Photo
- - - - -

Pyritinol side effects?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 olav23

• 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

Just wondering if anyone can comment on the Pyritinol study that showed that liver function should be monitored while taking this supplement. The patients had rheumatoid arthritis, but is this something us younger folk should be concerned about?

To paraphrase:

The one major exception to Pyritinol’s low side-effect profile occurred in the large-scale rheumatoid arthritis trial. The authors note that Pyritinol side effects "were mostly nuisance events, which led to stopping therapy [in some cases], but did not constitute a health risk for the patient and were fully and rapidly reversible." (3) However, they also note a general trend in the Pyritinol-arthritis literature of about 2% potentially serious adverse effects involving blood, kidney or liver, which makes it important for regular monitoring of liver enzymes, urine status and blood cell status when using Pyritinol to treat rheumatoid arthritis.

Also read that there were some rashes/skin issues.

A wide range of doses have been used in Pyritinol studies. These have ranged from as low as 100 mg twice daily to 200 mg three time’s daily or 200 mg four times daily.

So these look relatively inline with what people on this board are taking. Can anyone comment?

I'm attempting to start up my noo-stack once more. I was thinking of incorporating this into it, but not so sure after this.

I'm probably gonna go back to the old standards: (for general learning/memory enhancement)

Piracetam
Alpha GPC
Bacopa
Ginkgo
Vinpocetine

Thanks!

#2 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:52 AM

LifeMirage:

FAQ anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:29 AM

So these look relatively inline with what people on this board are taking. Can anyone comment?

I'm attempting to start up my noo-stack once more. I was thinking of incorporating this into it, but not so sure after this.

Pyritinol is a very safe vitamin compound....problems with it are no higher than any other compound.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:06 PM

FAQ anyone?

I think that would be a great idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users