alpha-GPC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:37 AM

should alpha-GPC be taken on an empty stomach or with meals? can it be taken with krala or alcar, or should there be a window?

thx

#2 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:56 AM

ajnast4r,
I now take all choline supplements (phos, cito, and GPC) with my meals and main supps like ortho core. I take lipoic supps w/alcar away from choline as they compete with each other according to a recent post on this forum (I belive from LifeMirage) which occurred about a month or two ago...sorry I can't recall when, but I recall thinking, damn...we need a chart deliniating what can be taken together and separated.....at nearly a 100 pills a day, I hate to think I'm combining things inappropriately!

I do my best to separate lipoics from food by taking them often, between meals...for example, when going to sleep, upon first awakening, and three or four times a day, between meals ie, an hour or two between food. As my days are often quite busy, thi s is sometimes a challeng but given the peakiness of krla I've tried to take lesser amounts more often as I can't really afford geranova's cooler stuff on a regular basis.

Footnote: CRAP! Glad you raised this issue and hopefully someone else will respond as I just thought about ORTHO-MIND, which I use, and recalled it has both choline and rlipoic/alcar together.... hmmmmmm....I've always found AOR to be so good at seperating competing supps better than other suppliers like lef....now I'm gonna have to try and track down the post which stated choline and lipoics should be separated......HELP, someone!!! I've spent an hour trying to find the post recommending separating lipoics and choline sources, without success....

Edited by vastman, 24 August 2005 - 07:21 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:18 AM

should alpha-GPC be taken on an empty stomach or with meals?

Take it with food.

#4 teak

• 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:38 PM

What is the justification for taking it with food? Is it fat soluble or something? I posted a few conflicting references, some suggested empty stomach, others suggested with a meal:

http://www.imminst.o...ST&f=169&t=5073

On a side note, one reference suggested taking caffeine might improve how much is absorbed.

#5 jackdaniels

• 73 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

Bump.

Any more clarification on whether alpha gpc should be taken with food or not?

#6 juverulez

• 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

I am pretty much sure that Biotest Alpa GPC (900 mg) is best taken on empty stomach but they use it for bodybuilding purposes mainly...

#7 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Fat soluble, take with food.

#8 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

^^Agreed. This doesn't necessarily hold true for all choline sources (as suggested earlier in the thread), but GPC is fat-soluble, so is best taken with some food in the stomach.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 William Entity

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Fat soluble, take with food.

Alpha GPC is a water soluble phosphorylated version of choline that has significant activity in the brain. When you consume it, it is able to quickly cross over the blood-brain barrier and target certain pathways in the brain. After the Phosphate portion of the supplement is metabolized and stripped of its fatty acids, the choline is left. It is found in a glycerin molecule bound to another form of Choline which can then be used to synthesize Acetylcholine in the brain when needed. -

See more at: http://nootriment.co...h.Gy3E7bh2.dpuf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users