Photo
- - - - -

Prof. Dr. James George Defares & C60oo

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 AntiAgingKing

• 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

Does anybody know how Prof. Dr. James George Defares  defares.jpgdied last August 2015??? He was 88 years old and taking massive doses of C60 & Olive Oil. Was it an accident & if not shouldnt the C60 have helped him live longer than 88? He said it was working.

Edited by AntiAgingKing, 04 February 2016 - 03:46 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:11 AM

taking massive doses of C60 & Olive Oil

Details, please.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:39 AM

Even if it "works" perfectly an 88 year old is liable to die at any time. Maybe if he started earlier in life. If it works :)

4. Discussion

Here we show that an orally-administered SOD mimetic can significantly increase lifespan and reduce mitochondrial free radical production. To our knowledge, this is the first report that a non-transgenic approach other than calorie restriction, a highly complex intervention, can increase the lifespan of a mammal. Non-transgenic C57BL6 mice which received C3 from 12 months of age had an increase in mean (11%) and median (15%) lifespan (Fig. 2a). Calorie restriction (CR) initiated at 12 months age extends mean lifespan by 14% (median lifespan by 16%) [36], a shift in survival that is similar to ours. Since CR has also been reported to improve free radical handling, this may indicate that there are overlapping mechanisms between these two interventions. If this is true, then one would predict that initiating treatment with C3 at 2–3 months of age would result in an even greater increase in lifespan, since CR started at 2 months of age increases lifespan by more than 25% [43].

In reviewing the literature on aging and lifespan in standard C57BL6 mice, we found that median lifespans generally reported ranged from 23.5–25 months (females) and 25–27 months (males) across multiple studies [12], [15] and [45]. Our median lifespan was within this range.

http://www.sciencedi...197458006003423

• Good Point x 1

#4 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:59 AM

In order to get info about Prof. Defares, go to: http://c60antiaging.com/ and read the PDFs. The links are given on the right side of the webpage.

E. g.: http://owndoc.com/pd...d-telomeres.pdf

• Informative x 1

#5 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

Well that's dissapointing. I am curious also about the cause of his passing.
  • like x 1

#6 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

In order to get info about Prof. Defares, go to: http://c60antiaging.com/ and read the PDFs. The links are given on the right side of the webpage.

E. g.: http://owndoc.com/pd...d-telomeres.pdf

It's not very informative. No info on dosage or frequency. No info on what sort of medical problems he might have had.

#7 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

In my opinion as a biologist (and doctor) this effect of C60 on my ’amputated nail’ is even more astonishing than TA-65 effect on my auricles. Could it be that this is a harbinger of a very long life ahead: another 80 years? Only time will tell, but on the basis of Moussa’s rat experiment, the high dose of C60 I’m using at my age and my big toe miracle I take this possibility seriously into account.

http://owndoc.com/pd...60 benefits.pdf

Nope 

• unsure x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#8 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

If he had heart disease or a stroke (the 2 most common causes of death at that age), starting C60 at age 87 or 88 obviously isn't going to be any kind of a miracle.

• like x 1

#9 AntiAgingKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

Maybe the high dose of TA-65 caused problems. I still cant find out why he died, or if it was an accident of some kind that caused him to pass away. I wrote to Vaughter Wellness but they havent replied back yet after 2 days.   :dry:  :dry:  :blush:  :dry:  :dry:

#10 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

The worrying part wrt Vaughter Welness is that the reputation of James D is somewhat questionable if the internet is to be believed

Edited by stefan_001, 07 February 2016 - 03:38 PM.

• Agree x 1

#11 long68

• 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

https://www.facebook...ubstory_index=0

Defares werd eind juli volkomen onverwacht getroffen door een aantal invaliderende hersenbloedingen kort achterelkaar en koos voor euthanasie.

Found this if somebody can translate

#12 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

According to google translate:

Defares end of July was unexpectedly hit by a number of debilitating brain hemorrhages in quick succession and opted for euthanasia.

#13 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

Invariant beat me to it

Edited by Hebbeh, 07 February 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#14 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:42 PM

So, he had a series of strokes and decided based on quality of life he would rather "go on to the next great adventure" per Dumbledore, or "forever sleep" per Yoda.

His death is not an indictment against C60OO in any way shape or form.

#15 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

So, he had a series of strokes and decided based on quality of life he would rather "go on to the next great adventure" per Dumbledore, or "forever sleep" per Yoda.

His death is not an indictment against C60OO in any way shape or form.

Well if he really consumed a lot of C60oo then at least one could confer it ain't preventing stokes....or strengthen your arteries.

Edited by stefan_001, 07 February 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#16 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

Oh come on.  Does anyone seriously think that c60oo or anything else we had available a couple years ago would repair the damage already done to an 85 year old's arteries?  That requires rejuvenative therapy.  There isn't much we can conclude here beyond "TA-65 and c60oo are not miracles".

• Good Point x 3
  • Agree x 2

#17 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

Oh come on. Does anyone seriously think that c60oo or anything else we had available a couple years ago would repair the damage already done to an 85 year old's arteries? That requires rejuvenative therapy. There isn't much we can conclude here beyond "TA-65 and c60oo are not miracles".

Yup they are not miracles.....strangely enough it does seem to repair hair re growth and wrinkles in months according anecdotes. Surely must then do something on the inside?

Edited by stefan_001, 07 February 2016 - 10:07 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#18 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

It is of critical importance to separate a haemorrhagic stroke from an ischaemic stroke. The latter is the endstage event of atherosclerosis, whereas the a true haemorrhagic stroke could have been the result of a ruptured aneurysma or a ruptured artery, while the total-body atherosclerotic burden must have not been necessarily high.

It is possible that he took a variety of supplements which favor haemorhagic events as well.

However, I am just guessing and maybe the translation programm took the term haemorrhagic, while it was indeed ischaemic.

I would not be surprised if he disposed his body to science and agreed to an autopsy.

IMO he was a brave man, because he tried to make a difference by taking very large C60doses. And he posted his experiences.

regs

mm

#19 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:13 AM

And he posted his experiences.

Where?

#20 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

@Turnbuckle,

its all there in the PDFs on VW.

go to and follow the links above the photo of Defares:

http://c60antiaging.com/c60-studies/

Prof. Dr. J. G. Defares: C60 likely works by inhibiting telomere shrinkage: PDF Defares: "C60 revived my dead toenail": PDF Defares: "C60 cures nocturnal cramps": PDF

"In my opinion as a biologist (and doctor) this effect of C60 on my ’amputated nail’ is even more astonishing than TA-65's effect on my auricles."

#21 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

Addendum: you have to scroll down a little bit in oder to see the photo at the right margin of the screen.

Edited by markymark, 08 February 2016 - 10:09 AM.

#22 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

@Turnbuckle,

its all there in the PDFs on VW.

go to and follow the links above the photo of Defares:

Prof. Dr. J. G. Defares: C60 likely works by inhibiting telomere shrinkage: PDF Defares: "C60 revived my dead toenail": PDF Defares: "C60 cures nocturnal cramps": PDF

"In my opinion as a biologist (and doctor) this effect of C60 on my ’amputated nail’ is even more astonishing than TA-65's effect on my auricles."

All there? I still don't see anything about dosage or frequency. No info on his medical problems and the impact C60 had on them. Only the toenail. And his page on C60 and telomeres suggests he knows little about research and has no idea what constitutes proof. So it's really surprising that anyone would be using him to sell this stuff.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 08 February 2016 - 10:59 AM.

• Agree x 2

#23 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

Oh come on.  Does anyone seriously think that c60oo or anything else we had available a couple years ago would repair the damage already done to an 85 year old's arteries?  That requires rejuvenative therapy.  There isn't much we can conclude here beyond "TA-65 and c60oo are not miracles".

Even though it is improbable c60oo is a miracle cure, we certainly can conclude it isn't from Professor Defare's death. Kelsey's research has given us all deep concern over the SES product and the analysis of concentration levels suggest the likelihood that both SES and VW vendors have cut corners or failed in their production methods. We have reason to believe that SES product or a specific batch of is very harmful to mice, it also failed Kelsey's inhouse quality testing and as of yet we don't know whether VW would fail in the same way or perform similarly to the SES off the shelf product in a mouse study. There are also some anecdotal accounts of comparatively much better experiences from Carbon over VW (Mikey and I noticed differences) although in hindsight its possible, that given the concentration levels revealed in VW and Carbon, this was down to dosing. It is hard to have confidence in either VW or the SES product now and he, it would seem, was on VW.   

Edited by ambivalent, 09 February 2016 - 12:27 AM.

• Agree x 3

#24 AntiAgingKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:21 AM

Vaughter ALSO lowered their suggested intake to 1/2 Teaspoon daily on their latest bottle, which is down from their suggested intake of 1 Teaspoon per day like it always used to be!

:dry:   :|o  :dry:

Edited by AntiAgingKing, 18 February 2016 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users