Yohimbine dosage

yohimbine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ccnootropics

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

I recently decided to try out yohimbine for increased energy, and saw that it may also help with weight loss so I figured I'd give it a try!  I saw that the recommended dosage is .2mg/kg of body weight.  Does anybody know is that dose should be taken at once, split throughout the day, or even taken 2-3 times per day?  Thanks in advance!

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I've heard it can have some crazy side effects so I would say start with a really low dosage and work your way up

#3 zompy

• 56 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

You should only take yohimbine in a fasted state though, i did not really notice anything from it so it took quite high dosages. 

Edited by zompy, 08 December 2014 - 04:59 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

You should only take yohimbine in a fasted state though, i did not really notice anything from it so it took quite high dosages.

24mg is the most I can handle.

#5 drew_ab

• 121 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

Several years ago I took what was considered a low dose of yohimbine and it sent my blood pressure through the roof. So high in fact that I started getting nosebleeds all the time from cranial hypertension.  Not saying you will have my experience, but I wouldn't go near the stuff. Period.

#6 mjp108

• 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

I understand that it will raise your blood pressure seriously.  Always a great idea to search and find a way top elevate your energy but you will want to monitor the body's reaction.

• like x 1

#7 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

Several years ago I took what was considered a low dose of yohimbine and it sent my blood pressure through the roof. So high in fact that I started getting nosebleeds all the time from cranial hypertension.  Not saying you will have my experience, but I wouldn't go near the stuff. Period.

It can go high, especially if you are on an SSRI, or combining it with caffeine!

I know it's noted for supposedly treating SSRI-induced sexual dysfunctions, cognitive deficits and for enhancing anti depressant response - but yohimbine can also shift extra serotonin to the 5-HT4 which is FAR more constrictive when taking additive serotonergic supplements..even though Yohimbine in itself is antiserotonergic,it's primary properties are receptor modulation - so in the event of another serotonergic supplement or drug, the receptors not blocked by yohimbine (every serotonin receptor except 1B,1D and 2B) will get hit.....

5-HT2A = raise blood pressure / produce migraine

5-HT3 = cause nausea, excitation, anxiety

5-HT4 = raise blood pressure , and possibly cause diarrhea / Irritable Bowel Syndrome....

etc

NOW, I'm willing to bet that at least a few hundred of you have experienced AT LEAST ONE of the bolded symptoms above while on yohimbine, regardless of being on an SSRI or not...reason is because so many supplements some of you take - may indirectly influence serotonin without you knowing!

Even acetylcholine, glutamate, dopamine, AMPA, these ALL have downstream effects on serotonin, one way or another, direct or indirect...most presumably indirect!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yohimbine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users