What do I stack Dextroamphetamine with?

work study focus mood brain injury

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 komputerhead

• 27 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hi All,

Approximately 4 years ago I had a bike accident and ended up with a Subarachnoid Hemorrhage which is a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury, plus a smashed shoulder, I has some speech problems for a few days, when people saw me in hospital they did not understand what I was saying, it came right, reading was hard as was focus and I was easily overwhelmed and angry. I stopped drinking and exercised and rested and ate well and got a pretty good recovery.

Last year I was on Ritalin for 1 year, I got cranky on it so stopped it, I have Dextroamphetamine on prescription as of 4 months ago , it helps me be calmer and less agitated, focus and work at work, I am sometimes stacking it with Noopept, PS & Alpha GPC (occasionally take), Uridine, L-Theanine, bacopa monnieri, fish oil, flax seed, multivitamins and other supplements.

I ran Cerebrolysin a 10 ml per day for 5 days with 2 days off for 4 weeks, I have run Cerebrolysin before and I do like it. 

I think Noopept is working well with Dextroamphetamine

My working memory is not the best I still get overwhelmed by too much information at once, I work in IT and have quite a full on job trying to learn everything.

I would like to know what you think would be the best things to stack with Dextroamphetamine as I need to study and learn and pass exams and work and live.

Edited by komputerhead, 10 October 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#2 lemon_

• Validating/Suspended
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

Ketamine, Magisium , Caoco , Kava , NMDA Blocker. Most important would be a NMDA blocker.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

Magnesium and antioxidants, eg) bacopa, green tea extract, curcumin, blue/straw/kiwi berries, cruciferous&allium veggies, pinto/kidney/black beans

• like x 1

#4 Nootropic Milk Hotel

• 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

I have a few years of experience combining Dexedrine & nootropics, but I'll preface this by saying that I have only used amphetamine in the context of ADHD.

To be honest it's hard to say if any supplements, barring a tiny handful, have been noticeably helpful, but here are some that are generally healthy to pair with amphetamine:

Aspirin (but if you are also taking fish oil and some other blood thinners, this may be unwise)

Vitamin D

Lithium (in tiny doses!)

Just about any antioxidant- a combination is usually best

Curcumin, and probably most adaptogens

Magnesium & zinc (both are depleted by amps at an accelerated rate, and both can temper tolerance, anxiety and excitation)

Other NMDA receptor antagonists (though I can't in good conscience recommend regular use of something like ketamine here)

However, in my experience the concurrent administration of D-Amp and a NMDAR antagonist can be pretty unpleasant. Some users swear by taking a low dose of DXM before/with amp, to keep tolerance at bay, but I find the combination makes me extra jittery and scatterbrained. The few times I have combined amphetamines with (recreational) methoxetamine have been awful. I have never tried memantine, but it's another (expensive) option. Your mileage may vary.

I also find NAC combines uncomfortably with amps, but AFAIK there's nothing unsafe about it.

Supposedly taking methylphenidate after amphetamine is neuroprotective, but something tells me you won't be doing that any time soon :^)

Some compounds that appear to potentiate amphetamine's effects:

Nicotine

Piracetam (there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to whether it's a good or bad idea to pair it with stimulants, but I doubt it's dangerous)

Antacids

• Well Written x 1
  • like x 1

#5 komputerhead

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

I am also taking lgd-4033 pregnenolone, dhea and Dim to stop estrogen.

#6 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

Bacopa, ashwagandha, lemon balm/ magnolia bark to ease the crash.

I'd be curious to see how you feel if you add a tiny amount of Clonazepam, say 1/4 of a mg, to smooth out some of the Adderall anxiety, and racing thoughts; which in my case did not help my cognition.

I'd also be very careful to monitor my sleep patterns and to stay hydrated.

• Agree x 1

#7 komputerhead

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:33 AM

I just started taking some Glutamine, does anyone know what the interaction of that is with dextroamphetamine? I think it will be good as it will raise GABA but some people say it's not good.

#8 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

If you want to potentiate the dextroamphetamine you can take it with a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, for what it's worth.

#9 komputerhead

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

I usually just dissolve it under my tounge, I have actually cut it back heaps since I started adding glutamine at night. Feeling a heap calmer too.
  • unsure x 1

#10 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:09 AM

The prescribed combination I take; 1200mg Gabapentin+ 1mg Clonazepam+ 30mg Dexedrine.

I would rate it a 8/10 in terms of what effectiveness.

In the the past I've combined my Dexedrine with nearly every supplement, vitamin, nootropic, illicit drug, etc. all of which at the very most 6/10 in effectiveness. 

As well as a huge waste of A LOT of money. 

Everyone's different, trial and error is the way to go. Get a sense of what effects you're looking to achieve, then go from there.

From a Fellow curious intellectual,

Good luck

#11 PalmAnita

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:26 AM

Other NMDA receptor antagonists (though I can't in good conscience recommend regular use of something like ketamine here)

Well, in my eyes it's certainly better than using e.g. benzodiazepines regularly. There's definitely something going wrong in everyday's practice with doctors handing out scripts for things like lorazepam and quetiapine as candy but being scared off ketamine being a hard 'horse-tranquilizer'. It's potent, yes, but when used responsibly and correctly also a very good tool. Think the addiction potential is some degrees lower than that of the BZD's, and it's physically quite safe too as long as one doesn't do half a gram daily. You can knock a horse out with lorazepam too in the end.

Just sucks that it's somewhat gray-area / illegal (could be prescribed here though, but nobody actually does that) and it's pretty short lived. But the enhancement, anxiolysis, mood-lifting effects etc. are very real and if I had a script for ketamine, I wouldn't need any more stimulants. Ketamine has some dopamine reuptake inhibiting properties by itself but it isn't as strong as amphetamine. 

Edited by dopamimetiq, 24 November 2015 - 07:31 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 komputerhead

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

I think candida was the major issue, I was getting rashes and my negative thoughts were very strong, I took some over the counter oral/ vaginal thrush pills that kill the virus 1 every second day for a week, lots of water. Bamm felt pretty good. Got some candida supplements from iherb, took lots of turmeric and glutamine, mct oil and feeling really good, stopped taking dexi for now. I am very calm and focused. I will see how this rolls and just collect my prescription for a while. I just take theanine as a relaxer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users