Comission: Intro Video/Flash

video intro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:23 PM

Although focused on its mission to conquer the blight of involuntary death, LongeCity has always presented a rather heterogeneous, slightly sprawling first impression. It is correct to say that we aim to lift a broad umbrella, and are less focused on any particular topics or approaches  (compared to some like-minded organisations such as SENSF which focuses on aging). Moreover, our user- and community-led, approach and the range of options to contribute and retrieve information on the site can be a bit daunting. 

In this context, we are working to improve our 'intro' page offering, and are thinking about enhancing that intro with a short video or similar animated feature.  

The initial budget for this would be ca. $800. 

If you are interested to contribute please contact us.  

LCVid.png

#2 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:40 AM

How should it look like?

Long time ago I made a circling Hourglas in Flash with Leafs, I think it was BJ who asked for such a thing, I dont know for what it was used in the end... should it be something like that?

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

If you have the animation, then share it and we will let you know if it has the right theme.

#4 YOLF

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:07 PM

I started making these like a year or so ago:

I was further along with this project than these videos show, might still have some of those videos on my other laptop... I could see us adding a 3D LongeCity graphic to it, but I think Caliban is looking for a short and inspiring explainer type intro video or a welcome video. I wouldn't mind rehashing this project with a new script and some fancy 3D graphics, though I'd want to select the voice talent very carefully and pay for it with part of the grant funds and I want to stick to the plan. 

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 YOLF

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:05 PM

Submitted a proposal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, intro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users