Effect Post Alcohol

nice feeling

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 daramantus

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

what happens with my brain after alcohol consuption?

I mean, everytime that I drink one day before (vodka + beer, to be clearer,) , the other day I wake up focused, with more sexual desire, with more desire to do things, more energy, more calm, better circulation... ( I have to reach the level of being a little queasy one night before to get this effect)
this effect lasts 1 day..
What happens? 

I want it to happen naturally, without having to depend on alcohol 

Edited by daramantus, 21 November 2014 - 09:34 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:58 AM

I know that feel. 

I only get it 3-4 times a year. It's a special hangover. It's how I imagine people feel normally, so carefree, extroverted, etc.  

It goes away once I ingest food. I've waiting till eat till 7pm and will still have the effects till I eat, this rules out being still intoxicated as the factor. 

It's what I am searching for right now as well. 

could be glutamate, gaba, histamine, dopamine, insulin/glucose. haven't figured it out yet. 

My only hint is that it does a 360 once food starts being digested. liquids do not affect the mood. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 daramantus

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:01 AM

If food stops the effect, perhaps the factor of insulin/glucose may play a role , what do u think? the effect could be a mixture of all, and also appears to be linked to histamine

Edited by daramantus, 22 November 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#4 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

While dentric damage will account for a NGF effect, the majority is probably due to glutamate rebound caused by antagonist NMDAR action. This action is similar to Ifenprodil, which increase NGF by a similar amount. The NMDAR effect is subtype selective, so similar effects would not be observed by most nmdar antagonist.

• Informative x 1

#5 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

If food stops the effect, perhaps the factor of insulin/glucose may play a role , what do u think? the effect could be a mixture of all, and also appears to be linked to histamine

I'm still brainstorming and trialing supps/nootropics/drugs to find a balance. could be something farther out there to, like ghrelin/leptin balance. 

Do you notice anything that ends the effect you have? 

There are other people on this site who have this same condition. One worded it well by saying "its like I'm looking through life with a different filter." 

While dentric damage will account for a NGF effect, the majority is probably due to glutamate rebound caused by antagonist NMDAR action. This action is similar to Ifenprodil, which increase NGF by a similar amount. The NMDAR effect is subtype selective, so similar effects would not be observed by most nmdar antagonist.

Yea I did trial some memantine. It's main effect did nothing for me. But when I was  titrating up the dosage I would get some pleasant side effects. People usually complain about memantine's side effects when upping the dose. a major side effect which only would last 2-3 days from titrating was elimination of boredom. I'd be doing that same boring thing but I'd be ok with it. 

The problem is that alcohol effects so many systems

#6 knockout_mice

• 51 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

It's the opposite for me. I get hangovers from less than three beers (4-5% alcohol x 5dl). It's more of a cognitive hangover, not a physical. I'm demotivated, irritable and can't concentrate. I stopped drinking alcohol, phenibut or mild stimulants are way better (once weekly). I think it's the GABA receptor downregulation.

• Off-Topic x 1

#7 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

It's the opposite for me. I get hangovers from less than three beers (4-5% alcohol x 5dl). It's more of a cognitive hangover, not a physical. I'm demotivated, irritable and can't concentrate. I stopped drinking alcohol, phenibut or mild stimulants are way better (once weekly). I think it's the GABA receptor downregulation.

That's how my usual hangover is when I drink 8+ beers I rarely get those special hangovers. I use alpha gpc(900mg), b-vit, nac(600mg) and taurine(2g) to wipe out all negative cognitive effects returning cognition to baseline. I take 600mg of ibupforen or aspirin for physical effects.

Yea it could be gaba. The problem I have with that is the immediacy or the effects, I'm talking minutes after food is consumed. I can feel the muscle tension crawl back into my muscles, feel the anxiety/social anxiety start to cloud my mind.   

#8 daramantus

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

I'm still brainstorming and trialing supps/nootropics/drugs to find a balance. could be something farther out there to, like ghrelin/leptin balance. 

Do you notice anything that ends the effect you have? 

There are other people on this site who have this same condition. One worded it well by saying "its like I'm looking through life with a different filter." 

Yes, I noticed that heavy foods, refined breads, pastries, any kind of junk food decreases the effect, give me more anxiety, reducing the calm effect..
And Caffeine also reduces the effect, making me more anxious too..

If it's GABA, then what can I do to get the same effects?

Picamilon+Niacin ?

Edited by daramantus, 22 November 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#9 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

Yea refined foods jolt me back fast as do eggs, soda and gatorade drinks do not though.  

I'm not sure its gaba as of yet.

If you think its gaba anxiety issues here is the master thread for that. http://www.longecity...ly-effectively/

Edited by JellyRev, 22 November 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#10 daramantus

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

Another thing I noticed was that my lips are redder, perhaps may have something to do with better circulation in the brain? more oxygen to the brain

#11 Shulginstestsubject

• 53 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:29 AM

I was actually about to ask this very question. In my case I'm still hungover and have cognitive deficits, motivational issues, pain, headache, etc, BUT I get UNBEARABLY horny. I'm talking perfect tactile sensivity, gobs of precum, awesome bloodflow, increased body heat (didn't actually measure this, but I'm perspiring a bit more) and plenty of hedonic reactivity. I basically wake up the next morning feeling like a ravenous, bloated, jiggly puddle of sex.

This is likely a combination of things--

NMDAr: Alcohol blocks NMDA subset of glutamate receptors. Does this cause NMDAr exocytosis? Do other glutamate receptors downregulate in response? Does it even change any glutamate receptor densities at all? Does ketamine produce the same rebound pro-sexual effect? Are there any specific regions of the brain where these NMDAr are localized? Subunits are NR1 and NR2A where binding sites have been established; are there any studies that have radiolabeled the parts of the brain where these tend to be?

GABAa positive allosteric modulation delta subunit: I feel like this has like a "sling shot" effect on synaptic abundance of glutamate the next day. The question is; what areas of the brain is this primarily occuring? in the VTA? Where are the delta subunit GABAa allosteric sites localized? Does this cause GABA receptor endocytosis resulting in net increase in excitatory transmission? Is it because of depleted storage of GABA neurotransmitters? There could be a plethora of things happening here. Does valium cause rebound pro-sexual effects? Is the environment in the brain (receptor densities) different during rebound and if so, does it effect the primary targets of glutamate transmission?

There is some direct effect on glycine receptors. Allosteric modulation. To be honest I don't know much in the way of glycine transmission.

Modulates nicotinic cholingergic transmission

Alcohol acutely potentiates the 5-HT3 receptor which has exitatory downstream effects. Activation of this receptor causes nausea, vomiting, emesis, anxiety, and propensity for seizures. These receptors re localized at neocortical interneurons, amygdala, and hippocampus, and in ferret visual cortex. Judging by the negative effects seen in alcohol rebound, I'd hypothesize that these receptors are not subject to endocytosis upon activation they probably don't downregulate. Has anybody ever taken Ondansetron during alcohol rebound? Does ondansetron effect libido?

Alcohol blocks L-type Ca+ channels. Does this cause rebound Ca+ hyperefflux? Alcohol opens some subtype of K+ channels (GIRK). What does this mean for the rebound?

In low doses, alcohol increases glutamate in the NAC shell, but higher doeses reduce glutamatergic output in this area.

Studies indicate that alcohol effects on the NAC shell and mediated by the 5-HT3 receptor that cause localized increased firing rate of dopaminergic neurons in the nuccleus accumbens.

Mecylamine (nicotinic acetylcholine antagonist) blocks NAC dopamine release by alcohol.

Glycine receptor antagonist Strychinine prevents alcohol induced dopamine release in NAC.

Alcohol is not just a depressant, it's pharmacology is rather rich.

I wonder if theres an oxytocinergic link. Alcohol decreases serum vasopressin (hense having to piss a like a racehorse every 45 minutes). Perhaps theres a rebound increase in vasopressin? Growth hormone? Leutenizing hormone?

Another GABAergic drug with similar pro-sexual properties is GHB, but I don't know if sexual enhancement occurs during acute drug effects or rebound.

Onother thing to consider is metabolic processes elsewhere in the body. Liver enzymes are raised, enzymes are occupied with alcohol metabolites. What primary alcohol metabolite is circulating around the day after?

Kinda hard to even make a suggestion, given all this information. Hmmmm where to start.

Most of this info came from here: http://physrev.physi...t/89/2/649.long

#12 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yeah the issue with alcohol is the wide variety of effects to neurotransmitters and other hormones. It's hard to pinpoint. 

yea I often wake up hot from alcohol too, but I also naturally/dysfunctionally run hotter than most people. I get that from most hangovers. 

I have been looking at what the digestion of solid food does to neurotransmitters and other hormones. Something is either being released, taken up, or some receptors are up/downregulating but I do not know which. I say solid as I've said I can consume a variety of liquids and maintain the effect. 

#13 daramantus

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

any ideas?

#14 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:41 AM

I got lots of ideas, ranging from glutamate, gaba, dopamine, insulin/glucose, ghrelin/leptin, histamine.

HPA axis/vagus nerve dysfunction.

food allergy/inflammation/dysfunctional gut flora that is corrected by alcohol sometimes via die off. 

a lot goes on in the gut and its connected pretty well with the brain...

That feeling of relaxed muscles and general mood that I get from that effect keep me churning

#15 daramantus

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

I was thinking here, In my opinion, has to do with insulin/glucose, histamine and a little with dopamine

I forgot to write that this effect is the only thing that heals my fibromyalgia

Edited by daramantus, 26 November 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#16 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:27 AM

I don't know if this will help this thread, though, I was wondering the same thing for years (I even asked this same questions in a thread years ago).

Because of the fact I'm on antipsychotics it might reveal why this post-alcohol feels so good/right. I find myself normal after being tipsy and the day after, like I'm totally connected again with the real me. I don't know which receptors Zyprexa binds to but other people know and that might be a clue why this phenomena occurs. Only thing I know and feel is that whenever I have consumed just the right amount of alcohol (tipsy) I feel a relieve (like some sort of pressure) in the frontal brain area's. Since Zyprexa is made to antagonize dopamine release, that might be it? I honestly have no idea but I totally get what this thread is all about! 

#17 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

I'll look into the effects of zyprexa. thanks. 

Sometimes when I drink my issues(flat affect, anxiety) increase sometimes even reaching a point of derealization and other times I just get tired up until a point. The issues top out at a certain level of alcohol and right past that point my brain shifts gears into near normalcy. Once the brain shifts gears I feel more awake and sober than the 10 minutes before where my issues were bothering me.  

• Informative x 1

#18 daramantus

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

In preclinical studies, Zyprexa demonstrates affinity for serotonin 5HT2A / C, 5HT3, 5HT6; dopamine D1, D2, D3, D4, D5; muscarinic M1-5; alpha1-adrenergic and histamine H1. The animals in behavioral studies of the effects of zyprexa indicated 5HT, dopamine and cholinergic, consistent with the connection profile to these receptors. Zyprexa demonstrated greater in vitro affinity to the 5HT2 serotonin receptor, as well as increased activity in vivo, compared to the affinity and activity for the dopamine D2 receptor.

Edited by daramantus, 30 November 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#19 Helllllo

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

Mr. Falco, was wondering whether you could narrow down your list to an essentials. Couldn't afford all that stuff.

't''t

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 theSolutionProvider

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2024 - 05:24 AM

Hi Beautiful People,

I Have Found a Natural Technique to replicate the clear mental state of the Hangover Afterglow, instantly.

After Suffering from anxiety for a long long time (childhood,{ i am 30}), i have been trying to notice and 

replicate the effect when it was over (during normal anxiety state).  And TDAAAAA… yesterday i found it ! 

It works for me and I can Help You Too. But it will be chargeable because i think it’s worth it.

But You pay me only after i help you to recreate this state over a video call. I TRUST You and i want you to TRUST me too. 

I can understand how important this was for me and it is for you. Let’s keep the remaining for the call.

For Enquiry(who are interested), please write to hereisthesolutionprovider@gmail.com

NOTE:

THIS IS NOT A SPAM.

If the technique doesn’t work for you , you don’t pay me (NO CAP.) Also, i am a gentleman.

• The SoultionProvider 

Edited by theSolutionProvider, 03 February 2024 - 05:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users