• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Evil?

evil

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

Does evil exist?

I dont mean evil in the shape of a massmurderer with mental problems, or hitler who thought to do mankind a favour, no i mean evil which is not commited becaue of other reasons than to "serve" evil.

(Yes I know the concept of good and evil is something very subjective and bound to different systems of moral teachings but Iam still interessted in this question)

The best description for this sort of motivation would be one of the 80ies Cartoon Villains of whom some were doing evil deeds just because they were evil.

This would be the opposite of the familiar (but not really true) concept of doing good for the sake of good.

Is there destruction and Suffering which finds meaning in intself?

Is it desireable to serve Unicron and be devoured in the end?

(Yes the cartoonreferences were necessary :-)   )

#2 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

I think you may need to educate yourself about psychopaths and the reptilian brain. Thomas Sheridan authors some good books about psychopaths in society and has done great research that you'll find agreeable. The motivation behind an evil act is usually a dangerous mix of thoughts orchestrated by a logic that has a warped balance of emotion caused by primitive brain functions. The brain chemicals involed that ensures the primitive brains operation can produce a kind of high, like in the reward response when dealing with addiction, " so if it feels good, what's wrong!? " would be the typical resonse, but relief can also be the reward when dealing in a survival situation. For example an army commanded might say "that village must be destroyed", because it's blocking the path of supplies to his troops. The horror of knowing his troops being weakened without the supplies is enough to motivate him to give orders that have deadly consequences. Now you could argue against my army scenario being valid as an example, but the facts remain, people got hurt, people harmed other people, some people felt justified in their desisions to harm others, people thought they had no other choice. We are told a multitude of reasons why people do destructive harmful things, but in essence it boils down to a seemingly complex weave of psychopathic logic. This weave of logic can only be judged by the resultant actions displayed, but when we have a vast majority of poorly fed population that has brains starved of, sustenance, good example, correct education, etc, psychopathy can thrive. Fear of lose seems to be the common motivator. It's usually hidden fear, denial of fear, confussion by fear, you get the idea. To see the lose of face, pride, territory, just annoy a lizard, you'll understand!

#3 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

I understand that but it was not what I ment. I ment evil which is produced not through a tense situation, and where the outcome eventually will justify the means, nor through abnormal brains which enjoy certain things we undersatnd as bad.

I ment if there is intelligent, commited evil for the sake of doing evil enjoyable or not, which will produce evil again. Something maybe, like freuds death drive, but with more meaning and sustainable.

Is it possible for something like that to exist in "nature"?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:02 PM

I think that life being so dependant on death for its sustainance would be a creation of an evil God.
That's only in my less aetheistic moments. For if God is all powerful why would he create such a system if he isn't evil?

#5 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:32 AM

Because he doesnot exist?

• Good Point x 2

#6 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

The differentiation between good and evil is not noticed in the physical until the results are seen. They could take an experience well and call it bad luck, or take it bad and blame evil. Playing the blame game is pointless most of the time, immature attitudes employ the blame game alot.
Essentially evil exists in the psychology of man through biochemical environments and poor spiritual entities.
Devine knowledge can cause one to do bad for the better good, but I have yet to see an example where anyone got hurt. Most technologies are selfish, especially needless ones!
911 was an evil attempt, we all know who the culprits are, and they all know how they can no longer have meaningful heart communication to heal themselves. Karma keeps most people in check, most people should be aware that thier righteous judgement will cause karma, but we get told not to judge unless you can be judged yourself! The blame game is folly, but when you know why someone did it and that it was them, blame and judgement become very powerful for the righteous. Not enough people believe in this yet. imo
Evil is a construct, just like money, it's not naturally real, but it's there and can be made into an undependent!

#7 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Does it occure naturally? Do good outcomes occure natrually? Do situations mutate into better ones naturally? Do parasites occure naturally?
It's not important weather something happens, whats important is how you view your environment with your emotions. And how healthy your emotions are balanced, and the capacity of them. That's important for everyone who wants to be mature enough to care.

Seeing the wood for the trees?

Saying God does not exist, does not excuse you from Karma. But I gave you a reward for the post, you obviously need some help!

Edited by Multivitz, 02 January 2016 - 12:39 PM.

#8 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

100% of the population on Earth has mental illness in some form or another. This is not a normal population, if Normal is defined idealistically with abductive logic rather than being defined by consensus and commonality. Because of this, many people are largely of darkness & evil in nature. They give off dark energy, and use sociopathic action to steal energy from others. The population is either engaged in a war somewhere, or anywhere where there is no war, the population is then drama queens who cant function socially. They cant even have romantic relationships without fighting, using, cheating, & going through dumping tons of people until they find a marriage partner where then 55% end in divorice. They also have constant dark drama with their friends & family. The population is also disociative & weak-minded. The population has an incorrect consciousness that needs a correction, if they are to continue to exist living in physical bodies on Earth. They should choose either volunteer extinction or embrace abolitionist-transhumanism, because they are nuts as it is now. Im sure any intelligent person here can think of and list 100 examples of why the population is abnormal and mentally ill, besides war and the very few points i listed. No politician, prosecutor, judge or bureaucrat is even qualified to hold the position they hold, and its like children playing house. The positions arent going to disappear just because no one is qualified enough intellectually to hold them, they will of course continue and be filled with psychopaths and idiots.

So the question is: Is evil deterministic by bad genetics, bad brains and causality that programs people, all being against their fake will? Or is there a non-deterministic free will? Either way you can still use the term 'Evil'. If things are deterministic, then you could say this is a very evil situation we live in & simply replace the word People with Situation in a sentence using the word Evil.

Social Oriented Passage of the Hedonistic Imperative:

www.empathogens.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: evil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users