Dasatinib group buy from Nyles

dasatinib senolytic senescent scenescent cells sasp senolytics group buy

• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

#301 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

No joints problems ever in HUMster...

HUMster underwent several (7) different antiaging interventions,in last 3 years, Each of

them targeting different major aspects of aging.Unfortunately each of them involving difficult

to obtain items. Had to be very creative to get them legally.

HUMster wants to know exactly how body responds to different interventions,and how safe it is

before he designs stack for use in the future. So at this stage the focus is more on science

than total rejuvenation.

For this reason he decided to be sedentary starting 3 years ago because otherwise it would

be difficult to discern effects of antiaging therapy from those caused by exercise.

Exercise has powerful positive effect on the body , which would otherwise mask positive

effect of the antiaging intervention.

Of all the interventions only D+Q+F had such a powerful positive effect on blood pressure.

There are still 2 or 3 interventions left to be tested , which he hopes to complete in a year,

after which he will  get back to physical activity.

• Good Point x 1

#302 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

Having studied the theory behind the use of senolytics such as the D&Q combination on this thread, I was wondering if anyone could contribute to the reports I see from people using this combination frequently?

For example, your body's cells accumulate the senesence associated secretory phenotype over a long, long period of time.  Presumably a session of one or several doses of the senolytic wipes out the senescent cells.

Surely your body cannot re-accumulate the senescent cells in a limited time scale:  eg a year.

So why do many of you do the senolytic therapy every other week?  Can you tell me your reasoning, please?

Hi TaiChiKid,

I'm not a researcher here but a daredevil experimenter. So take my comments with a big pinch of salt.

From what I've understood even in the oldest of humans prior to death only around 15% of the body's cells are senescent. This means that a totally effective clearing of one's senescent cells at an advanced age would remove a maximum of that percentage. More likely taking senolytic drugs such as Navitoclax or Dasatinib will remove only a much smaller fractional proportion of the approximately 5 to 10% senescent cells our body has accumulated between the ages of 40 to the 70's. 

We have little feedback on these products as from what I know only 3 members posting in this thread have taken Dasatinib with Quercetin and none so far have reported back about Navitoclax. That the latter specifically targets stem cells makes it a strong candidate for having a more prominent effect than D+Q. But testing will need to confirm this.

From my very limited experience with D+Q, after a run of approximately 10 days at 100mg Dasatinib per day followed up a week later with a couple of extra similar dosed intakes, I found it to have a pronounced effect. I feel younger when active, as if I had greater energy reserves similar to those I felt when I was 20 years younger. However this doesn't equate to being 20 years younger.

* I neither presently have the medical support or financial resources to conduct lab testing of youth factors, therefore I don't seek to prove these effects for the community. My feedback with remain for many unreliable if not entirely irrelevant for some here, others can ascribe whatever validity they wish to my observatoins. Please note also that I did a run of 100mg of Epitalon only a few weeks earlier, meaning that my observations are obscured by the relative simultaneity of these two treatments.

While I continue to feel general benefits in terms of wellbeing, which I attribute mostly to the D+Q, I think that it only targeted merely a proportion of my senescent cells. Otherwise I would certainly look younger than I do. While I observe some tissue change with my muscle tone looking better and my skin looking younger, I haven't suddenly "gotten young".

And while I plan on using D+Q again I hesitate because, for all I know, it may have killed off as many young cells as senescent ones? Making it a potentially toxic substance the anti-aging benefits coming at the price of weakening our organism? This is conjecture but I'd rather know more about its pros and cons before turning this into a regular intake. Also, targeting senescent cells is only one venue to reverse aging. Other means can help turn back the clocks of time. Such as inhibiting NF-κB or lipofuscin as well as promising new stem-cell treatments to be explored.

DareDevil

Edited by DareDevil, 11 March 2017 - 11:32 AM.

• like x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

#303 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

Group Buy Progress Report:

The lab replied at last:
"...The LC-MS instrument has not been behaving the way it should. We had it serviced and now it is within specs.  

... a bit preoccupied with getting it all back online...

By tomorrow I'm hopeful you'll know what's in there..."

#304 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation reduces adipose tissue by apoptosis and develops lipodystrophy in mice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/10969838

Discussion here:
http://www.longecity...eset-set-point/

#305 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

I would like to expand on the DareDevil's most recent posting and add some

observations to those stated in my previous two postings on experiences with

D+Q+F.

To remind from previous posting , I will mantion that the D+Q+F successfully

cured HUMsters hypertension. There is no doubt about it.

I agree that the D+Q will not make someone young in the entirety. But will rejuventate

some aspects of aging and those are important ones.

There is a reason for that. D+Q attacks only limited subset of senescent cells. Only those

which are vulnerable to its action. And those are the endothelial senescent cells and

senescent preadipocytes.

Some of the authors mention D+Q senolytic effects in liver and muscles.

There is a reason for that, and this is (similarly to many types of cancers) the wide variety

of the the types of senescent cells. Each of them senesced due to different type of

damage to the cell.

So far I have not met any article which specifically lists all types of senescent cells, and I

think such listing is still something what will be not available for some time. Its an ongoing

area of research ....

What we know is that some of the senescent cells avoid being normally removed by

apoptosis or by immune system because they use variety of different survival strategies 

to prevent it (again , not unlike cancer cells).

Thus some of the cancer medications are also senolytic,because the target cancer cells

share the same survival strategies as the senescent cells which are senolysed by those

drugs.

Continuing this line of thought, since there is no single strategy which can remove every

type of cancer so far , there is no single strategy to remove every type senescent cells.

What strikes me in experiments with D+Q in comparison with other cancer drugs tried

in HUMster is the lack of cutaneous (skin) effects. Specifically,the erlotinib, brigantinb

and everolimus attacked visible nevi and caused rash and sores on the skin while D+Q

did not at all.

For your info the nevi are loaded with senescent as well as neoplastic and cancerous

cells, and can serve as an excellent marker of the effectivenes of the intervention.

Therefore if some medication attacks them it may be because it is senolytic.....There

are many types of nevi .....they are affected differently by different type of cancer drug.

It is worth to know some dermatology to distinguish the senolytic action of drugs on the skin.

Nevi are excellent markers of the effectiveness of the therapy (oncologists are very happy

when they see rash on the skin, because it indicates the the therapy works).

Some of the bad cells types which make up nevi can be found also in other organs (eg basal

carcinoma can be found in skin forming pretty benign nevus but it is also causing deadly

cancer of the lungs). The same may be with the senescent cells.

Subsequently to skin eruptions and rashes, after healing (which could last for several months)

there was  evidence of (at least in cosmetic sense,but not only) strong rejuvenating effect on

the skin of those former medications but not much change with the D+Q.

In particular  the nevi and discolorations have not been affected by D+Q whatsoever.

Nevertheless , after half a year I  can see that the skin is more supple....and this might

be due to better circulation of subcutaneous blood and due to regeneration of fat

tissue in the dermal layers. There is also evidence that some small wrinkles disappeared

but the bigger ones are not much affected.

Another superficial effect is the slight but noticeable increase in the hair density. Likely

due to better circulation of blood in the scalp. The degree of the increase of haiir

density is similar to the effect caused by rogaine (which also increases blood circulation)

which HUMster used in the distant past. The difference is that rogaine works only when used,

while the D+Q effects on hair growth seem to be permanent. The hair seem to be more

shiny, stronger and less grey as well.

Humster did not notice much of the effect of D+Q on the wellbeing and cognitive

measures, besides slight transient worsening over first month after dosing with subsequent

recovery to the same level as before dosing. The reason for the worsening might have been

related to the immune system upregulation for the first month after dosing and related flu

like state which steadily decreased over that period of time to disappear completely afterwards.

However , it does not mean that other humsters will not gain some cognitive positive effects

due to lowering effect of the D+Q therapy on the inflamation or even on better blood circulation

in the brain.

No pain nor other discomforts caused by the D+Q.

It is likely that I would see other markers affected by the D+Q, but, frankly say, due to previous

interventions , HUMster is running out of markers of aging.

This is unfortunate side affect of successful antiaging therapy....less and less markers to

rely on....How sad ..... :-D

In conclussion : D+Q is not panaceum for aging. It affects some (and very important)

aspects of aging but not all of them. It is likely that it has to be followed by other

interventions which complement its action.I think the Nav is a very good candidate for such

additive effects.....

Thank you for attention

• Informative x 6
  • like x 1

#306 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

due to previous interventions , HUMster is running out of markers of aging.

Would you share what those interventions were (dosage, duration etc) and their results or lack thereof?

Thanks!

• Good Point x 1

#307 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

It would be interesting to measure heart rate variability parameters before and after treatment.

There should be difference if vascular system will improve.

#308 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Dasatinib Group Buy progress report:

The lab contacted me asking for the postage list around monday or Tuesday.
I sent it and asked for the test results, but have not heard anything back yet.
I dont like to bother them as they are actually doing us a huge favour by aliquoting and posting the D and $600 for Mass Spectrography testing is also a very good price.
I sent of a quick Email asking for the lab results yesterday as normally they send then when asking for the Postage list, but have not yet heard back from them.
I can only think that they are very busy (with customers that pay full price) and will contact them again on Monday.

Thx everyone for your patience.
This buy has taken an awfully long time and I will work to rectify that if I do another.

Navitoclax:
The lab is researching making this and the minimum order is 500 grams.
​I have not looked at what the dosage and schedule would be for senescent cell clearance so hope we can reach that target when they get back to me.

In the meantime I have been looking at other suppliers and vetting them to make sure they are legit.
Vetting is following this time consuming procedure, more or less, as one cant take chances!
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=763608

Concomitant Dasatinib and Navitoclax is not a good idea!?

BH3 mimetics such as ABT-737 and navitoclax bind to the BCL-2 family of proteins and induce apoptosis through the intrinsic apoptosis pathway...

We discuss how the expression of BCL-2 family proteins regulates the sensitivity to ABT-737. One of these, MCL-1, has been widely described as contributing to resistance to ABT-737 which might suggest a poor response in patients with cancers that express levels of MCL-1...

Dasatinib also reduces the expression of MCL-1 by inhibiting the SRC-family kinase LYN which suppresses the expression of miR-181. This microRNA recognizes the MCL-1 3’ UTR [67], decreasing expression of MCL-1 and contributes to the synergy between dasatinib and ABT-737 in [chronic lymphocytic leukemia] CLL cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3477050/

NB that ABT-737 is not Navitoclax = ABT-263, but it's close and more bioavailable.
How to interpret this info when considering senescent cells is a very good question that I am unqualified to do.
I will say that synergism means the effect was greater than the sum of its parts, so it may be a good or a bad thing for senescent cell clearance and one now has to have a good look at the MCL-1 gene in relation to senescence.

To find out whether broad inhibition of BCL-2 family members by a different inhibitor also results in increased elimination of senescent cells, we treated IMR-90 cells with obatoclax, an inhibitor of BCL-W, BCL-XL, BCL-2, and relatively selective inhibitor of MCL-1 (ref. 26). Surprisingly, obatoclax induced significantly more death of control cells than of senescent cells...

The reduction in viability of OIS cells in response to ABT-199 treatment might be attributable to lower levels of BCL-2 in these cells (Fig. 1d), to the oncogenic context that increases dependence on BCL-2, or to both. ABT-199 had no effect, however, on the viability of either senescent or growing MEFs (Supplementary Fig. 2a). These results indicated that BCL-W and BCL-XL account for most of the resistance of senescent cells to apoptosis.

siRNA mixtures directed against either BCL-W or BCL-XL efficiently reduced their protein levels, but silencing of these genes individually resulted in only minor reductions in DIS cell viability (Fig. 2c,d). In contrast, combined knockdown of BCL-W and BCL-XL had a synergistic effect, leading to a dramatic reduction (53%) in cell viability (Fig. 2c), comparable to that induced by ABT-737 treatment.

Similarly, inhibition of BCL-2 by ABT-199 reduced cell viability when the inhibitor was combined with siRNAs against BCL-W (by 14%), against BCL-XL (by 16%) or against both (by 13%). However, this additional effect was only additive, not synergistic as observed in the case of combined inhibition of BCL-W and BCL-XL. Thus, while all three family members contribute to the viability of DIS cells, Similarly, inhibition of BCL-2 by ABT-199 reduced cell viability when the inhibitor was combined with siRNAs against BCL-W (by 14%), against BCL-XL (by 16%) or against both (by 13%). However, this additional effect was only additive, not synergistic as observed in the case of combined inhibition of BCL-W and BCL-XL. Thus, while all three family members contribute to the viability of DIS cells, BCL-W and BCL-XL play a more prominent role than BCL-2.

http://www.nature.co...les/ncomms11190

(A very good read for anyone interested in senescent cell clearance!)

From the above it would seem that downregulation of BCL-W and BCL-XL are most important and synergistic for senescent cell clearance while BCL-2 only plays a minor additive role.
Most importantly, while Obatoclax is not Dasatinib + Navitoclax, it seems that downregulation of BCL-W, BCL-XL, BCL-2 and MCL1, as would happen with concomitant use of Navitoclax and Dasatinib may result in more healthy cell death than senescent cell death..!??

How does Navitoclax compare to Dasatinib? Put me in for 10g if we're doing that. Not sure what the dosage is though.

#309 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

I could go and look, but am in the middle of Emails and vetting here and have to log into Mozambique later.
Navitoclax isnt cheap! 
What is the dosage and schedule for Navitoclax, for senescent cell clearance?

#310 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

How does Navitoclax compare to Dasatinib? Put me in for 10g if we're doing that. Not sure what the dosage is though.

You're an edgy fellow, my friend. But first before trying navitoclax, I'm curious to know if the D+Q will help you with the essential tremor.

#311 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:10 AM

How does Navitoclax compare to Dasatinib? Put me in for 10g if we're doing that. Not sure what the dosage is though.

You're an edgy fellow, my friend. But first before trying navitoclax, I'm curious to know if the D+Q will help you with the essential tremor.

Yeah I won't be doing them together or with anything else for that matter. I'll be stopping everything I do except my smoothies (without sprouts) when I do 5 days of D+Q 75mg+1500mg. I wanna make sure nothing interferes.

Early theory though. After seeing the head neurologist at University of Maryland about the High Frequency Ultrasound, his opinion was that my left hand was more symptomatic of weakness induced tremor, not essential tremor, meaning a nerve may be inflamed or something. So when he said that I thought I'd start pointing my Near Infrared lamp at my arm and hand and while it's way too early to say for sure, lo and behold I am seeing reduced tremor in that hand. I don't know if that's just another fluke though. The only consistent thing I've found that works so far are GABA boosters like Taurine, L-Theanine, Magnesium and Inositol, all together at once.

Edited by Nate-2004, 16 March 2017 - 05:13 AM.

#312 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

...a nerve may be inflamed....

Silly question maybe but have you tried simple otc anti inflammatories like ibuprofen?

Edited by sthira, 16 March 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#313 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

...a nerve may be inflamed....

Silly question maybe but have you tried simple otc anti inflammatories like ibuprofen?

Of course. I used to take those far too often. Nothing, up until this cocktail of supplements, has ever helped without serious side effects (i.e. propanolol).

#314 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

Hi Shtira'!

I have good news for you.

HUMster has had the Essential Tremor since he was a cub ,not anymore. There is simple

solution to this annoying condition.  The name of the medication is PROZAC, which eliminates

all symptoms  within 5 weeks. However , prozac treats the symptoms (and you will LIKE IT I

have no doubt about it), but does not cure the problem.

Supprisingly , HUMster also have had CURED his Essential Tremor with one

of the interventions he underwent through over last 3 years. Keep reading my

posts and you will find out soon.

PROZAC has some bad side effects during first 5 weeks of treatment, but not

afterwards, So ,dont get discouraged. You will be amazed how well it works long

term.

The Essential Tremor can be considered a symptom (marker) of aging in some

HUMsters. It has something to do with loss of brain tissue, autophagy , and brain

regenerative capacity.(lucky you, cherish it while it lasts,record whaterver you can,

because when it is gone you will regret that you have no memories left of it) :-D

More about it in the future, since it is one (minor one) of the markers of aging i study.

Meanwhile you may try prozac and tell us what happened. For your information, prozac  is

not very selective about serotonin reuptake (SSRI) , it also affects the dopamine reuptake.

It is a small effects, but it actually makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the HUMsetrs with

Essential Tremor. Thats all I can tell at this time. Stiil working on the theories.

Good Luck ...hope (i am sure) it will work...

#315 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Thanks HUMster; but I don't have essential tremor.

#316 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

Hi Shtira'!

I have good news for you.

HUMster has had the Essential Tremor since he was a cub ,not anymore. There is simple

solution to this annoying condition.  The name of the medication is PROZAC, which eliminates

all symptoms  within 5 weeks. However , prozac treats the symptoms (and you will LIKE IT I

have no doubt about it), but does not cure the problem.

Supprisingly , HUMster also have had CURED his Essential Tremor with one

of the interventions he underwent through over last 3 years. Keep reading my

posts and you will find out soon.

PROZAC has some bad side effects during first 5 weeks of treatment, but not

afterwards, So ,dont get discouraged. You will be amazed how well it works long

term.

The Essential Tremor can be considered a symptom (marker) of aging in some

HUMsters. It has something to do with loss of brain tissue, autophagy , and brain

regenerative capacity.(lucky you, cherish it while it lasts,record whaterver you can,

because when it is gone you will regret that you have no memories left of it) :-D

More about it in the future, since it is one (minor one) of the markers of aging i study.

Meanwhile you may try prozac and tell us what happened. For your information, prozac  is

not very selective about serotonin reuptake (SSRI) , it also affects the dopamine reuptake.

It is a small effects, but it actually makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the HUMsetrs with

Essential Tremor. Thats all I can tell at this time. Stiil working on the theories.

Good Luck ...hope (i am sure) it will work...

Also this is terribly wrong. The exact opposite is true. SSRIs, SNRIs, NDRIs, all cause or exacerbate essential tremor. Have a look at literally everything I've tried so far.

#317 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

I am not going to argue , I just reported the experience.

The only thing I can add that during the first five weeks on prozac

the symptoms of Essential Tremor actually increase quite dramatically

to disappear , literally , overnight afterwards.

This has had been experience of the HUMster on and off (many times)

prozac over 25 years. Each time the same effects.Take it or leave it.....

humster does not care.

To make sure the credibility of the opinion  is there.....HUMster has not

been on prozac for many years..... :-D

#318 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:24 PM

I would go so far as to say that Prozac is what triggered the onset of essential tremor when I was 12. I was on it for weeks at one point in my life. One of the listed side effects is tremor. In fact any time I do anything that boosts serotonin my tremor gets worse.

#319 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Nate

Science in making ...My conclussion...there must be at least 2 diifferent

aethiologies of the ET or 2 different pathways to affect it in different individuals .

Thanks for sharing .....nothing to add at this moment.

#320 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:54 AM

Navitoclax isn't cheap! 
What is the dosage and schedule for Navitoclax, for senescent cell clearance?

The expense is not surprising; At 974.61g/mol, navitoclax is a pretty heavy molecule. Looking at it I would guess it's made up of at least eight pieces. To add one piece to another often takes more than one step. Each step decreases your final yield. Even if you are lucky enough to find 10 reactions with good yield (let's say >=90%), if you have 10 steps, that means 0.90^10 = 34.8% total yield. This means money spent on expensive precursors goes down the drain and the total cost of the synthesis goes way up.

So, even though Navitoclax is only ~2x as large are Dasatinib, the math above means that the cost of the synthesis will go up exponentially with molecular weight rather than linearly as one might expect.

As for dosage and schedule, this is what I found:

Phase I study:
"Phase I Study of Navitoclax (ABT-263), a Novel Bcl-2 Family Inhibitor, in Patients With Small-Cell Lung Cancer and Other Solid Tumors"

Platelet counts for all patients dropped to a nadir within 24 to 72 hours of dosing on day - 3, consistent with peripheral destruction on Bcl-xL inhibition. However, with marrow compensation, platelet counts subsequently showed partial recovery during ongoing dosing and then recovered close to baseline during the week off drug (Fig 1B). A recurrent variable decline in platelet count occurred when drug was restarted. Given the kinetics of thrombocytopenia and platelet recovery, with recovery even during continued dosing, the protocol was amended to evaluate whether a low lead-in dose for 7 days before therapeutic dosing could prime the marrow to upregulate platelet production, to allow for higher continuous dosing and to minimize subsequent platelet variability. A lead-in dose of 150 mg was chosen, as this was the dose level at which the mean maximal platelet drop of approximately 60% from baseline was expected based on observations in other concurrent studies of navitoclax as a single agent. Based on a maximum-tolerated dose estimation of 350 mg using intermittent dosing, the daily equivalent dosing of 225 mg was the starting point for the dose escalation in continuous dosing cohorts (Fig 1C), where less variability in platelet dynamics over time were observed (Fig 1D). Twelve additional patients were treated on continuous dosing cohorts before an estimated maximum-tolerated dose of 325 mg was reached.

Phase II study:
"Phase II Study of Single-Agent Navitoclax (ABT-263) and Biomarker Correlates in Patients with Relapsed Small Cell Lung Cancer"

"Thirty-nine patients received navitoclax 325 mg daily, following an initial lead-in of 150 mg daily for 7 days."

The dose-limiting side effect was thrombocytopenia. (Loss of platelets in your blood.) The 7-day lead in was to reduce the level of thrombocytopenia. Kind of like priming the platelet pump. In our case since we have no reason to treat for weeks at at time, the lead-in has no point. The first paper started at 225mg and found that they could safely raise it to 325mg and see benefit. The second paper followed these guidelines.

Based on everything I see here, you don't want to go higher than 325mg/day for no more than two days at a time and with weeks in between doses to recover platelets. With all the side-effects (nausea, vomiting) I suspect that one day on this stuff at a time is going to be hard enough. The second paper above says they they got 60% effect on platelets at 150mg/day so I would hesitate to go below that.

TL;DR:

1-2 days @150-325mg

Edited by jmorris, 17 March 2017 - 05:55 AM.

• like x 1

#321 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

Nate

Science in making ...My conclussion...there must be at least 2 diifferent

aethiologies of the ET or 2 different pathways to affect it in different individuals .

Thanks for sharing .....nothing to add at this moment.

It may actually be multiple conditions with different causes, ET is an umbrella term IMO. All I know is more serotonin = more shake for me.

The sauna and red light do seem to have a mitigating effect on tremor though.

#322 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Interesting papers found while doing Navitoclax dosage research

These are unread and placed here for myself and jmorris only by the look of things?! :)

Cellular senescence mediates fibrotic pulmonary disease

(NB that Nilotinib also clears fibrosis, misfolded proteins and old, dysfunctional mitochondria as stated earlier in this thread)

D+Q versus N in lung cells. May explain the phlegm/mucous experienced with D+Q
http://www.nature.co...ogical-sciences

Identification of a novel senolytic agent, navitoclax, targeting the Bcl‐2 family of anti‐apoptotic factors

Dosage of N in Nano Moles for a duration of 2-3 days in vitro in Fig. 2 & 3.

How to convert to a dosage?  Schedule would depend on N's half life?
(Info on combining D+N and D+Q+N)

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4854923/

Clearance of senescent cells by ABT263 rejuvenates aged hematopoietic stem cells in mice

(sci-hub.io gives access to paywalled papers)

http://sci-hub.io/10.1038/nm.4010

Studying Navitoclax, a Targeted Anticancer Drug, in Healthy Volunteers – Ethical Considerations and Risk/Benefit Assessments and Management

After oral administration, navitoclax reached the peak plasma concentration (Cmax) at approximately 9 h and had a terminal half-life of about 17 h. Cmax and the area under the concentration-time curve of navitoclax were approximately dose-proportional between 10 and 475 mg doses.

Non-clinical toxicity profiles of navitoclax. Navitoclax is not genotoxic. The main effects of navitoclax were testicular toxicity, thrombocytopenia and lymphopenia. Both thrombocytopenia and lymphopenia were dose-dependent, reversible, and monitorable. Dose-dependent testicular toxicity was observed in both rats and dogs. After 4 weeks of once daily dosing, the NOAEL was 3 mg/kg/day in the rat, with less severe effects at the end of a 4-week recovery period suggestive of reversibility, and 1 mg/kg/day in the dog, with minimal, non-adverse effects at the end of a 4-week recovery period. There was no evidence of reversibility with 13 weeks of dosing and a 13-week recovery period. Minor navitoclax effects were observed on the rat ovary (decreased in ovarian weights in all studies; ovarian atrophy at the highest dose level, 100 mg/kg/day, in the chronic, 6-month study). However, these effects were considered not to be adverse due to the absence of associated histopathologic findings or effects on fertility. The HED of 30 mg was based on the NOAEL of 1 mg/kg/day for platelet and lymphocyte count reductions and for testicular germ cell depletion in the dog at dosing durations up to 13 weeks. This provided a conservative estimate of the non-adverse navitoclax dose level as determined from toxicology studies

http://ar.iiarjourna.../34/7/3739.full

#323 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for looking into dosages for Navitoclax.  Once we find a source for a Group Buy I am planning to start at a daily dose of 100mg/day since the safety data validates doses of 250mg/day without serious side effects. This would be a run of Navitoclax lasting for a few days, up to a week or two at most. Let's remember that these are still experimental substances without a lot of research data on continued use.

Navitoclax Safety Profile data soure:

http://www.neweviden...nterim-results/

Back to Dasatinib. I am wondering if perhaps it might awaken the efficient sleeper gene DEC2, because since my run with D+Q I have been waking up refreshed after 4 hours sleep as if I had already taken several cups of coffee. Note, as a teenager I needed 12 hours sleep. This lowered to 10 hours/night in my twenties, and never went under 9 hours afterwards. Since taking the latest treatment with D+Q I go to bed after midnight and wake up at around 4:30am, ready for anything! This is further evidenced by a severe reduction in my caffeine intake. I used to drink more than 10 shots of expresso a day, and even then I felt tired. Now I only have one or two.

I find it hard to attribute this to aging reduction, even if there were some such effects with D+Q. Another possible cause of this shift in sleep requirements could also be Epitalon, I took 10mg/day for 10 days right before taking the D+Q. Your inspired insight is appreciated.

DareDevil

Edited by DareDevil, 18 March 2017 - 05:28 AM.

#324 TaiChiKid

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

IMHO, using the combination D/Q/F(fasting) should be done in isolation.  Adding other ingredients in the hope that the new combination might somehow be more effective is folly until hard science backs up your hypothesis.

For example, consider the use of resveratrol or pterostilbene as a supplement which you wish to consume the same time as DQF.  What if this supplement interfered with apoptosis?  In fact, this is apparently the case.

My own background includes pre-med back in the day, and more recently advanced immunology.   My understanding is that cancerous and aberrant proteins which appear in cells are ubiquinated, passed through a proteasome (which looks like a chinese finger trap but instead of bamboo is composed a channel of negatively and positively charged areas which stretch out and shred the proteins).  Ultimately fragments of the proteins are expressed on the surface of a cell as Major Histological Complex type 1 (MHC1) which attract killer T-cells to kill cells (apoptosis) which exhibit the aberrant protein fragments.

A Feb. 26 2017 issue of Aging shows that resveratrol and thus its more bioactive form pterostilbene enhances the growth of HER type breast cancer proteins (TaiChiKid's comment:  in Mo (Mouse)) by suppressing the proteasome destruction of the proteins. 

You can view the full text of the journal at:  http://www.aging-us....om/issue/v9i2. The journal contains full text of  monthly scholarly peer-reviewed (anti-) aging studies which are free to read, study, and quote.

The article is the following:
  Resveratrol fuels HER2 and ERα-positive breast cancer behaving as proteasome inhibitor
Abstract:  The phytoestrogen resveratrol has been reported to possess cancer chemo-preventive activity on the basis of its effects on tumor cell lines and xenograft or carcinogen-inducible in vivo models. Here we investigated the effects of resveratrol on spontaneous mammary carcinogenesis using Δ16HER2 mice as HER2+/ERα+ breast cancer model. Instead of inhibiting tumor growth, resveratrol treatment (0.0001% in drinking water; daily intake of 4μg/mouse) shortened tumor latency and enhanced tumor multiplicity in Δ16HER2 mice. This in vivo tumor-promoting effect of resveratrol was associated with up-regulation of Δ16HER2 and down-regulation of ERα protein levels and was recapitulated in vitro by murine (CAM6) and human (BT474) tumor cell lines. Our results demonstrate that resveratrol, acting as a proteasome inhibitor, leads to Δ16HER2 accumulation which favors the formation of Δ16HER2/HER3 heterodimers. The consequential activation of downstream mTORC1/p70S6K/4EBP1 pathway triggers cancer growth and proliferation. This study provides evidence that resveratrol mechanism of action (and hence its effects) depends on the intrinsic molecular properties of the cancer model under investigation, exerting a tumor-promoting effect in luminal B breast cancer subtype models.

An old engineering adage probably applies here:  'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'  Please research your modifications to a new protocol before publishing it, some people may follow it blindly.

Edited by TaiChiKid, 18 March 2017 - 05:30 AM.

#325 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

Hi Tai Chi Kid,

I agree, I haven't even posted my own protocol which today has about 10 subsequent phases with either solitary or combined substances. However, D+Q aren't associated with any other chemicals during their intake. Reason being why boost something which are already very powerful, almost too powerful I might add? When you're taking them you certainly notice you're undergoing treatment. It doesn't feel like supplementation, but like a clinical procedure. At least at 100mg/day with 40mg/day I felt boosted, but not blasted. FWIW

DD

#326 Alpharius

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Looking at the human pharmacodynamic navitoclax data and the paper which made in vitro senolysis with different types of cells, one man of average weight would need around 100-125 mg to reach the concentration achieved in vitro. Navitoclax concentration stays a whole while elevated so one dosage should be enough. Potential side effects are toxicity on blood platelets and neutrophils.

There are two other senolytics, similar to Navitoclax, but they do not bind to BCL-2 so should not have the same toxicity, but unfortunately they have never been used clinically so they will remain useless for us till we know more about their side effects and pharmacodynamics: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28273655

#327 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Hi Alpharius,

Thanks for the link. They also discuss FISETIN but are not clear in the abstract whether it was studied together with the two selective BCL-XL inhibotors A1331852 and A1155463, or independently? One would need to read the full article to establish that naturally occurring fruit flavone FISETIN would possibly be a relatively safe senolytic substance? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3689181/

I, for one, am interested in sourcing it for experimental research purposes.

Cheers,

DareDevil

#328 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

We might realize, of course, that these different substances are killing different kinds of senescent cells, they're gonna have different effects either alone or in ways not understood synergistically.

While awaiting dasatinib, I've been taking quercetin alone -- nothing else -- while fasting (no food) at 3,500 mg/day. I am noticing "things" which I believe are beyond placebo, and aspects that I've not experienced through years of calorie restriction, fasting, failed resveratrol, and, more recently, failed NR/Pterostilbene

Quercetin alone is encouraging. Any ideas what the dosing for fisetin might be?
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#329 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

In an earlier thread about Fisetin, Longecity member maxwatt stated:

QUOTE:

"Mouse weighs typically 20 grams, and eats 5 grams a day.  At 0.5% of diet, the amount of fisetin in the study was 25 mg, times 50 = 1250 mg/kg. For a 70 kg human this would be a over 70 grams, all other things being equal, which they are not.  Difference in metabolic rate implies a scaling factor based on relative body surface area.  The FDA publishes a table CLICK HERE for determining starting doses in clinical trials using such an algorithm, and for mice one multiplies the mouse dose of 1250 mg/kg by 0.08. So the equivalent human dose would be 100 mg/kg. Around 7 grams, still somewhat high. Half that (some of the mice got .25% fisetin diets) would be 3.5 grams.  And maybe their mice weighed more, like 30 grams, so you might get by with 3 grams a day. Another wrinkle is mouse pharmokinetics are different than human. We may clear a xenobiotic like fisetin more efficiently than a mouse, and would need more.  Or maybe less? If our metabolic pathways are even more different."

http://www.longecity...ng/#entry771843

Here is a chart of natural sources, they aren't exactly loaded with fisetin:

Attached File  Fisetin Sources.jpg   95.85KB   6 downloads

DareDevil

• Informative x 1

#330 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Well, gee that's a little discouraging ^^^ ain't it? The fisetin I ordered off amazon (doctors best) is only 100mg pills, boo hoo. So 70 grams, wow no way ever from pills... unless someone digs up some sketchy powder, which I'm loathe.

7/g is a little more reasonable, I'm 70kg myself, but damned that's a lot of pills haha... but anyone guess how often? 70 pills one time, two times, ten times, no one knows, I reckon, we're flying alone here, people, seat of pants, ye seekers of immortality...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dasatinib, senolytic, senescent, scenescent cells, sasp, senolytics, group buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users