7 years, IIRC).

I am very seriously hoping to get a CMX001 group buy going by the end of the year. But of course, it's not some sexy BDNF-supercharging peptide, so no one will be interested, LOL.

I'd totally be interested when or if you decide to put one up.

• like x 1

#9 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

I am quite glad, howev/ er, to be the bearer of good news; a potent and safe new antiviral may be able to suppress or even eradicate herpesviruses over time. (Can't find the source for elimination; it was estimated to take 7 years, IIRC).

But how safe is it? In my understanding and limited experience, antivirals is not something one would take long term for no good reason. Often they lead to mitochondrial toxicity. 

I looked into clinicaltrials.gov for CMX001 (Brincidofovir) and interesting that in this phase 3 study for  adenovirus the dosage is twice a week for 12 weeks.

Suppose you get the stuff. What would be your dosage and for how long would you be taking it?

PS

Interesting, they want to test it on ebola, "administered as initial dose of 200mg then 100mg BIW for a total of 5 doses."

Edited by xEva, 12 November 2014 - 10:19 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

This wont work for the algae virus I don't think but do look into disrupting the lipid layer on lipid coated virii like HSV etc with Lauric etc. acids and BHT.

Here on some other interesting threads mentioning bavituximab et al:
http://www.longecity...available-soon/
http://www.longecity...-the-brain-and/

Edited by Logic, 14 November 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: virus, cognitive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users