alpha-GPC... proper dosage?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:23 AM

whats the proper dosage of alpha-GPC per day to see positive effects(in a 24 year old)

is 250mg(elemental) enough?

also is occasional(1-3) times per week use of hup-A safe while taking alpha-GPC daily?

thanks [thumb]

#2 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:24 AM

Yes, it is safe to sue both Huperzine A and Alpha-GPC, but really Alpha-GPC by itself will be of little benefit. I recommend trying Piracetam or Oxiracetam with it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:59 AM

Usually people take 300-1,200 mg daily of GPC....a higher dose may be needed for the first week or so for the effects to kick in.

Your weekly use of huperzine a is very safe although perhaps too low to be effective.

#4 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

Usually people take 300-1,200 mg daily of GPC....a higher dose may be needed for the first week or so for the effects to kick in.

Your weekly use of huperzine a is very safe although perhaps too low to be effective.

how high should the 'attack dose' of alphaGPC be?

how high should the huperzine-A dose be, and how long before tests/studying do i need to take it?

thanks

Yes, it is safe to sue both Huperzine A and Alpha-GPC, but really Alpha-GPC by itself will be of little benefit. I recommend trying Piracetam or Oxiracetam with it.

ive thought about pirecetam, but it seems to be something people take consistantly... i only want to take these during the semester. is there any risk of a 'crash', or return to bellow baseline when stopping pirecetam use

#5 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:28 PM

"how high should the 'attack dose' of alphaGPC be?"
I think 1,000 g is a good dose to start with if you're into mega doses.

"how high should the huperzine-A dose be, and how long before tests/studying do i need to take it?"

Huperzine A is not a stimulant like caffeine or modafinil so its effects will probably build up over a few months. However, you should feel some effects in the first week if you take it a good 2-3 hours before studying.

For me it takes longer than that, but that's because I use an enterically coated product.

"i only want to take these during the semester. is there any risk of a 'crash', or return to bellow baseline when stopping pirecetam use"
No, there isn't. You would simply return to how you were before.

I tried Piracetam for about a month, and I can't say I feel any different now than before taking it. It seemed to help me with creative tasks like writting, but not so much for others. However, I stopped taking it because of cost mostly.

#6 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

exigentsky wrote:

"I think 1,000 g is a good dose to start with if you're into mega doses."

1000 grams is more than a mega dose. I would be worried about survival on a dose like that.

"However, I stopped taking it (piracetam) because of cost mostly."

Piracetam is one of the cheapest noots you can find. It may be the cheapest of all I think my dose costs about 3 cents a day. Do you know of one that's cheaper?

#7 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

exigentsky wrote:

1000 grams is more than a mega dose. I would be worried about survival on a dose like that.

elaborate please, i keep hearing different things...

#8 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

I'm sure you realize I missed an "m" before the g. And if not, I have yet more to clarify. For example, when I said in my first post in this thread that "it is safe to sue both Huperzine A and Alpha-GPC", sue is supposed to be use.

#9 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:14 AM

i was worried about a legal battle, who would sue a great choline source? [wink]

j/k, i think we all recognized it.

#10 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:26 AM

Yes, I didn't want to think someone would read that and try to eat a kilo of the stuff.

#11 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:11 AM

im still not clear on how much to take on a daily basis?

#12 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:52 AM

Have you thought of trying aniracetam(more people respond to this) or oxiracetam instead of piracetam? or Idebenone

Also has anyone tried stacking DMAE with VitaminB50 or B100 complexes? Should that really have a synergistic effects?

#13 tea76

• 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hey guys!

I would appreciate advice on how much Alpha GPC to take per day. I just started my Piracetam regiment yesterday and have been running small "attack doses" at 4800 mg per day for the last 2 days. The first day I did not use Alpha GPC, but the second day I got an headache so I popped 350x2 capsules of Alpha GPC with approximately 3 hours in between. Afterwards my mind became quite foggy and I felt a bit "drunken". It subsided after 1-2 hours and I felt normal again.

I'm obviously still in the startup phase of my regiment and will find a balance sooner or later, but I would appreciate advice on what sort of dosages are normal for Piracetam + Alpha GPC.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 deh707

• 126 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hey guys!

I would appreciate advice on how much Alpha GPC to take per day. I just started my Piracetam regiment yesterday and have been running small "attack doses" at 4800 mg per day for the last 2 days. The first day I did not use Alpha GPC, but the second day I got an headache so I popped 350x2 capsules of Alpha GPC with approximately 3 hours in between. Afterwards my mind became quite foggy and I felt a bit "drunken". It subsided after 1-2 hours and I felt normal again.

I'm obviously still in the startup phase of my regiment and will find a balance sooner or later, but I would appreciate advice on what sort of dosages are normal for Piracetam + Alpha GPC.

1.6g piracetam + 150mg alpha-gpc is what i'm dosing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users